Are there any evil characters out there?

• I'm startled that the altruistic and philanthropic activities of the Sisterhood come across as neutral evil.

Nevertheless, there are definitely evil folks about, and Oscura is a place to meet them.

• Yes…Corde, at least openly.

He's really not evil though; never done a thing evil....

• ICC

Black and gold armor, and black and green armor are the evil people of Narfell. At least the open ones. The Sisterhood, at least as far as I can tell, are neutral evil. Thne there is that creepy guy in black and purple Zyphlin plays, (Corde is it? Brainfart) He is pure evil. Just go to Oscura if you want to meet evil people. I think I'm babbling.

• Sounds similar to my old server. I'll be finishing up a plot there for the next week or so then I'll start up here properly. (Defending a temple of bane from like, everyone else in the world is hard but fun πŸ™‚ )

• Plenty of ways to play evil on the server all of them very challenging and difficult - but not impossible.

One thing to make sure is that your twisted character never ever wears a combination of green and black openly, because many of the goody two-shoe characters seem to need no other reason than that to start throwing Banehole accusations and insults - and worse.

Colours are powerful. πŸ˜‰

• There is evil here. It lurks in the shadows. The evil on this server out of necesity must be very smart and cagey or it gets hunted down very fast. Do not for one second though think there are not places where your character can get dead real fast for little reason.

• There are four alignments on Narfell.

Good.

Neutral.

Not nice.

And evil.

Not nice people can be selfish as they like, as long as they don't have purely evil goals, paladins can't pick on them, maybe you can try a not nice PC?

Or if you do make an evil PC, find other people who play them, send me a PM or something sometime.

• @1c12dedbd3=metagod:

aww im just kidding, Chaevre' is a happy shiny person who loves everyone and plants flowers everywhere she goes. . .

Yeah, on the disturbed graves of the cemetarries she has 'passed though on a recruiting drive . . .

• I play an evil character

her name is Chaevre' Vaelen

maybe you will run into her sometime.

just dont get on her bad side cause ill either turn you into a lawn ornament or grant you a free ticket to your gods ::evil grin::

aww im just kidding, Chaevre' is a happy shiny person who loves everyone and plants flowers everywhere she goes. . .

• As a little add-on to Scio's reply, if you've been waiting to make an evil character, now would be an opportune time to do so.

With all the talk of how bloody the retaking of Norwick will be, good and neutral chars are turning the other cheek and no longer persecuting, but rather welcoming anyone willing to help - even evil chars. Now might be a great time to roll up that evil char, get some great XP and such in the war, and possibly make some friends in high places to secure your safety in a post-war Narfell.

Just a suggestion. πŸ˜‰

• Most of the characters on this server are neutral or good. There is widespread prejudice against those who openly worship evil gods. Most of the threats and foes we face are not of the 'player races' so the morality of fighting them is simpler because 'they're just evil'.

If you want to play someone evil, I'd definitely recommend someone that's personable and charismatic enough so that they don't arouse obvious suspicion from the many paladins around. The Order of the Divine Shield is a very prominent organisation dedictaed to combatting evil, and they're quite numerous and comparatively high level.

All that said, there are definitely evil characters out there. If you're going to be more openly evil, it will likely be more fun if you have a group of like-minded people to watch your back. In time you'll be able to get some respect from the neutral people you come across and don't upset, but getting to that stage can take a while.

The big evil faith representation on the server are Umberlee, Shar and Bane. I've been thinking of maybe starting a baby Banite or Sharran as well, so if you're looking for a buddy, drop me a tell in game.

• There are a few. Unfortunately my PC stays on the bright shiney sidewalk of the righteous path.

I know little or nothing of evil.

• The Church of Umberlee is also recruiting. If Head Bitch Corana ever gets out of jail that is. πŸ˜„

Keep poking around, Ordinath. There's lots of goody-goodies in Narfell, but there's a few of us other folk as well. Send me a tell IG or a message in IRC if you'd like to chat more.

• Heya!

There's plenty of evil around.

But mostly it's not considered fun to assault other players just to get their things. Such actions will get you noticed far, far too fast. And once a mob of level 13 to 16 goody-two-shoes are breathing down your neck, it becomes very unfun for you too πŸ™‚

Thus, there's evil, sure. But it's mostly less offensive, and… in my personal case... follows less blatantly obvious selfish goals. It's, imho, true for all characters that they should persue their goals, and not just engage in an activity because it fits their alignment. A character has an alignment, not the other way round. πŸ™‚

Other than that, i. e. the Banite church is currently looking for villainous fighter-types. But they might not be overjoyed by the concept of a crazy mass-murderer. Also, joining the Banites, or associating with them openly, can have very negative consequences on your character.

PS: If you want to waylaid and rob and plunder, I suggest you do that to kobolds, hobgoblins and kuo tao. They're far more readily available, and are not known to get pissed of all that much more because they're already used to dying day in, day out.