Told from the Rant Stand

• ::Mariston takes the stand radiant in his armour and address the gathered::

Let it be known the man called Vladimir Kursk is banished from Peltarch and its lands.
    Thank You

//Cha 24//

• María who was just doing one of her daily walks stops on the spot shocked at the news. After a few seconds she can be heard saying…

Not while I'm still alive.

She then is seen exiting the south gate on her horse…

• An odd man in black armour and helm offers to help.

• Maero climbs up onto the stand pushing everyone else away rudely

"People of Peltarch! Some of you may know that Val Kyrie has been kidnapped by the Shadovar and we can not find her, Daisy at the Temple of the Triad scryed for her but she could not be found!

She may have information they want so she may still be alive! We need to help her and bring her back on home! Any information will be greatly appreciated, thank you."

• We must thank each and every person who was instrumental in aiding us during this difficult time. We must thank out neighbours and ally Norwick for offers of aid to our people, we must not forget the aid offered by The Order of the Shining Pheonix, , our Knights of the Cerulean Stars, The Wolves of Narfell, our ever brave and ever stalwart Defenders, Spellweaver Keep and any others who aided in this.
    May the bards sing of their exploits for years to come and the Triad bless them.

• Appearing once more with Senators Ashald and Thel, Acting General Frederic Del'Rosa gives a speech, mostly attended by officials and passers-by, declaring the end of martial law.

"Citizens of Peltarch, thanks to the efforts of Peltarch's friends and allies, and to the vast majority of our law abiding citizens who did not yield to panic and chaos, and to the tenacious members of the Peltarch Guard and the Peltarch Defenders, our City's most recent trial has ended. True to our history, true to our character and true to our hearts, Peltarch has once more prevailed.

With this victory, the Senate has declared an end to martial law, and I have duly ordered my soldiers to stand down and resume their normal stations outside the walls."

The General motions to the two Senators if they wish to add anything. Senator Ashald speaks first, beaming at those assembled.

"It is with pride in the accomplishments of those who fought for our city that the Senate will resume our normal work for the Jewel. On behalf of every Peltarchan I wish to thank General Del'Rosa and his soldiers for their decisive intervention in quelling the disorder and panic that certain agitators threw the city into. And, of course, I wish to thank the Order of the Divine Shield, who were instrumental in sewing the seeds of victory that led us to this happy announcement today.

I was present in the midst of the chaos this last tenday, witness to some really…just terrible things. On the first day rioting broke out, I joined Senator Thel here in the Docks District, and we were both shocked and dismayed at what we saw. I think we must all remember, Peltarch's true mettle shone through in the end, and this is a day where every citizen can be proud."

Rath's heartfelt speech goes down well enough with a few cheers at the end, and he then steps back, looking to Mariston.

• Somewhere in the middle of the crowd, quiet, Gaerielle has a private thin, melancolic smile, and disappears unnoticed.

• Evil moustache Daveth is there, standing up on the wall behind the rant stand. He shakes his head at Ronan and quietly says to himself…

"Dozens trampled to death, tens of thousands of gold in damages. Yes, I'm sure that'll be coming out of the Senators pay."

He laughs heartily at his sarcasm and then wanders off somewhere.

• Val listens to Ronan's speech with amusement, then wanders off to speak with Mariston behind closed doors.

• Yana watches the speech before returning to duty. She's heard to comment something about being categorized as "a few others"….typical, then goes about her duty on the docks.

• Few people are actually present for the speech, as the rant stand has been surrounded by soldiers since Martial Law went into effect to discourage agitators, though the Defender officers present spread word of its content throughout the city.

• Senator Ronan again takes the rant stand, though he looks a little weary and tired… but a slight smile graces his features as he speaks:

Citizens of Peltarch, I bring good news.

The crisis with the chaos magics has been averted. Peltarch is no longer in danger. Several Peltarch officials, including Shannon, Mariston, myself, Aelthas, Yana and Daisy a few others helped to push back this evil upon us. We had the aid from outside friends as well, such as Aramuil, Rith, Val, Belma'r, Lune, Fadia, Soliel, Eluriel, Sy'wyn, Thorn, Gherman, Rimmer, Havon, Gaerielle and Melanie. All of these noble heroes came to Peltarch's defense in a time of need, and should be honored this day.

