Told from the Rant Stand

• Meye Spark is watching in audience, giving a faint grin to Wog's words. Then she starts softly preaching for commoners that have gathered to listen.

Is it not truly foolish to pray the Great Mother to grow the crops through the surface of ice? What kind of crop could do that, crop made of steel?

It is hard to eat steel I woulde assumeth!

Why they did not ask Aurilians to pray Frostmaiden to turn their gaze from the town at the beginning. I shall sayeth thee, it is so that only way to free them from starvation and certain death is to turn to Frostmaiden. They have no temple there was told, why not build one for the Icedawn?

Let us not be fool, my friends in this city. They have made their mistake down south and seems they need to suffer for it, even though they still have slim chance to be savede through regret and begging of mercy. Let us not be fool and think we can evade gaze of Frostmaiden by standing still and going our old ways. Go friends, go beg mercy of Frostmaiden so that She shall keep Her gazes out of this city, out of thy loved ones, out of thee!

• A Half Orc/Elf known to many as Wog takes to the rant stand in very elegent cloths baring the symbols of Kelemvor, He opens his arms as he speaks in a loud and clear voice

_"I am here today to address the adventurers and, in paticuler preists and paladins of the fine city of Peltarch.

As i am sure many of you are aware of the problems to the south. A cold is festering around the Rawlins and the realm of Norwick.

I know that relations between Peltarch and Norwick are at the best, often not great. However i am not here to discuss politics or the wills of the senate and the chancellor of Norwick. I come to you in light of the people of Norwick and the forest.

There is suffering beginning to happen, soon to tun into terrible pain and anguish.

Lands are freezing up preventing high yeilds to the crops, despite Chantaus preistess's attempts. People are finding it hard to work in the icy conditions. The forces of evil on the forest are being given the oppertunity to grow strong. And the citizens down there are living in ever increseing harsh conditions.

Norwick has no temple, no preists, and ever growing fewer adventurers. This is crippling the abilty of the towns inhabitants to combat this growing chill.

I am asking you today to help the town, not the leaders, not the milita, but the common people.

Send yourselves down when you have the chance, the more help, the easier it will be. Do your part. Even it is as simple as providing food or furs to feed and clothe the inhabitants.

People are suffering and they do not deserve to be left hanging.."_

Wog steps down quietly and takes any heckles thrown at him with a wave of his hand

• _A recent noteworthy event at the rant stand was that of an unknown man, proclaiming all gods bullies, and religion itself a tyranny. Despite such obvious blasphemy, the man was not struck down by godly wrath, nor pelted with rotten tomatoes by the crowd - though some amongst them proclaimed a very different view; a pair of female gnomes being amongst the loudest protestors.

The man concluded his speech by claiming to know a way to circumvent the gods, even in the afterlife, to attain true freedom. Those who wish to know more should contact him at the Dancing Mermaid Inn._

• Calen, passing by fromt he market also applauds nodding to Kosef afore going on his way toward the west gate

• Kosef applauds loudly at this proclamation.

"Hurrah! Truly an inspiring bardic speech!"

• Elidur Ginen, a familiar face at the rant stand is once again behind the podium. After a short while he says his piece.

"My dear Peltarch, citizens all, from the peasent most grubby to the most high-born noble I feel I must remind you that I am in fact 'not' a bard! I, am an artist."

And just like that he's off again. Just another of Elidur's pointless frivolities, and an absolute waste of everyone's time.

• The Herald takes the stand to make a sombre announcement following recent events in the Nars Pass.

"The Senate of Peltarch wishes to convey its sense of alarm at the unfortunate turn of events in the Nars Pass, and more urgently, wishes to advise Peltarch's citizens that they have decided the Nars Pass is to be considered unsafe for travel. The Senate urges travellers bound for Norwick or other southerly destinations to avail of the Riverboats, and further suggests that anybody who feels they must for some reason travel in the Nars Pass to do so with extreme caution, particularily in the area near the Gypsy Camp. Be safe, citizens."

• ICC

nure walks up the the podium and gives a speech hoping that if it is not heard directly then word of moth will pass it along

A notice to those who are part of Edward's few
    Edward has requested that all members of his few remain neutral in the possible war between the Gypsy Camp and the Legion. Your co-operation is appreciated!

• A familir noise, the sharp, unmistakable laughter of Elidur Ginen in the crowd - his finger pointing at he 'foreigner' as he turned to another crowd-ey.

"His hatchet didn't cut it! Priceless! I didn't know bumpkins knew any jokes!"

After taking his breath, Elidur had taken on an altogether skeptical look, particularly at the wagons full of wood. He nudged the same 'commoner'.

"I wonder what all this is about hm? Those southern yokels must have offended Peltarch somehow - and think they can buy us off with a few strips of wood? Who sends wood anyway - as an apology I mean? Should I buy B' a basket of woodchips next time I do something wild? Of course not! Still - it's not like there's much else in Norwick I mean…."

Apparently having taken to his own rant among the crowd, to the ear of some unfortunate fellow, perhaps all the more unfortunate is that it just goes on - and on - and on - and on - and on…

• A nervous southern lumberjack hailing from Norwick walks to the rant stand, leaving two large carts full of finely cut oak planks waiting. He clears throat, and read from a scroll:

_"Please accept this donation as a sign of my good faith to the people of Peltarch, and their well-being. This donation of fine oak planks is being provided from my personal coffers, and I would like it to go to aid in the repair of people's homes, guild houses, and stores that might have suffered damage as a cause of the war in Peltarch"

Regards,
    Devlin Desario
    Commander of the Norwick Militia_

He then looks at the crowd nervously.

