A Quest for Tyr - Kara Willendt's Diary

• ((OOC - Ah, a day that actually was relaxing for Kara.))

Entry 30 -

Kanen's doing well. I was worried at how he'd be after the ordeal with Seven, but he seems to have bounced back alright. Of course, he could just be hiding his pain well. He says that Seven is alright, too. I'm especially worried about her.

Hugh is not doing well after his dismissal from his monatary. While we were talking, he'd occasionally become overwhelmed by a pain and have to sit down. After a couple of times, I took a good look at him, bringing my medical knowledge to bear. His body seemed to be very stressed out, as if it was struggling against an unseen force. It turns out that since his order kicked him out, he's been having some troubles controlling his Ki. I fear he may burn himself out unless he finds a way to control his inner power.

Speaking of burning, Wilhelm showed us a neat trick. Reginald mentioned the standing stones in town, wondering what they were for. Wilhelm explained that they are druidic in nature, pointing out the runes. He then had us all stand in the center of the stones, so that he could show us their power. He called down a spell, surrounding the whole area around the stones with fire for a brief moment. The fire stayed out of the circle of stones though. Quite amazing really.

I met some more followers of Tyr today! There was a dwarf named Desil, who introduced himself as a Battle Cleric of Tyr. The title reminded me of Guir, and so I mentioned him. Turns out that Desil is Guir's brother! Small world, eh? There was also Andrio, a paladin of Tyr, and another who's name I can't remember. I also met a paladin of Selune. I guess there's a first for everything. Argh, what's his name? I even traveled with the man to make sure that he doesn't get killed by goblins and I don't remember his name?

Blame it on the many thoughts running around in my head.

Eh, maybe it's that I need some sleep.

• Entry 29 -

Dammit! So much I want to write down tonight, but I can't. I promised not to tell anybody, and that will include not even writing it down in my personal diary. It's tearing me up not being able to write out my thoughts about what I've been privy to. And I really need to do it, because I just don't know what to do about the situation that came up.

Braeth, you are really worrying me.

One thing I can talk about is that I saw Cera again. She's worrying me, too. I had thought she got over Sakura's death, but it seems I was wrong. It seems Cera has developed a separate personality of Sakura. Which I suppose shouldn't surprise me. She always has seemed kinda crazy. At least her Mojo personality has some form of reality as her familiar. Oh! I finally got to meet that big cat of hers. Magnificiant animal.

Well, I'm going to end this entry here before I'm tempted to write about the things I can't. Perhaps some extra prayers to Tyr will ease my mind and guide my heart.

Hey, I think I have a solution!

the next couple of pages appears to be torn neatly out of the diary

((OOC - The solution she came up with was to write down what she wanted to say, so that she has her thoughts straightened out, and then tore the pages out and tossed them into the fire.))

• _((OOC - Holy cow! Thanks Illum and Zwei for making setting up a great story for the rest of us to sink our teeth into. Everybody who got involved made last night a great RP night. It certainly was one of the best nights I ever had.

What's the best? Hmmm… I'm too much of a Libra, thus I can't decide. The night Tyr resurrected Kara was awesome because of what happened after the resurrection. Another high ranking night was when Kara returned to town after going insane. And finally, Kara's bonding to Braeth was a great night.

Anyways, on with the show!))_

Entry 28 -

The diary starts out with a couple of lines written, then crossed out, as if Kara had started to write something, then didn't like what she started. It appears this happened twice before the final writing.

Damn it! I just can't seem to find the right words to start tonights entry. My mind is such a jumble of thoughts and emotions. I suppose I should just start at the beginning and work my way from there.

I started off going out to find some friends to talk to. I really do enjoy being with friends. Especially nowadays, when the friendships help me to keep the Fear out of my mind. So, you can imagine my dismay that nobody seemed to be about. I briefly talked to that Garen character. He seemed nice enough but I'm still going to be a bit wary of him.

Meanwhile, I was really starting to get worried about my friends. I was getting disturbing feelings from Braeth. I could feel great concern for Seven and Kanen, and anger and hatred for Jubei, and frustration for not being able to catch the assassin. When Jade ran into me, I became even more concerned as she began to ask me where Seven was with a worried voice. She was about to head off in search of Seven, with me in tow even if she didn't want me, when Braeth and Wilhelm ran up. What they had to tell chilled me to the bone.

Seven was kidnapped by Jubei. Perhaps he realized she was spying on him. Kanen, Wilhelm, and Braeth dared a rescue mission for my sister of faith. They were successful in rescuing her alive, but it came out that Seven loved Jubei, even as he had her kidnapped and threatened her life. Surprisingly, Jubei cared for her as well. He couldn't follow through with his threats though, and ran off.

What makes this even more crazy is that Seven also has feelings for Kanen, and he has the same feelings for her. Poor Kanen. Poor Seven.

Jade asked about the death threats for Seven that I mentioned hearing about. I told her of the one that Kanen and Seven told me the other day, where the messenger looked like Steele, who was Jade's mentor killed by Jubei. We all decided that we should check Steele's grave. The thought that his body could be have been disturbed from it's final rest was quite disturbing, and we all hoped it was just coincidence that the messenger looked like Steele.

Alas, our fears were true. Steele's grave was dug up. I just can't describe the utter disgust I have for such an act. As I've mentioned before, my village would sometimes be plagued by necromancers defiling the graves of our dead. The sights of them raising undead for their own gains still brings anger to my eyes even now. My disgust with disturbing the dead is why I've asked Tyr for powers to battle the undead, even though the domain of power is not his typical. Even if Steele was not turned into an undead, the fact that he was disturbed from his final rest is enough to bring forth my anger. I just had a hard time believing that even Jubei would be involved in such an act. He seemed to have more honor.

As I sat at the grave with my friends, I felt much sorrow for Jade. I wanted to say something, but just couldn't find the words. The shock of what we saw just didn't allow me to be able to say anything. We suddenly were pulled out of our silent reflection by a couple of arrows fired at Jade, giving slight wounds. Immediately, we jumped up and gave chase to the source of the attack, not surprised to see Jubei. We were able to catch him and subdue the assassin.

Braeth placed him in jail and Jade proceeded to ask him questions to find out who sent him, what happened to Steele, and what else the “master” has in store for us. Surprisingly, Jubei did give over much of the information asked for. His master is a Red Wizard named Devon, who apparently is trying to avenge Jade for the death of another named Caleb. And this Devon apparently did arrange for Steele to be brought back to life. Even though Jubei said that Steele was truly alive and not undead, I still can’t help but feel disgust. Jubei always was talking that he’s on a mission of Justice, and before there was the chance that I could believe it, being a cleric of Tyr. But to do this to Steele is not Justice. Devon seeks Vengeance, and nothing else.

