The Away Thread

• I said I'd monitor forums - but unfortunately the old GPU fan stopped entirely, meaning I won't risk turning the computer on after this post until I get the new fan. Estimated time of arrival is 3rd of January.

• Merry Christmas folks! Johant and I are off to my family for the next couple of days, may the Sloth be with you all!

• As a heads up to the players involved in my elections / plot.. I won't be able to make it IG this month, my GPU fan failed and the replacement will take a while to arrive. I'll try to do some things over the forums though, we'll see. Sorry guys.

• My son bought me a new computer for Christmas. He came over to install it last night, only to discover that the video card had not been shipped with the rest of the machine. So he's re-enabled my old machine while he waits for the card. During the transition to the new machine (total wipe and reinstallation of everything), I'm unlikely to be able to play much Narfell. I have two concerts this weekend anyway.

So I hope to see you all back in business in a week or so. I hope my NWN Diamond disk and key are still valid.

AubreyMaturin

Characters: Romulus Grey, Bard the bowman
    Trotter, Spooky halfling ranger
    Shesarai Foutopolis, Red-haired cleric of Mystra

• More like the 4 month period of new game releases. Just when a guy gets bored of Fallout they release Just Cause 3. And Steam sales don't help. Sniper Elite 3 for £8? Oh I think so. I think so indeed.

• Legion

@f2901a2777=StCroix:

So this is the four month dead period correct?

Or you could say that it's the prelude to the alive period.

• So this is the four month dead period correct?

• Thanksgiving is family reunion time for me. I will be heading to Ohio on Wednesday and return sometime Saturday. I might have forum access if my mother's computer is still working, but don't expect me in game before Sunday.

AubreyMaturin

Characters: Romulus Grey, Bard the bowman
    Trotter, Spooky halfling ranger
    Shesarai Foutopolis, Red-haired cleric of Mystra

• I'm going to be scarce during the comings weeks. I'm currently working full-time, enrolled in school part-time, and, as of Sunday, picked up my first ever commissioned project as a blacksmith (super excited!). Any free time I have during the week is now devoted to said project, but I'll be around over the weekends.

• Legion

@42e076ccfd=Kayleb:

I'll be busy getting ready to go to 'Murica over the next few days, and will be away from computers while over there. So I won't be getting in game for the next couple of weeks.

I'll do my best to keep forum activity up though.

Back.

• The busiest time of year at work is upon me, leaving me quite out of creative juice in the evenings. I'll pop IG on Sunday for sure, but other than that, expect at best the sporadic little Karnivorr-encounter this week.

• Legion

I'll be busy getting ready to go to 'Murica over the next few days, and will be away from computers while over there. So I won't be getting in game for the next couple of weeks.

I'll do my best to keep forum activity up though.

• I'll be around every now and then as a player for the next couple of months. However, I'd ask the players to please not send me anything DM-related. I won't be DMing for a while, thus I won't be handling any other issues that require DM-access.

• In addition to concert season (ie, all this weekend), my spouse and I are providing day care for our 15-month old grandson four days this week and four days next, or until my son and daughter-in-law get off the waiting list for a child care provider near their place of employment. We have the little tyke from 8 AM until 6:45 PM (EDT) so adventuring is a bit out of the question for now. Maybe Friday.

AubreyMaturin

• One of my coworkers quit abruptly and as I provide coverage, my work day has extended from 10 hours to about 13-16 hours. I'm relegating myself to "lurker" status until they hire someone new (meaning I don't have to cover any more).

• Due to stress in real life that has affected my performance and behavior IC to the point where its affecting myself and the community I care about negatively, I'm going to have to take an undetermined amount of time away from playing.

I'll be on the forums now and then, so please feel free to send me a PM.

• Concert season has started early this year, and I now am involved with four separate singing groups. That means I'm tied up in rehearsals every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evening (Eastern USA timezone), as well as many Sundays. I still will be able to Narf during afternoons when most of the Eurozone players are on, but some of my groups started holding extra Saturday rehearsals for concerts coming up.

I'll make it in game as often as I can (because I love adventuring with all you folk). This is just a warning that my participation in ongoing plots will be spotty for the next month or so, especially on weekends.

AubreyMaturin

Characters: Romulus Grey, bard the bowman
    Trotter, spooky halfling ranger
    Shesarai Foutopolis, red-haired cleric of Mystra