Diary of a Fuzzy Sorceress

• Entry 101

I'm still trying to get over this surprise. Andu is back!!

Right, I shouldn't be too shocked… I mean, he did say he'd return sometime. He's just been so very much out of my thoughts in recent years. Maybe it's good that Jerrick isn't back yet? As if I wasn't panicked enough.

I wasn't panicking about being Lorelai and not Tindra. He knows of my fractured mind. I can't hide that from him, because of the Lifebond that he shares with Tindra. I panicked because he loves Tindra. And she loves him. And I love Jerrick instead.

This was the very reason why I avoided romantic interests for a long time. Tindra and Andu. I just didn't think it'd be right for me to find my own love because while I'm different in mind, I'm still a part of Tindra. And while Andu had said before he'd understand if I did seek out my own to love... I didn't try to because I was afraid it would still hurt him. And what would Tindra think?

But then along came Jerrick.

By Selûne, did I panic at having Andu back. I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my life. I was a big girl though. With some morale support from Rith and Fadia, I told him.

I told him a lot really. About me and Tindra and the Fey that I believe has her hidden. About how I caused the nightmares and now they plague me.

And about Jerrick. I started to tell him about how that all happened. I only got halfway through the story though, when Elder Ronan interrupted. It seems that Ghermain fellow tried to get some information about the temple he spoke of on his own, but Elder Bonegnasher chased him away. I was honestly glad of Bonegnasher's action. I don't quite trust Ghermain and Rimmer.

And then a vision appeared, one of the ghostly visions of the past. This time it was of an archdruid, and an apprentice who came up to him bearing a message. The apprentice informed the archdruid of a temple being destroyed. One froze it's vines, the other called on fire, and others called on Mielikki and Silvanus to sanctify it. The apprentice voiced his concern about the Furies being used. He felt it would lead to a revival. The archdruid scolded his apprentice on respecting his fellow druids. The apprentice mentioned another didn't trust the Fury druids, and took artifacts from the temple before the Aurilite druid could get to them. They would perhaps be hidden in a temple of the Oakfather? The archdruid joked perhaps Talos, much to the apprentice's dismay. The vision finished with the archdruid telling his apprentice that he needs to learn how to moderate his passions.

And now for the shocker. The apprentice? The archdruid called him Acwel. As in the Defiler... before he became that.

Wow. Interesting to see a glimpse of him before he went crazy.

Note to self: Finish telling Andu the story.

• Entry 100

My being a part of the Circle has never been a problem before. Even after we joined with the other Circle to make a whole Circle of Quercatha Terr, it wasn't a problem. All of a sudden now, it's a problem that there are Malarites in the Circle.

There's information to be had from the Circle relating to all this Banish Misfortune business, as far as I can tell from that meeting with the two odd folk with the whole world after them. Rimmer and Ghermain are their names, I think. They mentioned about a temple to the Darkbringer in the Rawlinswood that had artifacts of Tymora. Said temple was destroyed by druids by ice and fire. It's obvious that I need to find out what the Circle knows of this temple.

Yet Rith, Fadia, and even Eluriel are harping on me not to tell anything to the Circle because they fear the Malarites will help the demonic forces.

Which honestly does NOT MAKE SENSE.

None of the Circle's members have been helping demons. We've all been working AGAINST demons. The Hungry One's forces… The Patriarch's demon-infused bugbears... The demonic Taint related to those... And how about creating a barrier to hold back the fiendish forces unleashed in Jiyyd during the N'jast War? I've always lived my life with notion that I should judge a person on his or her actions, not who that person is or what that person says. Evil god or no, everything I've seen from the druids of our Circle is that they hold Balance in high regard and see demons as a threat to that.

I feel like I'm being pulled in two directions.

I'm going to try to be discreet in my search for information. However, if this looks to be a threat to the Rawlinswood, I must inform all of the Circle.

Let's compare to Elder Aklo. She follows Kossuth. Right now there is some great being of fire that was released and promises to see all of Narfell burn. Does Elder Aklo want this to happen? No.

Now apply that same thought to the Malarites. Do they want to see demons take over just because Malar is an evil god?

Yeah, I know... that likely won't convince anybody.

Jerrick, please come back soon.

• Entry 99
    Well, it's been some time since I last wrote in this. I didn't mean to stop writing. I ran out of ink and was too lazy to get more. And as cute as Tojan's ink is, it's a bit painful to the eyes to go back and read what was written. It's like a rainbow threw up on the page. Fadia wants the ink though, I'm sure Tojan won't mind if I let her have it. Instead, I'm trying out this lovely purple color I saw.

Rith and Vash't do seem to have resolved most of their annoyances at each other. I'm relieved to see it. Still, they aren't a close couple yet, but Rith just needs to take things slow and overcome her own inner demons.

Fadia can't stand the Malarites in our Circle at all. I understand her reasons. I doubt I can make her see my reasons for not sharing her full hatred of the Malarites. Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't like them at all. And Harggaku's a bugbear on top of being a Malarite. But from his words and his actions, I see somebody that is at least worthy of respecting. Note that "respect" doesn't mean "like". I'm sure Rith and Fadia both think I'm naive to believe that all the elders put the Circle and the balance of nature first. But that is what I've seen. I guess I just don't want to be a hypocrite. After all, most sane people would agree that a werecat is a monster…

I did make Fadia promise that when she does leave she doesn't cause harm or drama with it.