I just don’t know what to think about Jubei. At first, I despised him because he threatened a friend of mine. Then some curiosity as he spoke about trying to bring Justice. Anger at him for kidnapping Seven. Now, I think I pity him. He’s found love, but denies it because he sees it as a weakness. He thinks his feelings for Seven were foolish. Perhaps they were, as far as his mission of vengeance goes. But I cannot believe that love is ever foolish. I hope he realizes this someday. I wonder if he can be redeemed. I see potential for it.

May Tyr grant us a solution to this whole dilema.

• ((OOC - I was on for a while, got involved with the well problems, then started to talk to a new friend I made a few nights ago and my comp crashes. Mind you, I crashed in mid-conversation when I first met this person too. I couldn't get back in, though, because the server was full, full, full, full, and full. At 3 am EST. sigh))

Entry 27 -

Tired tonight, so I'll keep this short.

Saw Kanen and Seven today. I think I've seen them together quite often. I suspect they are getting attached to each other. Hee hee. Anyways, they were happy to hear that Braeth and I became bonded. They also asked me about my thoughts on a death threat for Seven that Kanen was given. Oddly enough, the person that gave Kanen the message looked like Steele, Jade's mentor. At least from the description that Kanen gave me. I wonder if this is somehow related to Jubei. I shall have to keep Seven in my prayers. She's been a good friend.

Things started to act weird at the well. AGAIN. Why can't this madness end? It seems the whole town is a wild magic zone now. Also, vampires started to appear at the well, and caused a little bit of havoc. Jore soon had Braeth gather the militia, Legion, and and a few other townsfolk to guard the well and keep people away from it. He also had a couple of people from Spellweaver take a look. There was a big town meeting about the situation and the final decision is that there will be a fence placed around the well and people must refrain from casting spells in town.

I briefly saw Nina again today. She was worried about me when I went running off before. Unfortunately I couldn't stay and talk with her.

((OOC - Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid computer and full server at 3 am!!!!))

• Entry 26 -

I have just had the happiest day of my life. Oh, my heart still goes pitter-pat when I think of it. Braeth and I have performed the Elven Bonding ceremony. We are now one.

Karion, Elle and Wilhelm joined us for the journey to the Elven Encampment, as we invited each to the ceremony, but the elves would not allow Wilhelm in because he is half-human. I feel so bad for him. He deserves to be allowed in more than myself! Sure, I’m bonding with an elf, but he is the result of such a union. Well, I’m sure I wouldn’t be allowed in again, so I will forever count myself blessed for seeing the place.

Calendall performed the ceremony, and it was a nice experience. I was asked to come forward to speak of what I knew about the elves and what it meant to be an elf. I had to search my heart for a moment to find the right words to say what I felt. When I did speak, the words flowed out very easily though.

I’ve gotten to be friends with a handful of elves, and noticed one thing that easily sets them apart from my other friends. They have great loyalty to those they care about. Karion did all he could to see me raised when I first died, not giving up hope even when some force seemed to block the attempt. Braeth pulled me from the deepest pit of despair and fear, restoring my mind, faith, and spirit. I’ve even seen this loyalty in good ol’ Tyger, who was always willing to help my father. Ah, good ol’ Tyger. I always looked forward to the times when he’d invite me to his ranger camp. He used to love telling me stories, and was often better than some bards I’ve met. And the wonderous sights of the forest he’d show me, like a sunset over a mountain valley or the moonlight filtering through a particular grove of trees.

To me, an elf should be someone who shows great loyalty to friends and family, loves and appreciates the forest around us, and is always willing to sit down and share stories and good times. That’s what I’ve seen in all my elven friends.

Braeth, Elle, and Karion then gave me some brief of elves, their gods, and history. I know that it was only a few drops of knowledge when compared to all that I could learn, but it was appreciated all the same. I think Calendall was pleased. After, Braeth and I prepared ourselves for the rest of the ceremony. We both looked radiant our clothes for the occasion. The elven silk is like nothing else.

Calendall called on the Seldarine to give us their blessings for our union. We then seperated the bracelet that signifies our bonding, each taking half. Suddenly I felt a rush in my head and heart as Braeth’s feelings became one with mine. I must admit, it will take some getting used to feeling exactly what he feels, but it’s not really uncomfortable. Just different. I feel stronger from his feelings for me.

When we left the encampment, we were greated at the gate by Vashere and another who’s name I didn’t hear. They told us that Vinessa had tried to crash our ceremony, and killed many of the elven rangers that guarded the gate. In the end, she and her minions were driven away. That witch!! Can she not allow a joyous occasion to occur without some misery?

I did get some presents to congratulate our Bonding ceremony. Vashere gave me a wonderful suit of half plate armor. It’s a little heavier than the banded mail I wear, but the extra weight isn’t too bad, especially now that I feel strengthened by the bonding. I still need to go have it’s colors changed to the Legion colors though. I still have to thank him for it. Perhaps later today.

Coin also gave me a present, something he hopes would help keep the demons of my mind at bay. It was a vial of some kind of liquid, looks very thick and black. I’m not sure what it is, but I appreciate the thought anyways.

Braeth looks so cute when he’s asleep. I think he’s having a pleasant dream right now. I should go back to bed as well, but I just needed to write down my thoughts.

there is a small doodle on the bottom of the page. While not very artful, one can clearly make out that it is a picture of two people, an elven male and a human female, embracing each other in a forest full of trees

• Entry 25 -

Forgive me if I keep things simple and brief in describing the recent events. I've got quite a headache from my last Fear attack.

Kanen and Fishel are part of Legion now. Fishel is going to be helping me with the temple. He and I talked for a little while, he found Char's body and gave it to me for a proper burial. We got talking about Jason's god. Rashid overheard me and we invited him and Karli to our table. I've heard of Karli, but never met her. She asked us some tough questions about faith and the gods, specifically on gods giving help, or lack thereof. Quint had joined us, and obviously cares nothing for the gods, as he feels they care nothing for us. Karli's troubled, and I can sympathise with her. Perhaps I can talk one-on-one sometime.

Quint said something that really pissed me off. He said love was worthless and wasn't something to be bothered with. That comment angered me so much, much more than any of his criticizing of the gods. Love is what kept me alive in the dark days when my mind was gone. Love is what brought me back from that world. Without Braeth’s love, I’d be dead.

A little halfling girl by the name of Nina came in and told us strange fires broke out at the well. We left to investigate, and sure enough the well was acting strange again. Jore enlisted the help of Legion to keep the townsfolk away from the well for a while, as there was obvious danger. Thing seemed to return to normal, except for magic, as it seemed the town became a Wild Magic zone. Cera got injured from a spell gone wild. Also, she seemed to become blind when near the well, only able to see magic. I think the Wild Magic may have been messing up her connection to that elusive Mojo. Kanen, Coin, myself, and a couple of others took Cera north to the Nars Pass, so that we could heal her. Cera didn’t want to come back to town, but I didn’t want her to wander the Nars Pass where she could get hurt by bandits, and convinced her to return with me.

