The undead posse

• @5f19bc0eb9:

aside: what are some common non-combat solutions that people use when they are in a situation that almost begs for PvP only there are no DMs on to ok it?

Creativity. PK is often the last restort of those who have tried no other avenue.

@5f19bc0eb9:

aside, the second: What if the PCs both agree ooc? Is that sufficient? Both PCs can hit Print_screen to use as confirmation…

This is dodgy ground to be honest. As LA says it has been used in the past, however, imho the players would both have to be very well known and trusted players and if you did chose to go down that route I would also advise sub dual.

I happen to fall into the category of players that feels that there is no such thing as a 'necessary' PK, approriate yes, necessary no.

• @4f8896f5c2=robilar:

Magi, can a paladin sense the intense evil of these zombies? Do they feel more evil than, say, a greedy LE wizard?

Well assuming they are zombies they are powered by negative energy which does detect as evil..

@4f8896f5c2:

What I'm getting at…if Kanen walks by one of these zombies, wouldn't his spidey-sense go nutz and thus instigate a battle?

detect evil requires active use - sorry spidey.

@4f8896f5c2:

aside: what are some common non-combat solutions that people use when they are in a situation that almost begs for PvP only there are no DMs on to ok it?

run, dice roll, mutual pk agreement.

@4f8896f5c2:

aside, the second: What if the PCs both agree ooc? Is that sufficient? Both PCs can hit Print_screen to use as confirmation…

Yep this has always been sufficient. But screen print is good insurance against a retraction.

• @11c0b0afb0=Magi13:

…unless they lead that paladin first down a path of ruin to strip him/her of their abilities.

Which would be fun anyway.

Magi, can a paladin sense the intense evil of these zombies? Do they feel more evil than, say, a greedy LE wizard?

What I'm getting at…if Kanen walks by one of these zombies, wouldn't his spidey-sense go nutz and thus instigate a battle?

aside, the second: What if the PCs both agree ooc? Is that sufficient? Both PCs can hit Print_screen to use as confirmation...

• They aren't good.

Scutum to help answer yer concern, it's not a natural disease, which a monk would be immune to, but a magical one, which they aren't immune to. Now however, it being a disease, this means they won't be making any paladins into critters unless they lead that paladin first down a path of ruin to strip him/her of their abilities.

• @1530fdb2af=Baynoor:

Maybe they are good zombies

Following the history of this server, I see your point.

• Maybe they are good zombies

• (Please read the following in the good spirit I intended. 😄 )

I hate to even ask since I am now trying to avoid PvP at all costs, but if we see "zombies" roaming around looking for flesh, I am going to need an IC reason not to rip them to pieces. I know that any cleric worth his salt is going to want to Turn them, too. Should probably be able to destroy them, in fact, with the turn ability.

And so far, while monks have immunity to disease at L5, so far it has only been good for resisting common colds in Narfell, because any disease they would REALLY want to be immune to they aren't.

I know about PvP server rules, and I am not trying to buck the system, but "zombies"?

• @249463f268=ChaosShade:

oh okay we can have any smacktard who decides to play drow killed by sewer monsters then 😉

I can tell you right now your forum name is going to cause confusion 😉

• oh okay we can have any smacktard who decides to play drow killed by sewer monsters then 😉

• @ba948b9b76=Masume:

This whole concept was brought about by a need to determine how well a PC monster/evil group can be handled in more controlled PvP situations. Prior with Vinessa's group, we were still in our infacy with more constructed evil vs good PC scenario's. With the Underground heading down the pike, it's a good time to get some nice testing in. 😉

Give most of these folks a hand, their working uncharted territory.

Sigh. no comment.

• Nope, just an army of failed prototype Atols and Kute.

• @457c8a9358=Magi13:

Pleae, keep in mind, this is UNDERGROUND, not UNDERDARK.

Two very different concepts and ideas.

Right. Instead of duergar and drow, you should be thinking mutants and sewer rejects. a la X-Men.

• Pleae, keep in mind, this is UNDERGROUND, not UNDERDARK.

Two very different concepts and ideas.

• if they are confined to starting in the underdark I dont see a reason why not they'd be KOS on the surface and non-roleplaying drow can be slaughtered role-playing drow it's not like drow dont kill each other 😉

• I think all pertinent physical characteristics should be in the "biography" (which is really a description box) slot. Of course, I don't see a compelling reason to start allowing Drow at all anytime soon, but that's just me.

• Aaaaah, that makes a lot of sense…yes, GGz all.

Once there is an underdark, or if people create certain antithetical races, perhaps one could use a certain naming convention, ie puts (D) in front of a Drow's name...because the way people pick colors for their avatars now there will be no way to know who is really playing a Drow versus a really dark human or elf, while those actually "on the ground" should be able to look at someone and say "Hey, that's a (fill in the blank)!"

• Just because it said "Fleshling" above it's head, doesn't mean that's what it was.

• Actually, aren't they technically Fleshlings? That is what bit Raila in the first place under the well.

• Just to stick my nose in where it doesn't belog… shouldn't these undead PCs be ghouls instead? Since the description of zombies would not allow for these PCs to be disguising themselves or making plans to attack intelligently?

@af79d9c4e0=3E:

Zombies are corpses reanimated through dark and sinister magic. These mindless automatons shamble about, doing thier creator's bidding without fear or hesitation.

Zombies are not pleasant to look upon. Drawn from thier graves, half decayed and partially consumed by worms, they wear the tattered remains of their burial clothes. A rank odor of death hangs heavy in the air around them.

Because of thier utter lack of intelligence, the instructions given to a newly created zombie must be very simple, such as "Kill anyone who enters this room."

Whereas ghouls on the other hand keep thier language skills and are descibed as being "cunning and feral" and "savour the taste of the flesh of people"… THE 3EMM also doesn't say that they have the stench of the grave specifically, which would make it possible to disguise themselves.... I guess.

So, ghouls are actually much closer to the descriptions used for the undead PCs thus far. Hope that helps.

And I love the idea of more PC monsters. I just hope that it is better thought out before it is put into practice to avoid any difficulties in game.

• @de20e5c1d6:

yeah.. one ore thing.. i have never played an evil character before.. let alone an undead one. so if you think i'm not RPing correctly, i would appriciate your comments to help me out

The same goes for me as well. I'm relatively new to the community compared with other players on ther server, so I'll gladly accept any thoughts or opinions of how I'm doing with Raila. 😉