A meeting at Maria's Tower

• After listening for a few moments

This is all fascinating. Though we aren't authorized to travel what if we went in on another creatures portal? I was fighting the Kuo Toa the other day and they were able to create a portal, we could "make" them or another more powerful creature create one. We could utilize this to make it there and they would not be expecting us! A sneaky mage attack!

• Moigan walks in with another one of Maria's students. They are heard joking about a successful lesser spell breach. They freeze seeing the hostsof guests in the tower. Both quickly slip into chairs towards the back and devote their attention to the speaker with brushed red cheeks.

• Mad takes Shannon's line and replies:

Well, there's nothing to say there won't be anything down there. Those squid faces have things most surfacers don't even dream of. Maybe we'll get lucky?

The menhirs are also an option, but I'd really advise against using those. From what I hear, last time someone messed with them, you ended up with a demon infestation.

As for Cera's Tree… I don't really know what that is. But if you say it's an option, then it's an option too.

Finally, gate isn't an option because of the way the plane itself works. The lady of Pain doesn't allow unauthorized traveling to and from Sigil into the prime. Only she can create or destroy the portals that lead there. But, I'm sure there's bound to be an active portal nearby that leads to Sigil. After all, this is Narfell, right? Home of the Demonbinders and whatnot. Surely you can figure out a way.

• Shannon speaks…

While I think tampering with the Menhirs is possibly the most dangerous idea I've heard in a while, what gives you the idea that the Illithid City will be any more productive?

Cera's Tree will get us to the Nexus. We'd have to negotiate with Clover for travel anywhere aside from Caer Daffodil. Of the three options discussed, I like it the most.

Why can't we just gate ourselves again?

• Atel pipes up

"Personally both of those sound like bad ideas. A city full of mind eaters, or messing with one of the things that lead us to this gigantic mess in the first place. But if I had to pick between the two evils, I'd go with the Mehinrs, because with that we at least have an idea what we're in for."

• ((Bump

• Bingo is the ownewr of the poket plane, Z. A pwrofessowr of the keep. We have no means to unpeterify him fwrom hewre.
    The golem, as you said, it's made fwrom something diffewrent than adamantite. So I suspect it's mithwral… Not good news.

I suppose ouwr best bet then is to twravel to Sigil and find mowre infowrmation. How do we go thewre though? We use cewra's twree powrtal, twry to tampewr with mehinwrs owr inspect the illithids' s city?

thoughts?

• Mmmm…pastries. Z politely reaches for one with a child-like smile Thank you.

As he nibbles on the pastry, he examines the image of the construct. Using his knowledge of metalwork and crafting, he attempts to identify the material the creature is made of.

Thing has the color of iron, but I doubt that’s what it’s made of. Might be made of adamantine, maybe. I suppose someone who kin travel the planes might be able ta find enough of it ta make somethin’ that big.

What do we know of the temperament of this Reclaimer fella? Is he the type ta break into the Keep? Maybe he thinks it’s abandoned and he’s lookin’ fer treasures - it kinda is, right? Maybe we kin inform him it isn’t abandoned and get him to stop…if he’s the cooperative sort. Though, it’s never that easy, I suppose.

Or, maybe, someone is just using one of his constructs ta break in. Maybe we kin talk to ‘im and find out who he made it for. Maybe he has a way to shut ‘em down in case of emergency or somethin’. Either way, we should try n contact ‘im…if we can and his reputation indicates he kin be reasoned with.

If not, I agree with trappin’ it somehow. It don’t look too friendly an’ I’m pretty sure we don’t need ta worry about “bait” cause, we’d be the bait.

Oh, and who is Bingo? Kin we, somehow, unpetrify ‘im so he kin bring the Keep back? Might be better ta go that route.

Takes another bite of his pastry and wipes the powdered sugar from his mouth.

Mmmmm...

• María listens to Nate and Isolde and nods "that sounds vewry possible. I would think is the most logical way of intewrpwreting what happened."