Braeth showed up then, and I told him things were going funny around the well again. And it appeared they still were. Strange flashes of magic, earthquakes, spells gone wild… I could feel the Fear trying to take over, and kept it under control for quite a while. But I finally succumbed to the Fear when I was hurt by a spell failure of Garen’s. After I came out of my nightmare world, I decided to get some sleep.

Vashere is right not to want to sit near that well. The evil is too much.

• Entry 24 -

I got to talk to Karion again. Tass, his friend, has been found and raised. He's concerned, though, because the death seems to have affected her. I can completely sympathize with her. I gave him some encouraging words that she should get better in time. Look at me, I was a paranoid lunatic after my death at the well, and now I'm at least mostly normal again. I got to invite Karion to the Elven bonding ritual, and he said he would try to make it.

I also ran into Vashere and Eledaar. They seemed to have some concerns on their mind, especially Eledaar. I joined them in the inn to hopefully talk about it. Unfortunately, Eledaar didn't want to talk of his concerns that plagued him. I could sense that it was something he was uncomfortable to talk about, so I didn't press the issue.

Jason Malthor, also of the Legion, joined us. I had gotten to briefly talk to him about his god, Athanatos Farstrider. By his description, Athanatos seems to be very similar to Tyr. Both strive for Justice. Perhaps this is Tyr in another guise?

Vashere asked me again if I was planning to accept his offer to have the temple built with his outpost. Since it seems that I'm the only one left persuing this goal (Char is dead, Maddoxxx and Alex are missing, and She's…) I decided to take some initiative and accept the offer. I really feel the need to see this temple built, for Charbonneau and for myself. Since the temple will be housed in the Legion's outpost, this will make me a Blade of the organization. This means basically that I'm one of the people in charge. I didn't exactly mean to have joined the Legion, but now that I think about it, I'm comfortable with the idea. They exist to serve the Justice and the greater good. They will need spiritual guidance in this goal.

Thus, since he had four of his seven Blades gathered (including himself), he decided to hold a council meeting to discuss some matters of important business. The first thing we made a decision on was to focus on member quality over quantity. Initially, they were focused on quantity, since they really did need members. But now that they have a good number, it is the right time to switch to quality. "Tempering our strength," as I put it.

Second was to decide when to consider members inactive due to absense and when to remove due to extended absense. We each pretty much decided that 3 months of absense would place a member on the inactive list, and after one year removed completely.

At this point, Jason had to leave us. However, we were soon joined by Pip, Braeth, and a newly recruited member by the name of Naarel. While Naarel wasn't a Blade, the rest were so Vashere decided to continue the council meeting. Naarel was allowed to listen in. We next addressed the one known as Sherk, considering our new policy of quality over quantity. We all felt that this half-orc was too quick to raise his weapon. His rashness could jeapordize a mission. I specifically recalled an incident where Sherk and Braeth came across a bugbear who started to talk in common. Braeth wanted to find out what message the bugbear was going to give, but Sherk immediately killed the creature before he could give it.

We also tossed back and forth some ideas on how to better our image. Many people have misconceptions of the Legion. I don't think we made any real decisions on what to do other than work on bettering the quality of our members and making ourselves look less like a bunch of mercenaries and more like an organized group like an order of knights.

After the council meeting, Braeth and I met up with Jade, Wilhelm, and Hugh. I also passed by Cera, who seems to have gotten over her child’s death well enough (much to my relief). Unfortunately, Braeth got called away on militia business. Hugh was bothered by his recent trip to his monestary. It seems that he's been forever banned from it, for he allowed outsiders to witness techniques he learned there. Their loss, I say, for he's a good man.

As we talked, a shadowy form appeared amongst us. It was shaped like a man in very sinister, spikey armor, but was so pitch black that light did not reflect off it at all. The sudden appearance of it, especially so close to the well, scared me to the bone, and I felt my Fear suddenly rise. I was able to stay together until I tried to chant a protective spell. I chanted the spell perfectly, but I heard no answer from Tyr. The comforting aura of protection did not fill me, just like the healing spell that failed me earlier on the night I died.

That's when my Fear became absolute and I succumbed to it. Demons again surrounded me, and the lights around the well were very bright. I tried a couple of times to regain control, but when I came close, that Black Shadow appeared again sending me back into my paranoia. Finally, I snapped out of my Fear, awaking to a worried Wilhelm, Jade, and Hugh. They were very worried about me, not understanding what has happened to me. They thought the Shadow had some connection to me, but that was not the case. In fact, the shadow appeared again to me, and as it left, I heard the words, "Not yet my time." It seems the thing was looking for a specific person.

I quickly gave an explanation to my friends of what happened to me since that awful night at the well. We all decided to all get some sleep. I felt awful though. Again I allowed myself to succumb to my Fear. The advice that Ruri gave me was forgotten about when it hit me. The lack of answer to my prayer chant also bugs me. I feel as if I failed myself. I performed a blessing chant to see if Tyr had forsaken me, but found the blessing of Tyr fill me. I guess I haven't failed Tyr yet, though I feared I did. Perhaps magic is again acting funny around the well...

As these thoughts swam through my head, Vashere called me over, he wanted to tell me something. We headed to a secluded building. He told asked me if I knew anything about a paladin of Tyr by the name of Killthorn. I told him that I've heard of the man, and that he was a paladin, but I didn't know he followed Tyr and never really met him. Vashere warned me that he felt Killthorn isn't as he says he is. He believes that the man has lied twice to him, and one result of the lying was allowing a probably ally of Vinessa to go free. He also said he doesn’t trust a few of the militia members.

This all set me on a bit of a depressed mood. This town suffers so much, and it seems that evil lies within in as well as around and under it. A man saw me walk by the well sadly and asked me what was wrong. I told him how it seems this town suffers so. The man, Kelden I think his name was, gave me a few words of encouragement by telling me of how he’s found many helpful people in this town. I’m thankful he took the time to speak to me, as by doing so he reminded me not that I should never give up hope.

• ((OOC - Last night was NOT a good night computer-wise. I got bugged out of Narfell, and then could not get back in for about an hour because the server was full and my game kept crashing and crashing and crashing and crashing and crashing and crashing. I almost wanted to shoot the computer and put it out of my misery. The sad part is that I’M STILL PAYING FOR THE DAMN THING!!))

Entry 23 -

I was hoping that the bonding ceremony would have happened today, but alas things just weren't ready. I tried to invite Karion, but I only got as far as to tell him that we planned to be bonded when he had to leave. Perhaps I should send him a message.

