Where did your loggin name come from?

• ICC

Well my nickname´s pretty obvious, i remember fifteen years ago when is was 10 years old ive read for the very first time The Lord of the Rings. (translates to Portuguese) finishing the book, few days after buying it, i came to the conclusion that the character ive loved the most was not Frodo.. nor Sam… Aragorn etc etc.... NO... sick grin my favorit characters of them all were the Black Riders…. :twisted: :elol:

puts on a more sinister and dark tone of voice
    And sitting there on my desk´s chair, holding the book in my hands... i came to a conclusion.... i was evil inside.... :elol: laughs out loud maniacly and drools compulsivly
    MMWAHAHAHAAAAAAAaaaaaaa..........
    😄

KULL (Half Orc Barbarian, Training Officer and Major in the Legion)

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!

• I've been using this nickname for as long as I can remember. It was originally derived from a childhood nickname made by my grandfather, who called me Skeeterbug, and later Skeeter Dee, because my last name begins with a 'D'. Through the years, all of my family members began calling me that, and they eventually just started usually the shortened version, Skeet. I've used 'Skeet' as an IRC/Computer handle/nick ever since I was about 10 years old, and I'm now close to 22.

• Heh,

Everyone gets he wrong idea about my online moniker "The Great Balls of Fire", which was always intentional.

I tend to be a rather…opinionated and I'm not at all afraid to make a stand on any issue I believe in on a web board, thus the name fit pretty well as a sort of glove to the face in getting people's attention for a hot debate.

Also, I wanted a name that hinted I was young male, rather than a...mature lady.

And finally, when I was quite young, I was impressed and enamored by the fiesty rockabilly artist Jerry Lee Lewis, who had an early hit titled "Great Balls of Fire".

😉

• Yith is from H. P. Lovecraft, creator of Cthulhu. There are an alien race called "The grace race of Yith". They are a time traveling triangle shaped specie with tentacles that can read peoples minds. I mean, if your going to pick an alien race, what better?

Nothing to do with www.yith.org which is a synagogue in Georgia.

• …well what? What? What? What? I'll keep this up until you explain yourself, young man! prods the wannabe Irishman repeatedly with a sharp stick

My own nick/login is a result of my family's fondness for playing with words, often flipping letters or parts of the words around to make silly new ones.

Karnivor is an old nickname my sister gave me, the "Karni" part being my own name, slightly jumbled. The extra r's in my login, though.. well, obviously I was feeling extra feral that day 😉

• @0dcae30714:

JBirdL is fairly uncreative, especially since I made it 13 years ago at the tender age of 10 – my first name is Jay and my last name begins with an L. Combine that with the fact that a jay is a type of bird, and there you have it.

Funny… I always read it as "Jailbird" in a passing glance... no connection, I'm sure...

as for my own, well...

• Initials are always an enigma. You never know whether it's a name, a motto, a creed or someone's curse in four letters.

• Hess is a family name: My great great grandfather Justus Hess came to the States from near Frankfurt in the mid 19th Century. Unfortunately I have no relations to the Hess Fusl Oil company…

Arksaniss is a name I created when i was about 10 for my first PnP (AD&D) character. I think I based it loosely on the name 'Atriedes' from the Dune Saga.

When I rediscovered PnP about 8 years ago, my half-elven DRD/RGR was named Hess Arksaniss, as was my very first Narf PC that lasted all of about 3 minutes.

As for 'Clan Dolvak', I had little faith that my dwarves would live full lives, so I didnt want to be specific. Dwin was the third or fourth Dolvak and the only one to live more than a week or so 🙂

• Ehm, I came up with a rather long sounding name for one of my first characters Elor Danna L'acoi D'rath and something, I think there was an Ulthan in there too, which was basically me taking words from different fantasy sources (The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, The Sword of Truth series and Warhammer 40k), and then some words which I thought sounded elvish (being 14 or 15 at that time >_<). Elor Danna…well, I just thought that it sounded cool.

I started using "Henri" in irc, because, ehm, that's my rl name, and I always felt kinda weird being called Elor.

My new online alias is Dunehunter, which I use pretty much anywhere. I was looking to replace my old hotmail adress (khaine_asur@hotmail.com...yes, I was a Warhammer freak), and having just told a friend about how cool the Dune books are, he suggested dunehunter@hotmail, which kinda stuck, so now I'm usually called Dune. Or Tune, when the forums mess up and change everyone's name.

• Been using Vilehelm ever since I was looking for a different PC to play baldur's gate with than my classic paladin. Looking for a name for an evil bard with the Edwin picture, I decided to take my own name and make it a little more evil-sounding. Somehow, it stuck, and I used it to replace all my gaming nicks with it.

It's definitely better-sounding than Killer Skunk or Eshgal Darkeye anyway.

Funny, though, how my friends even call me "Vile" on many occasions.

Sadly "Vilehelm" is not a very original nick as you notice when you google it. It's even a RL name in Germany.