Jerrick... he's still not back. Part of me does worry; this is the longest he's been gone. My gut says that I shouldn't try to worry though.

Aelthas. I love my brother. I do. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he and Rith will be friends. They annoy and piss off each other. I can live with that though. Sure, I'd like it better if they could be friends, but I realize that is an uphill battle. So long as they can keep civil to each other, I can live with it. What is pissing me off though, is his constant, "How can you trust a person so much that you haven't known for very long and abandon your old family to the side of the road?"

Does he realize how much this irks me? Does he really think I'm going to abandon him? Is he blind to me wanting everybody in my life and not just Rith or himself? Every time I hear it, I bite my tongue to keep from yelling back at him to stop being so damn jealous.

Okay, I'll admit I do spend a lot of time with Rith and not much with him. However, Rith lives down by Norwick (most often staying in my old room in the Fuzzy Den) while Aelthas does frequent Norwick but lives up in Peltarch. It's no secret that I prefer the woods to the city. It doesn't take a gnomish scientist to conclude that I'm going to see Rith more based on that.

I suppose I'll just have to come up with some reasons to force myself into the city to visit him more.

I've managed to stay out of trouble lately. Well, I think up until recently. I think I'm going to end up getting involved in this whole business with these two odd fellows who are searching for artifacts. Which is related to the echoes of the N'jast war. And Just'ene's ghost and her cryptic "Banish misfortune" warning. And maybe also relates to the Defiler, the Lost City, the Patriarch...

By Selûne, is there anything not related to this?

<g>Fark.</g>

• Entry 98

The Troublesome Trio is back together! I'm glad Fadia's back. We competed in the archery contest at Fight Night. Rith got eliminated in the first round, but Fadia and made it to the final. I came in forth, but at least I gave a good show as Maythor and I tied repeatedly. Squeak won, and Fadia got second place.

I'm still not sure what possessed Benji to give me a piece of celery for a "tough luck" prize…

While we were watching the boxing and team fights from the hill, Aramuil asked to talk to us. He's convinced that all the "echos" of the past we've been seeing is being caused by menhir deep in Mintas Rhelgor. He wants to gather folk together to cleanse Mintas and find the source, and wanted Fadia and I to ask the Circle. He could be correct, at least the "echos" seem to talk about things out there. Rith has her doubts, as do I. Personally, I think maybe we should try to find out what the saying "Banish misfortune" and that hand gesture mean. It's repeated enough in the "echos" to be something meaningful and is probably the key to all this.

After Fight Night, us three girls went to my den for a nice relaxing soak. Rith talked some about her feelings for Vash't, which turned out to be some ironic talk because after a short while of us in the hot spring a little rodent came over and gave Rith a small note. It was from Vash't, asking for help. He was trapped in one of the crypts.

We rushed to get to him. Rith remembered when I got stuck in a trap door and figured he was in the same situation. After searching the old crypt some (and fighting lots of ghouls and giant zombies), we figured he wasn't there and left it.

We found Vash't outside in the graveyard, looking well. Somebody else was with him, who was wary of me in my werecat form. While it was good to see Vash't safe, I think Rith was a bit frustrated that we got out here for nothing. She said a remark that she didn't mean to sound insulting, but it came across that way. And Vash't responded with a similar remark. Rith walked away leaving Fadia and I with some lovely awkwardness, then Fadia chased after Rith.

Vash't was stunned by it all. He couldn't understand why she said what she did. I think he took what she said a little too hard. He told me straight out that he was stupidly in love with Rith. He thought the feeling was mutual, but this whole incident has him wondering. I did the best I could to convince him that she her feelings for him are the same. She was stressed and tired, I could tell, and she said something stupid really. Words she didn't really mean, I could tell.

I think I got Vash't to accept what I told him. He apologized for dragging me into it, though no apology was needed. She's my sister.

For the record, yes he was in danger. Somebody else just happened to find him first and helped him out.

I returned home to talk to Rith. Fadia was talking with her and it seemed like the same thing as me with Vash't. Rith was upset at what he said and couldn't understand why. She loves him and thought he loves her but what was said has her doubting.

Looking back at this, I can't help but laugh.

I made her realize he snapped at her because she said something bad to him first. She didn't mean to though, she meant it as a joke. I told her he's in love with her. Not sure that completely made her feel better, she's unsure about herself. If you ask me though, it's very plain and obvious. They are both stupidly in love with each other. I can't help but remember when I first realized I was in love with Jerrick, how much it gnawed at me.

I almost laughed when Rith apologized to Fadia and I for dragging us into this problem of hers. Quite ironic, no? Both Vash't and Rith apologizing for that.

I gave her my advice and I hope she follows it. Talk to him, apologize for the words she didn't mean... Hopefully express how she feels...

You know something? I'm feeling like the big sister all of a sudden.

