Magic Diary: Maria

• _Things seem to be getting bad enough for people to be really scared. Norwick seems to be in serious danger. Even N'jast soldiers, from what I've heard, tried to kill Biswan to retrieve the artifact. We need to act quickly and strong.

I've adopted Elva. She was really in need of a parental figure to guide her through her life. Perhaps I'm not the best mother, but it's the only one she'll have. I will make a respected Wizard. I have no doubt she'll make me proud…in time._

• _I don't know what was I thinking. As I explained already in class, undead is something that should not be played with. There's a soul trapped in that body, and every second of their existence is a punishment full of pain and suffering.
    It was good that I talked with Gleam about this and he said this to me, which is quite true.

So I looked for Ama'bael and in front of her and Therean I ripped the page from my spellbook, much as it hurts me to do so, since the spellbook is very dear to me…but it was the good thing to do.

Now there's a lich that wants me dead, just because I burnt his/her spellbook to ashes in front of his/her face. Maybe it wasn't the most wise move I've done, but then again I don't claim myself to be specialy wise... hopefuly we'll be able to take him/her down since we know where it lives, and with a bit of luck we can track the philactery and get it done for real.

As if we had not enough undead trouble, this Fendon fella is sending more undead, including vampires, to attack Norwick. He's annoying, but powerful enough for me to be on alert everytime he or his minions show up. I can fight spells, I can't fight big swords...I bet he'd slice through me in a few seconds._

• _I can understand their position on that spell. But they should respect other's opinion and they do not. That's not a good thing and I wish they knew better…specialy Ama'bael, who is one of my best friends. There's no doubt that the spell is NOT inherently evil, it's a neutral spell, and it's no different from charm person or dominate person, yet the insist that I remove the spell from my spellbook...that I cut off a page from my spellbook..

They certainly have no idea what is a spellbook to a wizard. I will not do this, and if doing nothing but good actions is not enough for them to trust me, then that's too bad._

• _I've started again with my classes at the keep. I thought it would be good to get those back since there's new magicians that are pretty much starters. That and the recent threads include a lot of magical power, and it will hurt no one to understand more about spells and magic in order to confront these better.

I hope many people will attend and that they'll be interactive and not just dummies sitting on chairs. That makes for boring classes.

–--------------------------------------------------------

Vaxin escaped. Our plan failed, or better said, we failed to follow our own plan...it was so confusing at times. But we can't just let this end here, we need to find him no matter what and stop him...and more importantly, I wish to make him pay for what he did to Ronan. I will not forgive him for that. Never.
    The war with the hoarans looks at any rate impossible to avoid, so things will be getting a bit more rough in the next months.

Nothing about Silea. To be honest I've not tried too hard lately to find her, because I've been busy with other things. But I hope that soon I'll have some more spare time and will be able to work on this.
    I'll have her back, whatever it takes._

• _I've been away visiting mother in Candlekeep. It had been a lot of time since I was there, and I had no wish to go back home without Silea…but I received that letter from my mother, and she was really wanting to see her only daughter.
    Everything was as I remembered, the streets , the people... though most of them didn't recognize me. It was a showrt visit, but definitely a long twrip, I'm so fawr away fwrom home hewre...
    Mom was quite happy to see me, and she listened to me with a bright smile while I was telling her about Narfell, my position at the keep and the fantastic friends I've made here. I didn't worry her with the deaths and risks I've taken, but I showed her a bit of my improvements with magic.
    Perhaps It shouldn't take that long next time for me to visit my mother again. All in all, it felt really good...

Ronan is still ill, but apparently stable. The healers are not sure what was what Vaxin did to him, but it's keeping him unconscious for a long time. Perhaps we need to defeat vaxin first, that I do not know.
    Anyways, this attack to Vaxin's lair that is to happen soon will be something really decisive. I expect to have a hard time, but we need to do this, yes or yes.
    I'll do my best.

Since I was gone, there was little I could do about finding Silea. I will take on it as soon as possible though. I will perhaps try to investigate further through oscura, it's been a while of that.

Well...that Celestial Avoral really enjoys punching. Everytime I summon him in combat, he puts away his bow and punch punch punch... at least he's still a good conversationalist. Summoned him several times on my trip to candlekeep to make me some company. I keep discovering new things about the celestial plane everyday, and he's so full of joy that It makes me smile through all of the talking.
    He says that perhaps one day I'm able to link better between both planes so I can summon a houndarchon for longer. Not many have managed that from what he says, but it's not unheard of._

• _Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh! now I have to share the keep with a gnome! or it was a hin? Must've been a hin…it was a tealeaf. Peppy.. a four feet square and acces to the laboratory...my my my....what kind of mess will that be in no time!!

