Public Notice Placed in the Crafting Hall by the Masters

• DM

@d3ec60abc6=Shadow_Dragon:

Captain Talgrath hears about all of this, and has his secretary pass this statement on to both Officer Strauss and the Dolvaks:

"Both Officer Strauss and certain private citizens of Peltarch will cease this public display immediately. I will not have my men threatened and I will not have my men tossing around insults like this. If this continues, Officer Strauss will be charged under military law and I will have those who have threatened my officer charged as well. Grow up, all of you; this is a matter of law and politics, plead your cases through the law and the senate like adults."

Magistrate Barrim is heard to be pleasantly surprised with this statement of dedication to proper due process and military law and is heard to state. "The senate shall decide this i am sure, should they consult the populace on their decisions then that is their perogative. I can however understand the masters' reasons for posting their concerns as citizens who work with many independants also."

• Dwin smiles and nods to kara

Aye, lass… ya pushed me hand! This was an idea that we been kickin' around. Now that we see makes a wave of the hand toward Oreth and his knitting Circle that there is such DEMAND for this great hall, fer folks that aren't even tax-paying residents of his great city… I am considering some other options.

The honorable Magistrate and I shall sit down later today and discuss some oher options and changes to the proposal. Perhaps we will even ask Oreth to accompany as well... we dont want to make these decisions in a vaccuum, after-all.

Seeing the overflow of similar-looking ballots sticking out of the box, Dwin mutters to Barrim and shrugs

I told ya that wasnt gonna be a proper way to do this…folks just cant be honest enough...a few bad ingots are enough to ruin a whole blade.

• Kara approaches and drops a yes into the box, below that there are also suggestions

Instead of pointless bickering, I would offer an alternative to keeping out independants. Peltarch citizens would be free to come and go but I would suggest charging non-peltarch citzens a small fee to use the premesis, so they are contributing to the city either way you look at it.

This fee would either be collected by the union or Peltarch officials, then the union would be obliged to hand over what they recieved. Either way, I see no reason to end independant trading because there are a large number of us who have good reasons for not joining the union.

• drops in a yes with a simple note scribbled below it

Never made sense to me to allow non-citizens to craft here, but not be able to sell to merchants in your city. Union can help enforce that. There should be benefits to claiming Peltarch as your home.

• Holding young noble guy on her left arm, Clandra walks past the crafting place. She scoffs at the notice, snuggles closer to the young lad with her silken clothes brushing against him.

"I declare that I am against this."

• Rando looks back at Oreth with a half smile and a chuckle

• Several hundred pieces of scrap paper, vellum and parchment are dropped into the box each with a variation on the theme of "Fark of you Union tossers" or simply "No!"

• The Halfling Defence League

@ec423f9441=Oreth:

And stop thinking so loud, damnit. I can practically hear you silently thinking to yourself that Strauss is talking rubbish, that he's crossed a line by insulting your personal friend, and that if he keeps it up he'll be dealing with you personally or something overdramatic like that. Quit it.

:lol:

• Oreth looks up from some stitchwork, sighing at all the arguing

The crafting masters have never complained, to my knowledge, of misuse of their facilities, nor have they ever requested money to upkeep the area. I assumed that all the materials they sell paid for the overhead. I know that I myself have paid tens of thousands of gold in tanning kits and studs from the Master Tanner and the Blacksmith….

He nods jovially to each

But if any of them had said anything about needing more money to keep this place going, my purse would have been open so fast hins would be sent flying from the wind it caused. If a single one of them had ever complained about a mess, I would have grabbed a broom myself.

Any claim you have that the independent crafters have somehow been abusing this place are blatantly false, and you all know it. I like to think that Dwin, at the very least, is better than that. I don't know shite-all about the rest of you.

If you want to buy this place out, and force every other crafter in narfell to either join your group or, if they can't or won't, then resign their craft, then just shut up and hand the masters the money. But don't act like it's some moral duty of yours. It's business for you. Ruthless and calculated, and trying to make it sound benevolent just cheapens you even further.

Now all of you shut up so I can concentrate on my damn sewing, or I swear to the gods I'm stitching all of your farking lips together in your sleep.

Push it, and I'll make it your arseholes, too.

