Told from the Rant Stand

• ::Mariston takes the stands a moment::
    It should be pointed out that before this law was passed our statute books had no laws outlawing slavery or the ownership thereof et cetera. As with all laws any other law falls within the framework of existing legislation. It appears a point of law the somewhat troubled second last speaker failed to grasp at all. We commend Norwick for their stance and have stated such. I am rather unsure what the fellow was trying to say really, but it does appear his understanding of the Law is woefully lacking, which could explain his status of being forbidden entrance to the Temple of the Triad.
    The laws wording I believe is thus:
    “Slavery is outlawed in Peltarch. Any slaves entering Peltarch are immediately considered freed upon entry, and will be provided the full protection of Peltarch's Laws. Anybody found within Peltarch in possession of a slave, or attempting to engage in the slave trade, will be arrested.”
    This includes any slave that may find themselves within Peltarch upon the law being enacted.

• Kayden shakes his head, calling after the frolicking man.
    "Those ENTERING the realm are freed, not those already in it."

Mutters to himself once Daveth is out of ear shot.
    "Dumbass."

• Daveth claps in a slow and patronizing way.

"Right, because that wasn't covered under the slavery being illegal thing already? What's with slavery laws anyway?"

Daveth does a couple of little impressions

"Ooh, I tagged you, you're a slave now."

"Quitsies, I'm in Peltarch!"

Then clears his throat

"My point is, if this wasn't stopping them from illegally reclaiming their slaves before, isn't this just a made up 'feel-good' law? No, really. Thanks for insulting us. Norwick did it first by the way, nice job pretending you didn't know in advance."

Then walking off he stops and turns around

"By the way, your nice ambiguous law just technically freed every single prisoner in Peltarch "Any slave or person held against their will". Lets all put on robes and play senate."

Daveth skips away in a girlish manner humming in a womanly way

• ::A woman wearing the colors of a scout of the Legion looks up at Senator Ronan with a grin in her face and a thankful look in her eyes::

• Senator Ronan takes the rant stand, standing behind the podium, resting slim fingers on hits sides. When a sufficient crowd has gathered, he begins to speak.

Ladies and gentlemen, the senate has agreed upon a new law. Worry not, there are no new taxes.

The law is this:

@22be77fab6:

Any slave or person held against their will entering our lands is considered automatically freed. This doesn't mean just inside the walls, but all Peltarch owned land.

It is time that we took a stand against the horrid act of slavery. Not just in Peltarch, but all of Narfell. We are a free country, bound by no master other the the gods we pray to. I've also heard that our friends to the south, Norwick, have enacted a law just like this.

Spread the word, good citizens. That any slave in hiding from his or her master is welcome in Peltarch and in Norwick. For one step in either place means automatic freedom. One step in either means a fresh start at a new life, free of the whip.

Sancturary will be found amongst those on the surface, and all shall have their freedom. Narfell is a -free- country, and we should work to make it completely so.

Glory to Peltarch, to Norwick, and to all in Narfell who believe in freedom.

After his small speech, Ronan steps down from the rant stand. He hangs around for a few moments to see if there are any comments or questions, if not, he takes his leave.

• @b2e5d7a3af=ArUlric:

Meanwhile, far off, a certain dwarven priestess of Umberlee piously drowns a kitten in the bitterly cold waters of Her shrine, earnestly petitioning the Bitch Queen to accept her mewing sacrifice and teach the stinking fisherfolk of Peltarch a lesson by sweeping one of their faithless number into her numbing depths, in vengeance for their heathen, fearless ways. While the little sodden body bobs in the waters, she hoots and cackles and repairs to a table, for a drop o' rum and a crunch of ship's biscuit. Merciful indeed…

// 😧 poor Kitten!

• After being told the reason behind all the derision, the old priest manages to smile. He knows they heard him and understood his message well enough to laugh at it. His smile is not as broad as it could be, for his is a heart with many concerns. He returns to the Temple for his prayers in relative silence, bearing all the ridicule quite gracefully.

• Meanwhile, far off, a certain dwarven priestess of Umberlee piously drowns a kitten in the bitterly cold waters of Her shrine, earnestly petitioning the Bitch Queen to accept her mewing sacrifice and teach the stinking fisherfolk of Peltarch a lesson by sweeping one of their faithless number into her numbing depths, in vengeance for their heathen, fearless ways. While the little sodden body bobs in the waters, she hoots and cackles and repairs to a table, for a drop o' rum and a crunch of ship's biscuit. Merciful indeed…

• After a bout of laughter equally helpless to John's, Sabre wheezes in enough breath to shout:

"Aye aye! We need more Mercy in Peltarch!"

• Wren, passing through Peltarch with a distracted expression, listens to the sermon keeping a carefully straight face, then goes off to speak to the Father.

• Legion

A scruffy haired beggar stands from his usual spot in the market place to listen to the sermon. He nods softly as the priest concludes his address. He is pierced, but not discouraged or surprised by the laughter his sermon brought fourth.

• even senria, who happened to catch only part of it, seems very amused by this speech for some odd reason or another, chuckling to herself before shaking her head and wandering off

• ::Mariston watches the priest of Ilmater with respect, seeing the two laughing, he frowns a moment. Then taking a quill and parchment from a bag writes a short note. This he then passes to Lisa of the guards and to a Defender, his frown leaving him as he passes on the missive soon turning to a broad and merry smile as he regards the two::

• @e6ada048ef=Wywernywin:

::John blinks, looks at the man… then begins an uncontrollable fit of laughter:: Buwahahahahahh!

