Bandits in the Pass

• Aldym Avhoste stops in at taverns between Peltarch and Norwick - making the detours for Hinhold and Oscura - and shares with the patrons and barkeeps:

I was waylaid on the Nars Pass Bridge by bandits - not that this is news - but these were more skilled and better-equipped than any I've encountered there in recent memory. A half-dozen archers loosed arrows from the embankments - they waited on both sides of the bridge, though I did not engage them all at once - and a second group struck whilst I was pinned in by swordsmen on the crossing. Travel in caution, friends.

• Words spreads recently returned Troff Legion General Theaon Thorn approached the bandit camp west of the bridge in the Nars attempting to open conversation. When faced with threats and the bandits moving in to attack, the General pleaded with them to reconsider, but to no avail. Three bandits, including the leader, fell rather quickly to the General's sword. Three more bandits from the southern tower arrived shortly after, but they were felled even faster.

• Peltarch Employee

Lady Tiller has taken it upon herself to approach the bandits and extend an olive branch of peace at least for a day to speak with the bandits, to which she ended up ambushed after having subdued their leader when the offer was rejected. After some discussion with their present leader. The name "Erich" seemed to have popped up as well as the particular bandit Varya was speaking to ran off after the encounter. When any inquire about the rumors, she tells them to be careful, the bandits who were paid to raid others and are associated with said individual might also be associating with possible cultists or undead that smell 'sickeningly sweet'.

• Peltarch Employee

Lady Varya Tiller hears of this and would begin to walk the path herself, as well as encouraging Ravos and any other members of the farm to either dispatch them, or report them to herself or her husband to help ensure safe travel and no trade disruptions between the north and the south.

• Aldym had a few toasts raised in his name by some patrons after hearing the tale. Though as the days rolled by, more and more rumors and reports came in about merchants and travelers of the pass, despite having armed guards, never arriving to their destination. Investigations up and down the Nar's have not revealed any trace of the victims.

The bridge has been mostly clear of bandits since Aldym's charge, but it seems his victory had been too late for some.