• Legion

While working as a youth minister in the Anglican church (Episc), I began conversing with one of the local satanic ministers via Email. He was a sinister kinda fella, so I decided to use an alias instead of my real name - not being net savy enough to know that he could probably track down my identity anyway. There's a guy mentioned in the bible called Caleb who I always liked. His name means "dog" in hebrew, and at 85 years old he was still swinging his sword. There was something about that crazy old dog man that always inspired me, and I've used the name ever since - but spelt with a "K" … because ... "K" is a little harder than "C".

I have a character on the Star Wars Combine called Kayleb, and my first real Narf character was Kayleb the Beggar.

• I was taking a japanese class and the teacher had a hell of a time pronouncing my name: Forest.

It would come out something like "fa - re - su - tu".

After about a month of this, I looked up the Japanese kanji character for forest, which is mori. Kanji are abstract picture words the japanese stole from the chinese.

example of the kanji mori

Its a .. feminine word, and seen in many female japenese names, but meh - like I care. The teacher liked calling me Mori.

As for kahn, well.. a I was playing some video game with my friends and I was the Mongols. Needless to say, Mori Khan won. For some reason, I started mispelling Khan as kahn, and it just stuck.

Some of my old friends call me Mori in real life.

• The first Sethan tr'Rial was an old PnP character of mine. A military assassin and spy. Not evil, but not particularly nice either, he eventually went mad after being forced to stab his wife with a soul destroying weapon in order to prevent a rogue god from destroying their world. He later murdered the keeper of a gate that allowed time travel, stole the control stones, and was never seen or heard from again.

The second Sethan tr'Rial was created for a short story I wrote when I was playing Star Fleet Command. I needed a name for my Romulan Commander, and plagiarizing my old PC name was the best I could do on short notice. The short story turned into a much longer one, the second Sethan turned out to be a much more honorable fellow (being an old-school TOS Romulan) than the first one, and I've used that as my logon name in most places, ever since.

• LowerDenizen made mine, since he was trying to force me into playing Narf and I kept saying I'd get around to making an account some day and it was just taking too damn long for his standards. He made up my account name being a bastard, knowing I hate Nilla Wafer cookies. So my punishment for being lazy and uninterested, was to have a stupid cookie name.

Oh well. I don't so much mind being called Nilla; cause it sounds kind of cute. Even if it is a little bit of a racial slur. Though wafer is not much better. So yeah, my name sucks in general. Ya'll can start calling me Molly.

• Well, I came up with mine when I was just a lil dude. There was a computer game called "Summoner" (probably most of you have heard of it) and I loved the game. So that is where the "Summoner" part came from.

The "XI" came from NWN. Cause XI (Its actually supposed to be IX, since thats 9, but I was just a little person back then) is the highest lvl summon in the 1-9 circle spells on NWN. So I thought that made me sound so uber c00lz.

I put them together and there was my account name "SummonerXI." Woohoo!

I stick with it because it reminds me of how long I've been playing this game… its definately not because it sounds cool or anything, which it kinda doesn't (in my opinion). So there ya have it 😄

• Well, Kuk has always been my nickname since I can remember. It was my dads and my uncles and my brothers as well. Shout Kuk at our family reunion and everyone looks. Its easier to say Kuk than Kuklinski which is our last name.

9 has been my number in hockey since I started playing some 30 years ago.

Add them together and add a little er a the end and you have kuk9er, my login.

• In high school a friend called me teah instead of my name.

When looking for the name of my first VTM character I decided to use Teah. Perhaps this wasn't the most creative thing to do. At the time Lisara had a character named Kyra McCord. Our characters started together as humans in a campaign set in Orlando. My character was embraced by a nosferatu and hers a malkavian.

Several years later Masume and Lisara had a VTM role play channel in IRC set in Venice. They wanted someone they knew to help fill out their city council. So I was asked to reprise Teah as the nosferatu primogen of Venice.

As time passes Masume then created a world with his friend and coworker Crucible. Crucible and he made a persistent world for a new game called NWN and they called it Narfell. Masume wanted to help out his IG players by giving them and oog place to chat and kibitz. He needed help in showing the IRC newbs how to emote how to join and leave channels how to register nicknames and the like. Thus Narfell's first Op @ other than Masume was born and she was named Teah because I was playing a nosferatu primogen in an IRC game of VTM and couldn't be bothered to change my nick.

QTpie came up because my sweetie KB used the alternate Quotient and I was T and I like pie. I wanted and alt and chose the nick based on those criteria and that it sounds like cutie pie 😄

so there you go.

T

• Caoimhín is my first name, but I liked the name Dante at the time too, so I stuck them both together.

• JBirdL is fairly uncreative, especially since I made it 13 years ago at the tender age of 10 – my first name is Jay and my last name begins with an L. Combine that with the fact that a jay is a type of bird, and there you have it.

Evendur can be found in the FR campaign setting under common Chondathan names. My creativity knows no bounds! 😄

• When writing a story back in high school, I needed a name for one of the main characters. I sounded out some syllables together, and came up with Kallethen, which ended up being the guy's last name (first was Ral).

After some time, I sort of adopted the name as a pen name. When I started to hang out online, I used Kallethen as my ID and it's stuck over the many years.