Camp Bon Fire Rumors and Stories

• Shortly after the withdrawal of the Gypsy Camp troops from the Long Road, the High Priestess of Umberlee and Norwick Militia Trainee, Corana, was seen passing through the camp to head out into the spider infested woods. Some hours later, she returned dragging a large sack of mangled spider bodies, totaling upward of forty it would seem, which she proceeded to dump out in the shape of a figure eight around the center fires of the camp. On the way out of the camp toward the Nars, she could be heard remarking:

"A gift from the Chancellor of Norwick. Since your boy and his pink guard have resorted to cowardice of late, he was concerned that they might run from the spiders too, so he sent me to deal with that problem for you."

//OOC: A pile of eyes and spider sacks has been left IG by the fires to signify the spider parts that this post references.//

• tala laughs

I must be getting old then or loosing my touch.

grins and drinks a mug of tea

• Grins at Tala and accepts a bit of tea

I suppose.

Looks towards Lilins tent

The orcs have shown no sign of Honor or Tempus since this started. I have never said anything regarding them other than 'fire'. Tala . . . . I know the difference between war and battle, honest I do. Now it is war, and I think it is going to get a lot worse.

Up till now it has been battle.

sighs I have to get back to the wall to listen for a signal.

hands back the mug and whispers

Thanks, nice to be talked with, not yelled at.

• tala plunks down a fresh steaming pot of tea.

Put your foot in your mouth Jerr? I would see your point if it were an honor duel, but this is war. They mean to rid the valley of the lot of us and that orc tried to take my head off my shoulders.

runs her neck and pours herself a mug of tea

• Aelthas just looks at Jerr and frowns, saying only three words.

You disgust me.

He then turns and walks off, not waiting for a response

• Star snorts <e>Jerr has finally lost marbles. Tyr once send messenger to Star to tell her she have no honour. Star say if honour is let Giants kill us, then send back to be raised and come kill us again and again and again then honour is stupidest thing star ever heard. Burn them, burn them alive if can. Every giant burned is one less kill our people. Is Jerr's honour that mean five rom lie dead. Dead because he too stupid to know war is not honour. War is death, theirs or ours.</e>

• @355f2879e0=ShadowElf:

_Ye want honor…. protect your own, an' let the monsters worry about theirs.

Jerr takes this with a calm expression and nods.

"That is what I said. And I support your decision to abandon Jiyyd to its end, if that is what you chose to do. The elders gave you the responsibility and care of your group and how you use them, or use them up, lies entirely with you.

Now Jiyyd has decided that they will be burning the bodies and I am heading back to the wall in spite of that. Shall I tell them that you group will be returning or that they should find others to cover that area? I have little fear for my own honor, anymore. I owe Jiyyd to much not to be there to help, whether they fight one way or another.

Again, what your honor dictates you to do, I will support without hesitation. The camp trusts you to do the right thing, in this."_

• _Rumors flourish about Lilin and Jerr having a heated arguement about Jerr's actions. Some just shrug it off as Lilin's anger at Jerr bubbling over again, others say that she called him out on his shaky dipolomacy (The same that Raver did)

Whatever happened, neither party looks happy_

• Raver turns that cold eyed rage on Jerr when she hears his statements

YOU??
    You got my men killed because of some farkin' sense of some one else's honor? They are monsters, out ta kill human's an' elves an' yer precious tribe..
    an' you want ta give them back to raise them an' set them to killing again???

Ye want honor…. protect your own, an' let the monsters worry about theirs.

• Jerr, in a discussion around the fires is heard to react to Ravers pulling of the gypsy guards from the Jiyyd battle front.

"Good, they are needed more at home, pull them all, I say."

Later, when asked he explains . . .

"The defenders are beginning to burn the bodies of the giants, this is no longer and honorable battle and I will not ask that the camp pour our blood onto their soil. That being said I will also not forbid anybody from going if they chose to volunteer. Jiyyd gave us support when we retook our camp, without asking for repayment. They housed some of us when we were displaced. Each of you may make up yoiur own mind, but I do NOT think that the Elders have a right to assign men and women to man isolated posts of their battlefront."

