Farmer's Plight

• Legion

Marty continues her vigil. Anyone travelling out that way will see that Marty is in a pretty poor state. She looks exhausted, her hair is a tangled mess, and she looks as if she rarely sleeps or eats.

• Legion

After the ritual Marty remains at the site praying. She doesn't leave, barely sleeping, praying under rain and sun and in the cold of the night

• Legion

The ritual for an heir…

((please don't ask me what we got on our success roll…))

• Legion

In addition to her regular toil out on the fields south of Peltarch, Marty takes the form of an ox and drags four large stones up to the top of the hill where Chauntea was said to have stood. Once the stones are in place she resumes halfling form and begins to arrange them in a rough circle, three around the outside standing upright like pillars, and another large flat stone in the middle. The stone in the middle she props up on smaller stones to form a crude altar. She works into the night, and even from a distance the light of the magic she casts upon the stones can be clearly seen.

• Legion

Marty continues to spend plenty of time out in the fields, venturing into the city regularly for the odd bit of political chin wag. When there is more manual labor to be done she casts Bulls Strength and Endurance on the works to make their toil easier, and often changes into an ox to bear burdens and pull ploughs.

• Rarendel nods patting her shoulder then moves back to his work tending to some of the fields and plants.

• Legion

nods thoughtfully, considering the gibber jabber. she then adds a few quips, almost as if to undo the venom that may have been spoken earlier

"Although, to be fair, those priests of Siamorphe do dress sharply. And have you also noticed how nice they smell?"

"There will probably be some kind of pageant to decide the next queen right? I'm sure I'm fertile. You reckon I'd be up with a chance?"

"I'm not into kings and such, but that George seems like a nice enough fella."

• He continues in Druidic seeming to speak easier in this tongue yet still keeping it very quiet so as not to draw the attention of others

Your words are filled with fire sister, and this is not a rebuke but instead brotherly advice. I sense your frustration but it is not for us to shield them, we only advise and let them make that decision for themselves. If the people want this king as their Alpha, they will take him as an alpha, if they do not, then they will not. The pack will speak for themselves. Your words come off as trying to force your decision on them which I do not believe is what you seek. The people will come to you if they seek further guidance and why you feel this way. Though perhaps it is wise to consider that this man may one day lead the pack and your actions may cause him to scorn you rather then listen to your wisdom.

• Legion

Marty gabbers away quietly to her druidic companion in druidic.

<druidic> Gah … maybe you're right. There's no real hatred in me. Just a desire to defend people from stupid ideas. But I yield you your rebuke.

((lol. We're having a private conversation that nobody understands on the public forum.))

• Rarendel frowns disapprovingly at Marty and when he sees her alone he approaches speaking to her in Druidic in a hushed tone yet one filled with concern

You are dragging hatred into your work for nature, you should not do so. Nature will feel your anger and its result will cause the plants to wilt and die. It is shameful as well to behave this way as it may cause the farmers to distrust us and push us away.

• Legion

Marty continues to work the land south of Peltarch, shaping it so that it is has better drainage and is more suitable for agriculture, casting spells like Soften Earth and Stone and Control Water. Many workers also have endure elements cast over them.

Other druids seem to be helping as well.

She also gets busy with the shovel, the muscles on her small frame rippling as she moves large mounds of dirt and vast amounts of cow crap and compost.

While Marty works the fields, she regularly drops in a liberal amount of political rhetoric.

"Yeah just bring that cart load of Divine Right … I mean ... Cow Shite over here."

"Shoveling all this bull shite, makes me feel like I support a monarchy."
    or
    "Shoveling all this bull shite, makes me feel like a priest of Siamorphe."
    or
    "Shoveling all this bull shite, makes me feel like Del'Rosa."

"Yeah we need to spread the Siamorphean dogma evenly over the ground before we replace the top soil and start ploughing."

• A strange yet very simple seeming young man approaches the plants that have flowers on them and looks for the bees, when he finds some he is seen making weird buzzing sounds and follows a few of them off towards a nearby tree where he gathers some wax and walks off. He seems harmless enough not trying to bother the farmers or their work and minding his steps around any of the plants.

• The workers grumble at the bossy hin

Ach sod off, we need to have something to burn in our stoves, it's freezing out here!

Then Thom Tiller walks over

Lads, do as she says. Don't want to piss off Mother Earth, aye?

The workers grumble, but begin transferring -some- of the trees to a pile near the swamps - assuming the druid will take it over from there.

• Legion

@96d76c00ff=Wywernywin:

Slowly work begins at the southern fields. Workers of the Onion Union begin cutting down trees to make room for fields. Some start cleaning up the ruins of the old guard tower.

Marty is busy casting spells like Soften Earth to assist preparations for agriculture. Every now and then her casting and toil is interrupted by passionate spats against careless farm folk

STOP!

Wait wait … That tree doesn't get the axe! This one needs the shovel not the axe. She can be moved over to the that re-entrant to prevent erosion.

We can get away with felling trees that have spent most of their lives already, but trees that are still growing? No no ... C'mon folks. We've got to work with nature here, not ravish her.

((OOC: sorry this post is a little late. I was busy derping and posting PMs publicly instead of RP posts. ))

• ((1. Send me PM. I have very specific ideas of what I want to see there.

2. Find out IC.))

• Legion

//captain fail. that was supposed to be a PM. Sorry.

• _Slowly work begins at the southern fields. Workers of the Onion Union begin cutting down trees to make room for fields. Some start cleaning up the ruins of the old guard tower.

Thom Tiller is nowhere to be seen at the moment. It's rumored he's visiting the General, who's still being treated in the Temple of Tyr._

• Legion

With the war over, Marty begins to renew her efforts to the south and west of Peltarch. Organizing agricultural folk as well as worshipers of nature gods.

• Legion

*_Marty persuades as many farmers, worshipers of nature gods, and as many women as she can, to join her for a “prayer meeting” out on the scorched southern fields.

She marches up onto the top of a hill just south of Peltarch’s gates, overlooking the scorched earth. She raises her hands and her voice;_

ALL ye GODS – ALL who value JUSTICE! ALL who are patrons of NATURE! CHAUNTEA! SHEELA PERYROYL! makes druidic genuflection SILVANUS! ALL OF YE! BEAR WITNESS TO THIS! motions toward the blackened fields JERRICK hear our voice! BEHOLD this BLASPHEMY against your will! BEAR WITNESS to this DESECRATION of your WORK! This ABOMINATION committed not only against the people of Peltarch, but against YE ALL!

POUR DOWN your GRACE upon those who STAND AGAINST THIS VIOLENCE!

PROTECT them!

EMPOWER them!

STIR UP their HEARTS to be VALIANT!

And upon the one’s who fight against your will –

MAY THEY COME TO NOTHING! May their NAMES be FORGOTTEN FOREVER! May their LOINS WITHER! May they be STRUCK BARREN so to have NO OFFSPRING to carry on their DISGUSTING, BLASPHEMOUS PLANS! MAY THEY AND THEIR PLANS COME TO NOTHING!

MAY A CURSE BE UPON ALL WHO RAGE AGAINST YE, fair gods, AND UPON ALL WHO PLOT ILL AGAINST PELTARCH!

**LONG LIVE THE JEWEL, AND DEATH TO HER ENEMIES!

AMEN!**

AMEN and AMEN!

• Legion

*nods as she talks, but at one point in her speech Marty mumbles, *

"Onion Union?" … whatever.

At the end of the speech Marty punches the air and shouts,

ONION UNION!