The undead posse

• Eating a corpse may be inconvenient if someone inteneded to be raised.

I've been hearing about this whole plot peripherally, went on a hunt for Railia once, but still don't have the greatest idea what's going on.

-Are the PC-zombies "rotting corpse, very obviously" undead, or just have some sort of negative-plane link and can pass for human? Do they stink like rotting corpses stink?

I can see that if the "Sons of Kyuss" want a new recruit, they're going to have to PK…but if someone suddenly smells rotting corpses, and sees people advancing on them that were left out three weeks past their expiration date, they should have some forewarning intstead of just having someone walk up and poleaxe them from behind.

• Damn, just my luck. I think I must miss every plot in this world. Ten months here and not a one!

I wonder where they hide that cookie jar…

• edited

• @57eb9e7672=Flinkie:

Also, by "zombify" the victum has to be alive. If we want normal slow-moving high-damage zombies, then we could use dead player corpses (of course the DM must be there to allow it, raise it, etc).

My apologies. I didn't know about your way of zombifying. What is the process? I might be able to come up with a nifty way to get you more "recruits".

@57eb9e7672:

What I want to know is, when we get the undead token, if some fool decides to run over, not asking for permission, heal us with cure light wounds (which would injure us even more)…

Make sure you test this first. I've tried a Cure Serious Wounds spell on a nearly dead Boneling (assuming it is Undead) and then saw its health actually increase. It appears not all undead are hurt by "Cure" spells in Narf.

• @7a7c356d48:

Maybe I'm missing something here but what is the difference between a Bandit's sword and a sword weilded by a PC?

No, you're not missing anything. A bandits sword could very well end our lives just as effectively as a PC's. Disregarding Flinkie's opinion that we can't be killed by npc's, our undead plot has just begun, meaning that our hideout isn't complete, we don't have the "undead" tokens we were to have. Basicly, we're PC's just like everyone else, rping that we're undead.

If we were to die before the story unfolds, that would defeat the whole purpose. Our crew should be keeping ourselves away from danger as much as possible, but what happens if something suddenly happens that we have no control over? In Rp sense, we could take care of the situation easilly, but without Dm support, we're bait.

Bringing to the dilemna that we're dead in game, but we could have prevented it in Rp.

….Alright, I have no idea what I just typed, wondering if it even answered your question! It's getting late over here, can't think straight, anyway, I hope it managed to clear at least something....zzzzz...

• @4d63dcf5be:

Except that monster deaths don't kill us, only players. Sure it's unrealistic, but its unrealistic how Raila got killed by some stupid bandit even though she's a uber-zombie (and how we can't raise any undead without Antman's support).

Correction on that, died an incredibly shameful death from a barking spider as my connection got cut. Grim was the one who was killed from the two officers.

@4d63dcf5be:

Does that mean we have to kill them? Because in order for me to actually become a full undead being I have to feed off others. But if that person doesn't join, does that mean he/she dies then? (he/she was pk'ed in order to be bitten, so death would have happened anyway, but we will try to zombify them more as a mercy thing).

Never actually thought of it that way. For an infected person to become fully undead, that person would have to feed of another living person. In effect, that would mean if the infected person doesn't infect another, he/she cannot be fully undead.

And about killing, its situational. We'll try to avoid needless killings as well as we can, since dying has been proven not to be fun at all. We can take other measures, such as imprisoning the person in our hideout for instance.

• Maybe I'm missing something here but what is the difference between a Bandit's sword and a sword weilded by a PC?

• edited

• @433aaefbe0:

But, if the person doesn't want to join us (even if we force him/her to) what do we do with the person if we brought him/her to our hideout? Can't just let him go, and I hate putting people in jail to rot (the fugue is better, seeing as you can go and respawn back in your home-town)

Like Mas said, its an on the spot decesion for the PC to join us or not, and this applies only when we are about to bite the PC. So, unless we didn't bite the person in the first place, we won't have a reason to drag the person to our hideout.

And I agree with the part of infected people being placed in jail. Meaning to say, people we bite, will disapear only to come back as part of our group. :lol:

• @06984662af:

Turns out perma-death only applies to actual PKs I believe, not silly monster deaths. Raila and Grim died before me, if perma-death applies, the undead posse (we need a better name) may be out of commission.

What? Whats the difference what kills your character? Is there a special method that has been set up that MUST be used to kill one of your crew? I'll understand if you don't want to post what that method is, should there be one but please confirm what Mas told you on this as I have been out of the loop for a few days.

• edited

• Isn't your character dead, flinkie?

• From what we've been told, the PC has the choice of joining the undead or not. We arn't here to drag anyone into something they wouldn't like doing, since it defeats the purpose of letting everyone have fun. So we won't be going around smacking people around, biting them, stuff them in our dungeon for an amount of time, in effect forcing them to join us.

That almost sounded like a cooking recipe…

Anyway, no one will be forced into our ranks, period! 😄

• edited

• I dont think at 5th level he is immune

• @a1d59fc698:

Paladins are IMMUNE to disease. Both magical and normal. So replace 'too difficult' with 'impossible'.

I thought this was the case too with monks high enough level. Im not exactly sure how they got around it with Grim if Im correct. Maybe im not 😛

• I only recently learned of any of this IC…

A couple of points though:

Paladins are IMMUNE to disease. Both magical and normal. So replace 'too difficult' with 'impossible'.

I wonder how any of these 'zombies' would like a 55 point Lay on Hands 😉

This is of course, OOC knowledge. I wouldn't use it unless I knew for sure someone was undead and 'must' die, and for whatever reason I decided to not use my sword that is specially designed to kill such foul creatures, heh.

• @d3a48deee2:

As for who we should zombify, I say those that are useful AND wish to join our cause (only those with abilities we ourselves don't have). I don't think we're "aloud" (or can't, because a person is too high of a level) to go around infecting every living thing, so that's out the window, seeing as we have to actually pk them (too much pking) in order to infect them.

Lastly, its too hard to infect paladins/monks (Grim was very stubborn, had to bite him twice AND hold him prisoners for about 3 days), its almost better to kill them outright.

I was under the impression such a drastic change requires the PCs permission first. If one of my characters was changed like this without my permission I would just refuse to play him.

• edited

• Whoa, Grim is a zombie werewolf? That is a new one…I wonder what his CR is?