Diary of a Fuzzy Sorceress

• Entry 27

Some kind of bugbear has been making these weird slime creatures attack the town. Disgusting and annoying. And they make this attack that just hurts all over. Hope we kill that mage soon.

Speaking of mages, the former chancellor showed up. He's looking as pasty as ever. Uljas unfortunately bowled him over as we were fearing the bugbear mage was sneaking into town invisible.

Feather talked to me about Uljas, since he mentioned thinking of marrying me someday. She's not sure what I see in him. I think the idea of having multiple wives puts her off too. To be honest, I'm still not looking to marry him. At least not now. Have another tryst? Yes.

But Feather did make a point about something. I wonder how Belia feels about Uljas chasing other women. I'm sure she's aware he has other wives, so maybe she's okay with it. I dunno.

Attentus passed away. He had been using a longevity potion to stay young, and his last batch wasn't mixed right. So instead of staying young he was rapidly growing old. I'm sad to see him go, he's done a lot for me. I am honored that he asked to see me one last time before he passed away. I'll cherish my memories of him.

• Entry 26

That went well, actually. I think it helped matters that Selûne's blessing finally came to fruition and Aelthas now has full control over the beast. The Senate is letting him out, their fears put to rest. His position in the city's military is still up in the air, but that's for his commanding officer to decide and I suspect he man is a decent fellow and will go with Ael's request to step down from being a Captain, yet still be a part of the Defenders.

I traveled back down to Norwick. Found yet another person who recalls I used to purr. And unlike the old Wolf, I don't recognize this person. <g>Fark.</g>

Maya is looking better, but still worn. I wanted to talk to her about my own experience at being mentally controlled, but I think she looked too tired so I didn't. She did ask an amusing question.

What if Aelthas and I had gotten married? Would our children be cats or dogs?

I should ask Aelthas and see what his reaction would be.

Uljas mentioned that Ael told him he would have to pass some tests if he wishes to marry me. I can just imagine what the tests will be too. I know Aelthas went through some rough ones to be allowed to marry Lycka. He won't go easy on Uljas. Not that he's asked me yet.

I did ask, however, how he feels about my being a werecat and a hexxer. I had a good idea that he wasn't bothered at all by the lycanthropy. He says that he wishes the same rule as with Belia. No turning into an animal while in bed. That got a good laugh from Maya.

He forgives the hexxing too. "Nobody perfect," he simply replies. As long as I don't cast any hexes on him, he is fine with it. I might hex, but he recognizes my heritage. I can fight like a rager.

Its interesting how I see sides of people that others easily miss. I'm sure some people would laugh at me if I were to say that Uljas is quite an insightful person. They only see his temper and bravado and dismiss the rest of him.

I'm still not looking for marraige now. And if he asks I'll tell him honestly. Not now. I want to fix my head first. Give me time.

• Entry 25

Hobgoblins and bugbears attacked the south gate of Norwick. We beat them off. One mage got away though. We'll get him next time.

Right now I'm about to enter the Peltarch Senate chambers. Ronan does think that I should make a showing and reassure the Senate that we were being cautious with Aelthas's condition. Honestly, I'm a little nervous. It's not just being in the city that has my nerves going, but being before the Senate. Swaying one person to your side isn't too bad. Swaying half a dozen or more very opinionated people is. Please Selûne let these people see reason.

Ah, the guard is waving at me to enter. Let the show begin.

• Entry 24

Have I mentioned before that Jerrick knows how to give a very nice massage? Wow.

No, I don't mean THAT kind of massage.

I'm glad that my fears of Jerrick and Feather splitting up have been put to rest. Honestly, I think at this point I would feel a bit awkward if that happened. You probably expect that I would be jumping him the instant it happens, but really, I wouldn't. I doubt a relationship with anybody based on the idea of bouncing back from a breakup would have any lasting value.

Aelthas has confessed to the city Senate about his lycanthropy. For now, they've confined him to the Selunite temple. I do hope they are reasonable about this. Should I try to talk to them? He hasn't asked me to yet, but I feel the need to do something. Maybe I should ask Ronan.

