Journal of Garreth the green-haired mage

• Garreth walks out of the Boarshead Inn. The wind is blowing, dark clouds forming. He reaches Friar Fred's chapel before rain finally fell. He stops to enjoy the rain, a rare occasion for the mage who likes his hair dry and fluffy. Fred asks him to get inside before he gets sick.

Inside the chapel, Garreth writes:

Freedom in the rain
    _I see the whispers of the wind
    Gently tossing soft fallen leaves
    Whistling with the trees nearby
    Bitter memories that make me cry.

I hear the dancing of the rain
    Tapping on the grey tin roof
    Carressing cold concrete walls
    Seeping in my mind's guarded halls.

I feel the fragrant drops of rain
    Cleanse me free from all my pains
    Happiness drizzles in my mind
    Drenching all bitterness it can find._

• admitted to Spellweaver Keep

• [put entry on bandit hostage here]

• I was sitting by the south fire when a man, in green armor, came and asked for help regarding the a big group of bandits that have been spotted in the Nars Pass.

Tony, Tontou, Aymar, Merin and me, among others, extended our aid. On our way out of the North Gates,a half-orc named Horbag joined us.

We arrived at the Nars Pass, then the battle ensued. After only a very brief moment, a lot of the bandit priests and archers have been felled. Unfotunately however, Ishar (the paladin in green armor) also fell.

We had difficulty getting his body and his gear as the bandit archers kept on firing at us whenever we get near.

Tony under an invisibility spell crept towards the hill where the archers where and casted his deadly cloud (Cloudkill). Seeing the bandits fall and others injured and confused, I quickly changed form to a troll and picked Ishar's gear.

We then hurriedly went back to Norwick and had Ishar revived with the help of Fred and his students.

• Saw a hill giant. It was really huge!

Tagnar's axe was doing a good amount of damage to the giant, allowing me and Tony to cast our offensive spells.

I tried scaring it to death (Phantasmal Killer) but it just shrugged off the nightmarish images I conjured. I think I should conjure more than just bad hair day, especially that the giant is bald. chuckles as he pluffs his own hair

Magic missile worked against the giant. So did the fire arrows me and Tony conjured. But it was Tony's (Melf's) acid arrow spell that finally knocked the giant off his feet. There was definitely a huge thud and earth shaking when it fell and smashed a tree, before finally hitting the ground.

Takes out a clear jar with a few strands of the giant's hair.

[information after the event can be seen here:
    http://nwn.black-flag.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=15876 ]

• Bought 2 scrolls today.

I got a Lesser Spell Breach for 1500 off Nico. Had to ask Elord to loan me the 500 though.

I also got Lightning Bolt. Very cheap at 150 gold for a third circle.

Would have gotten another scroll, a Negative Energy Ray if Frago didnt decide to play and hide the scroll from me. Weird gnome. Into the business of buying and selling but wont sell what he has. grumbles

Oh well. I'm sure I'd find one some day.

• Poor Icky (Ikarus Darkrune). He can't seem to accept the fact that my hair is a lot more beautiful than his.

And everytime I pluff my hair, he brushes his hair with that veiny hands of him! And when I bring out my silver mirror, he brings out his gold mirror! Or at least he claims it's gold. shrugs It looks like a badly colored and stained metal to me.

Poor guy. I wonder how I can help him accept his hair's state. sigh

• Me and Anna went to Jjiyd to check the pie festival there. There were pies alright, but a red slaad must have smelled the pies and decided to go knocking on the town gates. Orc Man killed him though. Then the people went to check the roads and there were lots more! Different colors too - Red, Blue, Green and a Gray one too. The big guy named Sam, well he's a bit grumpy, said that Black ones cast a death spell shudders fortunately we didnt see any black one. No one died too. But when we went back to jjiyd, it was raining already and no more pies are being served! Hmmp. That happens when you play hero and save the town from slaads. You get starved. Hmmp

Oh well, I guess it isn't so bad after all. At least my hair didn't get messed up.

*pulls out a silver mirror and inspects the strands of his hair. looks around before plucking a strand that seems to be split on the end then goes back to admiring his pluffy hair

• [this happened a few days ago. just had the time to post it now].

Met a hin lass named Anna today. Weird one. She wants to be a god! Why will anyone want to be a god and age?

pulls out a silver mirror and looks at himself

Well maybe if you dont want to have wrinkles and gray hair being a god will be good.

pluffs his hair then heads out to the river to take a bath