The undead posse

• @3a2c556029=Magi13:

The slashing doing less damage only applies to skeletons, not zombies. Zombies still have that nice flesh for a blade to bite into.

"nice flesh" - not ALL zombies, but I think we got a good crew including Raila and Luna… 😉

• The slashing doing less damage only applies to skeletons, not zombies. Zombies still have that nice flesh for a blade to bite into.

• yeah.. one ore thing.. i have never played an evil character before.. let alone an undead one. so if you think i'm not RPing correctly, i would appriciate your comments to help me out 😄

evil Luna

sunshine23

• i just got a few questions regarding our characters and what they feel…. can they feel pleasure, pain, sadness, joy, etc?..... second: do we have weaknesses-ie. fire, certain weapons, holy water-?... will slashing weapons hurt us less then blunt weapons?..... i think the healing problem has been mentioned. so anyone that knows who and what we are, please assume that it's negative energy... also, i don't know how long plots go on for in narfell, so can someone please tell me whether it depends on what the DM says, or do the players say, "that's it, that's enough"?
    yeah.. that's all i got...

evil Luna

sunshine23

• It would be easy enough to add a segment to the healing scripts that checked for the target character having an undead token in his inventory (Which is what I assume is going to be done) but to avoid unintentional PKing through the use of a good natured healer why not have it so that the heal spell only does damage if the caster is hostile to the target otherwise nothing happens at all?

Though personally I think it would be great to see such a sinister plan fall apart because some first level cleric was just trying to be nice. :twisted:

• @cbad07168e=Flinkie:

::Heals the undead::

Should the healing be counted as a pk attempt? I'd say, even though it's all rp right now, might as well practice.

Very good question. I personally wouldn't implement this undead venture until some of those common situations are figured out. I'd hate to see this interesting idea have its problems solved in a "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it" fashion. That leaves itself open to many consistency errors because the players and DMs will come with impromptu answers that may be overruled later.

@cbad07168e:

And, if I can't pk him, what should I do? Remember, I'm a fighter with 8 wis.

Well, that's a hole you dug yourself into. I hope you have a good Intelligence or Charisma that may help you come up with a good lie that the other person will believe.

• Council of Moradin

@e9eb16b11c=GridReaper:

Make sure you test this first. I've tried a Cure Serious Wounds spell on a nearly dead Boneling (assuming it is Undead) and then saw its health actually increase. It appears not all undead are hurt by "Cure" spells in Narf.

I know it sounds odd, but bonelings and fleshlings are not undead. I'll not divulge more.

• Just my personal opinion folks,

Do not use these forums unless you get a locked guild thread that only your own can look at. We have a great group of players but Meta-gaming does happen. Sometimes on purpose other times on accident

Use PM's to talk about what you plan to do victims, goals, plans, etc..

Just my personal opinion and one reason why Jelde has not created a forum thread for all her connections to keep in touch it is all done IC, IG.

Orock

• edited

• That's actually a pretty annoying thing about healing; ya can't stop it.

My wounded character, Souji, was in the middle of a ceremony involving a superior officer in the Red Army and a young priest of mielieki (sp?) ignored the fact that Souji was clearly busy, talked at him for a few minutes, then healed the kneeling soldier when he didn't get a response. If I had been able to respond in char I'd have knocked his hand away and suggested that good things sometimes make bad gifts, based on the method of giving.

…something along the lines of my beautiful katana being a rather rude gift shoved through his eye socket.

Anyway, since I couldn't type fast enough to halt his spellcasting I just assumed Souji was caught up in the ceremony and only realised that his arm felt better after Commander Magnus was done.

Now he's under the impression that the Red Army has the backing of some kind of diety, and that soldiers of higher rank are granted powers like clerics.

But that's a stretch that I shouldn't have had to go through. Any kind of spellcasting on another person should require a saving throw. It's not like I know he's casting a healing spell.

You can use the party system as an exception. If I trust a man to magic me up, I'll join his party. That would void the bonus save.

• Then the undead posse needs to stop healing themselves and using healing potions to cure during battles.

• edited

• @caa867d49d=Masume:

This type of undead is not quite your normal, average undead. (cause of infection was due to an ancient curse/poision from animated undead in the ancient ruins beneath norwick)

Basically, they shall appear fairly undead (eyes are whitened, teeth will sharpen to rend flesh, skin will be pale and brittle) however, they will not stink nor be stupid like your average zombie. Although they still want…FLESHHHHHH

Can you guys in the undead posse please set a quickslot or two with a 'undead hint' in case we're in conversation with you for a few minutes?

Also, if you take of your helmets, make sure you mention your character's appearance 'cause some people might not know from the forums who is undead-lookin'.

• @b83d988283=Baynoor:

Whoa, Grim is a zombie werewolf? That is a new one…I wonder what his CR is?

Grim isn't a werewolf.

• I don't remember if someone else mentioned this, so bear with me. Drinking a potion would not help an undead, as it is still positive energy, for those who cannot blast themselves with negative energy, a way to "devour" npc corpses and have a certain amount of HP restored would be interesting to see. Maybe the healing amount could be character level + creature CR / 2?

• edited

• Just because they are some sort of uber zombies doesnt mean they have to be smart Red 😛

• :: chuckles ::

Just saw one of these zombies running their rotting tuckusses away from a pack of bandit dogs, then found the Monk/wererat/zombie's body surrounded by bandit officers.

You guys know those dogs can see invisible characters, right?

• @9809a7ef47=ArUlric:

Damn, just my luck. I think I must miss every plot in this world. Ten months here and not a one!

I wonder where they hide that cookie jar…

The Undead plot has been developping for some time. A couple of my characters participated in quests on the edge (Myth lead a group on a hunt for undead that may have given insight on a cure, for example). One of my characters even encountered four of the evil baddies wandering around, but he didn't know them on sight so he just wandered off to Peltarch (and died enroute).

Just keep your eyes and ears open, and join up with any large groups you see. Despite lagginess, most questing groups will be glad to have a few new members…
    ...since Magi never takes my suggestion to fireball everyone. 😉

• edited