At the Morninglord's temple

• _"Aramuil and I spoke at length after I first met the dead man. He's confident and arrogant, as well as functionally insane. He sees himself as Herald still of this true "Lord Norwick." Some of you seem to think that is one of Jandor's lineage, raised and directing behind the scenes. If that is so, you will have other problems. More likely it is a construction in Fendon's of mind. Disrespect of this Lord and of Fendon's station as his herald is the quickest provocation.

If you desire information on the lichblade, there are spells that can accommodate. I know most of them. But ultimately, you need to know what happens to it up the demise of his corporeal form."_

• Dwin nods and smiles warmly to Ashena.

I am not suggesting that we use any bait thumbs to himself before we have a good hook, lass. If and when it makes sense to follow that path, I am prepared, as will my kin be prepared 'swell …

Now, my kin and I have been trapped underground, not only did we lack sunlight, but we lacked information---perhaps more painfully.

Is there a quick way to catch us up on this red-mist and Fendon-sword? I am not completely aware of what these threats are...

• A delicate pink tinges Ashena's cheeks as she realizes the dwarf speaking is in fact Dwin Dolvak himself, though her expression remains as solemn as before, a small frown on her brow as she listens. She pauses slightly, then speaks up once more:

"I believe Fendon's old grudge ~could~ be to our advantage, but to challenge him will also carry a great risk, not least to yourself, mister Dolvak. I also dislike the idea of risking any potential messenger's life, as I am fairly certain Fendon's eye is quite firmly fixed on us already. Finally, the further Fendon is from his lair when and if he is successfully defeated, the further we may have to search for the sword afterwards. Tis this search I would have us focus on next; any and all ideas of how to follow the red mist or in some way divine the location of the sword, speak up and share them. Without a feasable plan to seek and destroy the sword, provoking confrontation with Fendon himself will be pointless."

• Dwin listens to Havon speak and nods, perhaps not knowing who he is.

Rage is more often a weakness than a strength–that I can personally attest to.

Let it be known that I am back and sitting on the Chancellors throne. Of course, I have no desire to be chancellor again, I am only here to lend my considerable experience in trying to keep Norwick's people safe... but he doesnt need to know that.

But when the time is right, perhaps this Sirion person can relate a message to Fendon that I am on the throne and... perhaps... discounting the very threat of Fendon himself... Fendon the Fool, Fendon the Scroll-Reader... Fendon, Dwin's errand-boy...

Ought that be enough to draw him from his nest where the best blades of the land can shred him to pieces?

• _Imril nods in agreement and thanks to Ashena's words, and gives Dwin a half frown at his apparent jab. But his frown curls to another sarcastic smirk as Ashena goes on relating that Dwin aught to be the bait….

He looks about ready to reply when the words die on his lips as he hears Sirion's foot falls near to him.

A look of surprise crosses his face as those near by hear him mutter something in elven._

• _Soft footsteps echo behind Dwin, and as the veil drops a gold tressed elf, wrapped this time in white and grey silk, stands leaning against wall and looking for all the world as if he has been here for some time. The baleful image of the Scream is tucked under his arm. His eyes are heavy, and his boots more travel stained than you have even known in memory. His countenance is weary, but his words flow as quick and sharp as ever.

"You have fair measure of your situation. Fendon's weakness is his rage. Challenge him, and he will rise to the occasion. That is the best and worst hope I can offer you."

Sirion makes no move to leave at that point, and simply remains where he is, where he had been apparently for sometime._

• Well, that's interesting… chuckles Here I am tryin to go fishin when I'm the worm! Ha!

In that case... I offer meself up in whatever capacity makes sense, ma'am. I do enjoy my time here, in one piece... but should we need to... tempt Fendon by using me, his old boss, then I'm up for it.

Otherwise, you can count on the steel of the Hold for this purpose of his removal. Dwin nods at his kin.

• Ashena's expression turns increasingly stern, and she folds her arms with a clank of armor.

