Camp Bon Fire Rumors and Stories

• _Sounds of a skirmish and warcries from the Hobgoblins broke out in the pass near the camp, the noise carried as if on the wind. Clashing metal, snarled hobgoblin threats and their subsequent death cry, then silence.

Nothing unusual, save for the tall and dark-armoured figure emerging from the distance at great pace, his armor and black cloak standing out against the white of the snow, and carrying a blade nearly as tall as himself.

The man rounds a corner, leading to the spider woods from the Nars, pressing up against a rock and leaning over to listen for his pursuers. Two more figures emerge from the distance, hobgoblins following a trail, only to be ambushed by the swordsman waiting for them.

After dispatching them and making certain he had no more followers, the man covers his tracks and makes his way back towards the camp, collapsing in the cushions to seek rest._

((thanks to Nilla for helping me to remember how scary and fun it can be to play Arandor 🙂 ))

• _Aelthas has been seen sitting outside Jonnis tent, peeling six baskets of potatoes, muttering the whole time but never getting up to leave until they are done.

Afterwards, he simply stands and walks off out of camp, leaving the potatoes outside the tent._

• Corran let's it be known quietly around the Camp that Elder Lilin his wife was recently delivered of two beautiful baby girls, Naomi and Nycahh. All three are doing well at the Sisterhood house near Jiyyd but not yet receiving visitors except close family.

• Whispers spread around the camp about Nicahh and a huge worg looking dog she was walking through camp. Though the dog made no motions to harm anybody, those that approaced the two were asked to not get too close, a low growl coming from the blood covered wolf when they approached to quickly. Those who looked close enough noticed a thick collar around the dogs neck and a tag with the intials 'NV' hanging from the collar.

• News filters in that below ground, and often un-noticed, the fights continue. Groups of ogres over-run gnolls, and groups of gnolls slaughter ogres. Sometimes if appears that ogres are on the defensive, other times not. The only certain thing is that they are in conflict.

• Elor shrugs and wanders off, mumbling..
    "I thought the drow were the mean ones.."

• Sinu grunts and snaps at Elor:

"No help needed here, bard. This is something I have to do myself."

Without further word, she angrily continues on to the hidden pass and spits on every single spider she slays with her black arrows.

• Elor stalks over to Sinu'selira, offering his help in decyphering whatever needs to be decyphered.

• The spider-hunting, untidy archer of Shevarash known to some as Sinu'selira has lately been seen around the Camp - oddly enough - reading.

Not really a reader-type in appearance she also shows her true nature often enough, when she rages in frustration over the scroll she apparently tries to decipher. As a result, Lolth usually loses several leg-octets of pets…

//edited: typo

• Apparantly, Norwick might be expanding further into the pass. According to Elor, there was at least one Norwick Guard right outside the gypsy camp, standing around.. watching…

• Corran is seen often around camp and Jiyyd looking worried.

• A Massive Catlike beast was seen mauling (along with the help of a gargantuan pile dirt) and then pinning down a man in orange armor who kept calling her sister. The beast roared questions at the man, shouting at the humans who gathered around them, Rumor even said the beast dangled the man upside down like he was some sort of doll. Eventually all on looker left at the beasts insistence, and the woods fell mostly silent. Neither the beast nor the man were seen leaving to the roads or the camp. One rumor states that a large wolf like creature was chasing the Cat beast before they entered the gorge.

• _After their recent attack upon the gates of the camp, peace seems to settle. A strange… silent.... peace.....

Fewer and fewer ogres are being spotted in the Cold Caves._

• At two or three trees posters appear, advertising a Midsummer Festival.

((If there's any costs to be covered for placing the posters and/or keeping them in place, please contact me.))

• When Will hears Elor is looking for Eve, he'll seek Elor out.

"Elor, Eve disappeared a couple of years ago. No one has seen her since, and I have searched and found no trace.

I spoke with Seer as well - and she said Eve was gone, and that there was no way to reach her.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I miss her, myself."

• _Elor's asking around the camp where Eve went off to… and also, if there's any villains around the camp that need slaying, maidens to be rescued, dragon's hoards to be .. found, and other heroic tasks to be done.

Thirdly. He's looking for werewolves._

• A thin, red-headed and untidy elven woman known as Sinu has again been seen more frequently in the camp and in the hidden pass hunting "Llolth pets" with her deadly bow and arrows.

Much of the time she shies away from company, but more or less frequently she is seen asking around for guidance in the art of weave and especially in the destructive school of evocations.

• Raver reappears out of the woods as silently and as quickly as she left. She hears that Shane has been looking for her, nods curtly to the messenger giving him a small coin before going inside her small apartment within the nook

• A small group of a human, a dwarf and an elf report worriedly the sighting of a floating suit of armor in the pass. The elven wizard in particular seems to insist it was a construct radiating electricity that even on a distance it made his hair stand. The scared adventurers also admit that the thing chased them a bit around the pass and eventually stopped chasing them as they made their way into the vicinty of the gypsy camp, hoping to find aid there.

• Ragnhild can be overheard excitedly telling her daughter and their friends about a recent adventure involving a huge and fearsome beast, a strange mage's tower, various puzzles to solve and of course a good fight.

"Oh, of course we slay beast, of course! Did I? Uhm…I uhm...there bad magicks, ok? I helped smack mechanical things at least! defensive tone

Oh, no no Lycka….that toy not for playing vith! Lycka, NO! Have to show father before you go and break itt." snatches a strange looking figurine from Lycka's curious fingers