Dwin stands on a bench

• chuckles Me? Desperate?

I aint the one letting that Ezachiel fella in… from what I hear, yer the one that's buddies with him. Maybe you could tell us more then?

Otherwise, stop wastin me time.

• @67017e3523=Clan:

I got folks comin up to me complain that there are known banites allowed in town by the Legion… and that you, Genzir, have no problem with it either, yet there's no one to even bring such an issue to.

Are you desperate for dirt or just clueless?

• ICC

Looks at Dwin with apparent astonishment

Chuckles to himself, thinking..
    Your seething ire inside must really consume all of your time.

Speaks up yet again in an even, civilized tone
    The question still stands, do you have some advanced knowledge which has driven you to step upon this bench? It requires a simple response. Either a yes or a no will suffice.

Apparently, your actions speak volumes already that you have advanced information which would benefit the safety of these good citizens.

Turns to the others around him
    Why else would Dwin be up there on that bench? Why else would Dwin have packed up his crafthall and abandoned this hamlet? Why else would he ridicule persons like myself who ask simple questions from our leaders like Dwin, yet instead of direct answers, we receive insults and condemnation?
    turns back to Dwin

Already you insult my intelligence and accuse me of being one of the usual whiners? Well sir, I'm not the one standing on a bench whining about leadership and spreading fear to the masses. If I were in a position of leadership, such as the position entrusted to you by the people of this good community, a position of which you are quite obviously misusing and abusing from your bully pulpit, I would address these issues in a civil tone and fashion… and not with ridiculousness and hotheaded insults.

However, you are correct in one aspect. Clearly, through the actions of our leadership, we need to demand new representation. Furthermore, a bench in the middle of town is hardly the place to uphold the dignity of public office.

Casts Dwin a look of pitty and deep sorrow.

• Dwin smirks Why am I standin on a bench? You makin fun o me height now?

I dont give a fark what you think o me "tone." I dont even really know who the fark you are or if you live hear or not. I recognoze ya as one of the usual whiners… that's all I need to know I s'pose. waves his hand dismissively

Looks to Genzir

Carpetbagger? Call me what you want if you agree that we need some action here. I am just tryin to draw attention to the fact that we got no current leadership that I can see. if that attention leads to some real decisions bein' made, then I am acheivin my goals.

I got folks comin up to me complain that there are known banites allowed in town by the Legion... and that you, Genzir, have no problem with it either, yet there's no one to even bring such an issue to.

• @704604e9d1=Archon_Prime:

He then turns to Dwin..
    "And what would you suggest then? Who would you suggest to fill the council positions and responsibilities that remain empty?"

Genzir speaks up

What we should do is hold an election, re-consider all the current council positions, maybe kick out the inactive members, and also the carpetbaggers gestures to Dwin, and write up a set of rules for how we make decisions about the town.

I would like to volunteer the aid of Spellweaver in finding and setting up new trade routes once the current threats are dealt with–and they will be, even if we have to reset every brick and rebuild every house when it's done.

• ICC

To Dwin

Insults are unnecessary here. I asked a simple question. I do not see how you can imply that I wish to do nothing. Personally, I find your demeaning tone unbecoming of one who holds office for the public, in light of how you respond to open forum, inquisitive and honest questions which concern their general welfare.

You sir, should consider your actions more carefully. A member of the council, standing on a bench… Honestly, what reaction did you think to receive here? Already, you packed up your interests here. We saw the caravan of dwarves come and go. It would appear you might know more than you let on. This is why I simply asked.

• @5e6cf78aee=Clan:

Havent ya heard what Krig Skullboil has seen? He's seen the future, and it aint pretty!

Krig has been preaching that for years. It hasn't happened yet or if it did we won. Why should I be any more worried this time?

• _Dentin, having listened quietly to the discussion as much as he could, not understanding the dwarven tongue, takes a step forward and speaks up…
    "Without proper leadership, Jiyyd will not remain, this is true. With the Legion still present in Jiyyd, and the militia still organised and active, immediate threats can be dealt with for the time being.
    But what of long-term problems? What of the future expansion of the town, of trade and of the farmlands.. what if the conflict with the giants and orcs stretches on for many years? Decisions must be made, and those charged with making those decisions are absent."

He then turns to Dwin..
    "And what would you suggest then? Who would you suggest to fill the council positions and responsibilities that remain empty?"_

• Dwin stares at Abner like a Dwarf migh stare at an elf that asks something idiotic like "whats ore?"

yer kiddin, right? Maybe you should just go walk on over to the Orc fortress, knock on their doors, and ask em directly when they are gonna be attackin. Or, even better. Wait til after dark, stand in the middle of the pass with a big sign that says "Drow Stink". As they are shredding the last pieces of yer dead body, gigglin, you can ask them, too.

Havent ya heard what Krig Skullboil has seen? He's seen the future, and it aint pretty!

Go ask the Giants. Perhaps they'd be willin to share their recipes fer boiled human and jellied elf cakes.

Or, ya could just continue bein ignorant, I suppose. Anyone else want to DO somethin? Or would ya rather gestures to Abner sit and wait?

• ICC

Abner speaks up

Dwin, do you posses knowledge of importance pertaining to an eminent attack? If so, please share with the rest of us. If not, kindly step down from there, you might cause a panic.

smiles

• Dwin's now the third person to make this suggestion. Maybe there's something to it.

• [d] When da fox shows up at the hen-house… he dont have to spend much time on the headless chicken before he looks fer ones with their heads on straight.

This situation aint good. I got a responsibility to the Union, if nuthin else, to see that this town dont fall completely.

• <d>Dwin.. stop dis nonsense. Let's git deh craftin shite out of Jiyyd anna let em run like chicken wit nae heads. Nae our issue. Focus on Norwick anna let dis be. Yeh is viewed as un outsider anyhows…

Foilir motions for him to get off the bench</d>