A dwarf speaks of "Kings"

• Walking through the Peltarch commons, a dwarf wearing dark plate strides out of his shop towards the open market. A large, burly dwarf follows while carrying a small wooden platform.

Once reaching an open area, the dwarf in the plate motions where to place the platform. The burly dwarf obeys, then takes a few steps back, folding his arms and watching the gathering crowd.

Slowly and purposefully, Foilir steps up onto the platform eyeing the various members of the crowd.*

"Citizens of Peltarch! Fellow merchants, friends…. Yeh has known me fer years as a common merchant, running me modest shop...."

motions to the small entrance behind him by the stairs

"...an honest merchant, an honest werker. O'er deh years me has werked wit most of yeh at un point er another... Frumma helpin Binvet's pa, who was stricken wit dat odd disease, teh deh time dat ghastly murder happen in deh Mermaid wit dem rats, teh savin deh life of deh bard magistrate as he was about teh be fall at deh hands of a gnoll...."

takes a deep breath as he eyes them all

"...anna now we have dis stranger...dis...."

pauses and says with a sneer and waves a hand dismissively

"...dis Tidus.. dis supposed heir teh wut? A self proclaimed king? Wut is yer proof?"

holds out his arms as he looks around the crowd

"...who is dis madman wit delusions runnin through his head, dat he be frumma deh lines of kings? me has nae seen a shred of evidence teh say he is a king er a felon... so teh me he cen be either..."

*tugs on his beard as he looks pensive, before he speaks again. Slowly he raises a finger."

"..ahhh but some of us can prove our bloodlines..... our lineage..."

slowly he reaches for his axe and holds it high

"...dis axe... dis is deh Amn... deh axe of dwarven kings... deh axe of king Steelbrow."

turns it over slightly as he lets the crowd look at it.

"..but how does dis prove dat me is of lineage Steelbrow? Anyun can purchase a rare axe, yeh say? Anythin can be aquired, yeh say?"

• A wide smile starts to form on his lips *

"Ahhh but there is a curse on this axe.... a deadly curse that will sap deh life frumma anyun who try teh wield it without the proper blood runnin through der veins! Fer only a descendant of King Steelbrow can weild it.."

• Slowly his head starts nodding a bit *

"Three dwarves have touched dis axe! Two have lived and one was felled by the curse! Deh fallen was raised and is a repected citizen of this city..Tagnar Baldforge... He can support any claims me makes of this axe... But why take his werd fer it..."

with this he hops down from the platform and swings the axe violently so that its firmly embedded into the wood, with the handle facing the crowd. After he does so, he pulls out a small bag with some small diamonds in it.

"So... who will be the first to test the Amn? Me lineage? If me speaks the truth? Nae be afraid... me has purchased diamonds, anna me cousin der will take yeh to a priest teh have yeh raised... Anyun?"

slowly looks to the crowd and points

"wut about yeh? er yeh?"

leaving the axe in the wood he gets back on the platform

"So der is me proof... deh Amn does not lie... Tagnar's death does not lie...."

he pauses as he eyes the crowd and tugs his beard

"Weer is dis Tidus' proof? A few thugs dat bend yeh arm inteh agreein wit him? Deh rantins of a loon?"

waves his hands dismissively

"..it is nae enuff fer me... A stranger in dese lands.... walkin into dese walls.. claiming a throne..."

shakes head

"..strong werds and rants are nae enuff teh convince me of dis...Tidus... "

He hops down from his platform and pries the axe from the wood. He motions to the burly dwarf to grab the podium

"... If any of yeh want teh test deh Amn... it will be in me shop... me cousin Nor will provide yeh with ales anna summa food..."

grins as he says

"..but please bring yeh own priest... nae want dead bodies layin around me shop... it terrible fer business"

walks away speaking loud enough to be heard saying "Koreth, Tidus.. wut deh difference.."