- FAQ Index - CHECK HERE FIRST! -

• 11.18.03 *
    • updated the broken links due to server move
    • marked the missing links for Kerby to update/locate

-RaDSaM

• Sorry, been out over the weekend… man, if this is what happens when I go on a shopping trip, I'm going to have to start hopping more via internet! 😉

I'll get it cleaned up. Thanks Father.

• Kerby, unfortunately your excellent post on FAQs links to the old forums, which don't exist.

• You guys rule.

And someday we will learn to bottle Kerby and sell her to small businesses. Be the next big thing after Fax Machines.

The rules O rez are:

1 Soul Shard which raises you and sets your XP to 1. You are given it at character creation and it disapears when you use it or hit level 2.

True Rez: Currently very expensive (6500gold) and available only by traveling to peltarch. No XP is lost from this.

Raise Dead: Can be performed by a Cleric of high enough level who has a Diamond (which costs 500 gold) or can also be performed by the Cleric/Healer in Jiyyd, Peltarch, or Norwick. The NPC will be more expensive than the 500 gold based on your level. You will be put in the middle of the last level you attained. Thus if you are level 7, you will be put halfway between 6 and 7 after raise.

Succubus: In the Fugue (Heaven) is a Succubus who will return you to life and will take one level and then put you at the middle of the level before that. Thus a level seven will be half way between 5 and 6 after raise.

In every death you will loose all your non token items, so you better hope there are friends who will pick up your stuff for you and return it to you when you are raised.

There are no Rezzes given by DMs for bugs, lag, stupidity, transition problems, etc etc etc. Sometimes the DMs will issue free rezzes if they make a mistake and kill you. (IE you were sitting in town and they right-clicked the kill button on you) They will usually NOT give you a free rez if you die on a quest. In other words, if you die, for any reason, don't plan on help from the DMs, use one of the above methods.

• I'd just like to observe that the 'Death and Ressurrection' part of the FAQ list is tremendously underdetailed… all it basically is is a blanket statement of "don't expect a free res from the DMs, bucko." I think a detailed post on exactly what the penalties of death in Narf are would be very, very useful, and might help the newb mortality rate.

As I understand it (without confidence, please correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am) the policies are as such:

<snip>If someone more knowledgable than I could write up the correct details and link it in, I think this'd be a boon.

EDIT: See Illuminatus' post below for the reply and details.

-Lagermane</snip>

• I played a svirfneblin in PnP once, it was amusing to say the least… he went the way of my Fey'ri Wizard though... smashed under a rock by a giant.

• @e2da087984=X-Kalibur:

Nobody wants to be stinky ol' Duergar anyway 😛

Well, who'd want to play a svirfneblin, for crying out loud?Those were on the list before… With the current numbers of dwarves and gnomes, I'd figure duergar are more likely to appear than svirfneblin ^_^

• @d7a06acb70=Kerby:

Not Allowed (without a Citizen’s Token and DM Permission) includes - Planetouched, Tiefling…

I worded it this way to make sure that it was not an all inclusive list. But thanks, I've updated it. 😉

• Nobody wants to be stinky ol' Duergar anyway 😛

• Think you forgot Duergar in the not-allowed-list o_o

• Nice work Kerby et al 😄

Stickied.

• This is great 🙂

I want to add something too!

The Fixed World Clock - For those that have troubles with the timezones.

Realms Help - I use this site for reference about almost anything in the FR. Now its your time 😉

• good work guys, keep it up 🙂

• perhaps a link to the class guides too?

druid/rogue/bard? we should really get some more of those…looks at people who have l33t l3v3ls

c'mon, there's gotta be people who have tips for RPing paladins, clerics, sorcerers, wizards, rangers, fighters, monks and barbarians!

• I have noticed a lot of newer players to Narfell posting topics to get a quick fix to thier issues. There is tons of information on this forum that goes into great detail and give a huge range of opinions on just about any subject you can think of related to the running and interpretation of the setup for Narfell.

It's great reading, but if you don't want to browse, there is a search tool that will lead you to the most likely place to find the answer to your question (the link is at the top of every page in here). The reason I post this is that the more posts that are made about topics already covered, the more difficult it is for new player to filter through all of the posts to find the answer to thier question.

I have learned a lot from just browsing through. When I first got on this server (almost a year ago) I was convinced that I had all the answers to the woes that Narfell deals with. It has taken me this long to realize that just about any problem Narfell has, has been discussed ad naueseum and dealt with in the most reasonable manner possible… generally by people that are smarter than I am.

It's too bad that there is not endless space to store all of the previous thread. More knowledge about the running of a PW RP server than has been forgotten by the dropping of old threads than any other server has in total (or at least seems that way).

As a recommendation to the admins of the forums... perhaps a Reference Forum that is readable but locked for Admins to post basic info in as brief a manner as is possible?