I also talked with Kanen. He seems well, but is shamed at things he did the other night. I'll admit that I have a vague notion of what happened, but I won't ask for more detail because I feel it has something to do with Her.

I saw Braeth briefly, he was upset because there was a person who claimed to know where Vinessa's lair is, but would not reveal the location because he does not want to chance having foolish people find out and try to go after her and get killed. Braeth's upset because he feels the man should at least give the information to the militia. I would have liked to spend more time with Braeth, but I had to go attend to something. ((OOC - Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid computer!!!!))

I also got to see Ruri today. It seems we both were having troubling thoughts. I talked about the night we both died and how it scarred my mind and how the nightmares haunt me. She gave me a good piece of advice on how to handle the Fear, something that never occurred to me before. She said I should accept the fear as part of me. Accept the fact that I'll be scared. All this time I've been trying to ignore the fear and drive away the nightmare images that induce it, but they only get stronger the more I struggle. Perhaps I should try a different approach. I'll try to remember it when the Fear next strikes me. My only question is what do I do when I have accepted the Fear. Even if I accept it, won't I still be a scared little girl? There is another piece to this puzzle I think.

Ruri mentioned something that indicated that she has something haunting her, but worse than my Fear. She decided to answer my question of what was troubling her, because we've been through terrible times together. What she told me chilled my bones. I won't repeat it here, because it's certainly a secret only she should tell. She has every right to envy me though. The decision she eventually faces is one I would not wish on anybody.

I did find out who the other person that died with me was, Taren. He also appears completely normal to me, with no phantom demons. That proved my theory about Ruri.

I also saw Cera today. I'm very worried for her. She mentioned that Sakura still hasn't awaken. I asked to see her, though I already knew what I would see. Little Sakura is dead. Cera clings to her, hoping Mojo will somehow make her wake up. I can't blame her for not wanting to let her go, but I know she will have to eventually. I truly hope that the pain of her child's death does not extinguish her child-like innocence. I must find some way to keep her together through this dark time for her.

Much suffering in this town. May Tyr give us all the strength to overcome it.

• _((OOC - Damn, I’ve written a lot in these past few weeks. So far I’ve been keeping up with my goal of posting one entry per game session. Since I play almost everyday, that means that I spend a good amount of my free time writing diary entries. I haven’t written this long and consistently for quite a while. RPing Kara has been a great experience which has inspired me to write these long diary entries. I write because I really do enjoy it, and it helps me to sort out what the character is thinking and feeling. The praise I’ve gotten is great too. I’d say also the XP, but as you can see it’s been a LONG time since Gimley or any other DM has actually awarded me any (I think it’s been almost 3 weeks now).

I’m a bit stuck on something though. I’m not sure how I want Kara to overcome her Fear. She has been getting a lot of help from Braeth and her friends, but truly, I don’t see their help as the final solution. Right now, her Fear is causing two problems. The first is that when she is confronting the focal point of the Fear (the events at the well, especially Justinia) she is overtaken by the intense fear and runs around like a scared little girl. The second is that her confidence is still pretty shattered, as can be evidenced by the hard time she is having casting spells. The way I see it, she needs to regain that confidence and then confront her Fear head on. Now, how to exactly do that?

BTW, as of this entry and counting all the OOC comments I’ve made throughout it, I’ve written about 25 pages if you use the default template in MS Word.))_

Entry 23 -

I’ve been more relaxed lately. Only because nobody has mentioned Her around me. It felt good not to suddenly go into a fit, although I did almost get overwhelmed once. Just some people talking about the events that happened while I was present, but they understandably stopped the conversation as they saw it bothered me.

Vashere requested to talk to Braeth, Erugar, myself, and another person who’s name I don’t recall. He wanted to tell us about some things concerning the well. He told of how there used to be an ancient and powerful civilization many, many years ago on the very spot that Narfell is located. These ancients had weapons of great power. There is an evil power under the well, possibly the same power that controls Vinessa. This power is seeking one of the ancient weapons.

Oddly, Vashere does not know about the events that took place around the well that led to my insanity. If Braeth doesn’t talk to him later about it, I think I’ll have to show him what I wrote in my journal. I know it’d be better to try to tell myself, but I’d rather not recall the memories and temp the Fear to overtake me again.

In lighter news, Braeth and I did some footwork to get things prepared for the Elven Bonding ritual. We were able to have the local tailor craft us very wonderful outfits from an elven silk. The clothing looks absolutely stunning. The green is so vivid and shimmers different shades as light hits it from various angles. And the cloth feels as light as a feather, and smoother than anything I’ve ever known. We also made a trip south to the Elven encampment so that Braeth could talk to Rethe, the elder. Members of the Legion accompanied us. Rethe promised to get the necessary bracelet for the ceremony, but said he’d be unable to perform it because he does not know how to adapt it to include a human in the bonding. But he did tell us who could find that out, the wizard of Spellweaver Keep. So back to town we returned, and talked to him. I was a bit uncomfortable being in the Keep again, as it is connected to the terrible memories of that awful night, but I was able to remain calm. The wizard was happy to hear of our love for each other and promised to research the proper ritual for us and perform it.

Unfortunately, only those of Elven blood, and myself of course, are going to be allowed to attend the ceremony. We will also have a human wedding ceremony that everyone will be invited to at a later date though. I know Braeth asked Wilhelm and Erelad to be in attendance, but I think I need to invite Karion, if possible. Karion was one of the first friends I made when I arrived in Norwick, and the fact that he was trying to have me raised when I first died proves that he is a great friend. It would be a shame if he wasn’t invited.

Oh! More good news. Cera is back in town, and she’s given birth to a wonderful daughter. The little girl’s name is Sakura. Cera told me that after the awful night she went to a city called Sigel. I never heard of the place, but I’m glad that she did find some place to be safe. I told her of how the night had scarred my mind and I went insane. Cera responded that I should not worry, I’ll become as sane as Mojo within time. Now I’m not sure if a talking voice in your head is sane, but to her it is. Heck, I think I’d rather have a voice like Mojo in my head instead of seeing phantom demons on every person…

• Entry 22 -

I’m sorry for the abrupt end of the last entry. My demon world clawed at me again. Just thinking about… Her... conjures unbelievable fear in me. I see her in my mind, as a demon... and then the phantom demons overtake reality...as the fear grips me... I can’t shove the demon of Her from my mind like I can with everyone else. Hers is the one demon that was True. Can’t help that I died while trying to reason with Her.

It shames me how I turn into such a pathetic, crazed fool who’s driven so blindly by fear. Braeth keeps saying it’s not my fault, but it partially is. I let the fear overcome me and now I have to fight to drive it away. It tires me so.

