Problems With New Jiyyd ((Semi OOC))

• sorry sterling the rumours of naked female dwarves mining platinum while drinking ale in the back rooms is false

• ICC

@920d55c1e7=Clan:

who is distributing the keys to the dwarven temple? (there are several locked doors inside….I had assumed Council of Moradin members would have access (?)

ME <–-- Cleric of Truesilver & old crusty member of the Council. Would like to play out getting a key to the temple rooms as well... could be fun RP inside.

• @dab6db2143=Kell_Durand:

There is a place to perchase a woodcutters axe your just not looking hard enough, try asking in game where to buy one.

Damn me and my wandering around Jiyyd aimlessly for over an hour looking for this! I did the "ask in game" but the only answer I usually got was:

blinkblink

^_^

I tried the main store, the healer store, the exotic item store, the barn store (armour + weapons), and every house I could find… No woodcutter axe. So... I gave up and went back to Norwick hunting goblins and being denied work by Fine and Wald. hehe.

• There is a place to perchase a woodcutters axe your just not looking hard enough, try asking in game where to buy one.

• There is work to be done (harvest wood for some guy can't remember the name atm) in Jiyyd, but there is NO place for a lvl 1 pc to purchase the equipment to harvest wood (Woodcutters Axe). Maybe providing this in a store would be nice?

• who is distributing the keys to the dwarven temple? (there are several locked doors inside….I had assumed Council of Moradin members would have access (?)

• the way the benches are set up is that there is one sittable bench, whereby if you click on it your pc sits in the middle of the bench, but there are two sittable chairs, whereby your pc can sit on either end of the bench.

while this does make sense, it can also make for some awkward animations, and probably more placeable lag.

edit: wait, this has been fixed but now the seats are facing the wrong way

• The road between the farmland and Ormpur is green forested wilderland with worgs and other fun wolves to play with. Why is it untrackable for rangers? I can't see any reason it should be.

• One (or two?) of the benches around the campfire are slightly offset, so that you sit "inside" the bench. Looks very strange.

• Perhaps there should've been gates made where the east road and raod to ormpur border?

• The doors dont close after a time when you open them and enter. Tho I know this concept of automatic doors is not real fantastical I would think most characters have the courtisy to close the door when its snowing outside.

• I removed all the lamp posts because they just don't look like they fit in a small town like Jiyyd. More of a city thing.

There are supposed to be folks in Ormpur still.

If you haven't found the well yet there is a whole new sitting area there. I put in new benchs there and made the existing one sittable. No need for two wells in Jiyyd.

Lake got smaller to accomodate the new buildings. You rather have a lake that you can't walk on or new areas/shops/etc?

Good posts though. If anyone sees anything else post away. I'm editing my post with the needed changes.

• the Farmer walks through the benches and camp fires and stands in front of people on the benches for long pauses. Odd RP moments.

the water basin to wash things with… is now an uncooking cooking fire.

along the same lines... are there still people in Ormpur? or should they be removed?

poor lake got smaller.

perhaps remove the harvestable trees that were once in the south-east corner... there are other places trees can be harvested safely.

the lamp posts were replaced with a torch post. how about making it one rain-immune lamp post again.

• The gaurds get stuck when they change shifts

• Keep this thread going with problems.

Farmerr Shantie has one two many R's.
    Doors need autoclose scripts.
    Targets at legion halls need the script to register hits.
    Southern bench at the fire needs sittables adjusted.
    Pathing issues with NPCs.
    Remove Harvestable trees from inside Jiyyd.
    Make the campfire useable.

• the archery targets outside the Legion Halls don't register which ring you hit. 🙂