However, It still needs to be completed. I've already made it so that some people patrol the lake's area frequently, that will make the work easier and save me some problems with those goblin runts. Once it's done, I'll hold a big fest!

On another topic...I've talked with Aramuil about certain possible apprentice. We'll reject him for now, he has shown evidence that he deals pacts with devils, something that we dont allow. If he can prove that he has broke such pacts forever, we might reconsider again._

• _I couldn't wait anymore. I broke the gem open to release our friend Ronan…he was in a very weak state, his fingers were broke and he had bruises all over his body...he clearly had been tortured and is now resting in the keep with his wife. He's unconscious still, and the priests are constantly checking on him.
    I'll make Vaxin pay for this, I swear I will.

I've talked to Z again, and he's already doing preparations and talking to see what can he do for my tower. He's not sure they'll be able to build it, but perhaps they can help gather the materials needed or something. We'll see about it soon.

Halaila, the Celestial Avoral Gleam introduced me to has been talking to me a bit more. Certainly he doesn't stay in our plane too much, so our conversations are usualy hurried. He seems a lot more capable than Gleam in battle, though he's so powerful that he's time on this place decreases considerably... Anyhow, I enjoy the presence of the celestial beings.

No new word about Silea. Im still hoping the construction of the Tower will draw the attention required to find more about this. I really want to see her with me again...she's the only person I'd give my live for...I love her._

• _That was a very close call today. I'm perhaps not focused enough? Or maybe I just think I'm more powerfull than I truly am. Either way I need to be more careful, and I need to pick a different kind of daily spells. I'm not sure if I should include a cold spell in my daily list, the cone of cold is powerful but not very practical to use.
    I'll have to meditate more on this.

The neardeath experience at hands of Iron golems was not though the only experience today. We had a hard time with some goblins that were commanded by Ugog the 3rd. Apparently this goblin "king" is ver powerfull, and so are his "friends". It took a lot of teamwork and magic to take all the creatures down, specially the dragon-looking one. Scary.

A curious dagger was found in a chest, a dagger I'm holding and which holds a powerful enchantment. We rolled for it, I was lucky and cautious, so I spent 10'000 coins to ensure I got it. It's a weapon, so I really have not much use for it except with certain combination of spells….however I'd rather have it than see it used by people I dont know nor trust. In the wrong hands could be a dangerous weapon. Anyways, most of the time will sit in my pocket.

The celestial Avoral Halalia (finaly got his name..) has been a bit more talktive, but he keeps boxing enemies...despite im telling him not to. At the end, I just can't but laugh.

I'm tired, I'll drop this here....will continue tomorrow._

• _I've learnt a new spell today, summoning of the seventh circle. From all the things I believe I could summon I choosed the Celestial Avoral. I like the company of Celestial beings and I'm getting used to it by now, thanks to Gleam. Not sure of his name, have just met him today and he looks like..a bit hyperactive?… He has a magic bow...but everytime I bring him to this plane he puts it away and starts runing and fighting things bare handed...
    Gleam has told me that perhaps he just is excited to be in this plane and all that... I suppose with time, as we get more close to each other, he'll act differently. We'll see!

Elva has lost her memory...partially, which is partly a blessing partly a curse. I hope when I'm done with her training I can say she's become a good mage. It's quite a challenge, I must say. I need Corwin to finish his studies too, so I can't take on new apprentices. Like that Elf...Sirion. But I'll have to have a stern word with him, I can't allow him to be making pacts or deals with devils, moreso after what happened with Kyan. He'll have to drop that.

Everytime I go past the goblin lake, I feel more like having my tower there. It's such a nice beautiful place...wouldn't have to carry my potions all over...could open a shop there, and have my students to come to me...rather than having to - stop rambling._

• _My own tower.
    I've been so focused on the rest of the things that I've barely give to this the extra thought it deserves. I've planned most of the things already, even talked with a few crafters about it. Some are not sure if they'd be able to perform such a big task, moreso after I told them the location. But we'll see, there's a lot of things to plan and do before taking that step… and of course there's more pressing and important matters.
    We've still not freed Senator Ronan, and strange as it might sound, I partialy excited to see him back with us. Perhaps not only because of him, but because I have the hope he'll be able to tell us more about our enemy.
    Who do I try to fool? It's clearly because of him. We've never been the best of friends, but all this time together in the Keep and adventuring I kinda end liking him...or sort of.

Back to the tower...that might be a good strategy to advance in my search of Silea. Perhaps she'll notice and send me a sign. Or perhaps those men in black will notice and attempt something. I don't know...this is just rambling. I really need to find some clue about Silea soon...I'm losing hope....