Maya is better. Well, not under the influence of an evil item at least. She feels ashamed about it though. I'm going to try to sit down with her sometime and tell about my own experiences. Probably just the abridged version.

Oh, Aelthas revealed something interesting to me. He says that Uljas is considering asking me to marry him. That surprises me. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, because we did have a little tryst. I figured my sorcery would have turned him away from such ideas. But then, I guess I'm not your typical sorceress. Or maybe it's just that I'm pretty enough to ignore the hexing.

What would I say if he does ask? At this point, I know I don't think I'm ready for that. But what about later? He does have a rugged, animal magnetism that does catch my eye. And he does treat me very nicely. Though I do find he's a bit naive. Actually, that adds an amusing charm sometimes.

What about the fact that he has eight wives? One of which is Belia. Can I live with that? My own tribe didn't really do that. There were some who did have a couple of wives, but that's it.

<g>Fark.</g> Where's my wine?

• Entry 23

I had an enjoyable boat ride back to Norwick. Val and I talked. She's a bardess. A bit of a skald really. She showed me this wonderful cats eye ring she made for Z. She gave me some good advice for enchanting. I'm sure that it'll cost a fair amount of money for some of the reagents, but I think I really would like to have my own special armor.

Things were crazy at the south gate of Norwick. This man from Oscura was apparently a friend of the one accused of being a drow. That maybe-drow attacked Aelthas weeks ago, and found out he's a werewolf. So now this friend was warning everybody that Aelthas is a werewolf. I'm sure he was expecting people to be upset, but that was not the case. If anything, people were harassing the Oscuran. Unfortunately, Uljas got put in jail for it.

I'm still worried about Jerrick. It seems that he and Feather are hitting a rough spot in their relationship. I told him to find her and talk to her. And also harped on him more on giving himself some breathing room. I think my words sunk in a bit.

• Entry 22

Getting drunk can be fun when you are in a good mood and you are with good friends.

Waking up in the middle of the night to an old nightmare afterward, is not.

Feeling the hangover in the morning, is most definitely not.

Told Benji the whole story behind the nightmare. He's a good friend, but I think I freaked him out. It made me realize how crazy I sound. Wonder if he really believes me. I gotta end this. Fix my head.

And thank Benji for sharing that hangover medicine.

** There is a scrap piece of parchment tucked in the pages here. Written on the scrap are the following words, "Note to self: Find Lycka and see if she knows about dreamwalking." **

• Entry 21

This week had a mixture of bad and good.

Maya is in trouble. That whip she took from the drow had started to possess her mind. It reminded me too much of when the Dark Enchantress captured me. I hated having to fight Maya to get the whip away from her, but I know it was for her own good. She threatened to call Tempus down on the city afterward. Very much not like Maya. I'll have to make a point to visit her in the city jail. Maybe tell her about my own experiences with such things. At least Lady Daisy says we weren't too late with our intervention. It's gonna take some time for the hold on her mind to let go.

The other bad crap of the week was having to talk to another person who has similar issues as I do. Issues with the mind, not the heart. Good thing I was in a good mood from Uljas. Otherwise, I probably would have taken offense at the words spoken to me. I wonder what his game is. I'll have to tred carefully on this.

So what put me in a good mood? Uljas. He really surprised me yesterday. First, I was a bit surprised that his eyes still wander over me. I guess being a hexxer and a werecat are nothing compared to my looks. And then he came up with a new exercise. Picking up a woman, me in this case, and lifing her up and down like weights. Why? Because we're prettier. He didn't stop there though, he ended up running off with me into the woods. Yep, I was literally carried away.

And that's when he really surprised me. He comes across all rough and such, right? But he's no fool. There's some wisdom in his words. What did I learn from him? A few things. Mostly, that sometimes I just need to throw caution to the wind and let go. Even if for one night worry about myself instead of everybody else. Stop over thinking and let go. Take in the moment.

It felt good. Really good.

Now only if Jerrick can stop worrying so much about everybody. It worries me, how much he feels he has to carry the weight of all our problems on his shoulders. I told him so, when I saw him just a little while ago. He disagrees, of course. I guess Feather and I will have to work on that.

Looking at Jerrick walk off, I realized something. I'm fine. Oh, my heart still aches for him. But it's fine. I can live with it. It is what it is, and I'm happy.

