María's class

• More asking what the offensive type spells are, rather then the defensive ones, but you're right. Combust is a risky spell to use.

You bring up a point, however. Just because one has some power, it does not mean they're invincibile.. I've seen a few mages attempt a spell up close and have it be answered with lethal blow from their enemy. Which is why defense is just as important as offense. The second circle has many enhancements and defenses to offer for ones self, or for another. All the spells I chose from this circle, personally, are defensive. Though I suppose flame weapon could be considered both.

A common one for wizards being Fox's cunning. Not only does it give one a greater mind for learning and storing knowledge, but it also enhances the wizard's knowledge of their spells, thus making them more effective.

However, the same is not true for sorcerers. Eagle's splendor enhances their spells and natural talent. I speak this for sorcerers: Take care when using eagle's splendor… if it is dispelled from you, you will lose some of your powers... which, of course, can be regained with rest and meditation... however, spells can be precious on those long ventures.

I am sure most of you know of Fox's cunning and Eagle's splendor, depending on what type of mage you are.

Bull's Strength... this is the spell that warriors will crave and ask for on a near constant basis. As it enhances the physical strength of the subject. This spell can work well combined with others, which I'm sure "spell combinations" will be covered once we've gone over some of the basics.

Endurance. Enhances the strain the subject's body is able to take. You will last longer physically, have more physical energy, and your body will be made stronger against things such as disease and poison.

Owl's Wisdom. Gives the subject more insight to their surroundings and helps strengthen the mind. If you find yourself vulnerable to magical fear or spells such as "hold person.." ...this spell is for you. Take note that this spell also aids monks, as it apparently enhances the focus in their skills. I also believe it aids druids and clerics in some way with their castings, but you would have to ask one of them how that works..

Cat's Grace. This makes the subject more agile. Those who prefer ranged combat with a bow tend to like this spell. Also those who wish to remain hidden, deal with traps and locks. One of the favorite spells that a scout would like.

Now then, are there any questions on those spells? I only gave a brief summary of them, but if there are no questions, I shall continue on with some of the other spells. Again, the spells were: Fox's Cunning, Eagle's splendor, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, Owl's wisdom, and Endurance.

• Sitting down beside Elva, he does a few tricks with a gnomish yo-yo when Ronan's back is turned in an effort to cheer the young Evoker up.

{whisper} - Cheer up, Elva.

he then speaks up..

Second circle 'eh? Gedlee's Electric Loop and Melf's Acid Arrow are all well and good when you are standing behind a wall of heavily armored sods… what about the rest of the time? Aye, Combust 's a fine spell when you're nearby and can reach in quickly, but 's dangerous for folk like Elva here, who don't wear armor.

Spells like Ghostly Visage allow one to shrug off the best part of a light strike, and saves you from allot of spells.

Flame weapon is as good as an enchanted blade on occasion,

and when you don't have a rogue, Knock is darned handy.

• "Combust is an Evocation spell that causes the target to spontaneously combust into flames…the flames with burn the victim until they can put themselves out..."

• Correct, miss Elva. Can you tell us the effects of the spell? Though the name of it seems rather self-explanatory.

• _Elva raises her hand half heartedly

"Combust is an offensive spell of the second circle…."

She doesn't seem as motivated as she usually is_

• Hm, I suppose I shall begin if you're all going to be so shy. So then, second circle spells was it?

We'll start with the offensive spells this circle has to offer, because I do enjoy being offensive… erm.. with my spells in battle, that is. Now, I personally use no offensive spells from this circle, as the circle offers a variety of defensive ones that are quite useful, though still.. the offensive ones have their uses.

The most common one is Melf's Acid Arrow. A spell that will never miss, and is unavoidable even by the most slippery of characters. Another is Gidlee's Electric loop, which uses the element of lightning to stun a foe should they fail to avoid it. Can anyone else tell me of any other spells that might be considered offensive from this circle? Or perhaps some of you even know some of these spells? Do not be shy, feel free to speak up.

• Wandering in again, late, Bartho watches Ronan's rousal of Elva with a slight frown, taking a seat beside her, he wipes down his neck and right arm with a cloth, dopping a heavy toolbelt beside him on the ground. he takes out an pice of partchment and a gnonmish self inking pen, waiting for the lesson… looking nothing like a mage at all. making notes on his preffered 2nd circle spells

Fox's cunning : fortifying your mind and allowing your spells greater magnitude is invaluable for enchantments.

Gedlee's Electric Loop : Quite the handy spell, it can arc through multiple targets. especially handy if you have a resistance spell and can cast upon them around you.

Flame Weapon : Often it can give a warrior the assisstance they require to fell a foe that turns mundane blades…..

• Elva jolts awake and listens to Ronan with tired and slightly sad eyes, when he gets up and leaves she straightens herself out…but finds herself slouching and laying on her desk again...

• While the attending students prepare to inform him of the lessons they've been taught, Ronan casually heads on over to Elva's desk… arms folded in his robes. When he arrives, he kicks the desk to jolt her awake, looking down at her. If she wakes up, he says:

I hope the dream was not pleasant. If so, continue sleeping at home and do not waste your time here if you're not wanting to listen and learn. No one is forcing you to be here, young lady..

He then returns to the front for all to see him..

• Elva says nothing, still snoozing on her desk

• In light of Maria's absence, I will substitute for her in the mean time.

Ronan says

I am a professor at Spellweaver. If that is acceptable to everyone, we can begin as soon as possible. Maria's methods may be different from mine, so I will ask you students what you have gone over so far. Maria may go over this particular lesson again when she returns, though hearing different opinions may benefit you students in the long run.

So then, who would like to catch me up?

• Faide takes a seat beside the snoozing wizard, placing his bookbag on the table before him. He smiles and nudges Elva to wake her up.

"I don't think we're having class today Elva. Would you like to compare notes and go over what we have learned instead?"

• Professor Buttergarden shows up for Maria's class, then seems concerned when she doesn't show up.

Buttergarden:
    Where is Maria? We're only on the second circle for goodness sakes, and she's late! Has anyone seen her? Check the library. Check the bath house. Check Hemrod's shop. Where is that woman?

• Elva stays, even when everyone starts to leave, after a few more hours she falls asleep on her desk

• Next class everyone is waiting for María, but she doesn't seem to arrive…they wait and wait, some people wait for an hour, but María is nowhere to be seen, and noone seems to be able to tell where did she go.

• "Um….yes I have....but I dont want to wake anyone up once I reach the beds...."

• Blinks Have you considewred using a simple countwrip of light to help you in the towewr…?

• "Darkvision has other um…more practical uses as well....Its helped in the tower...when its dark and I have to walk down lots of stairs....b-but See Invisibility is also useful...

• Nods quietly at her good spells indeed. But do tell me, what's mowre common, to be able to see in the magical dawrnkess, which you can see and know it's thewre, owr to see invisible cwreatuwres that might be stalking?

• //Ice Dagger was changed from its original effect

Here it is taken from the build notes.

@931f3dd14b:

Ice Dagger will now do splash damage (1), but still offers a reflex save. Splash damage will round down to zero if saves are made.

_Elva raises her hand

Um…Invisibilty....because it makes you unseen....Balagarns Iron Horn...because it can knock down people who are surrounding you...and let you make a get away....Lesser Dispell....so you can strip magic off enemy mages...and um...Ultravison....so you can see in darkness...._