An inquisitive Elf.

• _Some time ago… A tall elf with jet-black hair, fair skin, and silvery eyes had come to the camp. He spoke with Cera and Jeni for a time after arriving, before wandering off on his own to explore the camp and see how the rebuilding progressed...

He had been staying with the camp ever since, though strangely enough, he seemed to have chosen a tent over the Communal Tree at first. It didn't take him long to move, however, after the arrival a beautiful, though shy, elven woman with long golden hair, whom he is often seen in the company of.

More recently, he has been inquiring about certain things about the camp... Mostly simple things, like the old traditions of the Romani people, their wines and clothing, their way of life... History is also something that seems to interest him, recent history like the Gnoll War, the events before and leading up to the final battle. Even such major events that may have happened long before the Gnolls were ever a threat. Anything there is to know, he seems eager to learn.

It is rumoured that he perhaps wishes to dig deeper then that, however, seeking information about the camp's very ancient past. Why the Romani, a wandering people, chose to stay here so long... Despite such obvious threats to them.

He has also been seen puzzling over the three 'Rune Pillars' near the inner camp, seeking anyone that might know something._

• Celebring notes.

"I'm sorry… I forgot to mention. I will, of course, regard whatever I may find with sincere caution. Often times when such things are buried so deep and for so long, there is good reason for it. We will find out, in time..."

• Relaxing somewhat, Celebring nods and takes the map from Lilin, thanking her.

"I never had any problem with a little bit of help or even a second opinion… In fact, that is what I've been seeking all along. Just the timing I suppose, it gave me the wrong impression. I for one, will be taking my time, pursuing carefully every theory, even the unlikely... If there is one thing I have learned during my relatively brief stay in Narfell, it is that this is a land full of unlikelihood. I look forward to comparing our findings."

• Jonni stands off to the side as all the discussions go on, listening but not interfering. He seems pleased that it was worked out. Anyone asking would receive his simple response:

Two groups can research something as well as one. I am jus' wantin' the best translation. Nobody's nudging anyone anywhere, muchless dragging anything anywhere unless they figure out how to pick up and haul a few hundred pounds of rock..

• Chuckles and nods

No problem. No one has to tell me to be kind and fragile to the ancient carved markings. I was just using the soft outside rock to get a higher vantage point was all.

• I have no problem with that. Just everyone be nice and leave your metal in a neat pile a few feet back from the pillar.

• ::looks to tala::

You said you didn't want "all those foreign folk" trying to capitalize on your all's pillars. That's what I was responding too. If people really had that big of a fear that I was coming in here just to try to capitalize and make money or some other thing with this and really wanted me gone, I was just saying I'd leave. I'm helping because it seems interesting and I'm always willing to help people with language problems.

• Nods to Lillin with a smile

No problem. Thanks for the map, and I do understand. Celebring and some that don't know me I can understand…I'm sure I just seem like an outsider. But there are some speaking up that the xenophobia simply isn't the reason. I'll keep my head low, was going to primarily just ask Jerr and Penny for help on this anyways to keep it with only College members that are actually familiar in the camp.

• tala looks perplexed

I'm not keeping anyone from looking at it. they can look at it and take their rubbings. I wont let them deface the stone with tools. Thats ALL I said.

You been drinking Zyphlin?

scratches her head and tucks some stray whisp of hair back into her pony tail.

• Lilin quietly takes Celebring aside

Please don't think this is a race Celebring, we're just trying to get two seperate translations so we can hopefully get a more accurate one. Don't think you are being edged out, because it doesn't matter how long it takes for you to do your translation or any other research you need to do. Yes, we did ask Zyphlin to come take a look, and I am very interested in anything you can find. After all, we are going into a great deal of speculation about what exactly happened here and the more double checking we can do about the facts we find the better, and I am glad you are helping us, even if it took us a while to get moving on it. She smiles I hope you can forgive us for our slowness… as well as our loose tounges. I'll be more than glad to share everything I know about the camp with you. Oh and here... Zyphlin wanted one of these, so I thought you would too. Oh and Celebring... I pray that you heed me in saying that if you think what you translate is too dangerous, destroy it and never speak of it again, history is not worth that price She offers Celebring a copy of a map of the camp with various things marked ((see link at end of post 🙂 ))

After finishing with Celebring, Lilin goes to talk to Zyphlin, handing him a rolled up map as well
    Please understand all of our skepticism about what is being done here… I fear this is not a light undertaking. Jonni and I both wonder if the secrets of the pillars are something meant for us to discover or not. However... I do think we are taking a leap of faith that it will be good for us to do this for the camp. I pray that you heed me in saying that if you think what you translate is too dangerous, destroy it and never speak of it again, history is not worth that price She smiles a bit uneasily hopefully it won't come to that. And… on top of that we're all a little Xenophobic so... please do be patient with us sometimes, we do appreciate all you are doing.

