Where did your loggin name come from?

• Just as the topic says. Thought this would be fun.

NWN is the first online game I've played (apart from Halo) that required a loggin name. I was going to use my original name "Archangel" which I have been using for a code-name for I don't even know how long now. Of course, I knew that "Archangel" was already going to be taken, so I started thinking of a name. Me being the uncreative person I am with names, just started looking around my room for names from anything anything that was laying around. That's when I came across my cute little turtle beanie-baby, looked at the tag and saw it was manufactured by "Zangeen Inc.". Thought the name sounded cool, so I stuck with it ever since. The great thing about it is, I know nobody else will take it! 😄

• My logins..

Applecitron - I felt like having pie when making this account. Applepie. With a little bit of lemon (citrus) on it.

HedCker - From my FPS era. Head Seeker.

Wywernywin - I made a character called Meradang Wywernywin in Baldur's Gate, in the Wyvern area. Damn things were killing my party all the time, and I wanted to win them wyverns.

Yargniathus - Was hanging out at #Blackmetal_fi in QuakeNet, and I needed a blackmetalish twist on my name, Jani. So.. Ja -> Ya, little rgn fluff cause it sounds angry, ni stays as ni, and random name ending.

• Several people assumed that I got my login from being a beer lover. The truth of the matter is I don't drink, and just made the name up on the spur of the moment coz it sounded cool to me. Which really describes how I come up with most of my RPG character names that aren't bad puns or veiled jokes.

• Heh, that's why I never name my characters after anything related to real life… now that ex-girlfriend is the most powerful PC spellcaster in the history of Narfell. :twisted:

• "Gonnar" is very mundane nick… originaly "Gonnar Domne"... is just the name I gave to my first character ever when I was 6 years old. And well.. it's short, it's easy to read and pronounce. So yeah XD

I had probably the stupidest nick too. RYM. Which stood for Raúl Y María (Y being "and" in spanish). María was my GF, and I also named my char after her... Only realized it was a silly mistake when she broke up with me :lol: :lol: Good thing the SupahAdmins could change my forum's nick to Gonnar after request.

• @2d35881adf=MexicanCookie:

MexicanCookie is my wife's pet name for me because I have a vague Mexican heritage. I have no idea where cookie came from.

One time she explained it to me with a sketch of a cookie wearing a sombrero. I still don't get it. :?

:lol: :lol: oh boy… oh boy xDD

• I chose AubreyMaturin after my first several Narfell login tries with more conventional names were rejected as duplicates. Those who have read Patrick OBrian's novels know that these are the names of the two main characters (Captain Jack Aubrey and Dr Steven Maturin) in his epic series of 20 novels about the British Royal Navy during the period 1800-1816. The movie "Master and Commander" that came out about 2004 was based one of these books.

My previous experience with online role playing campaigns came in 1998-2001 when I was the French Admiral in the Campaign for India, a naval strategic and tactical simulation set during 1781-1783. I have been playing D&D off and on for three decades.

Login: AubreyMaturin
    Characters: Romulus Grey, Bard the bowman
    Trotter, Spooky halfling ranger
    Shesarai Foutopolis, Red-haired cleric of Mystra

• Legion

MexicanCookie is my wife's pet name for me because I have a vague Mexican heritage. I have no idea where cookie came from.

One time she explained it to me with a sketch of a cookie wearing a sombrero. I still don't get it. :?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvaNJNuhiV4

Its like a clown that is a baby

• Alright, as for me, people have been calling me Play since I was 6 years old (completely unrelated with a certain Sony product I was addicted to back in the day). When I grew up, however, my addiction faded… Only to be replaced with an addiction with Halo. And so, adding the Main Character's rank of my latest addiction to the one I had before, a hybrid by the name of MCPlay is born. The mcp.993 variation I use as login is just an abbreviation of it with the 3 digit code SPARTAN-IIs have.

• Kerby is my middle name. I'm told it is Scottish in origin… 'kirk by' which mean 'by the church'.

