Wesley Hardin's Campaign

• Captain Hardin's campaign begins with less fanfare than most, though he too holds a rally, outside the Wavebreakers Guildhouse in the docks. It is well publicised and draws a decent crowd, but the bearded Guildmaster does not speak for very long.

Greetings friends. Thanks for coming out to support me today and listen to what I have to tell you. I will not keep you long, because behind me there is a feast waiting for you all in my Guildhouse. Suffice to say, I have always tried to put Peltarch above and before Profit in both my own personal life and in the affairs of my Guild. My reason? What good are my own riches if I stand by and allow the city to fall into ruin, corruption and poverty all around me. That is why neither I nor any in the Wavebreakers has ever put anything but the good of our City at the top of our agenda.

You all know who and what this is in contrast to. You all remember who sold their stores of food at cost during the war, and who sold it ELSEWHERE in the interests of great profit. My fellow candidate Mister Whyte said in his first speech how adept he was at keeping his Guild profitable, as if that was something to boast about! I wonder WHY it is that the Seafarers Guild is the ONLY guild in the entire city to turn a PROFIT during the N'Jast war! Could it be because they screwed our city and our people over by selling their food to Norwick?! It is not surprise that inflames my temper, my friends, but disgust! Disgust because this is so entirely unsurprising! Vaster Ashald and his cronies have been squeezing the life out of this city for decades, and this is just the latest tale among hundreds!

It is time we voted for those who will serve the city, not those who only with their own interests served by it. Thanks for listening…now, lets tuck in, I don't know about you lot but all this speaking is giving me an appetite.

The Guild's doors are thrown open and people line up eagerly to receive what seems to be a warm stew dinner and a pint of ale, with Hardin strolling around after getting a bowl of his own, munching and chatting with people, seeming all the more comfortable talking to them one on one.

• Legion

Marty is present too, and applauds the speech made by the man in the blue silk shirt

//Sorry this was late. Didn't spot the topic till now.

• Somewhere in the back.. a Knight in pink armor stands there, listening and nodding his head in agreement, then walks off to the College.

• Calen is seen after applauding, approaching Captain Hardin introducing himself humbly and then asking for a few minutes of his valuable time.

• An elderly man turns away after a sharp bark of laughter. mutters as he walks off Aye fergit the past they say and focus on the future and what profits may be reaped from this cities people…..aye, politics * a sour chuckle and he dissapears into the crowd*

• Magistrate D'Arneau claps in support for Hardin, in the background, after his speech is finished…

• A man appears, as if from thin air or perhaps the crowd, from behind the dwarf. A slight smile on his face as he leans upon a cane, his silken blue shirt giving off a soft light.

Aye, I know what I'd want in a leader. Actually, I know the opposite of what I'd want in a leader.

I'd want someone that would think of what's best for the people he serves first, not how he can best profit from it.

I'd want someone that would be honest with his citizens, not someone that'd smile to your face while sending two thugs to rough you up later.

I'd want someone that see's a threat and something that is evil and fights it rather than invites it in to eat.

I'd want someone that is a good and honest man, caring more about lives than profits.

I'd want a man like Wesley Hardin. A man that loves Peltarch and its people, that would strive to work for them. Who would sell his food stores to the people of THIS CITY, not for a profit, but simply to cover costs, because he realizes…unlike some Seafarers and Dwarves apparently...that there is more to life than how much Coin and Power you can get.

If the seafarers care so much for Norwick let them go run for Mayor there, but for Peltarch the guild of choice should be the one of history, the one smiled upon by the King Fisher himself, the Wavebreakers...and who better to represent them than their Captain. There's no finer man in this city, nor one that has given more through so many ways, than Wesley Hardin. And there's no better choice for Senate.

• After careful consideration Symone goes to ask his question.

It seems that you are comparing yourself with one of the other candidates, yet there are 14 other candidates. Why do you single out your seafarer counterpart? Is it because he is your closest competitor being in the same line of work?

Apart from that, I am curious to know just how you will use your commerce skills to the betterment of the city as a senator?

• Ah to sit back and cower while a neighbour is in need truely the act of cowardice and low moral fibre aye, well said that dwarf. What sort of coward wouldst do such whence a neighbour faced such aggression, it gladdens mine heart that our brave defenders aided Jiyyd and those of Jiyyd aided our fair city in its time of need.

• Seems to me that no one from N'Jast is runnin fer office… not sure why it matters what they did…

Now, as he pulls his cloaks hood further over his face I aint from here so my opinions don't matter much. I do know that a leader that is willing to take chances to help those in need is one I'd vote for instead of one that might have sat back and cowered when he was needed.

• ::Mariston watches with interest only when the back and forth begins does he speak::

Mayhaps the food aided those whom fled to Norwick, yet it left the city desperately short of food, one wouldst wonder why an army bent on a short siege wouldst sign a non-aggression pact with a smaller town, allow displaced refugees to go there…then filled with kindness they allow grain to leave the very place they seek to place under siege. Indeed an act of charity….

• Symone Au'Etaine mingles among the crowd during the speech and during the feasting afterwards, he listens to the comments and whispers of the people while running the speech through his head while considering a few questions to make of the candidate.

• The Dwarf smirks condescendingly at the obviously under-educated commoner that replied.

Nuthin's really free, lad.

• "That is true, but they did continue to sell for profit. If it was truly an act of charity, they would have offered the food for free."

• An old armored dwarf in the back of the crowd mumbles "…profit or not, his "competition" saved the lives of many starving Jiyyd refugees... the same Jiyyd that held off N'Jast from your walls... how quick these people ferget..."

• Melanie Stern is seen at the rally, wearing the gold and silver robes of her order. She's accompanied by her young daughter.

Though she has her hands full keeping her energetic child under control, Melanie does her best to listen to Hardin's speech. When the stew comes out, she collects bowls for them both and joins the mingling.