Recruit Trainining with Colonel Mord Cabro

• _Wren eyes the two new recruits with a look mixing sympathy, disbelief, pity, and malignant glee in equal measures.

She is overheard later speaking to the training lieutenant in a hushed voice, although the words "full pack", "total exhaustion", "giant rolling boulders", "extremely painful", "pit traps", "fire ants", "three days without sleep", and "probably won't be fatal" can be made out.

She leaves with a wide grin._

• Mord stands before the morning muster

We have a couple of new recruits ye all will be workin with. I would like a few of the more veteran guards to get them goin. Work em hard and work em long.

One be the name of Nichos Notteel and another by the name of Abel Nightrode. I have explained the basis of trainin to em. Ifn I see any of ye goin soft on em I will start ye over until ye can remember what it be like. I want regular reports on me desk whenever ye have a trainee under ye.

looks them over one more time

The men ber yers Lieutenant

((OOc Please let me know how these two are doing or if there are others you come across. You can post short trainning posts here and recommendations to me in your regular Militia reports. I expect all militia members to go out of their way a bit to try and build up our forces with good recruits. Thanks all ahead of time))

Darkspyr

• Mord stalks in from the North just before sunrise. His eyes still seem to be tight and his mouth a hard line. He settles down a moment and looks at the stack of reports then stands and paces a moment. He mutters softly "Hells and damnation…..I had plans fer im... *

He stalks out as the guard comes out in formation and moves down the line for inspection. He smiles thinly and turns to the lieutenenant and drawls softly "They be looking a bit soft don't ye think? Full gear and pack I think. I want a pile of Hobgoblin heads waist high near the bridge when I head north this afternoon.

Dismissed. he salutes and heads in to the endless reports.

• @0e14d42c4c=Darkspyr:

Mord passes the secretary as he moves intothe office, overhearing some of her words. He makes no outward sign of what he sees or and and move in to speak with Dwinn and theChancellor

(( continuing this closed door conversation in a private thread ))

• :Maythor Looks at Krig: Yee goin tee eats dat cheezeee?

• Mord passes the secretary as he moves intothe office, overhearing some of her words. He makes no outward sign of what he sees or and and move in to speak with Dwinn and theChancellor

Commander, Chancellor. he starts then stops a moment and shakes his head and smiles thinly as he peals the mold off a piece of cheese.

Chancellor. We have capable Lieutenants in the absence of the Commander or I. Either Maya or Cyrian may issue orders to the trainees and they be put in charge of some of the trainnin as it is. I ould like ta see a good solid sargeant in place soon who could handle much of this. Havin yer secretary issue orders will not work long and I personally will not support it goin on.

he leans back and drinks the thin ale, then chuckles softly and looks at the mug Though I will say she has a way about er, she be nought in the ranks and will ruin morale, good intentions er not.

• _Meanwhile outside Harmony is seen to be distributing finer quality cheese and fine ales to the normal militia, whose morale currently be at its lowest point from the recent bloody attack from the demons by the south gate.

She mentions to the armed men that the Chancellor, Commander and the Advisor are feasting on cheap ales and mouldy cheese instead, for they wish the militia to have better food to improve their spirits from the battered battle.

Of course she fails not to make sure that the word got out into forms of gossips the commoners of Norwick might be encouraged to talk about in the days to come, of the Norwick's leaders' modest generiosity._

• Dwin waves her off and shuts the door behind her.

• Complied she does, bringing in ordinary ale and mouldy cheese however in the office. When asked why are such food given to them, she replies softly with the usual melodic tone.

"Forgive I, for all the fresh food be given to the commoners as priority in their emergency relief from the recent attack of the fog.

If these cheese be not par to the militia rations, an alternative thy could bring, in form of dry noodles mayhaps?"

• As the Chancellor's secretary, I suggest you tell him to meet us in his Advisor's office, where we'll be waitin on him.

Dwin turns to go to Calendel's office

Oh, and see that some ale and cheese are brought to us.

• Lady Harmony could be seen, speaking informing Dwin right immediately he had made the announcement, much to his displeasure of course. In her usual manner of humbleness, she bows deeply and began to speak in her soft melodic tone.

"Believe I do, there has been some augmentations made Commander, of thine's role. Propose and urge strongly thy will, that thee may wish speak further to the Chancellor of my role in the militia during certain period of time, where thee is not even available at all.

Chancellor be in his office as we speak, mayhaps now may be the best time, to overcome differences or rifts between us though discussions."

• @ae335ebf73=elor_danna:

In what appears to be a task set for him by the Chancellor's new secretary, Ezachiel has been spending a lot of time guarding the empty Boarshead, walking rounds around it or just sitting on the ground in front of it, reading, while his panther does some rounds.

Albeit a bit late, when Dwin hears that orders are assigned by non-Militia he instructs ALL of his Militia members to report any such violations to him immediately in the future.

"No one is to give or receive any orders unless ya work for me, got it?"

• A messenger delivers a note to Sergeant Mord, stating that Trainee Ezachiel is unable to continue training, due to him being pressed into service as a Gypsy Guard for accidentally getting four of them killed.

• In what appears to be a task set for him by the Chancellor's new secretary, Ezachiel has been spending a lot of time guarding the empty Boarshead, walking rounds around it or just sitting on the ground in front of it, reading, while his panther does some rounds.

• ((I will not be online from the 28th to July 7th. the rcruits go through their regular trainning regimen. If Dwinn or the Chancellor want to throw something special their way have at em. I may be on tonight but after that I am off to visit family. Have fun all . Darkspyr))

• Mord purses his lips as he watches Ezachiel and when the trainee aproaches him he slowly thins his lips into a nonexistant smile. He glances at the sun then at the tainees and raises an eyebrow and speaks quietly Tis a long run ta the north wall tainee….best not keep the sargeant waitin. As the trainee runs off Mord turns back to the trainning yard and looks at the dummies quirking and odd little smile tis a start at least. Then he turns back to the pile of reports with a sigh

• Holding the items in his hands for a couple of moments, Ezachiel begins to smile, then drops them on the ground and goes looking for a nice big flat stone to dig with. Before highsun, the task is done, and Ezachiel approaches Mord again.

• Mord does his normal morning inspection of the guards and new trainees. He checks over their armor and equipment, frowning now and then and finally moves and speaks quietly to the sargeant. The guards are dismissed and all that remain are the trainees. As they set out for the north wall The sargeant barks at Ezachiel who peels off. The Sargeant glowers at him a moment then hands him a spoon, three spear heads and a copper ingot. He points to the corner where the new melee dummies lie and barks to have them dug and planted afore the sun hits its high. He is then to report to the north wall on the double. As the sargeant trots off he can be heard shouting back "Nay magic trainee er twill have yer head on a platter".

Mord can be seen observing quietly from the barracks as he works on reports.

• It would appear that Ezachiel has started doing some extra training. When not on duty, he sometimes walks up to the gate on Sam's visible, then dissapears into thin air, only to appear again on the same spot hours later, looking exhausted, as if he ran up and down the Nars pass a couple of times.

• _The group fighting seems to be to Wren's liking… when the inevitable bands of hobgoblins are encountered, she takes lethal advantage of their attention momentarily going to another trainee. Unlike most dwarves, she favors a blade instead of an axe; a long, curved Sembian saber suited for either powerful slashing attacks or precise stabs. Her fighting style makes the most of this, aiming for knees, elbows, and groins.

When the hobgoblins do get in hits on trainees, she proves extremely adept at first aid, as well.

Her archery, on the other hand, fails to impress... although the arrow does at least go in roughly the right direction._