Good to have Gleam with me._

• _I've finally managed to make Elva explode into a uncontrolable rage. She really needed to stop being that softy cowardly mage and start to believe she could actualy do things on her own. I hope this doesn't get out of the way, it was a bit risky to just make her burst like that, but there was no other option.
    I've given her a few days without my presence, so she can calm down and she doesn't try to turn me to ashes on sight. I can't blame her, I really upseted her…She'll become a great wizard. Im sure.

Gleam has been spending some time with me these days that I had to stay away from Elva. I tried to explain to him the situation, but I don't think he understood entirely why was there a need to upset her. All in all he knows I did it for a good cause, and he didn't look bothered by it.
    I've promised him to stay away from anything that involves doing evil, way away, because he can feel our link weakening when those things happen. So no more of that. No more, again.
    I'm sure Silea would be proud of this decission...she always wanted me to become someone that people would appreciate. I won't give up looking for her, and Gleam has said he'll stay by my side on this search._

• _Nen'entul. I've been teaching him common. He asked me about it, and I considered very important for him to speak common. Since I'm a professor, and he looked nice enough, I accepted the task. He's learnt already the basics, so I think he'll be ready soon to speak it propertly.

Aramuil still wants to examine the gem that holds Ronan with his fancy spell.I believe that there's no need for such and the sooner we get Ronan back the better. But meh.

Nothing new about Silea. Starting to lose faith in finding her here, or any clue at all._

• _Today was a painful day. They keep saying nothing could be done, but I can't but feel guilty in some way about Aranwe's and Sy'wyn's deaths. The Quagoths are dangerous and vicious creatures and they do not stop until all of the intruders of their territory are killed.
    I couldn't help them when they were on the ground crying for help, It was very crowded and I was unable to cast propertly…it took a lot of effort to get out of there alive...and to be able to rescue them. I think I feel as if I should compensate them with something. We'll see..

Ronan is still trapped there...and we've found no way to free him safely. But at least he's with us and not with Vaxin...speaking about which...we should find him already and destroy him. What he seeks is not meant for us, mortals. And it will bring a lot of pain and destruction in it's path. He's a very skilled mage though, and I fear that many people might die trying to stop him...if we go unprepared.

Still no word on Silea either. This looks like a dead end to me. I keep looking and looking but I haven't found any new clues about it. I can't give up, I know she wouldn't give up for me. But I need to get away from Oscura for a while..it's too creepy and to dark....and it is something that tries to get into your heart. I need some time before I keep searching there._

• _I've done horrible things lately. Even if just a couple of things, but horrible things…it's eating me from the inside, It burns. I don't like this feeling...but I have to do whatever I have to do if that can bring me any closer to Silea. If I get knwon in their territory and I gain some trust, I might ask around and find out if Silea and those men in black are here.

But....would Silea approve this?...probably not. I need to find a way to not lose trust from them and not doing more of this horrible things.

I've been trying to compensate for those horrible actions, but it's not the way it should be. I will stop that now. No more of those, I can't find Silea that way only for her to discover I'm a horrible person now.

About Ronan...hopefuly we'll find him alive. I really hope so. It'll be a really unpleasant and tough trip, but it has to be done no matter what, and I won't hesitate in using everything I have on me to bring Ronan back with us._

• _Been too busy to stop and write here. Many things have been happening. First of all, Ronan was Kidnaped by Vaxin. Is not a secret that sometimes Ronan annoys me with is attitude…but If I'm honest with myself I must admit that he's definitely someone I care for. It's been a lot of time in the Keep together and in some adventures as well...including the unlucky encounter with the Darkenchantress and all what happened with it.
    We need to find him, I have no idea what could be the plans this Vaxin has for him, but I'm sure it's nothing good.

I also found more information about the observatory and the jury. Mike gave me a compass to which I casted a legend lore spell. It revealed very important information which I shawred with Eluwriel and Mike. It's quite confusing though, and things nevewr seem to be easy enough to take a couwrse of action. A defined one at least.

Gleam has been a lot more talktive lately. He has given up on the idea that he should be fighting alongside me when things get nasty, and he knows I do it for his own good. He mention something about growing and becomming stwronger, or something like that. His soft light and the fact he's born from the good will of people really makes me feel more peaceful when he's around.
    He mentioned that there's stronger celestials than him, that perhaps with the proper training and the proper studies I could be able to call one of them. Perhaps, who knows._

• _Today I summoned Gleam once again. He helped wilingly to fight some goblins that were swarming the gates, followed by undead. However I found it appropiated to dismiss him when things got a bit more naughty. I didn't want him to get hurt. He looked somewhat sad that he could not help me further, or perhaps it was just my impression.