Told to both Zyphlin and Celebring as they recieve maps
    Pillar A, the one in the pixie roost says to be watchful and vigilant, I'll show you how to get there if you want to use that pillar for your rubbings.
    (( Map is here ))

• @80548409f5=RoundHere:

Penny finally pokes her head out of the treeline near the rune site.

Look y'all. 'course the college can be trusted. Think I'd be one of em if it couldn't? Hells, I've known all of em for years, an' I'd trust em with my life if it came down ta it. If y'all want, I'll watch over all their rubbings ta ensure there's no funny business.

shrugs I'll even let ya inta the damn library if ya wanna use it, or I'll take your rubbings up ta try ta translate em for ya. It's the least I can do for all the years a hospitality the Romani 'ave shown me.

Look y'all, like I said, my offer a help still stands. I been a Gali through thick an' thin fer years an' years, even if a few personal problems kept me away fer a time. But let's not turn this inta a farkin' pissin' contest, aye? Sheesh…

//my bad, should know not to discuss in the rumors thread :oops:

• On a trip down to finish the last of his rubbings Zyph hears the commotion and frowns

Look, if you all want me to leave, I shall. Jonni asked me to look at them. Lillin and him personally took me to the others and told me to do what I can to figure it out and feel free to come down to examine and do the rubbings whenever I wish. I repeatedly stated were they sure they wished my aid since I was an outsider and the gods know that in the past no one wanted us near anything and they stated that figuring this out was important so it should be fine.

So once more I'll ask, if you all have some problem with an outsider helping out, looking over these things, tell me and I'll walk away. But I was asked for my help, I did not suddenly come here on my own ambitions trying to "Captalize" on something. So if you wish to insult someone for thier reasons for trying to help, search out Jonni and insult him for asking for mine instead of thinking I came sniffing around for some personal gain.

• @31386e5345=Jonni:

Jonni finishes his clearing of the pillar and it is rumored that a bard was literally clambering all over it fascinated with the runes. Word is sent for Celebring to get his rubbings of the pillar as well as the other two, and seemingly bards from the bard college have been flocking to get rubbings as well. It almost seems a race to see who gets the first translation out, but Jonni seems more concerned with the accuracy rather then the speed.

@31386e5345=Celebring:

On hearing about the 'clambering bards' Celebring seems 'very' annoyed. He is skeptical of all the sudden interest at this very pivotal point in the research, when for so long he found no one at all seemed to care…

Grumbling that his research cannot be conducted in total comfort, now instead with a sense of urgency, he nonetheless collects the rubbings from each pillar, using some charcoal and a lot of scroll paper. He tucks the pages away into his spellbook carefully, departing to begin his study.

@31386e5345=Elor:

The new Gali Elor watches all the commotion, only moving to study the writing on the pillars when the others have moved on.

@31386e5345=Tala:

tala is seen standing guard over the now fully uncovered pillar

all these foreign folks coming in tring to capitalize on something that has been decades in t he making. I don't like it Jonni. I just don't like it.

They might try to vadalize it…

watches the people taking rubbings very carefully, anyone moving too fast near the pillar or pulling out any tool other then paper or charcoal meets with a grumpy tala

@31386e5345=Oreth:

Oreth shrugs

The college can be trusted. And they have one of the most extensive research libraries in Narfell. What use is keeping the secrets of these columns pristine, if no one ever figures out what they mean?

I mean, if it's like people are saying, and these are remnants of the Netherese, a civilization that, as far as I've ever heard, drew its borders several thousands of miles away to the west, it could be quite important….

(( Thought I'd pull this all back here to avoid a discussion in the rumour thread. 🙂 ))

Celebring frowns slightly and is heard to comment.

"From what I understand, there has been little to no outside interest regarding these pillars for decades. I came to this camp to study it's history, even requested help, but found I was left to my own devices."

shrugs.

"Many years of cautious, tedious, and collected effort now turned into some sort of silly race… If the college was so interested, where was their effort before, or in the decades prior to my arrival? Why only now when things reach this turning point? I'm inclined to agree with the lady Tala, just seems poor form that only now a definite interest is shown."