A meeting at Maria's Tower

• @e4bb303dcb=MCPlay:

It's a fine looking day at Spellweaver Keep. Students are busy with their experiments, María is leisurely sipping some unknown drink as she oversees their work.
    Everything looked peaceful, until one of the students called her over:

"Uhm… Headmistress? I think I messed up my spell. I was trying to conjure a portal to the outside of the Keep but... That looks nothing like the Rawlins. Can you help me figure out what I did wrong?

_The image on the pool in front of María wasn't of the Rawlins, but she knew exactly what she was looking at. Spellweaver Keep, still trapped in the void. María had known the Keep's location since it disappeared, but she had never found the means to bring it back. That this student had just accidentally opened a portal to the realm it was in was just another reminder that this was a problem she would have to solve soon.

Then, something flickered in front of the image of the tower. Had the portal malfunctioned? Most likely, as this was a novice's work, and an accident to boot, but soon after, the same image began to focus. It was a creature of some sort, a large one, as large as the Keep's door, at the least, and it was running full speed towards the tower, trying to hit the door head first, but the wards kept it from even touching the tower proper, a jolt of lightning pushing the creature back. Then, glancing back, it saw the open portal, and began rushing towards it!_

@e4bb303dcb=Gonnar:

The image cut of María's breath, it took her a full second to realize what was going on, and another good second to act, she ran right where the student had created the portal. If that creature crossed the portal.. no, that creature musn't cross the portal, ever.
    Far from taking any risks, she waves her hands and mutters hastly the words required to cast a Mordenkainen's Disyunktion spell on the portal, completely dispelling it inmediatly and completely.
    She then looked at the student, and took a deep breath.

"Call everyone, emewrgency meeting in 30min, it's about time that we fix this situation befowre it's too late".

That said, she heads to her room and shuts the door behind her.

• Ate nods in the affirmative as well and checks that she is not out of arrows.

• Moigan nods and starts flipping through his spell book.

• Anar stands and adjusts her robe well, if we are going to do this…. let's do it then...

• She nods slowly ALwright then, let's do this… pack youwr things and get wready. We'll twry with cewra's twree, if this fails, we shall find out about the illithids... let's hope we'wre lucky on the fiwrst go, though.

Evewryone okay with this plan?

((afaik Mcplay is almost done with the preparations, so I thought i'd push this to remind people:D

• Pops the last bit of pastry into his mouth and reaches for another

Is there some way ta contact this Reclaimer fella, wherever he is, without actually goin' to 'im? I mean, we don't even know if he's in Sigil. He's the plane traveler, after all, he could be anywhere.

How do 'is customers reach 'im? Do we know of any of 'is customers? Maybe one o' them rich folks in Peltarch?

Has anyone even been ta Sigil?

If we kin get there through the Nexus with a guide, I think that way would be best.

Oh, an one small detail…how do we git back?

Takes a bite of his pastry and carefully listens to the others 😄

• After listening for a few moments

This is all fascinating. Though we aren't authorized to travel what if we went in on another creatures portal? I was fighting the Kuo Toa the other day and they were able to create a portal, we could "make" them or another more powerful creature create one. We could utilize this to make it there and they would not be expecting us! A sneaky mage attack!

• Moigan walks in with another one of Maria's students. They are heard joking about a successful lesser spell breach. They freeze seeing the hostsof guests in the tower. Both quickly slip into chairs towards the back and devote their attention to the speaker with brushed red cheeks.

• Mad takes Shannon's line and replies:

Well, there's nothing to say there won't be anything down there. Those squid faces have things most surfacers don't even dream of. Maybe we'll get lucky?

The menhirs are also an option, but I'd really advise against using those. From what I hear, last time someone messed with them, you ended up with a demon infestation.

As for Cera's Tree… I don't really know what that is. But if you say it's an option, then it's an option too.

Finally, gate isn't an option because of the way the plane itself works. The lady of Pain doesn't allow unauthorized traveling to and from Sigil into the prime. Only she can create or destroy the portals that lead there. But, I'm sure there's bound to be an active portal nearby that leads to Sigil. After all, this is Narfell, right? Home of the Demonbinders and whatnot. Surely you can figure out a way.

