Tavern Rumors of Peltarch

• _The Headmistress of the Bardic College, Val Kyrie, seems to be spending more and more time around Peltarch these days… between classes in the College, time with friends in the commons, and working in the Craft Hall, she's quite the lady about town.

Anyone who's familiar with her would notice that her outfit has changed yet again, but this time it seems to be some kind of... uniform? Are the bards actually getting themselves organised for once?

No... it couldn't be..._

• A non-descript dock worker was in the tavern a few days back, explaining to some friends how he saw the Chessentan bard Kamilah get confronted by an older woman that looked just like her.
    He rambles on a bit, but anyone that bothers to listen further might discern that the older woman's name was also Kamilah… and that the younger Kamilah was some kind of imposter.
    He throws in some rather offensive comments about Elves that were hardly called for before wandering off, most likely never to be seen again.

• Rumours speak of a horde of kobolds and lizardmen attacking the south gates of Peltach. The Defenders were swift to react, and the sounds of battle rang out from the southern swamplands for hours. A band of adventurers, lead by Far Scout commander Aghila, are said to have struck the decisive blow and launched a counter-attack deep into lizardmen territory, thus earning the personal praise of Senators Fisher and the one and only Rath Ashald.

• A married prospector couple were laid to rest in Peltarch the other morning. The adventurers Rico Swift, Caelisar, and Yuki Ume brought their bodies back after having dispatched the Dwarven drug smugglers who slew them in the caves of the Kuo Toa.

• _The elf Troff Legion can be seen often in the Peltarch docks of late. Wandering around peering at the various forien wares. Taking his meals from street vendors or inns. Sipping on drinks of juice, milk, or water in the corner of various taverns. Sitting on the pier watching the ships come in and go out.

Overall one is given the impression he is waiting._

• Rumours from the farmsteads might speak of the most horrific stench coming from the steep cliffs dropping down to the Icelace. A party of Defenders and Ceruleans was seen marching off towards the cliffside. Some time later, the body of a young woman is carried into town by a small and solemn group, reeking of death and decay.

• A group of adventurers recently rescued a large shipment of wine and ale that had been stolen by the kobolds. Rumor has it the adventureers will be giving it out for free at the upcoming dance in Peltarch.

• After reporting a "dark spot" lingering around the "morg" to the guards, a large Half-Orc with plate armor, a golden cloak and a huge scythe on his back has been seen standing near the apartments, watching the darkness and making sure there's no necromancy going on.

• Shadows seemingly have begun descending on many of the areas in Peltarchs surrounding areas, some folk claim to see shadowy figures moving to and from many of the caves and other landmarks that dot the countryside, but no one can be certain what exactly is going on.

• A certain blue-clad elf has been seen attending Yana's early morning unarmed training classes. He is often seen afterwards spending extra time talking to his instructor about tactics and crowd control. Even accompanying her on her early morning patrols.

• _Fireworks, drums, stories and a dramatic rendition of battle took place at the Peltarch commons as a group of enthusiastic youngsters demanded entertainment, candy, or both of the above from the small crowd gathered there. A grouchy Lisa is said to have dispersed the excitable children, and so restored the calm - or did she?

Soon thereafter, the bardic sundial began to sputter, enlivened perhaps by the previous show. Then a giant mushroom is said to have popped out of the ground, followed by a tree, dancing lights and a ring of grass and flowers. While some city employees viewed the phenomenon with Lisa-like scepticism, others present seemed to enjoy the show, and the pixie-chase which followed._

• Legion

Benji was seen tearing through Peltarch with a fancy suit over his back. To anyone he even vaguely recognizes he shouts:

"WEDDING IS COMING UP! SEE YOU THERE SOON!!!"

((3 hours from the time of this post))

• _Five of the Seafarer's private guards are found beaten and bloodied in the Docks District.

Witnesses claim to have seen a tall man in black leaving the scene. They say he provoked the men verbally - and all five drew steel. The man handily dispatched all of them without ever drawing his own sword: the sheath large enough to house a hand-and-a-half blade.

It seems no formal report or request for charges has been made to the Guard at this time._

• Legion

Marty returns from her office in town hall with a number of landscaping plans drawn up. Upon seeing Mero scattering his flowers and weed about …

"What are you doing? Holy smoke man! Clean up that mess. Now we need to get the life back in there. Get that wheel barrow up to the fish monger in the docks and fill it with heads and gut. After that we need a few barrows full of saw dust from the crafting hall, and a few barrows full on manure."

She goes over her papers a bit, then continues, "Well come on! That new soil isn't going to sort it_self_ out!"

• tosses a whole mess of flowers onto the ground along with some pouches of pipeweed

"Fine…not like it would change anything anyway."

tips the wheelbarrow over and sticks this hoe, shovel and spade into it before storming off mumbling

• ::The watchmen watch, then look to each other, look back, then to the Town Hall, then back::

“You do realise that…..well….”

::You soon will realise that the blackened earth goes very deeply into the land, it is no mere surface abrasion, the smaller of the two guards a unkempt somewhat short fellow ambles toward the town hall mutter as he does::

“Lieutenant Lisa’s gonna go ape….spare….”

::A few moments later a somewhat irate looking Lisa emerges and walks to the commons::

“Put the shovel down, and step away from it…. right, my guardsman here
    ::indicates the small unkempt guardsman now peering his pockmarked face from behind Lisa to watch the entertainment::
    tells me you have been told by Senator Leaffall to remove this soil. Tell you what, you tell the Senator to apply for the correct permissions through city hall and get the permits in place to excavate in the city and I will then stand by and watch the commons disrupted longer. Until then, stop digging up the damned commons”

• "The senator thinks I caused this because my pony squashed some flowers and the nature gods were punishing me, so she has given me direct instruction to move all this dirt to the swamp and help her replace the soil and get the commons looking good again. She says if I don't do it the gods will be really pissed and take my manhood away…so you should probably talk to her about it."

The hin continues digging and wheelin'

• ::At the sight of any would be earth removal, two guards loitering in the shelter of the buildings inform the person that::

“Ah! Don’t be doing that, the grounds been cleansed we are told….don’t think removing it will help …”

::then a brief conversation between two guards is whispered, before the more rotund of the two, who appears to be a sergeant states.

“Not sure on this of course…but removal of the soil could be considered theft….”

::With that the two guards slink back to the shelter of the eaves, the gentle glow of their pipes lighting the dark::

• _Maero is seen at the commons all day and night every day and night, sweating, bleeding and digging up all the defiled dirt with his right-sized shovel and wheeling it to the east swamps (in his right-sized wheelbarrow), usually coming back with a few cuts and bruises from the Kobolds who don't seem to like defiled dirt.

When asked why he's doing all the work by himself he simply says: "I want Marty to not hate me anymore!", if offered help he refuses and says that again._

• At the Peltarch commons, all the grass and flowers are wilted and blackened, the earth disturbed as if a great many somethings burst up from below, and the sundial lies in shards and scorched little pieces. Rumours speak of undead rising..