Rumours circulate of a bounty

• The Halfling Defence League

Word has been passing throughout the alleys, and the taverns, occassionally one may hear that a reward of 500 gold has been offered for the head of the banite Nickolai by Arikess, a wizard who lives up north at the city.

• word reaches the wizard that Rando caught up with the banite and gave him a right pasting, leaving him for dead in the Ettin caves

• //None of you can read? He said it was a small rumor…it was never meant to have any effect...

• Kaywen also tracks down Arikess on account of the bounty and inquires what kind of proof of the deed would be required, because literally bringing the head would be a bad idea, since they start to smell really bad after a couple of days.

• The Halfling Defence League

//This is the sorta word, hushed rumour sort going about, not on an open flyer put up on the walls…. Which is why I said its going about alleys and taverns through word of mouth...

• The Magistrate is seen to be pleased with Mayas fine work as his inquisitor so far, engaging in many efforts on behalf of the city.

The magistrate answers the same to anyone who asks of him.. about procedure on reporting crime

"Dealing with crime is a simple matter in this city, report all crime to the guard or the magistrates or those under their employ"

"The inevitable and inescapable process of orderly investigation, prosecution and justice will then prevail."

• Maya tracks down Arikess for the bounty

“Maybe is best make rumor bounty no longer for collect. Only Senate and Magistrate can make bounty, and only if break Peltarch law or is big threat to city. If citizen make bounty, is like hire for kill. Killer be put in jail, and you be put in jail for hire killer. I think maybe Nickolai is citizen of Peltarch too, but am not sure.

If think Nickolai is break law, then maybe is best report to guard or magistrate like Barrim and make complain. If break law against citizen of Peltarch like Arikess, then warrant be issue for arrest, and someone, maybe Maya, be sent track down and bring in.

I tell you to be friendly and not for arrest. Peltarch maybe have law of steel, but am here to make sure steel draw blood from right person."