• Raver's cold rage at the death of her Warriors sent even the bravest men scuttling out of her way.
    Making her way to the Jiyyd defensive walls, a long intense discussion ends with Raver stalking off, and pulling all the gypsy warriors off the Long Road hills.

I pledge my blade ta this fight, but you're not gonna be abusin' MY Warriors. They'll go home an' defend what's theirs.

• _Aelthas, Star, Kull and Sul'din were seen entering the camp with four dead blackarmbanded Gypsy Guards in their arms. They brought them to Jeni and all left, heading back to Jiyyd. Aelthas was seen re-entering the camp once again awhile later, another body in his arms which he brought to Jeni as well.

He was seen heading off to his tent to see his daughter and wife right after he spoke to Jeni._

• Raver and Aelthas' Warriors are seen going out on patrols and coming back beaten and bloody.
    There are reports of hobgoblin raids and orc scouting parties through out the Pass.
    Though the Warriors maintain a presence near the Long Road, more and more they are sticking close to the Camp, patrols within and around increasing.
    Raver is often seen stalking the Pass between Peltarch and Norwick, prowling into areas not normally walked, a worried expression on her face.
    She's overheard telling Jonathan that the Camp needs to be bringing in more supplies, and be preparing to defend the Camp.

• _Ragnhild lets it be known that she and her fellow Guardians have good experience in protecting caravans in the past, and will gladly assist in safeguarding any supplies that are needed in the warplagued south.

When not running back and forth to Norwick and Jiyyd, Ragnhild can usually be found in the camp with her children. Of late, her maternal efforts have extended not only to the children from the sisterhood, but also to the redheaded warrioress known to most as Melody. Ragnhild keeps an ever watchful eye on the latter, who seems to spend most her time absorbed in dropping little pebbles into the water._

• More and more reports have been coming in from scouts as well as a few of the guards stationed in the pass of ogres harassing travellers and caravans along the road south from Peltarch. Small skirmishing usually scatters the ogres, but it is clear that they are targetting caravans of supplies heading south above all else, with hit and run tactics.

• A beaming Star, newly wed to Llach Blackwood in a ceremony at the Wolves Den after the Festival there, keeps a close eye on all the children, whomever is looking after them. Her gaze as often outwards to the Pass as inwards to the Camp.

• Ragnhild welcomes any children brave enough to stomach her cooking to stay with her, Lycka and Asha. While her husband Zoma is away fighting the orcs, she seems to have chosen to stay with the children at the camp - no doubt a difficult decision to make for the fierce warrioress. As the life of a house wife is ill suited for her restless nature, Ragnhild soon makes up games for all the children to play, all of a somewhat rough-and-tumble, martial nature. The present favourite seems to be mud ball war, a game that leaves all participants incredibly dirty and also scores many casualties amongst innocent stand-bys.

• tala makes her cave open to a few of the children and seem to be busy tending the twins and the orphans. She seems to mutter about making more soup already and didn't we just deal with the dieing. He mutterings seem to just be her being her and not particularlly ill natured

• Many of the younger children are housed in the large tent of Jerr, one of the eldrs of the camp as well as a Sister. The rest are spread through the camp with families and taken well care of.

• _Early one morning the camp wakes to a bunch of refugees around the fire, being given food and drink by the Romani. The fifteen or so children and the twenty or so women from the sisterhood have been evacuated to camp by the gypsy guards that Aelthas had stationed near Jiyyd. The women being led by Nicahh herself.

It appears the orcs may be on the move and it doesnt take long after the guards say what may be their final words to friends and family, that they are seen leaving camp once again to head back to Jiyyd to stand with their Commander and the rest of their fellow soldiers.

Word is also left that Aelthas needs Raver in Jiyyd as soon as possible._