• Entry 20

It has been unbearable. I can feel jealousy stirring rage in me. It scares me. I fear hurting people I care about. I fear becoming the monster I was when the Dark Enchantress had me. Most of all, I feel guilty. Guilty that I want what Feather has badly enough that it stirs this rage. I fear hurting her most of all.

I saw both outside Jerrick's house, tending to a little garden. I laid down at the edge of the trees. I wanted to go talk to them. I wanted to run from them. Instead I just sat, unable to decide. Feather noticed me and decided for me. She came to me. I confessed everything. My feeling guilty, my fears of hurting her, my past with the Dark Enchantress and the lingering scars of that. She listened. She hugged. She brushed aside my fears, reassuring me that I won't hurt her. By my own words she is convinced of that.

I feel better now. I'm glad I didn't run. Though I don't think I agree with her that I'm the bravest person she knows. I still hide myself too much. I think it's time I did change that. And more importantly, I need to fix myself.

After that theraputic talk, I ended up hunting gnolls with Val, Rasuil, and Uljas. Before we entered their lands, us spellcasters began to cast our defensive spells. And that's when I remembered, Uljas is wary of hexxers.

Stop hiding. I decided to make a step in that direction. Besides, he deserved the truth. I respect him. Plus, he handled the fact that I'm a werecat pretty well, considering. He's wary of my hexxing, to be sure. He insisted I don't cast hexes on him, and I promise not to.

On the other hand, I think I ended up drawing some respect later. While we were fighting, there was one point that we were surrounded by a large group of the dog-faced beasts. I let myself loose. Let my animal insticts run free, let the rage out.

Looking back, it was odd. I clawed at the gnolls with a strength and fury I didn't know I had. It was rather… liberating. Maybe I should do it a bit more often. If anything, I felt my rage satiated.

Uljas commented that I haven't forgotten my roots, not even the hexxing will keep me from that.

I agree. My mother always told me not to hate my tribe for the bullying of me being a half-breed. And I still do not hate them for chasing me out when my sorcery manifested. In the end, they were still family.

I wish I knew if any were still alive.

The week ended with me having a drink with Luke, of all people. Sabre's mate, I think. Remember her from Fight Night? Luke comes across as a very happy-go-lucky kind of guy. Though with him being a sailor, I'm sure he's no push-over.

Note to self: Fear that "Riskey." By Selûne, I'm still feeling the burn of that stuff. Good stuff if you want to knock yourself out for a day.

• Entry 19

I should not have participated in that game. Idiot. Yeah, it was entertaining up until it was my turn. Some interesting questions getting asked, with interesting answers. And yeah, Benji and Arandor had good questions for me.

But Jerrick… what was he thinking? Honestly, I don't think he was thinking. Even he knew it was a bad question after he asked it. "If you could change one thing about a person besides yourself, who and what would that be?"

<g>F A R K</g>

I didn't answer it, Benji had another question instead. But I might as well have, I think it was pretty clear what my answer is.

* The writing on this page is smudged in a few spots from tear drops. *

• Entry 18

Alright. I know I said it's nice to have some other problems happening so I don't think about my own. But <g>FARK!!</g> It's getting to be too much!

Aelthas was attacked by Sharrans again. A werecat tried to seduce him.

Oh, and Rasuil ate some bad soup that had him really sick. It was quite disgusting.

Fighting goblins with Attentus was a highlight of the week. He's not too bad with that sword. He was impressed with my archery skills too. Yeah, for a sorceress, I'm a pretty good shot.

But big crap situation number one was due to that farking bastard, Jay. And whatever bitch priestess was with him. Jack, I think her name was. They decided to attack us all in town, trying to get Troff and Gina. Or Ginas rather, she was cloned. Farking bastard almost killed Jerrick. They did manage to kill Troff.

Sorry, Jaelle, but he's gonna die. Too many of us want his blood now.

Fadia's around again. That's perhaps the second highlight of my week. For the record, she's the third person to say I'm probably better off without Jerrick as my mate. Whatever.