He points at Rando

And stop thinking so loud, damnit. I can practically hear you silently thinking to yourself that Strauss is talking rubbish, that he's crossed a line by insulting your personal friend, and that if he keeps it up he'll be dealing with you personally or something overdramatic like that. Quit it. Last thing I need is your thoughts in my brain. They're slimy.

The druid grumbles and goes back to sewing

• @f28f499ae8:

c. Citizens may be asked to provide documentation to prove their Peltarch citizenship upon entering .

This means that all non-citizens are hereby banned from the crafting hall.
    This would kill all indepent crafting in the whole Narfell region. Is this what the great Jewel of the Icelake wants?

• Captain Talgrath hears about all of this, and has his secretary pass this statement on to both Officer Strauss and the Dolvaks:

"Both Officer Strauss and certain private citizens of Peltarch will cease this public display immediately. I will not have my men threatened and I will not have my men tossing around insults like this. If this continues, Officer Strauss will be charged under military law and I will have those who have threatened my officer charged as well. Grow up, all of you; this is a matter of law and politics, plead your cases through the law and the senate like adults."

• Zyphlin happens to see the box, and slips a "No" into it

Just what we need, the Crafter Mob taking over peltarch property. It'll be open just long enough to make people think they got it fair, and then the "persuation" techniques will start up.

• Dwin scratches his chin

If they are independent crafters… and not even residents here... what do we care, then? And why do they have a voice in Peltarch politics anyway?

Dwin nods to Moe and tosses him an ale

Some folks just like to hear 'emselves talk, I guess.

• moe hops out of well used wheel barrow, leaving his ale cache in it for Dwin to utilize at hsi discretion

"hmmm, think they are daft? We are offering to rebuild, restock, replace, everything in these halls, out of our pockets so that they can have better facilities and they be complaining like little girls. But notice it is only the independent crafters who are not citizens of Peltarch who complain. Yet I bet they only come up here to use these halls and nothing else, if these halls were not here in Peltarch they would never come to the Jewel ever. Sounds a bit like abusing Peltarchs hospitality to me." shrugs "Even then, I'd still say if they become citizens I would be the first to welcome them to the new and improved Peltarch crafting halls."

• ((rando has the patent on all such looks, I think 🙂 ))

• (just for a point it was a Rando 'look' and in no way a verbal insult 🙂 )

• //hehe edited for tiredness//.

• Rando now realising that the follower of Gond has now over stepped the mark by insulting a personal friend of Rando looks to Dentin in a certain way that could be seen as.. carry on in your insults and you will be dealing with me… personally

• ::mutters:: Like Mog was saying….

• DM

The Masters of the Hall post a copy written from the original by the help of a scribe.

@0e519f0994=Dwin:

The contract for sale will include the following proposed articles:

I. Perpetuity of Vanity Plates Business
    Upon receiving ownership of the Hall, the Union will retain and be responsible for all existing employees of both the Hall and the "Vanity Plates" service. All such employees will now be considered employees of the Union.

The "Vanity Plates" business shall remain on the property, and will be accessible to any and all customers. No changes, other than standard day-to-day changes, are planned for 'Vanity Plates.' it will be up to the Union's discretion to review and continue the employment of all those mentioned.

Necessary changes will be made to allow all customers access to Vanity Plates, regardless of citizenship.

II. Access
    a.The Property, like all privately owned property in Peltarch, will be considered "private", but will be open at all times to all Peltarch citizens and Union Members.

b. The existing equipment, and general access, shall be preserved for all Peltarch citizens, indefinitely. The Union will review this provision, if necessary, on an annual basis with representatives of the Peltarch Senate and the Peltarch Magistrates' office.
    Any changes to this provision will require the Union to give at least (1) month's public notice.

c. Citizens may be asked to provide documentation to prove their Peltarch citizenship upon entering .

d. Union members shall likewise be given access to any other crafting halls in the city, should they be built in the future. The Union shall be given first opportunity and a favored statues to purchase/build future halls.

III. Rights to Improve
    The Union shall hold all rights to add additional equipment, rooms, floors and access to the existing hall. Any new equipment added shall be considered "new" and not necessarily covered under section II above (Access).