"We are here to fight the undead threat against Norwick. Destroying Fendon and whatever else dark force may be backing him is most certainly the goal I have in mind, and I would ask that those present here focus on the same objective, instead of seeking to insert insult and accusation that serve no purpose but to divide us. The undead are a foe to ~all~ living things, if this cannot unite us then nothing will. And unite we must, to succeed.

If the idea of baiting is to have any merit, then I have been told that Fendon bears a special grudge to the old leadership of Norwick; arcane advisor Aramuil and former Chancellor Dwin Dolvak, to be precise. Just the type of juicy worms to make a foul fish like Fendon leap out of the water, I imagine. Though I do not feel we need to resort to baiting when he is already biting us plenty, nor place these persons in harms way when there are other options. I suggest we take the fight to him instead, to make the initiative ours. Striking him close to home likely means a smaller area to search the whereabouts of the sword, too."

• Dwin taps his axe handle absent-mindedly.

Oh, I am sure she'll want to atone for her mistakes at some point or another. They always do…

As far as consorting goes--I dont think you understand the general idea here lad. You dont consort with a fish before you offer him a worm. You trick him into eating the worm so you can eat it, aye? Bite the worm so I can beat you with a stick and eat you.

Maybe ya don't fish. shrugs and chuckles with his dwarven kin

I would hope that our friends here in the Divine Shield would want to remove the threat of Fendon, reborn by your friend Sirion... that's why we are all here, yes?

• Imril returns the smirk to the dwarf

Who says he wishes to Atone?

And even if he does, that does not change the fact that our friends in the Divine Shield will be rather upset with us plotting once more to consort with a Lichblade….

He looks to Ashena for confirmation of his suspicion

Again I ask what is our goal? To destroy Fendon? To imprison him? Or to deal with or use him as our puppet? That will determine how we "encourage" him I think….

• Dwin smirks at the mention of Sirion being found innocent.

I've been out of the hold for little over a ten-day and the one thing I've heard over and over is that Sirion did this thing, and everyone knows it, and she somehow avoided havin' her head removed from his shoulders because of an inadequate court.

If Fendon was encouraged to attack Ostromog, who knows what else he can be encouraged to do? Put yer minds to it (taps his temple) and think on it.

If this Sirion lass wants to walk freely within the Realm, she will need to start atoning for this crime… that she didn't commit.

• Imril will shake his head, but remain in the back of the chamber leaning against the wall as he speaks

It was determined by the courts that there is no proof of Sirion ever "going" to Fendon in the first place. Though most have their own opinion of him, Sirion has not been proven guilty of such a deed, as of yet.

After being arrested and tried for such an action I doubt very much that he would be inclined to put himself in such bodily peril for the sake of those whom he considers to be his accusers. Though, stranger changes of heart are told about in the stories of this world…..

Also it is my understanding that any who would seek to speak with Fendon, even with the purpose of just gathering information, would be guilty of consorting with undead in the eyes of the Divine Shield and would be tired for such a crime.

How would you seek to bait Fendon? To get him to revile his secret hiding places in speech with Sirion? I think he would be far too clever for such a trick... Is the plan to draw Fendon out into open combat? Or to find his abode? What is needed if I remember my lich lore, being mostly concerned with Baelnorn I am a little out of my league, but I think we must find Fendon's phylactery first.....or a way to destroy his sword perhaps?

• I was thinking that pewrhaps a paladin can sense it's evil and follow it, though thewre'd be so many evil in the cwrypts that it would be too hawrd.
    So maybe a detect magic spell, such a thing must have lot of magic, and as such should be easily twraceable.

• If this Sirion was able to go to Fendon once, cant he (is Sirion a lad or a lass? I cant ever tell…) go again? ... as bait, more or less?

• Wull, Dwin, ah doan see huw else ter deal wif dis fark Fendon but ter fend him! laughs at his own pun. Fact is, huw da fark do we follow sum fog 'round ter git 'ims in his safe place, er sumsuch.