Amongst the things we found on the goblins, two lesser planar focuses stones were found, which I'm keeping. For what I could tell it weakens the border between the planes, so the summoning is easier. Perhaps Gleam will find it interesting, I shall speak to him about it.

No news about Kyan. He's been hiding ever since he did his stupid deeds. He can't hide forever though, and it's just matter of time that he'll be found. I'd rather find him myself, there's things I'd like to ask him, answer I'd like to hear from him… such a wasted talent...

I've learnt about some suspicious people. The observatory and some juries and whatnot. The information I need still to organize in my head, but thing is it looks suspicious and I wonder if it has anything to do with Silea. Probably not, but who knows? I so much miss her...wish she was here now._

• _Gleam and I have been spending more time together. I told with him about Kyan. I feel deceived that things turn out like this with him. I explained Gleam about Kyan's past, and how I missed to investigate about it before admitting him in the keep. Gleam is fairly comprehensive and he told me that I couldn't guess there was anything to be aware of. Perhaps is true, but I don't like to think of the idea I've helped with the training of such an individual… I cewrtainly see no issue with the use of contwroll undead, but is the way it's used what detewrmines it's acceptance.
    He also attacked some people with spells of death, that's...not right to do, magic should be used with meassure and when it's required, not carelessly like he's been doing. It's not only a bleesing that we can use it, but also a responsability, and I fear I didn't teach him that right.

Gleam told me it might be not too late for him to change, but I fear that's not possible at all...If the time comes when I have face him, I sweawr my hands wont twremble._

• _Gleam. That is the name of the lantern archon. I've been summoning him to our plane from the celestial plane daily. We spend a lot of time chatting about my and his plane, at the same time I keep my celestial fluent. Gleam has been following me around and we are quite befriended by now. I try to keep him away from dangerous situations, but it sometimes can't be avoided, he seems wiling to be of help anywyas and he insists in aiding me when things get rough. Admitedly he's not very strong, but he sure knows how to scorch some creatures with lightning.

I'm learning quite some about the celestial plane and the creatures that live there, though there's still a lot more to learn. And Gleam seems also interested in the stories and knowledge I share with him about our plane and our region.
    It seems that Gleam has the ability to teleport, which is a very interesting skill. He told me that some day he'll show me. Perhaps I should research into that spell too._

• _I didn't have an easy time comming to Narfell, but I made it nontheless. Here I've been secretly looking for those that could belong to the organization, but I've seen no clue about it yet. Meanwhile, I've been learning as fast as I could, and trying to become known around, in case she would notice me, but so far it's been not the case.

I've made friends here, new friends, which in part makes things easier to handle. Specialy Thorn, who treats me specialy well, and that's something I've yet to thank him propertly. The keep, sort of my second home, so glad to be a member and professor. I can pass down my knowledge to others, so what I've learnt and know will always remain even after I'm long gone.

Life's going fairly good, I'm just missing one thing to be happy, Silea._

• _When I woke up it was the next day already. I reached to touch mu head, the hair was sticky…more than probably blood. Why they left me alive, I can't tell for sure. I have a few theories:

a) They thought I was dead. It was a stwrong hit in my head and I look faiwrly weak. Maybe they didn't have the time to check because they heard someone comming or they didnt want to stay after Silea's scream.

b) Silea told them if they killed me, she wouldn't go with them.

Both things were possible.

I tried to move, and everything seemed to move wiht me. So strong was the hit. I stumbled towards the left corner of the stables, where the buckets were pilled up. I filled one with water, and sinked my head in it for more than half a minute. I had to wake up.

It helped me only a bit, but was enough for me to move without hiting my face on things or wanting to throw up every two steps.
    I walked to the center of the stables, with all the straw, and sit. Why...How...and where did they take Silea.
    It had been a lot of time that we had been together and it wasn't hard for me to think as Silea would think. I quickly knew what to do. I ran towards the place she clearly had been held and started to move the straw away.

There it was, a note. I knew that she'd leave something for me. How she managed to write it, is still a mistery to me. She was highly skilled though, it didn't surprise me.

A short note, one word..the word that made me move here. "Narfell"

It's been already a few years since I arrived to Narfell, and I've tried to track her down or the group of [insert heavy insult] that took her away from me and our home. I've been learning, advancing with magic and gathering all the power and resourcess possible…for the day I find her. That day I want to be ready, I'll bring her back to me, yes or yes...because I owe her my life._