A sign on the Barracks: New Militia Recruits

• Passing the sign and seeing the note added to it, lucid shows a small smile and makes a note of the name "Ellis Rain". With a light chuckle, he whispers

I remember that one…should fit in well I think.

Lucid makes his way inside the barracks to post the name for Sergeant Rando's review

• ICC

A tall man dressed in dark grey and black strides in and leaves a note for the militia

I believe that I might be of great service here.
    Might I request an audience with your officers and seek to join your ranks?

::signed Ellis Rain, Retired Captain of the Grey Company::

• Mord smiles thinly and stares at Fad out of flat grey eyes as he does a short round of the lak and then back tot he walls. He participates in the baiting but it seems more of going through the motions than a point of interest

• _The Norwick Militia that guards the southern gates play a little game called "Tree-woman" where they go trouncing through the woods and pretend not to see the lass, who is typically hiding behind a bush or a shrub near the pond

The first one to get her to say something about some unknown 'agreement' wins, and the others have to buy him an ale when they go off duty.

None of them are really sure what she is talking about, but it helps pass the time between rabid deer kills and hin-tosses._

• militia patrols continue to press out into the rawlins in an effort to drive back the goblins and thin their numbers. They do not seem to enforce any of norwick's laws beyond the south gate, they simply kill or drive off any obvious threats they find. The advisor is often at the south gate in the evenings, checking on Guardsmen Pete and Jorge. He seems more than happy to hear out and address any questions or concerns regarding norwick.

• The Halfling Defence League

Fad is regularly seen in the woods south of Norwick, ever vigilant in her efforts to make sure that the Norwickian militia's influence doesn't extend into the Rawlinswood. If approached, she simply replies…......

"Just making sure agreements are honored."

• In passing, Lucidious reminds Shay that her new patrol route does not include the crypt or the graveyard for that matter. She is to leave that route to the other militia members to attend to.

• Shahrazad happily contributes to the funding of the party, but remains slightly withdrawn. She frequently patrols the Rawlinswood, and makes it a point to give encouragement and pointers to the trainees as they go about their tasks. If a recruit has been performing well, she tends to relieve them of south gate duty and instead take them on patrol for the zombified animals in the woods.

//Willl be gone for 3-4 days due to OOC matters, hopefully see you all IG soon thereafter!

• _A late arrival comes in just days ago. The man is new to Norwick, and Narfell as well. His name is Alitrar and he falls in line with the rest of the recruits, holding his "militia staff."

He recently did a long patrol with Shay, fending off many undead animals, including a zombie deer that made it to the gates of the town._

• Mord nods smartly to the other two and looks to the others. He then hurries off to move his gear and to the Boarshead to clelebrate his survi….passing the inital stages of training.

• ::salutes::

Yes sir!

• Rando gets the training team to go chase all the trainees out of their barrack rooms and gets them to fall in. looking down the smartly turned out line, all carrying the correct gear Rando looks unhappy and says

_Right… no easy way to say this, but some of you are 'in' it! When i call out your name you are to step on pace forward and those who do, are going to be so 'in' it they wish they were dead

Mord....... Kali........Shahrazed....... Step on pace forward...... right hand over your staffs to my training team"_

Rando awaits for them to hand over their staffs

_"Right… you 3 are out of the training program.... its that simple.... i have one more thing to say to you 3 and that's.....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! you three have passed the first stage of the militia you are now in the Militia, on probation, mind you, but you are now 'in' it

You are to move your stuff out of the trainee quarters and into the full time quarters.. well done indeed. do not let me down or i will personally kill you"_

Rando looks to the others and says

_"the rest of you have not failed… yet, but you need to pick up or you will.. look to these 3 as examples and learn off them.

Right all of you have the night off and the 3 who passed will be buying all the drinks for the militia as their first months wages has gone to pay for the party.... Now off you lot go and enjoy yourself"_

• Belin talks about helping Advior Lucutious to kill some stinkin animals in the woods. She seems discontented by the fact that none of them were edible do to being half rotten already.

• Mord looked over the rest of the trainees on his watch. They all carried their staffs and their equipement and weapons seemed in order

Looking off into the dark wood he comment to Z What do ye think the time be fer this trainin lad?

• If Mord had any breath for words he would have cursed a blue streak The staff was more of a hindrance then the 80 pound pack as he lurched to the hill and then back for the final time

A thin cruel smile played momentarily on his grim face as he pictured shoving the staff somewhere…

WHAT YE SMILIN AT YE SCUMM SUCKING MULE???!!! Screamed at him by one of his tormentors, whipped the smile from his face.

Swaying he finally made it to the barracks and slowly removed the pack with a groan He leaned on the staff greatfully and spent 5 minutes just working up the energy to head for his bunk

• the Chancellor is seen watching the running to and fro with a smile across his face as Rando and the others scream at the new recruits.

Looks like there gonna be a good group in there Rando. When all this runnin' back an' forth be taken care of an' ya feel 'em ready fer action, come an see me… there be somethin' special tha' needin' the attention of a few folks with blades.

• Kalith seems stern and determined to fullfill his duties and tries to encourage his fellow trainees.

" If you think this is bad, think how you will feel if you fail. Keep pace and alert you will beat this'

• Kerrith comments to Rando "You know. If you really want to punish them I can always use babysitters."

• Dwin steps out and watches the new trainees and seems to be generally happy with their progression.

• Rando and his training team are handing out punishment duties to the class of trainees for failure to carry issued Militia Staffs at all times whilst in norwick. No name has been given as to who did not, but one fails all get punished. The punishment is running in a squad will full kit, including beding to the hill formally know as Sams 5 times. Looking at the packs they seem to have everything in them apart from the barrack room chairs*

MOVE IT YOU 'ORRIBLE GROUP OF OXYGEN THEIVES, DOUBLE TIME!"

*is shouted by the trainning team to the trainees