Glances over at Shannon and a faint smile comes to her lips "Not too late. Thank you fow coming. Here, I'll let you catch up." María snaps her fingers and a scroll appears floating right in front of Shannon, in it there's the transcription of what has been said so far, written in a fine letter
    "Youwr input will be vewry welcome" she says right before calling on a student nearby and asking them to bring some non alcoholic drinks and pastries

• "Oooo… ", echoes Isolde, grinning back at Nate. "I love it when a plot thickens, though yeah, it could be this guy just sold his work to our 'real' villain! Is this a good time to mention I have a little scroll called 'Planeshift' in my possessio-... why hello, Shannon!~"

• Shannon knocks, unexpectedly, at the tower gate.

I've come to fulfill my promise of aid… I trust it's not too late?

• ::Nate peers over Maria's shoulder at the book - tap-tapping his lower lip as he reads alongside her. He then claps her shoulder, and grins to Isolde:: Ooooo. Looks like an artificer! Odds are that metal thing belongs to him! Maybe he took over the old place… Oooor he sold his work to whoever did?

• Well, I for one have always wanted to visit Sigil, I've only ever read about it.

Atel grins hopefully, if a little naively

I mean, this land used to house the ancient Empire of Narfell, there has to be some sort of planer gate left over that's still in workable order, somewhere, right?

• Maria gasps a bit at the read of Sigil. She closes the book with a loud thud sound.

It's cleawr to me that we need to find this pewrson. What do you all think? Finding a way to wreach Sigil is no easy task though.

This is getting intewresting and dangewrous. But we must keep on.

she looks very serious now and looks at everyone in turn

• @7a0958abdd=Gonnar:

Ahhhh wait Nate! María startles and runs off towards her library, only to be back a few moments later with an old heavy book. The book has a dismembered metal body painted on its cover and the tittle is written with rectangular letters "Golems&Makers"

If by any chance thewre's these mawrkings listed in this book, it might save us some pwrecious time! she then mutters to herself about how silly it was not to remember about toys book before. She opens it and skims through like the pro bookworm she is

But don't get too fawr, Nate, you might be the best chance to leawrn mowre about the cwreatowr should we find it.

After a few minutes of search, the symbol on the construct's chest plate appears. The entry on it reads:

JOLUPIUS BERHAN, also known as The Reclaimer, is a wizard and planar traveler, collector of all sorts of trinkets and magical items wherever he can find them. He is one of the best construct creators in the known realms, who takes particular pride in his products being virtually indestructible. He was known to sell his work to wealthy noble houses and entities throughout the planes. He can usually be found in Sigil whenever he is not actively looking for trinkets and baubles wherever he can find them.

• Ahhhh wait Nate! María startles and runs off towards her library, only to be back a few moments later with an old heavy book. The book has a dismembered metal body painted on its cover and the tittle is written with rectangular letters "Golems&Makers"

If by any chance thewre's these mawrkings listed in this book, it might save us some pwrecious time! she then mutters to herself about how silly it was not to remember about toys book before. She opens it and skims through like the pro bookworm she is

But don't get too fawr, Nate, you might be the best chance to leawrn mowre about the cwreatowr should we find it.

• "All bards to the lore-mobile, gotcha Maria. And ughh… let's cross our fingers for a NONE-Mechanus origin, eh Atel?

And NaaAAaate... try your fancy-pants scholar spells, why don't you? I'll cheer you on!"

• Atel, having been listening up to this point, speaks up.

If it is related to Mechanus, Isolde, it would be something past annoying at this point. I mean, it's big enough that its possible a gnome or something could be piloting it from the inside too – don't give me that look I've seen it done -- or at least providing it the power it needs to go....

She pauses, rubbing her chin in thought then makes a suggestion.

I wonder if there might be a way to immobilize it that would be easier than taking it on directly?

• Maria smiles looking at Isolde if you and Nate could take a look… pwrobably you two have access to the most lawrge amount of knowledge thewre is. Pewrhaps thewre's something even in old fowrgotten stowries.
    What do you think?

• Right. Let's say that's a construct and that one could maybe figure out who the creator is from those markings… Anyone wants to take that task? I'm not really that keen on the construct department. I like illusions better. Way lower maintenance. I'm... I'm going to work on a way to get the tower back to our plane. Anyone has any ideas on where to start?