• Entry 97

Rith and I spend a little bit of time together. She wanted to tell me how the rescue trip went. Unfortunately, the mother was dead, but the child had been born and they rescued her. Sadly, the Thayan slavers did something to the baby, tainting it with demonic blood or something.

The very thought completely disgusts me. How can a person do such a thing to a newborn child? To be so much a monster at heart more than I am in form. Revolting… I'm glad I didn't go, I don't think I could have stayed rational at seeing that. I pray Lady Daisy can help the baby.

Rith also mentioned a Yuan-ti approached wanting to strike a deal. I guess that means the drow are getting busy again. Gonna try to look out for things.

After Rith went to bed, I wandered to the southern gate of Norwick and sat with Adriell. I'm glad to see her back. We had a nice chat. Somebody recognized me and ran off in fright, which I honestly thought was odd. He looked a bit familiar, a druid that hasn't been seen for a while. When I went into the inn to stock up on some food, I saw him again and he panicked again.

Turns out he thinks I'm going to eat him because I am a cat and he can turn into a rat. I have to admit, I was tempted to tease him, but I held back. No sense in having friends fear me.

Oh, I have to remember to get a moonstone from my collection to give to Yuki as thanks for the cat's eye gem. She's been collecting gemstones.

• Entry 96

Not too much happened today. Which is nice, as I was able to get together with Rith. Eluriel was also with us for a chat. She wants my help with a rescue mission that she and Rith are putting together. Some Thayans have captured a woman with an unborn child.

After discussing that, I told Rith more about my trip. She worries a lot for me when I put myself in danger. I had to remind her that I'm no stranger to danger. It's part of my life as a Wolf of Narfell, as a Protector of the Circle, and perhaps just as me. She knows that deep down. I just mean so much to her, that's the problem. Because of me, she has a sense of belonging and family that she didn't have just serving as some divine weapon of her god. Not that her job isn't important, but she needs to be more than just that. She's only human. Jerrick and Fadia help with this too.

I don't think I can accurately put to words why she means so much to me. Aelthas certainly likes to pester that it makes no sense that I would take a woman I barely met into my heart as such. One thing I know. Because of her and Jerrick, I think I am a better person.

Maybe I don't need a reason to love Rith anyways. I think fate brought us together.

• Entry 95

My limbs are finally feeling like they should. They've been aching for weeks, even after I arrived back in Narfell. So now that I'm feeling better, I naturally must find some trouble, right?

Last tenday, a Norwick Militia scout ran into town asking for help. He found a lot of goblins involved in a ritual in the old ruins. They had a big wolf with them, and he heard a word whispered in the shadows repeatedly… "cord." That makes me think, "Corde." A bunch of us went to the ruins and fought the goblins and the big bad wolf zombie. I hope this isn't a regular occurance. Maybe I should talk to Rith about it, see if we can't finaly purge that jerk's influence from the ruins.

I was hoping to sit down more with Rith yesterday. Didn't get the chance to. First, a duegar tried to kill Squeak. I wonder what she did to piss them off. Then as we tried to find the assassin, we ran into some sort of vision from the N'jast war. It was of two N'jast soldiers talking at used to be Sam's Hill. Sounds like Dwin may have been responsible for it being blown up? I was curious what turned that hill into a crater.

If there's one thing you can count on Aramuil for, it's making a big fuss and having to organize a huge spectacle of an investigation even if said investigation is most likely going to turn up fruitless.

He was convinced that we all needed to get to Jiyyd, that the visions are being caused by necromantic energies being used so there must be something in Jiyyd causing them right now. I guess these visions have been happening for a while, and started in Jiyyd. I really, REALLY did not want to go. I hate fighting demons. I do not have weapons that can hurt them, except perhaps for a handful of arrows. They are resistant to spells also. And if my magic sword can't hurt them, my claws certainly won't as well. Yet here, Rith and I were getting dragged into Aramuil's quest.

First, the menhir. He tried to cast spells of detection at it. Every damn spell caused the menhir to open a brief portal that spat out a big demon. And each of those big demons liked to use that "word" spell that makes me go blind and dazed from the blast of it. Not. Fun. I think I was hit with that like ten times. Plus some dispells.

We then saw a spirit of Just'ene, who pointed us east and said, "Banish misfortune." We headed to Ormpur's ruins, fought lots of nasty undead out there. We rested in the nearby glen and saw another vision. After that, we went to the Dark Enchantress's tower. Like I REALLY should be there.

I'd feel better about this whole trip if it actually seemed like we accomplished something. Rith commented that at least we kicked out some demons. Honestly, that's not enough for me. Many of those demons showed up from Aramuil tinkering with the menhir! I just count us fortunate that there were no serious injuries.

Tomorrow, I'm gonna grab Rith and find a nice place to hide so we can catch up and be sisters. Maybe Adriell too, I see she's back.

• Entry 94

I'm home.

I'm sore. I'm tired. I'm upset that I didn't see Jynai. Hell, I didn't even make it to Cormanthyr. I was almost killed.

Still, I think if I was presented with the same situation again, I do what I did again. I don't regret saving another's life.