I was quite surprised when I saw Ruri today. She has no demon image. Braeth has long been the only person I see fully as a normal person without a phantom demon in my mind. This is because he was my one hope that held a shred of sanity when my mind was shattered. But now Ruri doesn’t have one. I couldn’t help but voice my wonder at seeing another face without a demon. I realized I was not making any sense to people who heard me, even Coin. And considering Coin has spent lots of time with Cera, I really must have sounded like a lunatic.

So I explained to him how I had lost my sanity for a while, and talked about the events that lead to my death, though it was painful to recall them. They conjure the Fear and demons... But I stayed strong enough to ignore the Fear. I had a purpose in trying to recall what happened. I had a feeling that something that happened that night kept my mind from forming a demon image of Ruri. When I got to the part where I died, I immediately realized what it was.

She died that night as well. I have a vague memory of seeing her on the Fugue plane with me. I’m so glad that I solved that mystery, but now I have two more questions. How can this new revelation be used to help end my torturous Fear? And who was that other person who died? I know there was another with me on the Fugue plane, but I can’t recall the face.

The next paragraph’s penmanship gets progressively shakier

Many times today did the Fear overtake my mind. I must be driving Braeth crazy, but he just says some words of encouragement and helps give me strength to return to reality. Most of the times it was because J ink blot because She was mentioned in my presence. But I also ink blot and jagged line So hard to write it, but must. I m ust b e stro ng.

To day I saw JuSTinIa.

large inkblot

• ((OOC - Cera is right. It is fun playing a person who isn’t quite right in the head. ^.^ ))

Penmanship has improved for the most part. The writing seems only to be rough when writing about something fearful.

Entry 21 -

I’ve realized in these past few days how much I truly missed living as a normal person and seeing friendly faces. It’s odd though, returning to having a normal life is like putting on an old shirt. The shirt just doesn’t feel like it fits the same as remembered.

Braeth and I left the inn today and we headed toward the well. He was suddenly attacked for no apparent reason by a person. He knocked the attacker out, but when the man awoke, he proceeded to attack Braeth again! Braeth was about to arrest the man, but he ran away. Braeth wondered why he did that. I offered that perhaps the man was crazed by fear like I was, but instead of fleeing, he chose to fight.

I then turned to walk toward the well, as I saw Kanen and Seven there and wanted to speak with them. The lights… they still appear around the well. I just have to keep reminding myself that they aren’t real now. Kanen and Seven were glad to see me, and Kanen even had a few of my belongings that I lost when I was killed... on that... night. Just some of my outfits and my healer’s kit. It was comforting to see the two concerned about me.

Kanen then asked Seven if she’d like to accompany him to the Nars Pass to fight off some bandits. Braeth asked if he and I could also join them. I think he was wanting me to get into battle to build up my courage again. I just wish he didn’t brag about my healing being helpful. I’m still stumbling on the simplest of prayers and chants. Not wanting to disappoint Braeth, I agreed to go. A halfling swordswoman by the name of Drudd also joined us. She has a rough personality at first, but I think she’s a good person at heart. Definitely very skilled with her sword. The only thing that worries me is that Kanen told me that she’s spoken a few times to... to Vinessa.

We traveled the Nars Pass, driving off the bandits very easily. I doubt I was much help though. Braeth’s bow seemed to fell bandits before I even realized they were there. Kanen, Seven, and Drudd also seemed to bring bandits to their knees in only one or two blows. I flung as many rocks as I could at some bandits, which I suppose at least distracted a few. At one point I was being attacked by two bandits, and got hit pretty hard, but the others were ready to defend me as I fell back. I tried a couple of times to chant a healing spell, but again, I tripped up on a few words, much to my disappointment.

Braeth had to leave, and the rest of us returned to town and sat by the well. I told Kanen of how I still see images of demons on top of the real people that I see. He jokingly replied that it was the first time he’s ever been called a demon. “Time will heal your wounds,” he says as he saw my sadness at the situation. But how long? After all, time was what allowed the wounds to dig deep. I appreciate his kindness though.

People shouted of how Atol was on a ramage through the Nars Pass. He apparently traveled down and killed a person at the mine. Many people gathered at the North Gate to plan a party to drive the chief of the bandits back. I went there to see them off, but I wasn’t going to go. Atol is too powerful a foe for me to handle, especially in my condition. Karion also arrived. He kind of startled me at first though. The helmet he wore made the demon image start to come to life, but as soon as I heard his voice and he removed the helm, the fear subsided.

I talked with him for a few minutes, telling him of my unfortunate troubles. Then something Kanen said seemed to carry through the many conversations going on and rang out in my head. Suddenly, all I could see around me were demons, and fear was squeezing my heart. The paralyzing nightmare world washed over me for a few minutes, though it felt like an eternity. After reality returned to me, I found myself collapsed on the ground with Karion hovering over me.

He was very worried about what happened, and I told him how something Kanen said had caused the attack. Karion wasn’t sure what it could have been, and said how Kanen’s been worried about a missing paladin. Something about what he said tugged at me, not just fear but also concern. I have many paladin friends. So I asked him to elaborate. All I can remember of what he next said are the words “sUCcubUs” and “Ju jagged line running across the page

• ((OOC - Well, I had fun RPing an insane Kara. I’m actually quite flattered that I had search parties looking for me. Of course, as you will see from this latest entry, Kara’s not clear of her problem yet. Oh, and this took too long to write, mostly because I got distracted by The Man in the Iron Mask_, but party because it's huge and full of emotion.))_

The penmanship of this entry is rough, giving the impression that the author is trying to reacquaint herself with the act of writing.

Entry 20 -

It feels strange to be writing again. It’s good, but it feels like years ago when I wrote my last entry. In actuality, only 6 weeks have past since the fateful day that fueled the nightmares that haunted me. They haunt me still, but now I have the strength to fight them.

In the days that followed the madness at the well, I hid in the woods, fearing for my life. The events of that day terrified me, and the terror seemed even greater after I was raised. The images I witnessed that day sank into my very soul, chilling it. During the day, I had little to eat, surviving on the food rations I carried and berries and fruit I was able to find. Every night, the images replayed themselves in my dreams, tearing at my mind. Progressively, the nightmares got worse, as my fears and deluded mind fueled them with more horrifying images.

The nightmares… It hurts so much to think about them, the fear is so paralyzing. I must write about them though. It will do me no good to react to the fear by running from it. I’ve done that for far too long, at the expense of my sanity.