Fight Night was meh. I didn't do terrific at the archery. And boxing had me outmatched by a bruiser of a half-orc. It was nice seeing Aelthas beat him. Though Aelthas was still no match for Yana. Mind you, I wouldn't have minded if I was beaten by her, at least she's a pretty.

Jerrick… is getting really stressed out now. He's on edge especially after Jay and Jack's brutal assault. I'm kinda worried about him. He didn't stick around for the rest of Fight Night and I decided to stick with him. I could tell he needed a shoulder to lean on and well, Feather must have been off at the Den or sleeping in cuz she wasn't around.

Shut up. He's my friend. I'm not trying to steal him here.

Unfortunately, my hugging-Jerrick time was interrupted. Grag requested that I talk to this Legion soldier. He's got a split personality and Grag figured that I've dealt with such things so I'm an expert, right?

<g>FARK.</g>

And to top off my week? Demons. They were after this couple… Ashe was the woman I think. They were after their baby, I think. And Death took him to the heavens for safety.

Yeah, I'm hoping that I don't get any more involved in THAT.

However, this mage cloning people I do find curious. Scary, but curious.

Curious for all the wrong reasons, I know.

• Entry 17

Ugh, problem after problem after problem…

Goblins attacked the town. Using portal magics. Talk about flashbacks to Skara's day. They broke into the Temple of Chauntea and stole a relic, a silver sickle.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to helping retrieve that. Note to self: Bring gloves in case.

Aelthas also ran into a Sharran who tricked him into drinking some kind of poison. Now we have to move quickly to finish up the potion that the Boar has been having us work on, and then somehow go to Selûne. Yes, you heard me right. The celestial told Aelthas he has to go to Our Lady of Silver in the sky.

If there's one good thing about all these problems, it's that it lets me ignore my own.

• Entry 16

It was a relatively quiet day. Somebody was spooked at some caltrops found in the woods. They also said they saw a whirlwind of sand kill an animal, but Belia and I didn't find that. I'll just keep an eye out, that's all.

The shocking news of the day, and perhaps the whole week, is that Jay is back from the dead. That's the one who was Jaelle's lover, as far as I can tell. You know, the one she told me should be on the Wall. As in Faithless. I don't care if anybody calls me paranoid, but dammit my instincts are screaming that bad stuff will come of this. Be careful, Badger.

I got to talk to Attentus again today. Honestly, I think I ended up realizing a few things about myself.

Number one, I hide. I hide so much I've even hidden from myself. I mean, how else can I explain that I fell in love without knowing it. I hide the pain I still feel. I've always hidden.

Number two, I hide because I'm farking scared of how people would react to certain truths. It's a bit silly, because so far people I've shared said secret with have taken it in stride. Except for Malika. She didn't like the betrayal of trust, understandably so. I'm actually surprised she hasn't said anything about it. Maybe that should be my proof that even if they don't like the truth, they will still give me a chance. I should just stop the masquerade. Stop hiding.

I'll work at it. Promise.

Number three, I can't let go of Jerrick like I should because that's the one thing I've not had. The one thing my sister's had in her life that I didn't. I mean, Andu just doesn't…

Yeah, I really do need to stop hiding. Maybe I should start here.

<g>FARK.</g>

• Entry 15

I feel a bit drained. Too much stress and tension going on.

Lots of us gathered at Jerrick's house again. Not all of it was pleasant. Some arguments, happened. Jerrick looks very stressed out. He's not one to show stress and anger often.

I actually wore a dress. I never wear dresses. They're no good for traveling in the woods. Even I did a double-take when I saw how I looked after trying on one of Feather's dresses. Okay, it was a bit tight in places, being that I'm curvier. Still, wow!

Things really didn't end too nicely after the party though. Jaelle seems to be hounded by the ghost of a former lover. Or mentally imagining it. Troff tried to help by fetching a priest. It was a nice gesture, but I can tell the priest he got maybe mucked things up worse. A priest of Hoar spouting about revenge. That put a look in her eye that worries me a lot.

Yeah, as if I need even MORE reminders of what the Dark Enchantress put me through. <gnomish>FARK</gnomish>. I start to feel a little better about my broken heart, and crap happens to remind me that, yes, I still have a broken mind to worry about. I can still feel her farking collar around my neck when I think about it too much.

