The Away Thread

• The Halfling Defence League

Aaaaaaaaaand the aforementioned week is upon us. Don't expect to see me much until this coming weekend.

• Moving house over the weekend, so will not be around for a little while as I get set back up in the new place!

Just putting in a preemptive thing here since I won't be around much the last week of April, due to the NFL draft happening and the fact that I have to work the NFL draft.

• Legion

So, I've been working a ton of overtime hours for the last… Gosh, I have no idea, the concept of time while I'm not at work is weirdly foreign to me these days. Anywho, my hours should let up a little at the end of this week and I'll be around more!

Rest assured though, I've been writing down all the fun (terrifying) little ideas I have for you all now that I'm a DM in training~ Hope to see you soon!

• As some of you know, I am a part-time professional musician (classical) currently involved with four separate singing groups. It's now concert season. I have four concerts and a three-day recording session scheduled during the next six weeks. Some of the directors are getting anxious and have started scheduling extra rehearsals on weekends. I have two today.

While I still intend to show up in Narfell as often as possible, my appearances in Narfell will be spotty at best, especially on weekends. If I can make an event, I will. But don't count on me.

AubreyMaturin

Characters: Romulus Grey, bard the bowman
    Trotter, spooky halfling ranger
    Shesarai Foutopolis, red-haired cleric of Mystra

• Hey KC, you might think about a fiber optic run instead for that distance, it would be slightly faster, if more expensive. Just a thought. πŸ™‚

• I do still exist and I am still alive - and trying (so hard) to be active. I'll offer you an update!

We had internet installed several months ago - before Christmas rolled around even; fastest internet in the West, YEEHAW! Unfortunately in her wisdom; my lovely wife decided to have it installed in the garage. And while I do own a set of home-plugs the garage is on a separate circuit. It's a very large garage with a mother-in-law suite to give you an idea. The router is behind a half dozen concrete walls and a wide open outdoor space between buildings.

I have a 150ft ethernet cable (cat6) which I intend to run from the router to my home-plugs in the home building, but I haven't really had the time to get around to it yet. My daughter is about five months old now, I've been work-work-working my butt off and I've had visits from friends and family from back home in Scotland. Not to mention the mile long honey-do list that my wife keeps reminding me of since my arrival in the US. But we're coming along nicely, floors have been laid. Kids bedroom has been put together, fresh coat of paint over every conceivable surface etc.

Hopefully I'll be able to relax in the near future when things calm down for me here and I'll be able to log in for more than ten minutes.

Rest assured! I have not forgotten you fine folk; I have big plans for ruining your characters' lives in comic horror fashion! Stay tuned and stay alive. Ad Victoriam and may the odds be ever in your favour.

King of all Creepees

• There's still snow on the ground from Monday night's storm. No matter. My wife and I are headed for the Bahama's on a cruise Sunday. We will return on March 26. Don't let the demons or the vampires takeover while I'm gone.

AubreyMaturin

Trotter, spooky halfling ranger

• @bae2a9bc6b=ClownBaby:

I'm having a son!!! I think I want to name him Brohn, like Bronn from GoT. What do you think? He will be here this summer and I plan to be moved into a new house by fall. That means I'll have decent Internet connection and will be back Narfing by the end of 2017. Catch you dudes on the flippity flop!

Congratulations.

πŸ™‚

• @9643b80c9d=ClownBaby:

I'm having a son!!! I think I want to name him Brohn, like Bronn from GoT. What do you think? He will be here this summer and I plan to be moved into a new house by fall. That means I'll have decent Internet connection and will be back Narfing by the end of 2017. Catch you dudes on the flippity flop!

I thought we agreed the next one would be named Beorn?!?!?

I'm not happy about this, CBers.

• @28d1eb62af=ClownBaby:

That's awesome!! Woot!!! :w00t:

Oh, and it's pretty cool that you're having a son, too. πŸ˜‰

Seriously, though, congratulations on your son on the way and the new home. Looking forward to catching you IG in a few months.

Z

• Awesome! Congrats bud! :w00t:

• Woohoo, congrats! :w00t:

As for names, it's always fun to plot and plan and think those over, but you never really know which one will fit best until that wee lil' new human shows their face.

Congrats dude!

• I'm having a son!!! I think I want to name him Brohn, like Bronn from GoT. What do you think? He will be here this summer and I plan to be moved into a new house by fall. That means I'll have decent Internet connection and will be back Narfing by the end of 2017. Catch you dudes on the flippity flop!

• Retroactive apologies for my absence of late, work has been killing me! I'm moving house at the end of the month, and hopefully once that is sorted out I'll be somewhat more regular πŸ™‚

• Hito has inspired me to explain my absence. Very simply, school is back in session as of a month ago, which means I'm spending just about every waking moment at the forge when I'm not at work (or with my better half).

Semester runs through mid-May, so my gaming time won't open up again until after then. In the meantime, I'll continue to poke my head in on weekends when I can to catch some of that plotty goodness. πŸ™‚

• @3b0840b295=Fadia:

This is less me saying I won't be around, and more an explanation of why I haven't been around.

Basically been hit with a nasty virus over the last couple days, while at the same time being in the process of switching to a new job. This has left me pretty exhausted most days and nowhere near being in a position to think through things like you need to when playing on Narfell.

This won't last for too much longer though, and my new job will be letting me out about an hour and a half earlier than my current one, and is only three minutes from my house. So once things settle down I'll actually be around a lot more than I was before!

Get well soon, and congrats on your new job (short commutes are awesome)! :w00t:

Z

This is less me saying I won't be around, and more an explanation of why I haven't been around.

Basically been hit with a nasty virus over the last couple days, while at the same time being in the process of switching to a new job. This has left me pretty exhausted most days and nowhere near being in a position to think through things like you need to when playing on Narfell.

This won't last for too much longer though, and my new job will be letting me out about an hour and a half earlier than my current one, and is only three minutes from my house. So once things settle down I'll actually be around a lot more than I was before!

• It's that time of year when I drive over the mountains to Ohio to do my mother's taxes. I will have forum access, but no in-game opportunities. I plan to drive back to Virginia on Friday, weather permitting.

AubreyMaturin

Trotter, spooky halfing ranger