It starts out with me visiting the well in town to see friends. Many friends appear to greet me. I think all show, but it seems I have too many friends to be sure. Braeth never appears though. We all talk, having a good time. As the day becomes night, I notice strange lights appearing around the well. Justinia and I investigate. Though I don’t make the observation in the dream they are the same lights as... as before. Then the earth shakes. I fall down. As I get helped back up, I turn to Justinia and a jagged line streaks across the page Sorry, the image… it’s so strong. I saw Justinia as as as... a demon. She tries to convince me to enter the light. I real back, turn to other friends for help, but another jagged line Demons everywhere. Another tremor, and I feel like I’m falling forever, with demons closing jagged line which turns into a rip

I’m okay. I needed to stop for a while. Even though I know it to be a dream, it still grips my mind with an icy grasp. Pure fear is all I can feel when I’m conjure them in my head. It is this paralyzing fear that led me to madness. My lack of good food must also have played some part. I started to see the demons while awake. Every noise I heard in the woods would seem like a roar of a demonic beast. Every person, friend or foe, that I happened to see was a demon. The daytime images contributed to the fear, which made the nightmares worse, which made the day worse, etc.

A viscious cycle that nearly stripped all of my sanity away. I lived on instinct alone for those many weeks. Quite like an animal, really. A timid rabbit. My concerns only were for a place to hide, food to eat, and staying away from the demons. Demons which seemed to be everywhere. I even believed my god had forsaken me. Of that, I feel most ashamed, and I pay for it now. I know my god hasn’t forsaken me, but I can’t help but choke when invoking his name.

I surely would have been completely lost if it wasn’t for Braeth’s amulet. He was the only one in my dreams that was untouched by the demons, for he wasn’t there. I have great love for him, and he has for me. He gave me that amulet as a way for him to protect me even if he wasn’t there. That amulet, and the love and thoughts that were connected to it, was my small life raft in the chaotic sea of paranoia that I was adrift in.

If I only had the courage earlier to have sought help, I may not have descended so far into my madness. It’s fortunate, then, that I did finally run out of food. Otherwise, I’d still be cowering in the woods. After I could find no more food, I realized that I would have to return to town to find some. Could you believe that I almost… I almost chose to die, rather return to a town in which I believed was full of demons. And even if I was able to find food and get out, I was still surrounded by demons. Better to die, than continue in my unending hell. Again, Braeth’s amulet saved me, by giving me enough hope that he would one day find me.

So I returned to town, injured by bandits (to me they were demons), scared out of all my wits, and hungry enough to eat ten horses. I was able to sneak in without much notice, and proceeded to search around the town for some food. Every person I saw, appeared as a demon. The well still had it’s glowing lights in my mind. Some people approached me, wanting either help or greet me. I ran screaming, thinking a demon was going to get me. I hope people aren’t too offended at me calling them demons.

Then, a voice called out, piercing through all the fear. It was my name, being called by Braeth. He must have heard my screaming. His voice, so full of worry and concern, stopped me in my tracks. Never in my life have I felt so much relief. I threw myself at him, breaking down and crying hysterically. He comforted me and gave me some food. Friends surrounded to make sure I was okay, but to me, they still appeared to be demons, and I’m afraid I acted as such. Braeth decided to take me to his refuge in the woods, where he could take care of me while I relax and get better.

He fed me, comforted me, and reminded me of who I was. He even used an elven ritual to join our minds so that he could take some of the burden of my fear from me. He also proposed to me. My disappearance shook him deeply, and made him realize how much he loves me. And I slept in his arms, and it was the first peaceful nights sleep I had in a long time. The nightmare did come for me that night, but Braeth was there in my dream to take me away from it. My Braeth, my rescuer, my Love.

Unfortunately, I’m not fully recovered. Braeth opened my mind back to reality, letting me see people for what they truly are. But the images of demons overlaps. The fear and paranoia is still in me, despite Braeth’s aid to banish it. As long as I try to concentrate on the true images, I can keep the fear away. It was harder to do so when I approached the well, though. In fact, all I could see when looking at the well is the lights. While I can ignore a demon image on, for example, Vashere, I can’t ignore the lights around the well. The lights were very real on that night I died, so the image is stronger.

I’m not completely cured of this affliction of the mind, but I’ve at least regained much of my former life. I only hope that I’m strong enough to keep the fear away for good.

• There appears to be some strange marks on this page, nothing resembling letters, but a few of them almost look like they could be. A large blotch of ink covers the bottom of the page.

((OOC - Please read the other thread I started, "A Descent into Madness - Kara's Crises" for better details of what is going on. Braeth should now be considered to have this diary in his possession and anything up to this entry can be used as IG knowledge by him.))

• ((OOC - Warning: The following entry may contain great fits of emotion. Kara's started off okay, went bad, was starting to look hopeful, and then went straight to hell. No handbasket, that would have been too comfortable a ride. Read on and see… Yes, expect SEVERE repercussions resulting from this day. ))

The following entry has various ink smudges from what apparently would be water drops, as if Kara was crying as she wrote it.

Entry 19 -

My mind reels from all that has happened tonight. Where to start? My smudgele world seems to have been turned upside dsmudge. Braeth, where are you? Though I still have smudge amulet, it brings little comfort… it’s you I need.

Sorry, I just broke down crying again. I’m so lonely out here in the woods, yet I smudge’t dare move from my hiding place. The town… strange lights... Justinia! Too painsmudge to remember it all. Why, Justinia, w_smudge_?

Must take my mind off it. Write about some_smudge_g else. Cera is having a baby. The father is Coin. The baby is not due for many months. The couple seem very happy, and Mojo too.

I saw Charbonneau again… and for the last time. He told me he was going to take a journey and may not return, instructing me to see that his mentor’s relics find a place in the temple when finished. A while later, a friend, Toric I think his name was, came and gave me news that Charbonneau had fallen to the undead of the crypt. At the same time, I felt that his soul has gone to Tyr, forever leaving the mortal world behind. This is the first person close to me that has passed on, and it hit me hard. I wish Braeth was there, I needed him to hold me, but at least I had friends like Kanen, Fishel, and Toric to comfort me and offer sound words of advice. I will not cry for Charbonneau any more, as no tears are needed. He has gone to Tyr’s side, and I know he’s watching down on me. The temple shall be to honor his memory.

I went to see Justinia to tell her of Charbonneau’s death. And… that’s... That’s when things went crazy... As we talked, I noticed strange lights form around the well. We investigated, and mo_smudge_ appeared. T_smudge_ the earth shook. Many times did smudge shake. And magics acted funny. A prayer of healing _smudge_t unanswered by Tyr. We all were frightened. Vego, Ruri, and I headed to Spellweaver Keep, as I recalled that Fishel smudge asked by Eledaar to join him there just after Fishel comforted me. Fishel, Kanen, Eledaar, and Verix were there. All engaged in working magics on a ring. smudgething about a soul. Vego, Ruri, and I decided to leave them at their work. But it was obvious that wsmudge they were doing was connected to the strange events. We headed back to the well.