Fark. <elvish>Fark.</elvish> <gnomish>FARK.</gnomish>

What scares me most, is that if things were a little different, I could see myself going crazy like Jaelle. If Feather wasn't so much a sister to me, if she was a person I hated… it would be so easy to give into rage.

Please, Selûne, give me strength NOT to. Let me focus my rage on other things.

While you are at it, Selûne, give Badger the strength to pull Jaelle back from the brink.

The following is written pretty hastily, like an after thought.

Also, I gotta remember to talk to Attentus. He slipped.

<gnomish>FARK.</gnomish>

• Entry 14

I found Thorn in the woods, as I was on my way to town from the glen. He was upset, saddened. Not as bad as I was over Jerrick, but still sad. I decided sit with him and hear out his problems.

Is heartache contagious or something?

He told me about his relationship with a girl and how it ended badly. She hates him very much, and tried to kill him. Please, Selune, don't let my jealousy turn me to such ways. I offered what comfort I could, but I'm not sure I really gave any meaningful advice. Sometimes, however, it's a huge help to have a person to just listen. It helped me a lot.

He was surprised when I mentioned how I knew what hate can do to ruin a person. He says I'm too nice to be like that. I wish that were true. But to hear him say it means that I've done something right with myself.

Maybe sometime I'll tell him the other half of the tale I told.

He also wanted some advice on magic. Jerrick thinks he's got some potential at working nature magic. Now I do arcane magic, it's different. It's even more different with being a sorceress; the magic is within me as much as outside. I still think I gave him some good suggestions though. We'll see if any of it works.

Also, an old Wolf returned. Old enough to realize I don't talk with a purr like I used to. Note to self: Ask Benji how to spell that word he cusses all the time. I find myself saying it repeatedly right now.

I mean, this means having to talk about THAT secret. It's not so bad telling it to the few friends who have come to know me in recent times, they don't have preconceptions. But an old Wolf? Fark me. Let's hope the name, "Lorelai," isn't familiar to him. If it isn't, then I probably will be okay. If not… Fark. Fark Fark Fark.

I should make sure Jerrick's nearby.

FARK!

• Entry 13

As I was heading from the druid glen to town, I overheard the sounds of merriment coming from Jerrick's house. Curiosity got the better of me and so I decided to poke my head in. Glad I did, Jerrick and Feather were having a party of sorts. Lots of Wovles there, and even Aelthas and Ronan came by.

Again, it was nice to relax. Drink some mint tea, have some cookies, laugh and tell stories. I swear Feather hung onto me as much as she did Jerrick. She really has taken to me as a sister. Actually, it's comforting. I missed having a close family. Okay, yeah, the druids and the Wolves are family. But I missed having Vilmar and Xixia and even Grimolf.

It even dulls the pain and jealousy.

The only part of the night's conversations that had me feeling out of sorts was when we were talking about Aelthas's bond with Lycka and the similarities to the elven Lifebond. Thank Selûne nobody tried asking about Andu. I'm actually rather glad that subject hasn't been brought up at all.

When the part was all over, I stuck around Ronan and finished my tale. He took it well and wasn't bothered by "the big secret." Actually, he gave some interesting thoughts about it. I wonder if she really is just letting me have my time at life.

And there I go starting into secrets I don't want to write about. Next topic!

He also spoke his mind about Jerrick and my feelings for him. He pretty much thinks the same as Aelthas. I'm better off without Jerrick. Yeah, he hasn't had the best of relationships. And yes, he seems to flirt a bit. But hell, I used to be an awful flirt, too. Been tempted to be again actually. And then there's Kaetlyn. Ronan brought that up to show that Jerrick never really committed to her. If he loved her as much as he said, he would have gone searching for her, right?

I can see what he's saying. But on the other hand… If she really loved him, why did she leave?

Seeing as I don't know, I'm just going to let it be.

Better I focus on my own heart and mind.

• Entry 12

I spent some time with Jerrick, telling him about the Fight Night he missed. I still struggle to come to grips with this. Whenever he's near, I feel so peaceful and happy. But it's bittersweet. I can't have him in my life the way I want and it tugs at me each time we part. It's worse when I see him with Feather. Yes, that scares me. I don't want to hurt either of them.

