Told from the Rant Stand

• A Halflings eyes glow a bright green at the mention of Arlinns capture, the common folk leave a healthy space between this angry looking hin and themselves.

• Tis simple one unchains the slaves and sets free any sentient creature whom hath not committed a foul deed. The change is rather fast, tis the slavers and those whom benefit from the backbreaking labour of the slaves who find that a hard task. For who then shall do the work they deem beneath them.
    There is such a thing as divine justice, a Dragons ire at the unwholesome sale of flesh and belittling of the souls of folk seems apt justice. A fate brought on by their low actions, reparation and actual change are required, more words fool no-one.

• A large half orc heccles…

"Dont speak like you have any sort of righousness!... You allow Necromancy, slavery, harm to your captives, torture and cruelty! We can all hope Oscara collapses in on itself!"

• _Bringing a dragon's gaze upon one's city with the intention of recovering something, "messily" as I believe the dragon had put it, isn't a question of good and evil, but a question of law. Our laws state that bringing innocent citizens of oscura into harms way is a crime. Angering a dragon to possibly attack our city definitely falls under this law. If such was the law in peltarch, you would not hesitate to arrest the individual post haste.

Obviously you apply to ideals and do not realize that change cannot happen instantly. Lets be realistic here and help us work towards bettering our city instead of nae-saying and pithy slander._

• _Elidur's own woops and cheers, and loudest applause call out after each new light is shed upon Oscrua's nasty deeds.

"We don't need another Church of Bane! Boooo!"

Is shouted most loudly after the Herald speaks about 'good deeds' for the slaves. His loud ovation is probably a secondary aspect to his initial rant at the stand. And Elf on a passionate mission._

• Adelie comment to Senria, and the gathered people:

Perhaps we could believe the change of Oscura, as you say, how it turns for the better - yet, just couple days ago, a good woman was jailed for letting the purest of dragons know that one of it's goodly kind, a baby nonetheless was shackled in a shop in Oscura. I ask you, what kind of justice is this? If this is the kind of help you plan to give for the slaves as well, I do not think it a good idea for us to spend gold in "aiding the slaves" through an auction.

And do not tell me no-one was aware of the danger a shackled good baby dragon, and the celestial friend of his - oh, and the nice pixie for that matter - posed to the city just by being there. No, they were well aware. According to the representative of Red Falcon's, it is not the fault of the merchant to keep such creatures in the city, its their 'own business'. That is -horrible-.

If Oscura truely wishes to gain the trust of every other city in the region, stop acting, and supporting, evil.

Adelie keeps a passive face as she speaks, though her eyes seem to be burning with anger, her whole body tense.

• @9cfaa4b069:

when slaves are being murdered in the streets, with little to no investigation?

The peacekeeper captain herself emerges from the shadows of the crowd.
    _Such statements are absolute slander, and I can assure you that the proceeds -will- be going to the poor and slaves of Oscura. I ask you citizens to have patience. Oscura has a bad name for itself, but of course I need not tell you this. What I must tell you though is that change is happening. Change requires time. How many years was it before the corruption in Peltarch's governing was weened out? Peltarch stands the better for this change, and so I ask you to help us with this change. Every city has its own share of exports that fund the city and help it to work. Quitting any trade completely cold without making the provisions over time to ease from it would destroy the economy of any city, any city official with economical sense can tell you as much.

And so I urge you to join us in this celebration. The items being posted at this auction are from citizens across the lands of narfell. I can tell you too that Oscura will not be receiving any coin from this, as 95% of the auctioned items go to the person who has offered the item. You sir, or you, good people all, could be making this money, while supporting our cause, our change. We've already amended our laws to make freedom a possibility. Change is happening. It will be furthered by your attendance at this event. Thank you._
    disappears again

• ICC

_Herald has a hint of amusement on his normally stoic face as he shrugs and steps forwards, not bothering to walk in front of the crowd again.

"Good Sir, it is positive attitudes like such that help out the less fortunate, yes? Not to undermine your words, good sir, but I think that Oscura will hold true to her word and give some of the proceeds to the less fortunate. I think this because, despite what most think, Oscura holds true to her word. But, I think we diverge from the topic that was originally discussed. I can assure you that, as promised, some of the proceeds of the masquerade will go to the impovershed and slaves. If you refuse to go because you think there is no hope left for the city, or you do not trust us to uphold our word, I urge you to have a little faith. Look before you judge, and, again, have faith. We will do as we say."