Back to Hell. Justinia w_smudge… By Tyr, I can’t smudgen write it… So painful smudge think of it… Justinia became psmudgesed by a… Tyr, why her? Wsmudge? She tried to bring others and myself to the lights. I tsmudge_ talking to her, reason with her… An explosion of magic... so much pain... smudgen darknes… I see smudge Fugue plane… Then suddenly starsmudge up at Amisee… I realize I was dead, and she revived me. I still have my bel_smudge_ings this time. Glad I didn’t lose smudge rings and amulet. Realize that I’m just past the North Gate, I head back, but hear shouting of _smudge_le seeing Vinessa. THAT WITCH! Is she the cause? Can’t go back smudge town… It’s madness to return... Madness!

Hiding smudge woods now… Must hide...

Braeth... I n_smudge_d you…

Braeth...

• Entry 18 -

Again, the meeting to plan our temple was not to be. None of my fellow followers of Tyr were able to arrive. However, I was able to keep the day from being a waste. I met Seven, Fade, and a few others at the well. While we were talking, a person arrived, and asked if we could escort her and her friends to the mines. Kanen, Fade, Lolita, Seven, and I decided to help her. We had a nice little adventure fighting some bandits. I thought it went well, although Kanen and the others agreed that we came close to disaster when we were facing the Baron.

When we came back I was pleased to see Karion. I haven't seen the elven ranger for quite a while. He explained that he had made a trip to Shadowdale. The trip went very well. While I was talking to Karion, I noticed Braeth approach the square. He was stopped by a little girl who was quite impressed with him. She was quite cute, and I must say he treated her very well.

Afterward, Braeth came to talk to us. He mentioned how he heard a rumor that some bandits were gathering for a meeting to the north, and asked if anybody would like to join him. A large group of us decided to go, but we only went part ways up the Nars Pass before Braeth realized that some members of the group weren't disiplined enough for this mission. They were just thinking of charging right in, when we'd need to infiltrate, as we'd be passing by Atol and he is not a person to be trifled with.

So just Braeth, myself, Kanen, and a mage named…. named... Darnit! I can't remember it. I'll probably remember it later. Anyways, we made our way north to investigate these rumors. We faced quite a few bandits on the way, finding a note about the meeting on one such bandit. We kept going north on Nars Pass, and soon came close to where Atol resides. From what I've heard, he's in charge of the bandits, and very skilled and dangerous to fight. The meeting seemed like it was further north, so instead of facing Atol, the mage made us invisable and we slipped past him without incident. We finally found the location of the meeting and faced a large number of bandits, but through the skills and organization of our group, we swiftly defeated and broke up the meeting.

Mission accomplished, we headed back to town. Unfortunately, as I was heading to bed, I noticed that the outfit that Braeth had bought many weeks ago is missing. It must have fell out of my pack. I'll admit it was a tad more racy than what I usually wear, and perhaps not the best color for me, but it was a nice outfit. Oh well, perhaps I'll be able to get another like it at the tailor.

• ((OOC – Yes, I do plan to post the tale of my father that I told from this last game session. At least for Braeth, who missed at least half of it.))

Entry 17 -

So much for my plans today. My fellow friends of Tyr and I were going to get together to start forming plans for the temple we wish to build. Unfortunately, Justinia was the only one I saw, and she got dragged into quite an unpleasant ordeal before she could even sit and chat with me.

When I first came to the well to wait for my friends, there was a large group of people gathered. Most were there just to see what was going on, of course. At the center of the group, I noticed Erelad engaged in an loud, argumentative discussion with a small woman (halfling perhaps?) named Doli. Erelad had accused Doli of being a demon, saying that he had her journal which had the proof. Doli immediately became enraged and demanded her journal back, even going so far as to punch him in the face a few times. Erelad, much to his credit, did not retaliate and instead walked away. A couple of the militia, Justinia being one of them, still involved themselves in an argument with Doli. A few of the onlookers tried, successfully I might add, to make matters worse by taking Doli’s side. Her eyes glowed red when she became angry! How in Tyr’s name could a person not think she’s a demon?

A fight eventually broke out, as the militia tried to arrest Doli. Unfortunately, I was knocked around in and fell, thus I didn’t clearly make out the fight. When I got up, I saw that it was over, and Jore had taken charge. He was talking of having the militia arrested for attacking Doli! My mind reeled from this turn of events. Verix, the mage that inspected the crystal for Imphras, stood by Doli giving her council and also twisting everything the militia said and did toward her favor. Luckily there were a few enlightened souls who stood up for the militia, and Jore instead decided to take everybody to the mayor for an immediate trial. Only those that were directly involved in the affair were allowed entrance, which is probably a good thing, as a crowd would likely have made the situation worse.

In the mean time, I sat by the well, quite upset at having my evening ruined. A healer named Fishel overheard me as I aloud wondered if I should stay and hope my friends would show or head back to the inn. He asked, “Would you rather have a good story, or a good night’s sleep?” I replied that I always loved stories, because of my mother being a bard. He sat down and asked me to tell him of my mother. I told him a little bit of Mama, and then the conversation switched to Papa. I found myself telling the story of how my father, Jared Willendt, became a paladin of Tyr. I attracted a small crowd while I told the story. There was Fishel, Imphras, Cera, Braeth, an elf named Fade, and a couple of others who’s names I didn’t catch. They all enjoyed the story. I must say I had fun telling it. Now I know why my mom enjoys it so much. It turned an otherwise awful evening in around.

• Entry 16 -

Jubei has shown his face in the town again. I had just stopped at the well, and I see Jubei trying to get Kanen's attention. Seven came up to me and whispered for me to be careful, and I nodded back, whispering that I noticed Jubei. I listened attentively to Jubei and Kanen's conversation. Jubei, of course, still wants to kill Jade, and I think he was trying to find her through Kanen, since he had heard Kanen knows her. Kanen, however, held no trust for Jubei, since he knew Jubei had killed Steele, who was a fellow paladin and Jade's mentor.

Then, with uncanny timing, Braeth walked into the square. I reflexively clutched the amulet he gave me and silently prayed he wouldn't get hurt. Braeth engaged Jubei in conversation, in which he told Jubei under no uncertain terms that he should harm Jade. Jubei kept falling back on his words that Jade is a murderess and justice must be served. Thankfully, Jubei did not draw any weapons and walked out of town.

I'm a bit torn up inside over this. On one hand, Jade is my friend and I hold a fair amount of respect for her. In all the time I've known her, she's been a caring and delightful person to know. But I am a follower of Tyr. Jubei's cries for justice do tug at me. If Jade had indeed murdered a man, then she very well should be punished for her crime. Unfortunately, I have not the full details of either side of this story. Until I do, I cannot make a judgement, for a judgement without knowing the full Truth of the situation will not lead to Justice.