Rith is quite relieved that I am home. She missed me a lot. Maybe a bit more than I expected. I missed her, Fadia, and especially Jerrick, also. But it sounds my absense was felt hard by all three. I do admit I like and feel flattered that people care for me so much. However, I do feel a little bothered and guilty that they need me so much.

I told Rith all about my trip. She made it clear that I'm not to go on another trip without her again. Hearing me tell about the twister and how close to death I was. And then she told me that she had been spending a lot of time around Jiyyd fighting fiends. Remember that she gave me her holy symbol before I left?

And she says I worry her?!

We truly are sisters, eh? Making each other worry. And we look even more alike now. I've grown my hair out a some, and she cut her hair back. Our hair is about the same length now.

There's an interesting revelation for me. For years, whenever I looked in the mirror, I felt that the reflection wasn't me, Lorelai. It's Tindra's reflection. I looked different. Brown skin, dark brown hair, brown eyes, a bit more of an exotic looking face. That's just how I remember how I should look.

But now… it's different. I feel like I could accept my current blonde-haired reflection as myself.

• Entry 93

Quite a lot has happened since I wrote last. Most of it bad, unfortunately.

That storm was caused by a cult of Talos. The city watch, local adventurers, and some of us caravan guards went to stop the cult. I managed to free an avariel they were going to sacrifice. The high priest didn't like that and called on his god's wrath.

I've never seen a twister before. I hope NEVER to see one again.

I got caught by the winds of that twister, thrown high into the air. My last thought was confirming death as my fate.

I woke to a nightmare. I couldn't move, I felt pain all over, and the nightmare was still fresh in my mind. I wasn't rational at all, like a wounded and scared animal. My form even changed to a feline, which was probably one thing that I shouldn't have done.

After I calmed, Tojan explained. I fell on a tent where Michael found me. He was able to keep me alive, but my left arm and both legs were broken in several places from my fall. We were on a wagon caravan to another city, to find somebody who had the skill to set my bones the right way before healing them. My shapeshifting… kinda messed that up.

We found a priest of Ilmatar, but he didn't think he could treat a feline properly. Luckily, he knew a druid of Mielikki who was skilled in caring for animals. The druid was a nice fellow. He had to break my legs again where they started healing from my shapeshifting. My bones weren't knitting right because they had been bound in splints while I was a half-elf. If he kept them as they were, I'd be unable to walk probably.

It was painful, very painful. The druid and priest both did what they could to ease it for me, but breaking bones is not something that only tickles. The only reason I can write is because my right arm wasn't broken at all.

As soon as I'm feeling up to traveling again, I'll be heading back to Narfell. The storm wrecked a lot of boats anyways, so I probably can't cross the Moonsea at this time.

Jynai, I hope you are well.

Rith, I'll be home soon.

• Her family and friends lay dead at her feet, their faces frozen with the pained look of betrayal. "Yes, my pet," a dark sinister voice whispered from afar, yet sounded as clear as if it's owner were spoke the words in her ear. "You are meant to create such lovely havoc for me. You are MINE!"

Tindra jolted awake with a loud scream. In her terror she thrashed and cried her denials at the nightmare, NEVER would she be taken again. She sobbed for Jerrick, for Rith, for Fadia. Her legs and arm radiated intense pain, making her scream more in her hysterical state. Two people ran to her to calm her as she cried from the nightmare and cried out from pain. Animal instincts took over, her form shifted into a panther. She roared and snarled, trying to stand yet, unable to from the pain.

A lone voice called out to her. One familiar and soothing. Tindra began to calm at the voice, and let exhaustion return her to sleep.

"That's it, my Kitty, go back to sleep. We'll get you fixed up soon." Tojan reached out to and gave the sleeping panther a comforting hug. The pixie gave a big sigh of relief.

The blonde-haired man looked on worriedly. "What was that all about? Is she going to be alright?"

"It was a nightmare, Savior," the pixie responded to the acolyte of Lathander. "They are being caused by a mean fae. She's been sleeping so much and hasn't had the tea Fang gave her to keep them away. I'll get her to drink some later. Her legs worry me though. They are still broken, and I doubt shapeshifting helped much. They probably knitted together wrong!"

He noded and chanted a prayer of blessing over her and asked his Lord to grant her mind peace. He then began to rebind the splints on her legs, adapting them to her new form. "How did she change her shape? I thought she was a sorceress, not a druid."

The dwarf, whom Tojan has dubbed, Cleaver, shook his head. "She be no druid, lad, tho' rumors say she's wit 'em a lot. Yer lookin' atta werecat."

The young priest gulped and turned a little pale. "A w-werecat?" He looked the sleeping feline over. "W-well, I suppose she can't be bad if Rith treats her like a sister, right?"

The dwarf and pixie nodded.

"I'll go tell the others to get the caravan moving again. Perhaps you should stay with your kitty, miss Tojan? She seemed to calm at your voice." With that, said, the man exited the wagon. Moments later, it began to move again.

Cleaver sat down and pulled out a flask from within his armor and pulled out the cork. He took a swig of the strong spirits inside and laughed. "Ach! Tis always amusing t'see how the younguns react to stuff none o' their tranin' has prepared them for."