He backs up again and waits for the next retort._

• ::Mariston stands forth and speaks, resplendent in his armour. His good natured smile replaced with a deep frown of concern. He looks to the crowd a powerful presence and aura of calm seem to surround him.::

The fault lies with the slavers and those complicit in their trade. If Oscura truly cared for the slaves, they would free them without question. As is, any profits from this auction shall line the coffers of many a slaver, thus allowing them to continue their trade in sentient’s suffering. To come to a city that allows Necromancy and slavery and have a good time, while such suffering and degradation is allowed to go unchallenged…that I would say ranks as low moral standards and cowardice of the worst order. Oscura hath had plenty of chances to change it’s ways, it refuses to do so.

• ICC

_…yet again he takes a stand before the common people. Before he speaks this time, he scuffs the dirt with a boot and looks up at the people, his utterly average brown eyes meeting the gazes of those who watch him as he does the political panorama. He speaks loudly and clearly, his deep voice quite resonant.

"My Peltarch Friends, I am not trying to guilt you into doing anything. I am merely saying that if you wish to help the slaves of Oscura, instead of standing here in your slave free city listening to people tell you why not to go to Oscura, attend an event that has some of the proceeds going towards the betterment of slaves and impovershed citizens. If you do not wish to donate to Oscura, I can not and will not force you to. However, when people senselessly put down our city and we have already started to take action against that which is disapproved of, it is redundant."

"I did not say the fault for the slaves lies with anyone, nor will I. It is not my place to point fingers when I am merely trying to ask people to reconsider attendance to our Masquerade. Even if you do not wish to bid on the auction, please come to enjoy a night of food and drink furnished by Oscura. Your attendance would be highly valued."_

He merely nods at the end of this speech and glances around at the people, making eye contact one more time before walking off to another out of the way place he can watch the scaffold from the sidelines.

• Slaves do not have a place to store donations? Not an entirely good excuse, my Oscuran friend.

I am sure there are plenty of places willing to store these donations, and then hand them out to the slaves on a regular basis. You speak of good intentions, yet I've seen nothing good come from the city. If you really wish to prove your good intent toward slaves, allow every single one of them their freedom.

• _Celebring chuckles a little, commenting to himself and those nearby.

"So now it is our own fault the slaves suffer if we do not attend the auction and ball? Sounds like you're trying to play upon our sense of guilt. We are not the ones forcing people into servitude."_

• ICC

_..and again, the Herald walks to the base of the scaffold.

"While Mister Ronan's sentiments are understood, unfortunately the slaves have no direct banking system where they store donations because there is no slave union. If you truly wish to help the slaves and poor of Oscura, you will attend the auction and bid on the objects being auctioned. Why not donate to the less fortunate while acquiring a fancy new adventuring piece as well and enjoy a social function at the same time?"

…and again he disappears into the crowd, reemerging in the back._

• Ronan returns to speak again..

Perhaps the Herald there is right. Perhaps five percent will go to the slaves. Though can we trust them that it will, when we know they keep such wonderous creatures locked in cages, when slaves are being murdered in the streets, with little to no investigation?

We can still help the slaves without attending this auction, my friends. We can donate anything we have spare, directly to the slaves. And if we did that enough, perhaps most of them could purchase their freedom in time. I am guessing that those whom have put up items for the auction, are the more richer folks in Oscura, whom will gain more than the slaves ever would from it… 95% of the earnings would go to these more successful groups or individuals.

I say we donate directly to the slaves, instead of filling the coffers of those putting up Oscuran items for sale. We can still do good, without participating in Oscura's events.

• ICC

_The man known as Herald stands in front of the stand after Ronan exits. He does not mount the scaffold though, but rather orates from the people's own level; his way of showing he is not arrogant enough to think himself 'above' the common people.

"My Peltarch Allies, Oscura's past has been a myriad of different happenings, all of which lead to the way it is now. The auction is being held by those of Oscura who uphold the law and wish to see Oscura a haven, safe from crime. The 5% of gold taken off the prices will go to the betterment of slaves and the poor. If you do wish to 'make a stand against those vile acts' would it not be better to go and bid on the items so the impovershed of Oscura can buy their way out of the gutter and start anew?"