After Jubei was run out of town, some people inquired Braeth why he did not kill the man. One, a paladin, felt that since Jubei threatened the live of another, he should be dealt with. Braeth responded to him that by the laws of the town, he could not kill Jubei yet. The paladin did not like the answer, but accepted it. Another, an elven woman, thought Jubei should have been dealt with because thier could be a stain of honor on Braeth for letting him go. Braeth said that things do not always need to be settled with weapons, and that he feels no loss of honor from one who does not have any. The elven lass was impressed with Braeth's thick skin and they then proceeded to have a chat as friends.

While was chatting away, Reginald stopped by. I told him of the interesting incident that happened. He's yet to see this Jubei, and I kinda wonder what he'd think of the assassin. Braeth introduced his new friend to us, her name is Jarzs. Very well spoken elven woman. Jade also stopped by, and we let her know about Jubei.

The conversation we all had touched on various things, though I don't really recall all of it. Too many voices going on as there was a large group gathered besides our own. All the conversations drowning out each other made it hard to follow. It didn't help that I had many thoughts running through my head from the incident with Jubei. Jarz noticed my silence and began to talk to me. She sympathized with me about the noise level. It was fun to see Jarz do a little bit of verbal sparring with Reginald, all in good jest. She actually came up with a nickname for him that I think is PERFECT. "Sir Mustache." It has such a wonderful ring to it. I hope to see her again, for I would like to hear some stories of her homeland, and I'm sure Braeth would also.

• Entry 15 -

Braeth, Reg, Hugh, Jade and Wilhelm asked me if I'd like to join them as they inspect a stronghold in Rawlinswood where goblins frequently gather their strength. It seems that earlier they were there and stopped some kind of ritual that was creating strange hulking beasts that could have caused many deaths if let loose on the town. They were wanting to make sure that the goblins weren't going to do it again.

While we had started our battling of the goblin forces in the stronghold, Rashid had shown up. Rashid used to be in charge of the militia, and thus knows Braeth pretty well, and I'm sure he knows the rest just as well. Since he's quite the accomplished cleric, we were happy to accept his help as we explored the stronghold.

This stronghold is not a place for the weak. In fact, I would not have made the venture if it weren't that the others are skilled adventurers and can keep an eye on me. There are many goblins, of course, but also spike traps and bugs. Giant bugs. Fire spitting, and stink spitting bugs. I think I also saw a spider or two, which I know I would have paniced if it actually approached me. I can't stand spiders even if they are teeny. I also saw a couple of those large 'Hulks.' Ugly beasts.

At one point I had gotten trapped in a room with a goblin that was an elite fighter. The damned door had just swung close on my face, and the goblin stepped out of the shadows. I knew I was outmatched for melee, and shouted for help as I attempted to protect myself. Alas, I was quickly wounded before I could finish casting a healing spell on myself. Luckily, the others did hear me, and Braeth was quick on reviving myself from the brink of death. It was certainly too close for comfort.

We never did find any signs of the goblins attempting their rituals again. As we were searching the place, I kept observing Jade shiver as if she were sick. I was not the only one that noticed this, and when we were outside the others asked if she were okay. She said she was sick, and Wilhelm was understandably frustrated that he could not heal the sickness somehow. He changed into a wolf and ran off, I assumed to vent out that frustration on a few goblins. The rest of us followed shortly, to go back to town. However, when we stopped to get Wilhelm, he seemed to be not himself. He growled at us threateningly, and even attacked us when we approached him. We finally got him calmed down, and he turned back from his animal form and we headed back to town.

Wilhelm had somehow lost control of himself while he was as wolf. Another druid stopped and they briefly discussed there was a curse on the woods and he should refrain from assuming his animal forms, for the exact reason that he may lose control of himself.

Meanwhile, we also asked Jade to explain her sickness. She told of how she had been getting nightmares recently, about a strange man who approaches her to kill her. She's even more disturbed that the dreams are somewhat taking form in reality, as we have this Jubei that wants to kill her for her "crimes" back when she lived in Thay. Rashid offered a charm for her to use when she sleeps to perhaps keep her mind free from intrusion, as he felt that the dreams were being sent to her to frighten her by Jubei's employers.

Just more things to worry about with my friends…

• Entry 14 -

Hugh suffered a fatal wound battling bugbears today, but his friends were able to have him Raised by the Friar. Hearing about people dying saddens me, especially when it's a friend. My father would say it's because I have my mother's caring heart. My mother would say it's because I have my father's dislike for injustice. Either way, I just hate to see death and suffering.

I also saw Coin today, but he wasn't looking very well. He told me how he was trapped in the crypt and something down there tried to steal his soul. The thought of losing one's soul frightens me like no other thought. The crypt has been sealed, but I have the feeling that we'll see more of it later. I think that what ever is going on in the crypt is related to those earthquakes and lightning from many days ago.

All these fearful events only make myself more adamant in my mission to get a temple to Tyr built. I should be meeting with my fellow followers soon to discuss our plans. This town needs a place of worship, now more than ever. While I was hunting bandits on the Nars Pass with Grivel, I ran into Seven again, who is a paladin. She let me know that she follows Torm, who is known to be Tyr's right hand, thus she considers me a sister of faith. Glad to find another friend, and I'll certainly consider her a sister of faith. I let her know about our plans for the temple. She likes the idea and is willing to help.

For a time I also traveled with Imphras, whom I met through Cera. He's a follower of Tempus, and a good warrior in combat from what I've seen. While walking through the wilderness, he noticed a crystal sticking out of the ground. He asked me about it and wondered if it was one of the great crystals that gnomes used to use for powering great devices. I've seen the crystal before, but never paid any attention to it, and didn't know anything about the lost civilization, but suggested he ask people in town. He did track down one mage, who inspected the crystal and didn't think it had any magic, else somebody would have taken it already.

Just another mystery to add to this place.

• _((OOC - Damn, I've written a lot. Which only means that I've played a lot. Just one question. What is this "sleep" that I hear people occasionally mention?

Oh, I'm toying around with an idea for an actual story of Kara's past. The goal of it would be to introduce her parents and perhaps some childhood events that shaped her life. No promises though, because that means I have to take extra time to write it. I'm a notorious procrastinator.))_

Entry 13 -

The half-demon never learned his lesson. He was executed today because he returned to town when he was clearly told he was exiled from here. Good bye to bad rubbish. Too bad he couldn't follow his human side more than his demonic. After the execution, a woman was mourning his death. She claimed he was his husband. Through her weeping, she mentioned how her husband wasn't the same after he got hold of some kind of crystal.

Afterward, I hung out and talked with some my friends. But there was a bit of a somber mood in the air. Braeth and I didn't think that we saw the last of this half-demon. It's times like that night when I'm glad to know Cera. She's a really great person that has such a carefree, innocent attitude. And we can't forget Mojo, her special friend. I want to meet him someday. I really hope that Cera never looses that spark of hers.

Sorry I don't have much else to right today, but nothing else of interest happened.