Contest for the creators of beauty

• A large, flashy poster is hung in the commons, on the outside of the Wilting Flower, and that of the Bard's Academy (if the owners of the building do not like this, the poster is removed)

ART CONTEST

Are you good at writing? Drawing? Painting? Dancing? Singing? Any of the many arts that exist? Then this is for you! I am thrilled to announce a competition for all the arts! 2000 gold to the winner, 1000 to the second runner up, and 500 to the third!

The judging will be done by I, Belade Galadon, paladin of Sune, along with any other judges who can prove their objectivity and love of beauty.

Subject: Beauty, love or passion
    Only new works

May Sune bless thee!

//ic and ooc art is accepted ( a bit hard to draw ig). Deadline: 1e of June
    Interested? Questions? Want to judge? Send me a pm or a tell
    One character per player only, sorry if you have multiple arty-characters, but I don't want Attlen or KB to win 3500 gold 😉

• The 1st price goes to Lilin //Losl
    The 2nd goes to Ocean //Katebush
    The 3th goes to an anonymous artist //sunshine
    The 4th price goes to Elorathall //archon

All the contestants be praised

• The ceremony went great, until, at the end, a horde of shadows attacked, and killed the class of children who had come to watch. Symbols of Auril and Shar were found, and Belade swore revenge.

• In Mog eyes Mog saw Mog love
    so fair so true
    Mog first see Mog love
    as new found vein under rocks
    with hardened hand Mog brush away rock
    to discover the treause beneath
    a beauty Mog could no see
    nor Mog dare touch
    but Mog watch from afar

Mog would watch
    and Mog would let grow
    keeping Mog love safe
    and warm

Mogs love eyes were new fired forge
    burning with fires that can no quench
    Mogs love voice was sweet as hammer and steel
    a soothing tone to put Mog to sleep
    Mogs love was strong
    could strike enemy down with but a word
    could strike Mog down with gentle sigh

Mogs love gave Mog hope
    that what Mog told maybe not true
    that Mog was no welcome
    and none could love
    that maybe Mog find place
    to call Mog own

But Mog love now gone away
    to somewhere Mog can no reach
    Mog love now buried
    deep beneath rocks
    never for Mog to see

Mog no know why
    Moradin made love go far
    Mog love died with neither a cry
    nor shout
    when Mog was far away
    to wicked claw and bite
    Mogs love fire burned low
    and with not a sound
    Mogs love did fade
    as forge fires must die

Another piece of art is put

• ((ah boo-erns 😞 it's WAY too small here.. please go to the coppermine to view it in its right size please OR click on the link below :P))

http://www.therealnarfell.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimagepopup&pid=2820&fullsize=1

• ((i can't make it till 7pm eastern))

• Cyrian's entry is put up

On a piece of dirty, torn, used news print, written in basic common that is understandable but still ill educated comes an entry, it is a story of hardship, survival, poverty, grief, despair and above all hope. attached with the entry is a note from Cyrian LoreWeaver Private Defender second corps. The note from Cyrian on a regular piece of parchment says as follows; "I am not an artist or poet, im not a bard nor a faithful of sune, I am neither poor nor rich, the story i have entered into the contest is what in my eyes I believe to be true beauty. It is the beauty I see every day that I work among the poor people of Peltarch, I see in their eyes and hear as they speak of the conditions of their lives and I have put it into writing.

When people think of beauty, what is it they are looking for? Attractive young men and women? Bright colors? Tranquility? Perhaps, but as I go on with my day to day life in the city I see beauty in another way, I see the hungry faces of children begging for a morcel of food, I see young women without an education selling their bodies for favors on the corners of streets, I see men of all ages toiling on the docks to earn a wage, they are dirty, they smell of sweat and hardship, they wear ragged, dirty clothes, where is the beauty you ask? If we take a closer look into the lives of these people and how they struggle everyday to make ends meet then we can see the real beauty within, the child who begs on the street for food or money, he will sit there for as long as it takes to get what he desires, it is his determination to bring something home to his mother at the end of the day to show to her that he wants to help the family make ends meet, and it is the unconditional love the parents give in return that helps to fuel this childs determination.
    Imagine a young girl, age sixteen, attractive but for the worn out clothes and the stench of a tavern on her, she earns a small keep of two coppers a day plus tips working in the tavern, serving liquor and food to its patrons and cleaning up after them, she could earn hundred times that much as a harlot but she does not want to fall deeper into the gutter, she wants to climb out of it and so she toils in the bars day and night, admirable yes, but why work at such a young age? shouldnt her parents take care of her? At the end of a hard night the girl will go home, when she gets there she will enter the bedroom and kneel by the bed where her father lay dieing of lung rot from working in the mines for over fifty years, knowing his daughter works very hard to pay for medicine and food for them both is what is keeping him alive, seeing her father so happy on his death bed is what gives the girl the motivation to work so hard, and under all the grime, dirt, ragged clothing and horrid living condition, the two can only stare into eachothers eyes and smile, to me that is the most beautiful thing in existance, and it is why I work so hard to protect that beauty every day of my life.