Troff and Eli said something that made me take pause. I think Aelthas was put off by it too. "Faith is weird." The comment was in remark to a woman who seems to be having quite a crisis of faith. A fallen paladin, who turned to Bane, and now turns to another god.

I can sort of see what Eli and Troff were meaning though. If you aren't a servant like a priest or druid, then it can seem like you are quite removed from the gods. The gods answer a priest's prayer of healing for example, to cure a wound or disease.

What about the rest of us?

I decided to tell the story of how I came to worship Selûne. Only Troff stuck around to listen to it, I think Eli had some militia matters to worry about. I told him of my childhood, growing up an outcast. And how I was run out of town when my sorcery manifested. My tribe follows old ways. Magic that isn't divinely granted was believed to be devilry.

When I finally stopped running, I was in a clearing and lost. No more home, no more family, no place to go. I prayed to Selûne, recalling that she was a patron to wanderers, and then looked to the night sky. A star seemed to shimmer a little more than the rest. I followed it. And after days of travel, I found myself in Norwick.

I could have just passed off that shimmer as my mind playing tricks on me. I could have stopped following it, giving up on it leading me anywhere. I didn't though. I placed myself into Selûne's hands and she led me to where I belong.

Do the gods answer prayers to those who aren't direct servants? Yes, if that person takes the chance to put his or her faith in them.

I hope Troff took that lesson from my story.

After my story time, I ended up getting a bit silly. Aelthas and Uljas can be very childlike sometimes, and their immature fun was infectious. From 'reverse vampires' to me getting carried away literally to a pile of cats, it was a lot of silly fun. Enough to distract me from my own problems for a while at least.

A careful observer will note that this page seems to have a light sprinkling of pixie dust on it.

• Entry 11

Fight Night again. I expected to do what I usually do. Participate in the archery, then watch everybody beat each other up in the boxing and team fights. Benji was put in charge instead of Aramuil this time, however. And he took a suggestion from Maya.

We had a grand tournament style team competition. All entrants were paired up randomly and they would compete together in all the events. So that would mean I'd be getting myself beat up instead of watching. Seeing as I did decent boxing against Hammerhand, I decided to go for it.

Lady Luck likes irony, I think.

I was paired up with a woman by the name of Sabre. She came across as a sailor (which Aelthas later confirmed for me). I have to say her care-free and raunchy attitude was rubbing off on me. I think I really needed a night to just let go. Did me some good. We actually did pretty good as a team too. We only placed in the archery event, but we held our own admirably in the boxing and team fighting.

I cheated a bit in the boxing, I wore the "Prowling Outfit." Why not distract the men, eh?

Sabre and I did win the traditional… um... I don't know how to spell the word Benji used for it. Basically a free-for-all with everbody in the ring. Too bad Jerrick wasn't there to see that.

Shut up, I know I gotta try to get over him.

So what's so ironic about me and Sabre being teamed up? Well, the Black Sails have Umberlants among their group. So the fact that we got along together well is pretty impressive. That or they just didn't realize who I worship.

But hey, it's not like I'm going to make a point to be on their bad side. I've got too many things to worry about as it is.

• Entry 10

I found out what seems to have Badger so worked up. Part of it is that the high tensions that are around lately are putting him on edge. The other part, and probably the more impacting, is Jaelle. He's been trying to help her. I remember she was an Umberlant. That does kinda put me off, but the important word there is 'was'. I hope he succeed in helping her find a better life. May he see the good in her and make her see it too.

It was such a chance that saved me.

No, I'm not explaining. Certain secrets, remember?

Anyways, there was this warpriest who asked me to spar. I don't usually spar. Mostly because I prefer fighting with the strength of my feline form and the claws to rip people apart. He seemed fine with it though, welcoming the challenge. I tore him up pretty good, even without using any of my spells first. I move pretty swiftly as a feline, and my hide is tougher. He hit hard when he connected though. We tried a round of boxing after. No, not boxing while I was feline, just a normal half-elf. I felt kind of silly. It's an interesting duality I have, being a big strong werecat, or a wimpy half-elf sorceress. He seemed to focus on hitting hard, but a bit wildly and easy to dodge, while I struck fast and peppered him with my fists. I felt like a kitten.