"Yeah. I'm sure that be an interesting journal to read! 'Dear Diary, I saved a woman's life days ago. Today I found out she's a monster. What to do?' " Tojan giggled.

The dwarf laughed in response. "Well, wit luck we'll be arrivin' at the capital soon, little'un. Too bad 'bout yer trip bein' left undone, but it be better to fix yer kitty up, right?"

"Yeah. No ship to cross Moonsea either."

"Wake up my Dark Kitty."

Tindra barely opened one eye and found Tojan staring right in front of her feline nose. She responded with a growl. Her head pounded with a headache. Her limbs hurt and wouldn't move, like they were tied to wood.

"Come now, you need to take your tea before you have another nightmare. Oh! Don't change shape though, your legs… they're broken."

Tindra lifted her head and looked down at her legs, three of them bound in splints. She gave a heavy sigh and looked around at her surroundings, noticing she was in a wagon again.

"Here's the short, short story, Kitty. You landed near Savior, a tent broke your fall... somewhat. If Savior wasn't there, you'd have died! But your legs are still busted, and Savior is only a young priest. We're trying to get you to a city with a healer who can fix you right. And then, Dark Kitty... back home. We'll try again another time."

Tindra nodded to her pixie sadly.

• It was a dark and stormy night…

Tindra shook her head.‭ ‬While she couldn't help to think that thought as she stepped out of the inn,‭ ‬she knew she didn't want that to be the start of her next diary entry afterward.‭ ‬Even if it really was a dark and stormy night.

The winds seemed to howl angrily as rain poured down in a torrential deluge.‭ ‬The‭ ‬dark sky suddenly lit up brilliantly with the flash of a lightning strike followed almost immediately with a loud booming crash of thunder.‭ ‬Tindra grimaced at the sound,‭ ‬painful to her sensitive ears.‭ ‬She quickly cast some protective spells on herself and began to run up the street where she saw a crowd gathered.

She wasn't the only one who suspected the storm was not a natural‭ ‬occurrence.‭ ‬There were some of the city watch,‭ ‬some of the guards from her caravan including Strom,‭ ‬and a few other‭ ‬adventurers.‭ ‬Tindra listened‭ ‬to the rumors shouted over the wind.‭ ‬The city watch were convinced the storm was being caused by a cult of Talossan priests who were barred entry to the city,‭ ‬and they asked for help in stopping the Talossans.‭ ‬The group headed to the outskirts of the small city,‭ ‬as another‭ ‬lightning bolt‭ ‬blasted down around them.‭ ‬Tindra frowned with worry as she saw the clouds overhead seemed to rotate.‭ ‬Never before had she seen such a sight.‭ ‬Then she noticed the rotating seemed to have a center,‭ ‬over a cliff where she could just see some figures.‭ ‬She shouted to the others,‭ ‬and they all agreed to check it out.

As they neared the cliff,‭ ‬the group were attacked‭ ‬by Talossans and air elementals. The wind made it difficult for Tindra's arrows to fly accurately, so kept herself invisible and helped people with a friendly spell or two during the combat. The melee felt like a chaotic mess. The loud storm brewing overhead made it near impossible to hear any orders unless they were bellowed out. Coordination almost was accidental more than it was intentional. Strom seemed to fair the best. His stocky frame held against the wind like a mountain as he proclaimed glory to Moradin with powerful swings of his waraxe. Everybody rallied to the dwarf and pressed on the fight, slowly making their way to the cliff top.

A handful of priests stood in a circle around an altar. One priest, a man with gray hair and a beard led them in chanting. Tindra figured he was the high priest of the cult. Tied to a wooden pole next to the high priest was a beaten elven woman. Tindra growls as she realized the cult's intent. They were calling on Talos's wrath, and intended the elf as a sacrifice.

Still invisible, she leaned over to Strom and yelled into his ear. "Lead the charge at them. Distract them all, especially the high priest," she said. "I'll rescue their victim."

The dwarf nodded and called out to the priests as the group charged in. Their ceremony was disrupted and the cult took up their spears to fight back. Strom himself rushed the high priest and almost knocked him down with a bash from his shield. Tindra ignored the fighting and swiftly moved to the elf and pulled out a dagger to cut the bindings. The half-elf paused for a moment in surprise; what Tindra thought was a cloak of feathers actually wasn't a cloak but the elf's wings. She was an avariel!

Tindra bid the elf not to move as she was freed but to wait for Tindra to cast. The woman thanked Tindra as the ropes fell away. A moment later, Tindra began to cast a spell, turning the avariel invisible like herself. The winged elf immediately ran for safety.

The high priest noticed his intended sacrifice had disappeared and roared with anger. He called out to his god, calling on him to punish the heathens who interrupted the ceremony and stole their sacrifice. The winds howled in response, and Tindra couldn't help but feel uneasy. The clouds in the sky spun faster and faster, forming a funnel of swirling cloud and wind. She gazed in amazement, never having seen a tornado before. To Tindra, it looked as if a giant finger of Talos was reaching down to the land. She shouted a warning as her invisibility spell wore off. Strom and the others began to flee, as well as some of the priests. Tindra ran as well as the tornado swept across the ground, leaving destruction in it's wake. The high priest shouted something foul at the group fleeing before him, and then was swallowed by the very storm he summoned.

