At the Morninglord's temple

• Ashena gives Hope a solemn smile, then scans the room quietly for a moment before continuing.

"I had hoped to see more people from Norwick here today, but these are troubled and busy times, verily. Hope has outlined the first part of the plan very well, so I wish to share now what information we have when it comes to fighting Fendon himself. This comes from Davos, though where he learnt it in turn, I know not.

According to Davos, Fendon is a lichblade, and he believes t'was Kara that turned him into such, through the gift of that accursed blade which he weilds. The sword is the key both to his transformation and to his possible demise, tis thought, and he keeps it with him at all times. However, when and if Fendon's physical form should be destroyed, he and the blade both turn to red mist and dissipate, the blade returning to a hiding place as yet unknown. Here, it is vunerable until Fendon too reforms to claim it, 24 hours later.

To defeat Fendon for good, one must then first destroy his physical form - very strong and resilient to much magic tis said, melee damage is Davos' recommendation despite the deadly skills Fendon possesses at such. Then, we must find the sword within the time frame given, and destroy it. If we cannot do the latter, Fendon will return as strong as before, and we shall have to start all over."

• The priestess beside Ashena steps forward, interjecting in as strong a voice as she can muster.

Ah… a moment to speak, if I might. 'Tis an enemy of darkness which we face, one which doth not sleep. The Norwick militia is beleaguered and weary; they need some respite. I believe that, in granting them that, lies our chance to defeat the vampire Fendon. 'Tis difficult for our fighting men to organize a counteroffensive against the undead when each night our gates are pressed, and each of their men who falls in their defense rises to bolster Fendon's unholy host.

Sir Davos' scouts have discovered information which may lead us to the recovery of a lost holy relic; the Shroud of Ilmater. By its power, and the power of many priests of the Gods of light, a ritual might be performed to consecrate the whole of Norwick, making it nigh unto unassailable by undead for a time.

If all should go as planned, 'twill allow us to organize a true counterattack against them from a fortified position, as well as granting us with time to devise a means of laying Fendon and perhaps even the souls of Old Norwick to rest, once and for all.

W-We are engaged in a great struggle. 'Tis a conflict not only of swords and bows, men and steel, but also of the spirit; light versus darkness. Our enemy wields darkness as its weapon, and we use naught but swords and men against it. Let us come together now in Faith. Let us wield the light of the Triad as our shield.

With the blessing of the Gods we shall soon have the Shroud. Alas... ahm... if we should find it, Fendon will do all that he can to see the ritual ended before it hath begun. For us to see the dawn, I must beg your aid and patience.

Ah... thank you. Blessings be upon you all.

• Romulus raises his hand and then steps forward to speak.

"Once, long ago, I had a personal encounter with Fendon in the Norwick crypts. I did not know who he was at the time; indeed, I had never heard of him before. My friends and I were attacked by a powerful undead champion near the purple door on the first level of the crypt. None of our party could hurt him seriously and we tried to run out of the crypt.

The others made it out, but I got trapped against the doorway and fell before I could get outside. I did not go to the fugue. Instead, I woke up in a small room with Fendon standing before me. He introduced himself and taunted me that none of my friends cared what happened to me. I immediately cast invisibility on myself and ran out the door. It was a real room in the far northwest corner of the first level, to the left and behind the profane alter.

Fendon can see invisibility and easily followed me. I got hemmed in by profane zombies on the narrow bridge. Fendon stepped in and destroyed the zombies, but I ran the opposite direction. There is no escape from the bridge in that direction and Fendom came right to where I was hiding and spoke to me.

He warned me to "Beware the darkness." Then he let me go. I ran across the bridge once more, using my hiding skills, and escaped from the crypt. My friends were just outside the crypt, coming to look for me. I told them this tale, and also reported it to the Legion.

I can show anyone that wants where the room Fendon talked to me was located. I have been there several times since then and he has not been there.
    I offer this information for whatever it is worth."

• María steps forward, staff on hand and leaning not-so-lightly on it

I will go stwraight to the point. She takes a deep breath I scwryed Fendon, and he eithewr didn't notice the scwrying, owr he didn't mind it at all.
    He was doing nothing of wrelevance, but I payed mowre attention at the wroom he was standing in. I identified the stones of which the walls of the wroom wewre made, and they happen to be the same as the cwrypt's by the gwraveyawrd. Howevewr that wroom is none of the usualy found ones down thewre. This means most pwrobably that thewre's a hidden doowr somewhewre down thewre, owr that we have to go thwrough the "puwrple doowr".