Also to the Defenders and guard whom tried to keep order as best they could. I realize that my announcement made a few folks unhappy, given how sudden it was. But.. I thought the people should be warned, and I thought to give as much time as possible for you all to get to safety. I do personally apologise that there was damage in result to my actions. Either way, Peltarch is safe once again… we remain strong. Return home to your families without worry, and knowing that tommorow will come.

Glory to the Jewel.

Ronan then steps down… and if the evil mustache known as Daveth makes another comment, Ronan just ignores it.

((Edited to add a name. There were a lot of people there, so sorry if I didnt remember all. PM me if I missed you))

• Val takes time out from her work to stand beside Mariston, radiating a calm but determined air.

// taking 10 on a charisma check for a 15 result

• ::Mariston nods to the acting General as he speaks, the speaks after the General::

Take heart good people, we shall prevail through this troubling time, do not give into fear. We hath weathered storms far worse than this in the past, and our spirit and courage hath never been broken.

• Acting General Frederic Del'Rosa ascends the stand, accompanied by Senators Ashald and Thel, making a much anticipated announcement.

"Citizens of Peltarch, the Senate has determined that in order to ensure your safety, Martial Law will go into effect as of this moment. I will now urge everybody to remember yourselves, remember your courage and tenacity, and return to your homes.

Those who wish to leave the City, will be able to do so, but ONLY once order is restored to our streets! And I will make myself very clear on this point. I will have law and order restored to our streets by this time tomorrow. Curfews will be imposed, and if you are found in violation of them you will be dealt with accordingly. Looters will not be granted any mercy. Fools proclaiming our doom is nigh will not be granted any leniency.

Peltarch will weather this storm, through the wisdom of our leaders and the valour of our soldiers. Return to your homes with this promise in your heart."

• Clay, in town to check on his mother at the inn after hearing the news of the riots, simply asks one question.

"Why the f*** is this the first anybody seems to know of it? Hell, the Legion, the Defenders… is everybody -that- out of the loop nowadays? There's more communication between goblins in the Rawlinswood..."

• Upon arriving to the major gatherings of rioters, Rith speaks up the following speech //At 21 Charisma score//

Citizens of Peltarch!

I will not lie to you. There is evil lurking in this city. This, you have been told already. But here is what you haven't been told – there is good, a lot of good. This city has lived through countless threats, has been rebuilt from rubble, and has stood even more beautiful and majestic than ever before. And that is because there have been always those who will fight and die for your wellbeing and your safety. For each one of you.

Very capable men and women that selflessly will simply not allow any harm to come to our Jewel, no matter the cost. That will jump into the Abyss, if that ensures the safety of your children. Do give them some credit, my friends.

As I speak, a horde of demons has been cleansed with fierce determination and sharp steel. They never stood a chance before the might of the Jewel and its allies. The blood on my blade shows proof of this brutal victory. ::Rith unseathes her ornated Lathanderite Greatsword, stained with dark, thick blood, displaying it to the masses::

There is one last battle to be had, and this time we'll take it to our enemy's home. We will strike at their core, and erase them from the face of Toril. They will -not- compromise the wellbeing of our countrymen. They will know that we will not lay down and die. That we live in Freedom and we always will. That those who dare putting the Joy of our people at stake will suffer the hammer of implacable retribution upon them.

I'm not saying that you should be exempt of worry, my countrymen. You have all the right that there is in this world to be worried for that which you love. But know this - you, your children, your loved ones. You are all in good hands. I swear to you before my Lord Lathander that there are many brave warriors that will first part with their souls than letting any of you come to harm. And I swear to you that tomorrow the Sun will raise again, as it has ever done.

• Hammerhand mutters "Magic. Why is it always magic.".

• Yana’s eyes get rather wide at the announcement, and when realization soon hits her regarding the consequences and what it means to the ill prepared guards, she looks ill

By the gods Ronan, what were you thinking?

• Daveth looks to Ronan, then looks to Benji, then looks to Ronan, then looks to Benji, then his mouth gapes open as he notices all the guards and defenders unprepared for the riots.

"…Did no one tell the Legion, Defenders or Norwick anything before this announcement?"

For once he seems genuinely shocked.