The howling winds became louder and louder as Tindra ran. She stole a quick look behind her and felt terror wash over her. A moment later, the tornado overtook her.

• Entry 92

By Selûne, what a storm that's come up! The locals say it's the worst they've seen in the past couple of decades. No ships will be leaving until it's gone. Hell, the whole town is practically closed up; everybody's staying in doors. What timing, Sullivan informed me that we were scheduled to leave tomorrow morning.

Michael is also staying at the same inn that I am at. He finally badgered me enough to talk about Rith. I didn't want to, but he wouldn't take no for an answer. I bet he would have followed me even. And it was hard to say no when he offered me a bottle of Silverymoon Ruby. Shame on me for mentioning the other day that it's my favorite wine.

I told him everything. When I first met her, how much she's become a part of my family, how pained she was at the idea of leaving us, deciding to stay, trying to fix other problems like the demons in Jiyyd or the Dark Enchantress… just kept talking until the bottle of Ruby was empty and then some. Michael seems to understand her reasons for staying. I'm not sure if he agrees with them, but he understands. I hope Rith forgives me if this causes any grief. Michael promised me that he would seek Lathander's guidance about it. I stressed to him that Lathander seems to approve of her choice.

Wow, that storm is getting worse out there. It makes me wish I was back in my nice solid cave. No worries of wind or lightning in th-

Fark! That was clo-

This is not a natural storm. I'm going out there.

• Entry 91

We've arrived at the town. It's bigger than Norwick, but not as big as Peltarch. Which in a way feels odd. There's some big buildings, but it's not as urban as I see in Peltarch. I don't feel as claustrophobic. Sullivan gave us our pay earned so far since a couple of the guards were planning not to continue across the Moonsea. While Sullivan went to handle his business, I set off to find a nice inn to stay at. The food is decent and their selection of drinks is good, though they don't have Silverymoon Ruby. It's the same inn that Shana and Maria are staying at, our rooms are next to each other.

It's been a nice stay here so far, though I had gotten quite a surprise today. I was walking down the market district, just browsing through the wares. A person grabbed me from behind exclaiming, "Aha! I finally found you!" I spun around to find a young man in armor ranting at me. He's lucky, to be honest. My hand was just about to weave together a spell when I realized what he was babbling about. While he was a little too excited to make out everything he said, three words did stick out. "Found," "missing," and "Cormyr." And then he called me Rith.

Uh oh.

I got him to calm down, and took a more careful look at him. He looked not even twenty summers old. Short blond hair neatly trimmed, green eyes, fairly handsome. The armor he wore had a symbol of Lathander adorning it. I had him follow me to the inn and we sat down to talk over a drink. My suspicion was proven true, the young man had mistaken me for Rith. I wonder what she'd think of that.

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't mention it to her?

The young man, Michael, is an acolyte from her temple in Cormyr. They are worried about her not returning after being summoned back. Michael wasn't sent out to find her, but he knew of her disappearance. He was rather disappointed when he realized I wasn't her. I think the ears gave it away first. And of course my eyes are blue whereas Rith's are amber.

I didn't tell Michael anything about Rith. I tried to keep things cool and calm. I think he suspects I know more. I'm just not sure if I should tell him. Sure, her people probably do have a right to know where she is. And it's probably going to happen eventually that they do send somebody to find her. But I don't want her to be forced home unless that is what she truly wishes.

Yes, there's the whole, "I don't want to lose another sister," thing too.

<g>Fark.</g>

• Entry 91

It took a few days, but Shana and Maria eventually did start talking to me again. I'm not exactly sure what Tojan said to convince them that I'm a "nice kitty," but it worked. I'm glad for it. The days felt longer with that uncomfortable silence.

We have just another day's travel to go until we reach town. I forget what Sullivan said the name of the town is. We should be staying there for a day or two, as Sullivan sells some goods and acquires other goods. After that, it's onto a chartered boat and across the Moonsea.

((OOC: Holy crap, I've written over 100 posts!))

• Entry 90

Up until today, our trip has mostly been uneventful. There were some kobolds, which weren't much of a threat. A few brigands too, but they were a small group who wisely ran away. Today, however, we were besieged by orcs.

It was no small attack. These were orcs who obviously were expecting a sizable caravan guarded well. I started off by using my magic to protect myself and make Shana and Maria invisible, then started to launch arrow after arrow at the oncoming orcs while Strom charged ahead with some others. The orcs were numerous though, and our counter assault only held back half the group. As the orcs were closing in on my wagon, I ordered Shana and Maria to stay hidden and quiet no matter what, then made myself invisible and shapeshifted and waited for the right moment to strike.

I must say with satisfaction that the sudden appearance of a large werecat surprised the orcs. Others who had stayed with the wagons also charged out to engage the beasts, though many stayed away from me. A shriek caught my attention while in the melee; one orc got close to wagon and scared Shana. At that shriek, my rage boiled. I let it take over, strengthening me. I can't say I remember much more than just constantly ripping into orc after orc without pause for several minutes. I only stopped when I found no more were standing.

