Peltarch Goes To War (Post Stories)

• Council of Moradin

In general the Defenders certainly have been busy of late. As night approaches a few notice a few extra Defenders head down to the Tower, but nothing big.

As dawn arrives people wake to a sight they haven't seen since the Civil War and many are confused and scared.

Nearly 170 Defenders are geared for war and standing in the Civic and Commerce Districts. Nearly the entire Guard (looks to be 150 or so) stands watch on the walls. Large wagons filled with food, tents, and lumber are all brought out of warehouses people had assumed were merchant stocks.

The entire division of Far Scouts is nowhere to be seen.

Anyone trying to leave the city is held inside. The guard have a list of civilians who are allowed to leave and a list of people specifically not allowed to leave. Several arrests are made. Senior Senator Gelon can be seen trying to bring calm to the crowds explaining this is a temporary measure that will be lifted after the initial blow is struck.

As the rooster crows the birth of a new day, Peltarch's gates open and the city goes to war.

• Council of Moradin

((I love enthusiasm, but I would like this thread to be completely in character. I hope to have a single thread to go thru with all the war stories coz I like readin em.))

• Peltarch dispatches a messenger to the neighbouring towns warning them of the increase in concern after they have already begun fighting. Advising travelers to avoid the area unless absolutely necessary.

((better?))

((red part is Seraphaine's edit. now it is better. 😉 ))

• Council of Moradin

((feel free to post your war stories here. I am posting this many hours early just to give people the background. I expect this not to spill into game which is several IC days behind me.))