Told from the Rant Stand

• Elidur relishes the opportunity to heckel his least favorite bard.

"Booooo go back to Oscura, you've cause enough grief to our city!"

• The people listening scoff at the bard's words, their confidence in their Magistrates is very difficult to shake.

• Plucking the strings of a dark harp, the Dirge bardess steps closer to the stand and sits upon its edge. wearing flowing robes.

Vladamir's final words spoke of corruption and disregard for the laws of the land, How can one feel safe in a city when its magistrates hear proof of innocence under a truth spell and proceed to ignore such solid proof of innocence!?

I ask of any who were present during the proceedings of this interrogation to say yay or nay the truth in Vladamir's final claims, under a zone of truth!

Tis but a small and effortless gesture that will allow the doubts upon this judiciary system to be removed.

With that, she steps down, her silks wailing slightly in the wind, her peacekeeper healdry as is most often when in peltarch, is nowhere to be seen.

• ((As a ooc note, I have spoken to all people involved in this and Sunday the 9th at 2pm EST is the execution date and time, come one, come all.))

• Elidur shouts out from the crowd.

"May Oscura hang with him!"

• Magistrate Vlana Borodin takes the rant stand early one morning when people are beginning to go about their daily business, she mutters a few quiet words then speaks out loud, her voice carrying far through the use of magic.

Citizens of Peltarch, I bring you good tidings in our war against the Shadovar. Many have suspected that people amongst us, walking freely at our sides have been aiding the Shadovar in their plots that bring harm to all the land.

Through admission of guilt from his own mouth, under the eyes of Tyr and that of Lady Daisy and myself, Vladimir Kursk is guilty of the following charges against the people of Peltarch, for his actions in aiding the Shadovar threat.

• 1.00 Traitorist Act
    • 1.07 Kidnapping.
    • 1.10a Torture.
    • 1.06 Attempted Murder.
    • 1.05 Negligent Murder.
    • 1.13 Obstructing Justice.
    • 1.12 Aiding and Abetting a Criminal.

Justice will be served and Vladimir Kursk will executed for his crimes within the next tenday.

The Magistrate then steps down and heads off towards City Hall.

• Legion

Senator Martoushca Leaffall takes the stand, flanked by a pair of defenders.

**Good folk of the Jewel, your attention please!?

For his assault against Peltarch and for crimes committed while within her territory, hence forth the Oscuran know as SOGAR is banished from the territory of Peltarch and is to be considered an outlaw. All who associate with him are considered suspicious and once identified shall share the same fate.

Should this proclamation be considered unfair or unjust, an appeal may be lodged in writing to town hall for consideration. Until such time as this appeal is received he and his associates are to be considered an enemy of the state of Pelatrch.

MAY THE GODS BLESS THE JEWEL! MAY HER ENEMIES PERISH AND BE UTTERLY FORGOTTEN!**

• ::Mariston takes the stand radiant in his armour and address the gathered::

Let it be known the man called Vladimir Kursk is banished from Peltarch and its lands.
    Thank You

//Cha 24//

• María who was just doing one of her daily walks stops on the spot shocked at the news. After a few seconds she can be heard saying…

Not while I'm still alive.

She then is seen exiting the south gate on her horse…

• An odd man in black armour and helm offers to help.

• Maero climbs up onto the stand pushing everyone else away rudely

"People of Peltarch! Some of you may know that Val Kyrie has been kidnapped by the Shadovar and we can not find her, Daisy at the Temple of the Triad scryed for her but she could not be found!

She may have information they want so she may still be alive! We need to help her and bring her back on home! Any information will be greatly appreciated, thank you."

• We must thank each and every person who was instrumental in aiding us during this difficult time. We must thank out neighbours and ally Norwick for offers of aid to our people, we must not forget the aid offered by The Order of the Shining Pheonix, , our Knights of the Cerulean Stars, The Wolves of Narfell, our ever brave and ever stalwart Defenders, Spellweaver Keep and any others who aided in this.
    May the bards sing of their exploits for years to come and the Triad bless them.