A few of us guards fell in the battle, but the priest of Waukeen was able to revive them. Strom seems to be showing me a little more respect, but Shana hasn't said much to me for the rest of the day. I think she may have watched the battle and realized I'm a werecat. I hope the rest of this trip isn't filled with the awkward silence I felt tonight.

• Entry 89

The merchant, Sullivan, is a decent fellow. He's a bit on the short and round size for a human, but that suits his jovial personality well. I was a bit surprised that he wasn’t bothered when I flat out told him that I was a werecat (I figured it'd be better to be up front about it). It sounds like he's hired other odd people like saurials as caravan guards in the past.

Each of us guards were paired up and assigned a wagon to stick with. We are free to wander or scout about, as long as one of us remains with our assigned wagon. My partner is a dwarven warrior, Strom Thunderstone. He's as gruff as you'd expect a dwarf to be and as loud as his clan name suggests. He specifically volunteered to be my partner so he can keep an eye on me. He doesn't trust my being what I am. His waraxe looks blessed with symbols of Moradin, so I think I'll prove he doesn't need to use it on me. We worked out a good plan though. Since he's got a steed to ride, I'll ride in the wagon so he can move about and keep an eye on things around us. When we stop, I'll scout about since I can more easily move about undetected and he'll stick with the wagon.

Our cargo looks like it's typical stuff. Clothing, some spices, wines, furs. Also in our wagon are a couple of passengers, a mother and daughter. The little girl, Shana, is nine summers old, and is quite adorable. The first question she asked me is how I got to be so pretty. Both Shana and Maria, her mother, have been pleasant company on the journey. I think Maria is especially glad thankful that I'm not a male guard. Whenever Shana has gotten bored, either I would entertain her with some small cantrip or Tojan would start playing with her. The pixie really likes Shana, or "Rosey" as the pixie has dubbed her.

Sullivan told me that we should be traveling through Damara to the Moonsea and then charter a ship across it into Cormanthyr. And while the caravan will move on to human settlements, I'll hopefully be breaking off and trying to find Jynai's people. I honestly didn't expect Cormanthyr was as close as it is. For some reason I expected I'd have to cross all the way to Waterdeep or something. Hopefully, this trip will be short.

• Entry 88

A little voice has been nagging me the past few days. I can't ignore it either. I trust my instincts and they are telling me I should see Jynai. Why? A couple of reasons, I think.

First, I never did have a proper goodbye. It is something that bothers me, not having that goodbye. Ever since being exiled from my tribe without the chance to say farewell to my mother, it's always bothered me when I don't have the chance to give a final farewell to somebody who is leaving me. I would have had to hunt down Rith for that same reason, if she didn't come back.

Second, I suppose it's harder to put to words. I just feel that she might need me. It's like how Rith can instantly tell when something is bothering me. It's something that comes from being a big sister to another.

I told the others of my decision to take the trip to Cormanthyr. At least things should be less dangerous without Jynai's father leading things. It still won't be completely safe there. Jerrick doesn't want me taking fey paths like he did, not with my nightmare issues. So I'll be going by caravan.

Jerrick, Fadia, and Rith of course worry for me, but they support my decision to go. Rith even gave me her necklace, a holy symbol of Lathander. I almost want to sneak it back into her room. She told me it's okay for me to keep it, to help guard me. I know that it's very important to her though. She's a priestess, this holy symbol is like a weapon of faith in her hands against demons and undead. But I know her reasons to give it to me. It's not just to help guard me against my own nightmares. She's giving me a physical reason to return. She expects me to come home and give it back to her. Honestly, there are times where I do wonder how I've come to deserve a sister like her. Of course, she'd go and say that I'm a beautiful person inside and out and deserve the best in the world.

Everybody else seemed to just be ambivalent about me leaving. Maybe that's simply because I kind of sprang this on them last moment. And they also were busy working on investigating that Oscuran mage that is dumping waste in the Rawlinswood. Thorn was a bit surprised and joked that he should go to and wondered if his portal sword would allow him to cut a portal to there.

Tomorrow morning I'll be up in Peltarch again. I talked to a merchant who has arranged for me to help guard a caravan in exchange for travel to Cormanthyr. I must admit I'm a little excited. I've rarely traveled outside of the Narfell region, and in each case it's never been by such mundane means. Tojan seems excited about it too. May Selûne's guard us in our journey.

• Entry 87

I don't think I can put to words just how bizarre my recent little trip was. Eluriel asked me to help her investigate something related to the goblins who have been disguising themselves as Divine Shield members. Her investigations so far pointed to some Thayan wizard. The wizard disappeared while visiting her lover. Said lover being a creature of the Underdark, a "Mind Flayer". I've never seen one. Barely have heard of them before. And all that people would tell me is that they are like men with squids for a head and can control people with their minds, or if that fails they crush foes' minds with the power of their own.

