The undead posse

• Ralia, Shamil, Grim, Luna, and Erigdush are part of an event which involved them becoming undead, this is just a thread for us to discuss things like: who we're going to kill, who we're going to zombify, when we get our lair and no longer have to lurk around the camp etc.

• bump 'cause people are gonna get eaten, yo

• takes a stroll down the cementary in the middle of a pitch black night

Come out, come out, where ever you aaare.

• Flinke, Please stop posting on this thread I know you mean to answer the questions many have/give out information people might not have on what you know about the issue. I just want more control over when and how the information is shared as you may be a bit incomplete in your explanations.

We are not out just recuiting massive people who want/feel like joining. We are not out biting. We are not out attacking people. We are not good aligned. We are undead so inherantly our reaction to the living is already at a base negative.
    Pk is not the begin and end all solution to all of lifes problems. Often there should be for the sake of good rp and storytelling if anything else ((I would consider it a matter of "ettiqute" to not kill any charcater of a player who did not wish it to possibly end thus if I defeat them -imagines the fun of grinding his heel into a hapless prone hero's chest while taunting him and going on and on on some philosophical bent- )). A challenge and some conversation and flavor before any outright fighting begins. Why do this if you know we are monsters? Because in your characters reality can he ever really be certain his life is not at risk? Or that what he is fighting for is worth it? "Can it be obtained without losing my life? "

Having it be an understood that along with the desire to permanently kill another is the opening up of that same box potential for your own character. A non-story advancing pk fest is not a desireable thing.

Also actions often have consequences beyond the battlefield.

• Just happened across this and thought of the undead posse 😄

• 1. Depends on how it's asked for. With me, if the group isn't asking for it, then no.

2. PvP lasts until the DM who issued it, revokes it through a shout.

3. At the time it's started, and ye know for a fact yer the target, and it hasn't been revoked, then yes, ye can. It's self-preservation. If however, the permission has been revoked through shout, ye'll need to get permission yerself before attacking.

• edited

• That was true in 2e, but not in 3e.

• As another aside - I remember reading in 2nd edition that undead can never gain experience levels….... they are restricted to the character level they attained in life.

• Good examples for me:

I'm a cleric of Kelemvor and want to destroy this abomination before me.

I'm undead and haven't eaten in 3 days, I'm starving and <insert name="">looks like a good meal.

<insert name="">has been insulting me for 3 months. They have finally thrown down the last straw and my patience has snapped. (This one only works with a known history of insults)

I'm a bounty hunter and bringing <insert name="">in for justice. (And if ye don't bring that person in for justice, expect to get penalized xp)

<insert name="">is destroying the forest. I'm a druid and want to stop them.

These are only examples of what I allow for PvP. Some of these have actually happened.</insert></insert></insert></insert>

• Isn't this getting a tad close to the concept of making a psychopathic character as a reason to PK anyone you want? I thought that kind of character creation was frowned upon… like drow.

Example: I am chatting with Grimolf, since there is little or no chance of me recognizing him for what he is (depending on who you talk to)... we head out of town together and (from my perspective) he slaps me with a stunning fist out of the blue and proceeds to munch on my head and take my character into a direction I may not want to go. I would hope that something like this would require the permission of the one having his/her brain sucked.

Also... if someone is infected.. you're saying they instantly hate the living? I assume there is a significant alteration in alignment with this process, yes? Because is this is the circumstance, and Kharbeh gets infected by this process, and she has an option before her personality is ripped from her... she'd look for the nearest paladin or good cleric and have herself put out of her misery... end of character. Which would suck if I didn't have any choice in the decision.

• edited

• Just ask for permission first. If ye heal one not knowing they are undead, and ye do damage to them with the heal, ask for permission then before pressing the attack.

• Lucky for me Malentine is likly to use heals and turn undead rather than a big stick to beat on the undead so it won't PK them but I bet they would run away howling in pain 😉

but when/if they get tokens to make heals do damage and the like I can't see any IC reason why I shouldnt try to kill them with heals being a dedicated cleric of Kelemvor.

• With PvP permission, ye can attack anyone. Ye just have to have a real good reason for most of us DM's to give ye that permission.

And yes Kerby, even the Undead Gang need permission to recruit. Because before they can bite someone, they have to subdue them. Once subdued though, yer fair game for a quick snack.

Scutum, that works. If yer looking for a way to not attack them, more power to ye.

• @2dbdc2eae1=Flinkie:

As of now I don't know any reason why you wouldn't attack us unless you like undead and wish to help us.

Ah, but there's the rub. We wouldn't attack you, because we are not allowed to attack you.

So as per Magi, what I can do, is sit next to Grimolf (for example) and say, "Geez, Grim… ye should get out and get a bit of sun... yer lookin a bit pale. And take a bath, will you? Yer flesh is starting to rot. And what have you done to your teeth-- ah. Well, I should be getting on with a few errands... bye!"

The reason I say this is because IC, Scutie would see zombies, stomp them all, and let Yondalla sort 'em out. But that just isn't feasible (or desirable) when the zombies in question are PCs. But not wanting to violate the integrity of her character, I just wanted to hear why I wouldn't attack them IC.

• @145dc886be=Magi13:

As for talking to them, ye can try, but they may try to lead ye somewhere to get yer guard down and grab a meal. chuckles

That is "grab a meal" WITH PK permission… right Magi? 😉

• Yes, ye can recognize them as who they are. When they talk, their teeth are now pointy, great for rending flesh. The skin is slightly paler, like they've been out of the sun for a week or two.

As for talking to them, ye can try, but they may try to lead ye somewhere to get yer guard down and grab a meal. chuckles

• edited

• @fff86c6db4=Magi13:

Scutum to help answer yer concern, it's not a natural disease, which a monk would be immune to, but a magical one, which they aren't immune to.

Yes, I understood this when Mas mentioned it was a magical disease.

As far as answering my question…

Am I supposed to have my character act as though seeing any of these "zombie-posse" folks is the same as seeing any "Norwickian Cleric Zombie" or whatever they're called? Or are these magical zombies recognizable? Can Scut say "Eat hin fist, fiend-- wait a minute, that looks like Grimolf... I better not attack him until I find out what's going on!"

I'm just looking for an excuse NOT to attack them. Help me out, here.