Kayden, standing not far away from John, joins in on the laughter, finding it all too hilarious for some reason

• ::John blinks, looks at the man… then begins an uncontrollable fit of laughter:: Buwahahahahahh!

• Father Raldi takes the stand once again to deliver this sermon:

Mercy is the calm after the storm and the peace that follows. Mercy is bane to Cruelty and boon to Kindness. Mercy is part of the foundation of Life, along with Hope, Faith, Kindness, and Sacrifice. Without Mercy, blood is spilled endlessly. Without Mercy, no heart can remain light. With Mercy comes peace and solace. With Mercy comes calm and serenity. Mercy eases burdens and lifts spirits. Mercy is the birth of Hope and companion to Kindness. No saint or man of the cloth must one be to bestow the light of Mercy. Radiant, like the sun, is the man who treats his fellow-man with Mercy.

I am Tyrald Rythen, priest of Ilmater, the Broken God, and I beseech you to have mercy upon your fellow-man.

Take solace in Ilmater’s mercy, for the Broken One is ever merciful.

With that, Father Raldi takes his leave.

• A gleaming armored Sunite paladin gets up on the stand.

Excuse me folks! Has anyone heard the name Baltassa? No, it's very important. I need information on someone named Baltassa. Lives are at stake. About fifty of them, give or take one.

• Father Raldi takes the Rant Stand and delivers yet another sermon.

Kindness is the bond that strengthens, the link in the chain. Kindness is bane to Wickedness and boon to Love. Kindess is part of the Foundation of Life, along with Hope, Faith, Mercy, and Sacrifice. Without kindness, no friendships are forged. Without kindness, we are each an island with no port or ship. Through kindness to others, we form lasting bonds of friendship and love. Through kindness to others, we inspire and encourage love among all. The bond that kindness can create can be stronger than a chain of the finest dwarf-steel, harder than the toughest granite. It is more powerful than any such bond that magic can create and too powerful to be destroyed by spell alone. Anyone has the power to link with others, to extend the helping hand to his fellow-man. Anyone can invoke this power that compels all to be kind, lest kindness and not wickedness be done unto you. Kindness is the touch of the healing hand, the soothing coolness of an ointment.

I am Tyrald Rythen, priest of Ilmater, the Broken God, and I bring unto you a message of kindness.

Look to your fellow-man and see not an enemy nor a rival but a brother. Share your hearth with a starving man and let your neighbor extend that kindness unto you when the lean times come.

Find succor in the kindness of Ilmater, who always extends a hand to the downtrodden.

Father Raldi takes his leave, leaning heavily upon his staff.

• Father Raldi takes the Rant Stand again to deliver another sermon.

Faith is the armor that shields you, the roof over your head, the fire in the hearth. Faith is bane to Doubt and boon to Conviction. Faith is part of the Foundation of Life, along with Hope, Mercy, Kindness, and Sacrifice. Without faith, no paths are walked. Without faith, no trails are blazed. Faith shall guard you against all manner of beasts, even those who wear the shape of men. Faith is the road that leads you home. It gives direction, purpose, protection, and solace. One needs not be a skilled woodsman; the trail of Faith is firm and easy to read. Faith dispels doubt and strengthens the light of Hope. Hope lights the way, and Faith is the road. Anyone can walk the road, no matter what darkness may surround it. Stray from the path, and be lost – but keep on it, and be protected and safe from harm. Faith can turn a blade, unmake a spell. Faith cannot be stolen, though it can be lost. With Faith – and Hope – all is possible. Without them, all is lost.

I am Tyrald Rythen, priest of Ilmater, the Broken God, and I implore you, those who doubt yourselves, to have faith – in yourselves, in your gods, in Ilmater.

Let it shield you from harm, like armor; let others see the strength of your faith and don their own armor. Walk through the wild places of the world – yea, even of the city – with faith, and emerge unharmed.

Let faith in the Broken One, who shields the meek and helpless, ward you and keep you safe.

Father Raldi takes his leave once more, walking with the aid of his staff.

• Father Raldi takes the Rant Stand and delivers this sermon.

Hope is the oasis in the desert and the light in the darkness. Hope is bane to Fear and boon to Courage. Hope is part of the Foundation of Life, along with Faith, Mercy, Kindness, and Sacrifice. Without hope, no great deeds are wrought. Without hope, there is no life. Without hope, all is darkness. Hope springs from within; it is not something that only the mighty can wield, like some heavy blade. It is no hidden mystery that requires esoteric knowledge. Hope is a power, greater than steel or spell, greater than famine or drought, greater than the black of night and the darkness in the hearts of men, a power that anyone can wield. Hope sustains the dying man waiting for a cure for his ills. Hope feeds the hungry child rebuffed by the man walking the street. Hope is everlasting and eternal; hope can be given, ever-flowing like gold from a merchant’s coffers.

I am Tyrald Rythen, priest of Ilmater, the Broken God, and I bring hope unto you downtrodden.

Let it fill you like a good meal. Let it wash over you like water in the like. Feed from the bowl and pass it on to others. Share with your fellow-man – hope shall not run out!

Let the Broken One, who suffers for us all, take your burden and leave you with hope, for when the bread is stale and the well is dry, naught else may sustain you.

With that, the old priest takes his leave, leaning heavily upon his old unshod staff.