We gathered and eventually five of us went to Oscura and then chartered a boat to find out what happened to that wizard. There was Eluriel, Aelthas, Fadia, Ronan, and Vash't. And myself, of course. The boat captain told us we had three paths he could sail for us, each with dangers. Option one had the Hive brood, Abby's brood. Option two was driders. Option three was… unknown. Sometimes ships make it through, sometimes not. Since I recognized the Hive, us druids having helped Abby before, we decided to try that path. Well... that worked out sort of. They attacked first, until a stronger one came who guided the rest to stay away. But she did ask we not return via the same path. Considering how nasty the fight was until that higher brood showed, we agreed.

We got to our destination and boarded on a dingy to get to the cave entrance. As soon as we stepped off the boat, we found ourselves in... A desert. No cave behind us, just a desert with a hot sun and the hell with making sense. We walked around and got attacked by various creatures, the most numerous being werecats. It hurt when the werecats were killed. Maybe because I'm one myself? At one point I even felt a bit disoriented by the heat. It felt so real, yet made no sense. We all started to wonder if the Mind Flayer somehow had a hold of our minds and we were in a dream. Especially when the desert vanished we found ourselves in a cave.

In the cavern, we crossed a bridge which led to a tower of a strange design. I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like it. Not the material, not the patterns. Inside, we found much of the same. We were attacked by these strange little creatures the others called Mind Eaters. They were like Magic Eaters but ate minds instead? I also happened to fight Magic Eaters for the first time. They were ill timed, I had just cast spells on myself. And they just pulled the spells right off me, getting larger as they did. I did examine one of the bodies after and found a crystal growth in it. Ronan later confirmed what I thought. I had a spell crystal, a perfectly formed one as well. I hope to have Rith put a Death Ward in it for me. We also encountered this strange plant creature that lashed out at us with rope-like vines that grabbed tight and pulled us close so it could try to eat us. None of us were seriously injured, thankfully.

Things took a bit of a turn for the worse soon after. Ronan suddenly became very certain and convinced that we all weren't real, that it was just a dream. Now, I have to admit, I think the same thought crossed all of our minds, but he really took to it. And then turned into a Balor. He ended up attacking us and probably would have killed somebody if he didn't turn back into himself after a few minutes. Aelthas was sure that Ronan wasn't real. And then we saw a familiar Red-Haired Devil appear and disappear several times. We all felt confused and tired, and unsure of what was real or not, yet we kept going. Upstairs we found a locked door. Eluriel fiddled with the lock as the others got ready for a fight. I was around the corner waiting since there wasn't room for me to stand with my comrades. I am so very, very, very glad that I was not around that corner.

Inside the room was the wizardess, alright. And her lover. The rumors were true. Her lover was one of those Mind Flayers. And we caught them in the act. I was the only one who didn't see it. At least we did get some information from the wizard. Seems it's another wizard in Oscura who is the problem. He's got some kind of teleportation device that he uses to dispose of waste from his experiments and that's what we are having problems with.

The Mind Flayer was kind enough to teleport us out of his home and back to the ship. We returned to Oscura via the drider path, which wasn't too nasty of a fight. Back to Peltarch and to Norwick for me after that. Glad to be home. And very glad I am not mentally scarred from our trip.

• Entry 86

Uljas is back. And the first thing he does of course is pick me up. Hah! I suppose it's good that Jerrick wasn't there. That's fine though, I did tell Uljas that Jerrick and I are together. He's happy to hear that I'm happy.

After spending some time with Uljas, I ran into Rith, Troff and two felines. Druid felines, Fadia and Adriell. We had fun talking, eating some food by the south gate, listening to Aramuil drone on and on and on… At one point, somebody came to Rith and I and asked to help take care of a ghost wolf who wandered into the hobgoblins territory. We took care of it and made sure others weren't getting too close. After we returned to town, we found some people were brought back to town, killed by goblins. And another person mentioned there was another lass in trouble out in the woods west of the lake.

I know I make Rith very worried when I ran off. Simply put, I'm a guardian of these woods. Especially in a section of woods that is so near to my den. Sure enough, we found a dead body there. I knew it would be too late, but... I still had to try. Sune was a kind goddess though. Rico, that Sunite fellow had tried to protect those people by covering their escape. Unfortunately, none listened to him when he told them to run. Sune decided to show that she at least approved of his actions by bringing all three of the fallen back. It was nice to see there was a happy ending.

• Entry 85

Rith revealed something about herself yesterday that I really didn't know before. Well, she did mention before that she was once held captive by the drow for a year. They tortured her… Made her blind. What I didn't know before, is what other tortures she went through. So she decided to tell me and Fadia, because she wanted us to know why she finds it hard to be with others. I mean be intimate. Even be asleep with another.

The things she's been through, and yet she's strong and full of life. She's so optomistic. So... "Sunny." Everything bad that happened in my life just seems to pale in comparison to what she's been through. And yet she has pulled through with a grace that I could never match.

For some good news, Jerrick is finally back. It was such a relief to see him. I know I've been getting antsy without him. He's quite tired from the trip, which is no surprise. And his ear has a nick in it. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean, I'm glad that it's only a nick. But it makes me wonder what happened.

He's back though, that's the important thing. I was running out of ink after all. I almost had to switch back to the pixie ink!