My middle name WAS going to be Doyle, but I was born in 1970 and there was a big agricultural pesticide stink going on at the time, which would have made my initials the same as the pesticide... DDT. So instead my parents opted for their second choice of DKT, and thus Kerby was born.

• For me, Life has felt like a river of thorns. That's why I chose Riverthorn.

• http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sciolist - because I am!

And I like online names using the first syllable 'Si', 'Sy', 'Sci', 'Psi' or 'Psy'.
    Simon

• Rhisto's my nick from Socom Navy Seals, a playstation 2 fps.
    I made it up myself.

Rhistin's the female derivative, nothing more (didn't like Rhistova).

• edits original post, this time with his story

• @13740a4638=Andelas:

Andelas was the name of my first DnD character way back in the 70s. He was a grey elf fighter/mage, I was such a munchkin.

Was? [arches eyebrow] doesn't Ayce have a 30d6 Death Attack?

• Andelas was the name of my first DnD character way back in the 70s. He was a grey elf fighter/mage, I was such a munchkin.

• As with damiensecond, I cut my teeth in online multiplayer games with FPSs. My particular baptism by fire came with the game "Starsiege: Tribes" which had no singleplayer component other than a few training tutorials. I joined a new team with a few friends in a competitive "ladder" called Tribe Constellation which was a gimmick and each player chose the name of a constellation to represent themselves.

As I was a defensive player almost exclusively, I looked for a constellation that might fit that profile and came across Scutum, a small and little-known constellation viewable primarily from the southern hemisphere.

Scutum, latin for "the shield" (as anybody that's played Diablo could probably tell you), is named after the Polish King Jan Sobieski III, who led his hussars, arguably the most feared and effective cavalry of the era, in a forced march that left his own land virtually defenseless to assume overall command of allied forces in the Battle of Vienna in 1683. The Ottoman siege of that city was lifted, the invasion of Europe was beaten back, and Sobieski was henceforth known as the "Shield of Europe".

When I started playing multiplayer NWN, I kept the name Scutum for my login (and first PC) so that my Tribes buds could find me if they came looking (which a couple did). And my RL buds that have played both games with me often call me "Scut" in person.

• Baldur's Gate, when I first played it back in '99, was my first exposure to Dungeons and Dragons (apart from that scene in E.T., which I didn't even notice until a fairly recent viewing of it). My neighbor had acquired a pirated copy of it from his cousin, and I watched him play it for a couple hours one day.

I didn't get to play right away, though. Back in the day before CD burners or emulators were plentiful and accessible (at least to 11 year olds), there was no way I could get it to my house, to my computer, until his mighty and benevolent cousin could burn another copy.

So I sat around plotting a name for my character. I knew it needed a Z or an X or a V, or some other letter or feature that would make it bad-ass. I must have had a whole page of random combinations of nonsense syllables with those letters. When I finally got my hands on the game, I had chosen (rather arbitrarily from an arbitrary list) the name Zanetar.

I would later use the same character in Baldur's Gate II, and then Neverwinter Nights, as well as my first Dungeons and Dragons campaign, along with the name as a handle for a variety of b-grade first person shooters and real-time strategy titles I played online. The name was stuck long before I stumbled my way into Narfell.

• I started playing first person shooters online back in 1996 (Quake and Quake II, DukeNukem 3D, Half-life) and used the nick "Kelemvor" from this silly series of books I read 😉

I then began playing Counter-Strike when the MOD was released and there was already a guy on the server I played on that used that nick so I, on a spur of the moment changed my nick to "PostalWorker" being the uncreative guy I am. Shortly thereafter I made a clan called "MAD" and I putting the clan tag on my name became [MAD]PostalWorker. When the clan fell apart I kept the tag and called myself MadPostalWorker after that. A few years ago I had a fellow online teammate in Counterstrike that used the name "damien". He died in a car crash and to honour him I started playing under the nick name "damien2nd" owning up noobs in his honour! Well… I've used various versions such as damien`2nd, damien^2nd, damiensecond, etc but always keep the 2nd a part of the nick.

Calendel my main pc... was an auto generated name that I modified so that I wouldn't have the same name as someone else who auto generated one.