Admin Team Q&A to Current Staff

• Dev

Since our original post was an announcement which replying is locked down, and our general discussions thread was a request for applications, I'm seeing a number of questions arise and having to be removed to keep the thread limited to admin team candidacy applications.

I'm spinning up this thread to catch any questions that may come up. We'll reply as quick as we can.

• Dev

@satansadvisor

Once we collect candidates, we'll run an "ask me anything" discord channel leading up to election close. This will serve to allow folks to collect other interests. Sort of a town hall with the candidates running the show.

We'll open this after we lock down all the candidates, so everyone has a chance to respond.

This may extend out to after the holidays depending on the pace of applications.

• I appreciate the momentum with these posts, and I think they have been rolled out well. The quality of RP has always been why I've returned to/played at Narfell rather than in any number of other servers or games. Is it too late to encourage admin team hopefuls to post their beliefs on RP, and if they'll be pursuing a strict RP server (complete with alignment, fallen tokens, focus on group play and dynamics, etc), or a more "RP Lite" approach (communication via discord voice chats, running through towns, no strict class/PrC RP requirements)?

• Dev

I've moved questions from https://narfell.us/forum/topic/31933/admin-team-applications to here so we can keep the other thread down to just candidate write ups.

Hope this provides some clarity!

@chrystoph said in Admin Team Q&A to Current Staff:

Will it be possible for a person to sit multiple roles in the structure of the server?

Yes.

@Jazz-Vancouver's and @DarkHorseman's responses above are accurate. candidates have been prompted to include their stance on the matter. It is up to those who vote to pick a candidate for the team that aligns with their opinion.

@kingcreeper said in Admin Team Q&A to Current Staff:

What exactly is an 'Admin', and what is their role in this situation?

Roles and Responsibilities

• Server Direction - The admin team will set all server policy
    • IT Management - The admin team will be responsible for managing budgets, hosting, and overall server health (~$550/year)
    • Community Engagement - The admin team will maintain open communication with the community by regularly providing updates, surveys, community votes of active players, hosting town halls, and addressing concerns.

(from the admin team announcement post)

• What exactly is an 'Admin', and what is their role in this situation?

• @chrystoph I think that will be decided by the new team, or by public vote if they put that into effect.

• @chrystoph I believe that's what point 6 is about. Admin candidates should state their opinion on this publicly. Once the 5 Admins are elected they will work together to define the answers to how the server will run, essentially the answers to questions 2 through 6 above and everything else.

• Point of Inquiry:
    Will it be possible for a person to sit multiple roles in the structure of the server?

EX: Member of the Admin Team, DM, etc...