"Those of you who wish Oscura were a better place, will you not take the innitiative to help make it so? A Masquerade Ball is an anonymous happening… nobody need know you invested your support in our poor if you do not wish it so. I urge you, Peltarch Allies, please come to the ball, if not to enjoy yourself, at least to offer those poor souls a second chance."

He inclines his head to the people around him and moves to stand in the back of the crowd.. quiet and anonymous as ever yet again._

• ::Mariston can be seen applauding Ronan from the crowd::

• Senator Ronan Redralen soon takes the stand after Elidur, clearing his throat a bit..

Well my fellow citizens, I believe our more artistic friend is quite correct. Oscura has proven time and time again that they can be a most horrid place. Let alone enslaving humans and our kin, but goodly dragons as well? This is truly sickening indeed.

Which is why I would ask any citizen or any non-citizen for that matter, to not attend the Oscuran auction being held soon. Why give those whom enslave anything, be it celestial, elf, dragon, or human, more gold to strengthen their own coffers? We should all put pressure on the dark city. To make a stand against these vile acts. To let them know we do not agree with their actions.

With that, Ronan steps off the stand…

• Elidur Ginen takes to the stand during the busy hours of another market day, he takes a few moment, eager persuasive gestures of "come and listen! Come hear what I have to say to you…" as he beckons the growing crowd - his audience. He shakes his head, and lets out a few remorseful tuts at the crowd.

"_Oh it's not you good people who've blackened my clouds today. But all these rumours - so close to home - are what really keeps us in the dark. The dark, dark just like that below-ground 'city' Oscura!

You know for a while now, since I was attacked in the streets, I've been considering leaving you all behind. Why would I stay somewhere I can't feel safe? … And then it hit me, like a blind man who's first sight in all the world is the revelation of daylight's break of a frosty, bleak dawn. That 'nowhere' else would I 'ever' feel safer than in this proud city! Peltarch, our Jewel! Where laws are normally unbias, and inclusive of all Men, from peasent to Prince._"

His pause is brief, applauding to get the crowd going with his proud and supportive words of the city. Soon though, he ushers in a silence with his 'shush-ing' and calming gestures.

"_Indeed, this city works. But somewhere, not too far from here by boat or by foot. The 'Black City', Oscura, where women and children are shackled and chained in un-deserved bondage. Where good young men are wasted in servile labour where they're worked so hard that it becomes nothing short of bloody murder! I tell you, the nature of this evil hole in the ground! And evil it is, because 'we' know that the black Necromancy is forbidden - for good reason. Not - in Oscura, where they still practice the darkest of spells and speak the darkest of words and put a price on the very darkest of deeds oh Oscura, I am chilled.

Grave, and black. When bad things happen to good people. And when bad things happen to good 'creatures'. When Orcs steal your cattle, do you not fear for their wellbeing? Of course you do! All good people do, it's not that they have another meal it's the cruelty to your animals that wounds you to your heart! And what if these creatures were not so dumb as the lamb? Dragons, Celestials - oh yes they keep them all in Oscura, in chains and in cages. Doesn't that disgust you? It disgusts me! And like the lamb, would you not try to help these good and proud creatures, and give them the freedom they deserve - just like every other slave who's worked to death in that awful place?
    It's been too long, Peltarch. You've turned the other cheek too long - and now - … Now these bad things are acceptable. My heart is breaking, that our city of prosperity and culture and freedom, must be neighbour to this vile and polluted, corrupt underworld. What say you Peltarch? What think you, of the disservice we do to our 'brothers' who deserve freedom? I say liberty - what say you!?_"

Elidur throws his fist in the air, his rallying performance reaching out to the hearts, perhaps the spirits of goodly folk - the message is clear that enough is enough. The dormant spark of freedom, relit… at least within Elidur, a passionate bard with something to say.

• ICC

Raman stands in the crowd and says a silent prayer after Meye has spoken…

• Elidur Ginen stands in the crowd giving his usual "Booo! Get off!" routine, especially so as the priestess takes the stand.