Eh ehm. Heard of the lumberjack with a pegleg? His hatchet just didn't cut it. …oh dear, that's not good either.

The man hurries off the rants stand.

• Caric stops listens and then chuckles hey Benji stop following my mistakes. Bad mouthing Devlin i did a few years back now get over what ever he did to you and move on.

• Celestria stands silently, looking a bit baffled. Eventually she shrugs and heads off to the Temple for prayers

• ICC

A half orc in the crowd laughs.

• Legion

Benji spends time gathering up what people will listen what he has to say. He tells them he has an important speech for them all. After ten minutes or so of asking people to hear what he has to say he takes the stand.

I just wanted to let you all know that Colonel Devlin of the Norwick Militia is a jack ass.

That is all.

Thank you.

Benji adjusts his glasses then steps off the stand.

• _* Calen looks at Adrian and Mariston from the crowd and then his eyes turn to the man trying to get through the crowd and stands thinking for a few moments as the crowd seems to be doing then makes his way to the stand *

Good People of Peltarch…. I stand before you now, not as a bard, not as a Senator, but as the same man that I came before you as in the past. One that, like you, has a family that I worry o'er.

*pauses a moment and clears his voice *

I have listened to this man and to the Senators and to both I see they are correct. For I am no bard and can not speak as one.

*smiles to Adrian and nods a bow of respect, then looks to Mariston and does the same, then points out to the crowd gathered *

You do deserve the truth. You are this cities lifeblood. You are the Jewel's heart. We are facing a very dangerous and at times lethal foe in facing this plague. We, are gathering as many forces in healing and blessings as possible to combat this foe. We are also asking for your help.

*takes a deep breath releasing slowly, removing his cloak and laying it over the podium *

I came to you during my campaign and told you that we all needed to stand together as one and work together for the rebuilding and betterment of the city and I promised I would fight for you no matter what and e'en if it meant my own life and I shall continue to do so, howe'er we need your help.

*hand gentle yet firm to the podium, eyes traveling across the faces in the crowd slowly, attempting to ensure all feel as if he is speaking to them *

Can we save e'eryone? No. Will we do e'erything within our power to do so? Yes. I know we are frightened, for our loved ones as well as ourselves, though we need to stand together now to get through this dark time. We must stand together, help one another, fight off the fear and help our neigbors, for they may be the ones that save my child, my family, or yours, or yours and yours.

*pointing as he says "yours" *

Yes I said fight the fear. Yes I said stick togehter. Yes I said help one another. Yes, I am saying do not panic. No sugar coating about it. We are in danger,though Together we shall make it through to the light at the end of the tunnel and there celebrate another grand victory for the Jewel, for our City, Peltarch.

*With that said Calen takes his cloak from the podium and humbly steps down and through the crowd toward the city hall, asking of the gaurd and defenders the status of the city, along the way *_

• :: shouts back as he tries to get thru the unruly mob::

I merely wanted you to speak the plain truth and not like a bard. The people deserve it. They deserve honesty They are strong, you give them disservice by honey coating it.

• "Well, you say that the people are strong. That the people will survive and prosper as long as we work together. I wonder, just where do you disagree with us then? Isn't that exactly what I said before?"

• (( nope not evil))

:: the man shakes his head and backs down from Mariston's aura::

Have it as you will people of Peltarch. But take note how not one person could say what I said wrong.

Makes you wonder yes?

• ::Mariston merely looks over radiant, the aura around him bolstering those that are near him. //Aura of courage and a Charisma boosted to 26//::

I spoke no falsehood.
    Now go take thine mewling elsewhere, there are tasks at hand, I shall return to mine duties aiding the city and its peoples.

::Mariston looks man in the eyes, unyielding and unflinching in his gaze //DE//::
    The city faces a threat, those that seek to sew discord work against the city and its people, they seek disruption and chaos. They seek to cause unrest and in doing so spread panic and pain. Do not listen to the words bandied by such people, for at times like these we must stand together as one

• :: the man chuckles::

You now make up accusations.

Did I not say the people were strong? Did I not say they would survive? What words did I speak that were untrue about the people? What words did I say to bring down their spirit? Where did I question their faith?

Maybe your helmet is on too tight if you can't even understand common. Tell me where I spook ill of the folk?

:: looks to the crowd::

Can any of you name one thing I said ill of you?

One thing…please one?

Anyone?

:: shakes head::

Clean your ears man.

No, you are the one trying to cause strife where there is none.

I merely said the people need honesty, not honey coated lies. Now, tell me, is that illegal now? Denying the people the truth is now wrong? Apparently honesty is in such lack of abundance that it is considered offensive now and only for the special people.

You speak of your deeds, I am sure they are great. But does that make you a better person? Does that make you wiser? You wear your wounds like a badge of some sort, like it gives you a greater insight.

::chuckles::

The city is better for your sacrifices don't get me wrong. But to imply that gives you some sort of divine insight is the height of hubris. A common soldier can fight all his life in wars, kill thousands by his blade alone. But that doesn't mean he is going to have some divine insight on how to make a souffle?

:: looks to the Mariston::

I could use a really good recipe for one by the way

:: chuckles::

Funny city you have here, where when someone asks for honesty they are rebuked and falsehoods made up about what they said.

And the name is...

::frowns for a second and pats his clothes as if looking for something::

Ah yes, the name is Hellfray. I am sure you have heard of me.