• Appearing once more with Senators Ashald and Thel, Acting General Frederic Del'Rosa gives a speech, mostly attended by officials and passers-by, declaring the end of martial law.

"Citizens of Peltarch, thanks to the efforts of Peltarch's friends and allies, and to the vast majority of our law abiding citizens who did not yield to panic and chaos, and to the tenacious members of the Peltarch Guard and the Peltarch Defenders, our City's most recent trial has ended. True to our history, true to our character and true to our hearts, Peltarch has once more prevailed.

With this victory, the Senate has declared an end to martial law, and I have duly ordered my soldiers to stand down and resume their normal stations outside the walls."

The General motions to the two Senators if they wish to add anything. Senator Ashald speaks first, beaming at those assembled.

"It is with pride in the accomplishments of those who fought for our city that the Senate will resume our normal work for the Jewel. On behalf of every Peltarchan I wish to thank General Del'Rosa and his soldiers for their decisive intervention in quelling the disorder and panic that certain agitators threw the city into. And, of course, I wish to thank the Order of the Divine Shield, who were instrumental in sewing the seeds of victory that led us to this happy announcement today.

I was present in the midst of the chaos this last tenday, witness to some really…just terrible things. On the first day rioting broke out, I joined Senator Thel here in the Docks District, and we were both shocked and dismayed at what we saw. I think we must all remember, Peltarch's true mettle shone through in the end, and this is a day where every citizen can be proud."

Rath's heartfelt speech goes down well enough with a few cheers at the end, and he then steps back, looking to Mariston.

• Somewhere in the middle of the crowd, quiet, Gaerielle has a private thin, melancolic smile, and disappears unnoticed.

• Evil moustache Daveth is there, standing up on the wall behind the rant stand. He shakes his head at Ronan and quietly says to himself…

"Dozens trampled to death, tens of thousands of gold in damages. Yes, I'm sure that'll be coming out of the Senators pay."

He laughs heartily at his sarcasm and then wanders off somewhere.

• Val listens to Ronan's speech with amusement, then wanders off to speak with Mariston behind closed doors.

• Yana watches the speech before returning to duty. She's heard to comment something about being categorized as "a few others"….typical, then goes about her duty on the docks.

• Few people are actually present for the speech, as the rant stand has been surrounded by soldiers since Martial Law went into effect to discourage agitators, though the Defender officers present spread word of its content throughout the city.

• Senator Ronan again takes the rant stand, though he looks a little weary and tired… but a slight smile graces his features as he speaks:

Citizens of Peltarch, I bring good news.

The crisis with the chaos magics has been averted. Peltarch is no longer in danger. Several Peltarch officials, including Shannon, Mariston, myself, Aelthas, Yana and Daisy a few others helped to push back this evil upon us. We had the aid from outside friends as well, such as Aramuil, Rith, Val, Belma'r, Lune, Fadia, Soliel, Eluriel, Sy'wyn, Thorn, Gherman, Rimmer, Havon, Gaerielle and Melanie. All of these noble heroes came to Peltarch's defense in a time of need, and should be honored this day.

Also to the Defenders and guard whom tried to keep order as best they could. I realize that my announcement made a few folks unhappy, given how sudden it was. But.. I thought the people should be warned, and I thought to give as much time as possible for you all to get to safety. I do personally apologise that there was damage in result to my actions. Either way, Peltarch is safe once again… we remain strong. Return home to your families without worry, and knowing that tommorow will come.

Glory to the Jewel.

Ronan then steps down… and if the evil mustache known as Daveth makes another comment, Ronan just ignores it.

((Edited to add a name. There were a lot of people there, so sorry if I didnt remember all. PM me if I missed you))

• Val takes time out from her work to stand beside Mariston, radiating a calm but determined air.

// taking 10 on a charisma check for a 15 result