Gotta say though, I did decent for being a kitten. Maybe I should try boxing at Fight Night. I think I want some gloves though, to make up for my lack of strength.

His name is Hammerhand. An apt name, by my reckoning.

Also, Aelthas learned to fear kitty hugs.

On the following day, the "infection" finally started manifesting in people. What's really scary is that it affected people who weren't hit by the troblins at all. It spreads like an actual disease would. That's going to make quarentine rougher, I think.

So, what did I change into?

A cow. Of all the things, I become a cow. And not just any regular cow, but be the account of others I was a demon cow. Or a devil cow? I breathed fire. And apparently Benji's curiosity got the better of him. He tried milking me.

Yeah, I'm still not sure what to make of that too. I mean, as a person, I'm disgusted at the idea of being milked. But I was a cow, and people milk cows.

I roasted him for it, I'm told.

Aelthas made him apologize. It's nice having a brother again. I probably should be angrier at Benji, and looking back on it it does make me frown. But Aelthas already roughed him up, and it was just too bizarre. I forgave Benji and we both agreed to just leave it in the past.

Helps that I don't remember any of it. I'm rather glad I don't.

((OOC Author Note: I do believe this makes me caught up with everything Tindra's recently been through. Yay for me DMing last night instead of PCing!))

• Entry 9

I told Aelthas about seeing Selûne. "Don't waste the chance… She did it for a reason." I wonder what reason though. Yeah, okay, okay. I'm probably one of her most faithful followers in the region. Not enough to be priestess or such, but still pretty faithful. I worshiped her even before I became a werecat. Maybe she guided me to becoming a werecat because of that.

Aelthas and Jerrick both say I shouldn't rush off to find the reason. It'll come to me.

Tensions among the quarantined are getting high. I think people are suffering being homesick. It doesn't bother me too much, the woods are my home. Though I do so much want to take a bath in my hot spring. I just don't want to chance me changing and ruining the place. A woman named Jaelle seems especially out of sorts. I haven't paid too much attention to her though.

Badger also worries me. He's mopey and reckless. Hope that break up he had with Mia didn't hit him as hard as my own heartbreak.

• Entry 8

A while back, we found a gnome in the woods who was in poor shape. He said he was taken from his home and left in the woods for a hunt. Jerrick and I realized what he meant. The Great Hunt, a Malarite tradition to honor their god. Simply put, they hunt people. Jerrick did some scouting as a hawk then, and the Malarites were still weeks travel away.

The time finally came, so us Wolves decided to turn the tables on the Malarites and hunt them. It was a bloody fight. The Malarites were well prepared in number. That actually did work out well for us in some ways, as we were able to scavange healing potions from their fallen. We almost lost some of our own numerous times though.

Including me. Actually, I think I was dead, if only for a brief moment. I charged a lone archer who was picking us off while we fought his brethren. I thought to rip him down with my claws. Unfortunately, I didn't see that two more archers were just behind him. I got one swipe into him before they drove arrows into my chest.

I felt like I was floating in dark silence. A light shone down on me from above, and when I looked up at it, I saw Her face. Selûne. The light was comforting, soothing. She spoke to me, "Not yet, Child. Not now."

I woke with a jolt; the sound of battle around me. The Malarite archers stood above my body, shooting at my fellow Wolves. They were oblivious to the fact that I was alive.

She sent me back. There is a reason for me to be here.

We eventually did stop the Hunt. Their leader seemed rather impressed and conceded defeat. But we are sure we'll see them again next year. She hinted that Wolves might be the selected prey.

Afterward, we returned to the Den for tea. We officially invited Feather into the pack. She finally revealed some of her past. Her parents were not kind people, and abused her. She finally was able to run away and found her way here. It makes sense, now, how she resembles myself when I came to Norwick. Both of us abused, though granted my parents were not the abusers.

Near the end of the day I was alone with Jerrick again. He said that he was very relieved when Selûne's light graced my body and revived me.

He doesn't make it easy to get over him. I still feel pained.

It's the jealousy that scares me though.