• Shannon speaks…

While I think tampering with the Menhirs is possibly the most dangerous idea I've heard in a while, what gives you the idea that the Illithid City will be any more productive?

Cera's Tree will get us to the Nexus. We'd have to negotiate with Clover for travel anywhere aside from Caer Daffodil. Of the three options discussed, I like it the most.

Why can't we just gate ourselves again?

• Atel pipes up

"Personally both of those sound like bad ideas. A city full of mind eaters, or messing with one of the things that lead us to this gigantic mess in the first place. But if I had to pick between the two evils, I'd go with the Mehinrs, because with that we at least have an idea what we're in for."

• ((Bump

• Bingo is the ownewr of the poket plane, Z. A pwrofessowr of the keep. We have no means to unpeterify him fwrom hewre.
    The golem, as you said, it's made fwrom something diffewrent than adamantite. So I suspect it's mithwral… Not good news.

I suppose ouwr best bet then is to twravel to Sigil and find mowre infowrmation. How do we go thewre though? We use cewra's twree powrtal, twry to tampewr with mehinwrs owr inspect the illithids' s city?

thoughts?

• Mmmm…pastries. Z politely reaches for one with a child-like smile Thank you.

As he nibbles on the pastry, he examines the image of the construct. Using his knowledge of metalwork and crafting, he attempts to identify the material the creature is made of.

Thing has the color of iron, but I doubt that’s what it’s made of. Might be made of adamantine, maybe. I suppose someone who kin travel the planes might be able ta find enough of it ta make somethin’ that big.

What do we know of the temperament of this Reclaimer fella? Is he the type ta break into the Keep? Maybe he thinks it’s abandoned and he’s lookin’ fer treasures - it kinda is, right? Maybe we kin inform him it isn’t abandoned and get him to stop…if he’s the cooperative sort. Though, it’s never that easy, I suppose.

Or, maybe, someone is just using one of his constructs ta break in. Maybe we kin talk to ‘im and find out who he made it for. Maybe he has a way to shut ‘em down in case of emergency or somethin’. Either way, we should try n contact ‘im…if we can and his reputation indicates he kin be reasoned with.

If not, I agree with trappin’ it somehow. It don’t look too friendly an’ I’m pretty sure we don’t need ta worry about “bait” cause, we’d be the bait.

Oh, and who is Bingo? Kin we, somehow, unpetrify ‘im so he kin bring the Keep back? Might be better ta go that route.

Takes another bite of his pastry and wipes the powdered sugar from his mouth.

Mmmmm...

• María listens to Nate and Isolde and nods "that sounds vewry possible. I would think is the most logical way of intewrpwreting what happened."

Glances over at Shannon and a faint smile comes to her lips "Not too late. Thank you fow coming. Here, I'll let you catch up." María snaps her fingers and a scroll appears floating right in front of Shannon, in it there's the transcription of what has been said so far, written in a fine letter
    "Youwr input will be vewry welcome" she says right before calling on a student nearby and asking them to bring some non alcoholic drinks and pastries

• "Oooo… ", echoes Isolde, grinning back at Nate. "I love it when a plot thickens, though yeah, it could be this guy just sold his work to our 'real' villain! Is this a good time to mention I have a little scroll called 'Planeshift' in my possessio-... why hello, Shannon!~"

• Shannon knocks, unexpectedly, at the tower gate.

I've come to fulfill my promise of aid… I trust it's not too late?

• ::Nate peers over Maria's shoulder at the book - tap-tapping his lower lip as he reads alongside her. He then claps her shoulder, and grins to Isolde:: Ooooo. Looks like an artificer! Odds are that metal thing belongs to him! Maybe he took over the old place… Oooor he sold his work to whoever did?

• Well, I for one have always wanted to visit Sigil, I've only ever read about it.

Atel grins hopefully, if a little naively

I mean, this land used to house the ancient Empire of Narfell, there has to be some sort of planer gate left over that's still in workable order, somewhere, right?

• Maria gasps a bit at the read of Sigil. She closes the book with a loud thud sound.

It's cleawr to me that we need to find this pewrson. What do you all think? Finding a way to wreach Sigil is no easy task though.

This is getting intewresting and dangewrous. But we must keep on.

she looks very serious now and looks at everyone in turn