Saurus and Kobolds and Stegadon oh my!

• Saurus in the Caves
    Date: Dec, 26 2005

Tala come back to the Peltarch batter brusied and looking like a great beast tried to bite her in half. Many puncture marks seen in her arm as she limps into the Phoenix hall. Leaving the hall a short time later she appears to ensconce herself in a room at the Mermaid for several days. On her waking she wanders to the common area and talks of what happened in the caves.

So we went to the caves west of peltarch. It seemed like a good idea at the time. At the enterance to the cave mouth though we saw many of the young sauri spewing forth. We went in carefully and looked about. There were many sauri in the cave. We went up to the cave above to see if there were more lizzards mixed in with the kobolds. There were some but they were quickly dispatched. The stegadon was not so easily dispatched. We all fought bravely. Running up to it shooting it damaging it as we could. We harried it until it finally fell, but not without injury to ourselves.

I did the prayers to Ubato for guidance in harming a child of his as best I could in the cramped quarters of the cave. Anyone interested in learning how to properly slay the beasts should speak with Oreth. I am guessing Ubato was not too angry with us as we lived. So I am thinking I did them right looks profoundly relieved at the notion

I spread word so that the unwary traveler not venture upon any of the fearsome beasts like we did unawares.

• tala doesn't seem unwell after a few days rest and seems to malinger only so that she can stay in the inn a few more days. Tala agrees to writing the report and sends it off to Barrim before leaving the city

• The Magistrate, Barrim - a long-time watcher of kobold tactics goes to see Tala and how she is faring after the attack. He goes to ask after her health and whether she can write up an official report for the far-scouts. He thanks her and those with her on her efforts against all civilised folks enemies the kobolds on the borders of our city.