• 'nd ye, elf, even iffin yer friends aint 'ere, ye kin share wooteva dem knew 'bout dis Fendon… 'nd umbouts Sirion too! Anythin' at dis point wuld be welcome. Ye kin also figure our sum spell er sum finger-wrigling somethin' ter follow da red mist when our stell brake Fendon's carcass.

• ::A radiant figure enters the temple with a bright smile::

I heard this place went a bit dark in the last few months…

::The Dawnbringer winks an eye to Ashena:

Well, let's Light it up.

::She then goes to stand next to Janick, watching and listening::

//I still can't play Rith much if at all, but count on her to aid with RPish stuff, Lathanderite rituals and such. She'll be happy to do what she's asked to. 🙂

• A quiet figure in the back ground, who as until now remained unnoticed in his silent observations of the conversation, clears his throat and steps forward from where he was casually leaning against the wall.

I am no cleric, and though I have some skill with the Weave, I am by no means a mage of any note.

All I can offer you is my service with blade and spell….to help in whatever plan is being concocted. It seems like those more well versed in such have things well in hand. He looks to Hope and Ashena I hold no allegiance to Norwick, however, I would not see her people or any innocents for that matter come to harm again if I may help stop it. Therefore I ask that you consider me in your planning, if you need my aid, you have but to ask.

I wish I could speak for the whole of the Shesae, but many of my kin have turned to other tasks at present and many are away in far lands….so I can only speak for myself.

At this Imril hangs his head slightly, his golden hair falling in front of his eyes, a look of concern on his face as the corners of his mouth droop in a shallow frown. He looks up again to the group, nods firmly, and steps back to lean against the wall again, arms crossed over his breast.

• Ashena listens closely, seeming glad to hear more people voice their opinions and advice.

"None of what we face shall be an easy task, this is clear, but try we must, regardless. I'm in agreement with Hope in that faith shall be our one true shield, and the ritual planned is meant to work as such; to be Norwick's shield, so that we are free to march out without fear of undead ravaging the town in our absence. It will not help us fight Fendon, not as such, though tis not impossible it will weaken whatever dark ritual he himself is concocting.

I'm heartened to see the Hold liberated, this gives me fresh hope that we can yet see this through with success. We ~will~ need steel and shield, no doubt about that, and supplies to last us a prolonged fight. On that note, should the stouter amongst you be able to procure rough spell crystals, bring them to me and I will store a blessing from Torm within, so that your blades, axes and hammers will glow with divine light to harm the undead better.

As for the mist.. I believe those more well versed in magic than I might have a few suggestions?"

• Following Vanderkaus is another Dwarf, he listens to Vander and nods his head as Vander makes his points.

I'd just like to say that I am very pleased to see that the spiritual leaders here have gathered and are helping shepherd Norwick through this dangerous time.

I would hope that the likes of Mariston, Shannon, and Daisy from Peltarch likewise make an appearance–should they be able to travel in their advanced ages--as they have always helped bring Light to the Darkness that so often plagues our realm.

In times such as these when we have multiple threats, it seems that prioritizing them in some way helps everyone focus on shared goals. Is everyone's thinkin on this the removal of Fendon from this world once and for all is the place to start? Sounds like a good plan to me...

• Vanderkaus walks in the room, and queitly listens to those gathered, before speaking.

• Yas aw should know dat goin into dat purple door, iffn dass rully where da fark is, tis nay un easy task. Ah wus der unce ter rescue sum friend, tis dangerous ground dat'un.

• Anoder thing, durin dese times, tis seems Norwick wull need sum strong folks ter organize 'nd ressuplie 'nd aw dat. Sum people 're speakin bouts dat as we talk now. In no time sum uv 'em wull join us in dis conversation.

• Lemme juss r'members yas dat iffin Davos wus roit, 'nd we can't trust magics 'gainsts dat Red fark, der's lita dese rutual wull do ter help. Steel and shield are du betta bets ter our cause.

• 'nd lemme tell yas anoder thing, has anyn 'ere came up with a plan on huw ter follow dat red mist yet? 'cause… dass sure sum big problem, ter me.