Cyrian LoreWeaver Private Second Corps Defenders.

• Cyrian was seen submitting an entry written on a dirty torn piece of previously used parchment, along with a note, when asked why he would submit something into a contest of beauty on a piece of trashy paper, he merely comments that it is symbolic

• (( I wont be able to make it either, I'm working a festival that day.
    Sorry man 😕 ))

• either way with parents home on the weekends and wanting me to do yard work with them mid day on a saturday is next to impossible for me. I will try but it is highly unlikely.

• @16d42bc2d2=Nyda:

((12-2pm EST, since he gave a range. Though whether he means between those times, or starting somewhere between them is anyones guess 🙂 ))

With nwn events you never know, even if it was said 😄 Have to see the first event that starts on time.

• @532990d0a4=Teah:

((that is 2pm EST for people like me that are GMT challenged.))

((12-2pm EST, since he gave a range. Though whether he means between those times, or starting somewhere between them is anyones guess 🙂 ))

• ((that is 2pm EST for people like me that are GMT challenged.))

• The final date and time for the award ceremony have been set! On Midsummer, at Highsun, the prices will be handed out, and I hope that the party will last long into first-day of the first tenday of Eleasis. Be there!

//this saturday 3 June, 5 to 7 pm GMT. I hope that this date allows people from all the timezones to attend. I hope to see all the contestants and a lot of other people there. Free food and drink!

• Do the characters get to appraise their art work IG?

• A new announcment is put under the other ones

All entries are to be in on ((1th of June)). The prices will be awarded in a grand ceremony on the ((3th of June)) Be there!

• _On the stream

On the stream we gently float.
    Together on the flow.
    Finding comfort in your eyes.
    Gentle warmth that lies below.

The caring softness in your touch
    Light that brings me back.
    Giving purpose once again.
    The hope that I lack.

I remember all so well.
    You are always there.
    Far away and yet so close.
    Leaving my heart to bare.

I will find you once again
    Swim far into the sea
    And the stars will guide me on
    Till you are back with me_

Elorathall

• Drowning in Her Touch

I’m spun around
    And up-side-down.
    Washed away,
    With each new day.
    Close to drowning.
    Senses screaming,
    Out to me
    In Ecstacy.

Admit you feel the love
    Admit you’re not so tough
    That you can see
    Sune’s Beauty
    Don’t try
    To deny
    Open your eyes!

From every side of me,
    In everything I see,
    My soul aches
    To see it all.
    Whilst some crawl,
    Eyes tight shut.
    Ignorant
    Of her Glory.

Admit you feel the love
    That you can see
    Sune’s Beauty
    Don’t try
    To deny
    Open your eyes!

In the smile of a child.
    In the rainbow in the sky.
    Candle glints in a lovers sweat,
    And the twinkle in their eye.
    In the scent of a rose.
    In the cut of well made clothes.
    My soul swells,
    Can’t you see
    Her Beauty?

Admit you feel the love
    That you can see
    Sune’s Beauty
    Don’t try
    To deny
    Open your eyes!

The beauty of Sune’s touch,
    Is almost just too much.
    I ache with the Joy,
    At each pretty girl or boy.
    So I tell you, take the chance!
    Take this dance!
    Open up your eyes and soul!
    Let Sune’s Beauty make you whole!

Admit you feel the love
    That you can see
    Sune’s Beauty
    Don’t try
    To deny
    Open your eyes!

–--------------------------------------------

Sune’s love and Lliira’s Joy to you all

Ocean

Belade looks excited at the recent influx of entries.

"Keep them coming!"

• A cute little bard makes her way north carrying two parchments. After offering her prays to Sune, she submitts the following pictures.

"Few things in life are more beautiful than the human form." Daria giggles.

• "Lycanthropes are beautiful, and among the most majestic of those is the wereshark"
    -Lilin