Zoma relays an urgent message to the Elders

• Zoma makes his way to the first elder he encounters and relay his report on the possible intrusion.

"Elder." Zoma speaks quietly as he bows to greet the person.

"The Guardians found a possible intrusion to the pillar, the one located in the collapsed mine. We were performing our usual patrol in the camp when suddenly, we heard sounds, trembling sounds that shook the very ground under our feet came from the collapsed mine."

The one eyed man pauses for a moment as he turns his gaze to the direction of the mine briefly before he continues.

"When we entered the scene, we saw a lingering light near the pillar. The one similiar to the light given out by the menhir in Jiyyd and Norwick. A 'portal' I assume. The place was shrouded with unnatural darkness as well as unnatural silence which dissipates not long after. We could see nothing nor hear anything aside from the vanishing 'portal'."

Before the elder could speak, Zoma quickly assures him or her.

"The Guardians are now searching the area for any signs of oddities, clues and suspicious characters. I…. apologised that this had happened under our watch." The man lets out a heavy sigh for a moment before shaking his head to regain his composure.

"Elder, please gather the others and I will lead you all to the place."

As soon as the remaining elders are gathered, Zoma leads them to the collapsed mine where the rest of the Guardians are found to be still searching the place for any intruders or clues left by the intrusion.

• Zoma once again approached the elders, bringing more news regarding of the intrusion.

"My fellow Guardian, Brother Caldor, has made some progress regarding of the tracks and other forms of clues he had pieced together. "

The man taps his chin thoughtfully as he attempts to convey Caldor's findings to the elders.

"He managed to backtrack the footprints which leads to the outside camp. However, when he investigate the ones leaving the caves, it leads straight to the gnoll territory. This…..is a finding that puzzles us all.

Also, Caldor found some odd swaying marks in the dust near the footprints. He believed that the intruder may be possibly a mage of sort which could explain the unnatural darkness and silence when we entered the scene."

Upon finishing his words, Zoma takes a step back and lowers his head to the group of elders.

"I believe whatever important information he had gathered from the pillar has some possible uses in the gnolls lands. Perhaps, a journey to the gnoll territory may reveal more of what has been leaving us puzzled.

That is all we have found out so far, and if you wish the Guardians to be deployed to investigate the place, please do not hesitate to look for us. I shall take my leave now and continue our patrols."

With that, Zoma bows respectfully to the group of people for one last time before leaving the scene.

• "Elders." Zoma bows once more in greeting to the group of elders.

"A fellow Guardian member had found some leads in the area. Come, allow me to show you. Follow my step, there are some tracks we do not wish to disturb."

The one eyed man then leads the elders carefully to a particular set of track marks.

"Brother Caldor had shown me these tracks made by someone else other than us when we arrived the scene." Zoma points out at the track marks which is difficult to notice as it is hard to tell amongst the muddle of tracks.

"Based on Brother Caldor's findings, he believed that someone else, aside from us Guardians arrived the scene were present and then quickly rushed out without our notice." Zoma then lowers his head looking apologetic.

"I apologise… this is the only thing we have discovered so far. Perhaps a skillful ranger may be able to have better results than us. We will leave some members here to guard this specific pillar and I will continue our patrol now."

Following that, Zoma begins to give specific instructions to the Guardians present to leave two memebrs behind to guard the pillars and with the others, they continue their patrol once more in the dark night.

• On hearing Zoma's story, Arandor comments

"Thank you for telling us… Worry not. We don't even know if anything came through as of yet. I cast no blame on you nor the Guardians for this incident... The best thing we can do now, you are already taking care of. We just need to keep a much closer eye on that pillar and warn our researchers to take extra care during their studies..."

"Nonetheless, this news is... Troubling. Do we know who has been studying this pillar recently, if anyone? Perhaps someone got ahead of themselves and attempted to activate it without proper caution..."

He frowns thoughtfully and follows the others to the scene.