Other Games

• aside from my usual webpage games (OGame, Dragons of Atlantis, Universe Online, Evil Genius Online, Operation X) got a few games on my mind, each of them is unique & nice.

1. Satellite Reign,
    2. Darkest Dungeon,
    3. Sword Coast Legends,
    4. Deus Ex: Human Revolution,
    5. Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes.

last game's gameplay is blogged:

[ http://northpeak-adventures.blogspot.com/p/arthurs-conquests.html ].

started to blog Darkest Dungeon as well:

[ http://lux-ex-tenebris-dd.blogspot.com/ ].

… enjoy, if You wish.

• Oh I did miss the X! :lol:

Yeah alright. I'm not so sold on FFXV, though it does look visually stunning.

• @8823fc8ae8=Emerwyn:

If you're going to replay an oldschool Final Fantasy, I recommend you do IV or VI instead of V, with VI being my strong recommendation. It's not a big deal anyway, but V, while being good, didn't quite have the deep emotional impact that those other two had.

I'm thinking you misread my Roman Numerals. I was talking about picking up Final Fantasy 15 (XV). It's been in development for something like 10 years I believe, and they're saying it'll be released some time later this year.

• If you're going to replay an oldschool Final Fantasy, I recommend you do IV or VI instead of V, with VI being my strong recommendation. It's not a big deal anyway, but V, while being good, didn't quite have the deep emotional impact that those other two had. It helps a lot that Terra is a wonderfully crafted main character, and Kefka is possibly the most amazing villain I've encountered in a videogame (both superior to Cloud and Sephirot in their roles, but we tread the realms of personal opinion here πŸ˜› )

I'll look to get the FFVII remastering too in any case. I saw some short videos and it looks incredible, and as you said, about time after so many years of yes, no, maybe. I only hope they are making it for the fans and not for their pockets. Or at least for both at the same time.

• I never played Dark Souls or Demons Souls, but I played DS2 on PS3. I just purchased the Scholar of the First Sin remastered edition for PS4 and finished a replay of it a few days ago. So the hype train is at full speed for Dark Souls 3!

Other than that, I was looking at the Division. Most of my clan from Destiny are playing it at the moment I think. I'd like to get into it, but since I moved across the world my play time just doesn't match up with my clanmates. I'm thinking that the experience would be severely diminished if I rarely get to play with them.

Next game on my radar will be a ways down the pipe yet, but Final Fantasy VII: Remake. Call it cliche, but FFVII is my favorite game of all time, so I'm pretty excited for that. God knows we've waited long enough for it. I haven't played a Final Fantasy game since FFX though, so I'm contemplating giving FFXV a shot when it releases as well.

• Here I am, hype about Banner Saga 2…

• Dark Souls 3 is definitely in my list too, I have pre-ordered it myself after I did all that was doable in The Division. Been tempted to try out Black Desert Online, but neither I have that much time these days, nor I trust korean mmo's anymore. They're all pretty covers with an empty inside based on spending a zillion hours grinding repetitive stuff to reach an endgame that doesn't exist.

The games I'm really looking forward to play are still far off, possibly none of them will be released this year - Mass Effect Andromeda, Divinity Original Sin 2 and Cyberpunk 2077.

There are a few decent indie/kickstarted games coming in between that I'll be looking to get at some point as well, such as Banner Saga 2 and Torment, and then there is some decent looking mmo's like Crowfall and Chronicles of Elyria for those that are into mmo's.

• @a527110e7f=Ace-of-Spades:

Hi Narfell! πŸ˜„

Dark Souls 3!

GET HYYYPE!
    I hope I'm not the only one excited for this release. Only game on my radar at the moment.

EDIT: What the hell happened to my post count?! I could have swore I had more than this, being around these forums for 10 years and all…

AAAAACE! HIIIIII!

It might should be more than that, but I don't remember lol.

Other than NWN, I've been playing the crap out of Guild Wars 2, myself.

• Hi Narfell! πŸ˜„

Dark Souls 3!

GET HYYYPE!
    I hope I'm not the only one excited for this release. Only game on my radar at the moment.

EDIT: What the hell happened to my post count?! I could have swore I had more than this, being around these forums for 10 years and all…

• Sweet. I'll be looking into it. Sounds good, and I've been looking for a new thing to try.

• Don't worry, Jerrick. As I said, the fixes and patches are all part of the base game. The DLCs just add content, and allows for levelling up to 16 instead of 12.

• Just wanted to make sure that the "Fixes, reworks, patches, etc" were current if you just buy the base version, they didn't come with DLC for some weird reason. πŸ™‚

• @8b0b972537=JerrickRafe:

So the aforementioned version on this site has fixes etc without having to get DLC?

You would still need to buy the DLC to have the DLC if that is what you ment.

• Yeah, GOG is serious site. It belongs to CDProjekt, the company behind The Witcher games, amongst others. You get everything anyone else can get by buying games there, at times with bonus wallpapers and other goodies. The thing is, GOG tends to suffer delays with patches, usually taking 1-2 days longer. Nothing big, but worth mentioning.

G2A is a "grey market" site, it sells licenses for games (usually on Steam, but also GOG, and most game owner companies such as Blizzard, Square-Enix and such) at low price because the seller does not reveal the source of the product, but it does work as well as if you had paid the full price. In the event of having any issues, they either reimburse you or provide you with another license, but as I said from personal experience, I've bought 30+ games on G2A and none of them I had to even contact the support.

• So the aforementioned version on this site has fixes etc without having to get DLC?

• @7b67e8e281=JerrickRafe:

$6 from GOG - $16 from steam on that site. Really not bad.

Is there any real advantage to getting it from steam in this scenario?

Not really. Steam is preferred by some people because it allows them to have their games nicely sorted in a single application and keep tracks of played hours, achievements, can see friends online, etc.

GOG version is DRM free, which means your game won't depend on a third party to run. GOG has its own client these days which aims to function similarly to Steam, it's called Galaxy, but last I checked it's only optional to install it. If you get the game from GOG, it's just like good old times when you bought a game on the store and installed it straight into your computer. The one downside GOG has is that it usually takes 1-2 days longer to apply patches and fixes. Other than that, both versions of the game will be identical, the choice is really yours.

@7b67e8e281=SickFish:

Is the DLC worth it for Pillars? I'm starting a new game after having stopped about 30hrs in last time. Any good mechanical changes or just some midgame content?

All the fixes, system rewworks and patches apply to the whole game, including the original campaign. The expansions add a new campaign that has roughly as much content as the original one and is composed mostly by endgame content. Expect a lot of epic fights against epic adversaries and world changing events. Other than that, it allows you to level your characters past level 12, up to 16.

I enjoyed the expansion campaign very much myself, and I'd rate it as high as the original campaign.

• Is the DLC worth it for Pillars? I'm starting a new game after having stopped about 30hrs in last time. Any good mechanical changes or just some midgame content?

• $6 from GOG - $16 from steam on that site. Really not bad.

Is there any real advantage to getting it from steam in this scenario?

• @0ddd91edd5=JerrickRafe:

You've got me curious about this pillars of eternity game, now.

If you mean it, not long ago it was down to $10 or so in a Steam sale. Now it's back to the regular price (around $40) so it's probably better to wait a bit. Though if you don't have a problem with third party gamestores, G2A has it right now for around $5, and it's 100% trustworthy. I've personally bought probably 30+ games there and never had an issue. You usually get a Steam activation code which means you get an exact same Steam game you'd buy otherwise.

• You've got me curious about this pillars of eternity game, now.