Marlene Diams

• "Yeah, so, it was a speciall day, that day. Alot of things happend and even more were to come. Oh well, what did I know. Damn axe… leaving me helpless there in the lair... wait, gotta say I missed a few things.

Gotta say that the day wasn't too good even from start. Small things such as dropping mugs with water and all that. It was just ment to be. Runewater, being the port town it is, has several smiths there mostly all the time. Almost all of them are very reliable. If they say "Got te get sum' ov 'e stuff in dat mountain, I'll be back, right lass?", they usually mean exactly what they say. And they're very good at the thing they're doing. There's a reason why no ship that has once reached Runewater hasn't been successfully attacked by pirates or monsters or whatever. That reason is the smiths. So I figured that being the warrior maiden I am, I needed a new sword. Which I honestly did. The rusty short sword had holes in it. Holes! In a sword!

Anyway, there was this smith just standing there doing whatever smiths does. So I approached him.

-Hi. I said.
    -Ohh, hi... Marlene, is it? Well I'm Kieanu... Nice to meet you... he said, in a very manic sort of way. I just sighed as a reply. They got the name off of the rest of the guys in town. I'm pretty... popular, you could say.
    -I need a steel. Better make it a good one. I said. He just stared with amazement((is that a word?)) like he never got the request before.
    -Oh, believe me, dear Marlene, I got just what you need... A sword of perfect weight and length, perfect for holding with both one hand or two, I got the perfect one in mind... there was a pause for a moment now.
    -It matches your clothes as well. We had silvery clothes as uniforms, the four warrior maidens of Runewater.
    -Figures. How much do you want for it? Another pause. I started to think he was intimidated by me.
    -You must understand, Marlene, that a sword like this would cost alot of resources and time, for this is a sword that could cut through the thickest stone wall, if so was your wish.
    -I got enough of your bragging. When is it done? I replied, beggining to become really annoyed. He just shaked his head, slowly, scratching his beard and looking really thoughtfull.
    -I don't know, dear Marlene, Probably a month. You must understand that there is alot of work behind these kinds of weapons. Besides... I don't have all the components I need here in Runewater, dear Marlene... I would have to travel to the area of Narfell, I think I would be able to complete it there... Yes, I would. But in the meantime, you could always walk there... It would do you good, dear Marlene.
    Once again, I just sighed as a reply. I started to become suspicous by now. Who the hell would ask a potentiall costumer to go that far distance because it would be good for her?
    -If you think it would take enough time... Sure. Why not. But I rely on you that you will give me the 'oh-so-perfect sword' when all this is done, understood?
    -Yes, yes... Now, I would have to take out a few hundrer gold in advance... for the caravan and for protection while I mine, and all that.
    A few hundred gold??? Yeah. Lucky for him he's a smith I guess. Else he wouldn't be just as fertile as he once was.
    -A few hundred? I reply coldly
    -400 to be exact... it's pretty far you know, dear Marlene, but I trust you will give me the gold I need, aren't you?
    Guess I didn't have a choise here. You can guess the answer. I gave him the gold he said he needed and went off to get dressed in my combat suit along with my small, rusty, short sword with holes.
    Had to tell all my family. It would be pretty hard for my lover to take... he had just been out on the seas for about a month, and had only been home for a week or so with me. But I didn't know better, how was I supposed to? I just told him that I'd have to go for a trip and that I would be back. I miss him so...

Ehm. Must not love take over me.

My father was always so concerned about me, which is why I didn't take the warning so serious. He never liked me when I went to strolls that were longer than to the sea and back. Anyway... off I went. Many things were sawn and even more were fought. Heck, I must've killed more bandits on that trip than I did as a warrior maiden. But it's not like it was perfect at all times; I'm no wonderchild by all means. Combat can get stressy. As I danced my blade around myself, throwing my legs up in the air at the same time, cutting several bandits at one lap, it happend. The bastard to wizard threw a throwing axe at me. Cant believe how he aimed it so well. It came just under my kneecap. Fortunantly, I must say, the lap I was on was the last one needed to finish off the bandits, as I let out a scream that they could just probably hear back home at Runewater. I gotta say though to my defense, right there under the kneecap is a very sensetive spot, specially to get an axe thrown at. Luckily, like most wizards, he wasn't very strong, so it could've gone much worse. With my last powers, I let out another scream, lying there on the ground, taking out the throwing axe from the huge wound, throwed it at the wizard, hitting him right in the head by some wonder. I must've been lying there for a half an hour, at least, sobbing and cursing that axe. Sooner or later someone in Norwick heard me, helping me in and got me patched up. Couldn't have been very far from Norwick, I guess. I'm willing to bet that they were hired by that damn smith, for a part of my own money, considering I have yet to see my sword or the smith.
    Should he show up without my sword, he can consider himself sterile."

Game account: Kaztal
    Character: Marlene Diams
    ..sorry for the length!

• Reviewed - XP Pending.

Nothing wrong with length as long as it's quality 😉

• Lol a nice story, kinda jumps from place to place, but honestly we don't all have to be novelists. A great idea and an even greater ending. Perhaps you could find someone who would be willing to play the smith after some time? maybe a crafter in Pelt. could be interesting.