Peltarch Election Activities

• The city bustles with activity during the festival… the announcement of upcoming Senate elections lends a political fervor to the town. Enzo is seen standing alongside every major event, smiling and nodding politely to the various citizens he knows. He claps in approval at the fine display of swords, and lifts his crystal wine glass in toast to Zyphillin, the day's champion at the archery contest. Late that evening he is seen inside the Dancing Mermaid hosting a large dinner for several of his friends. The wine and food are excellent and the topic of conversation is the election.

"I know virtually nothing about elections," admits Enzo to his guests over a glass of fine Benzantur brandy. "We have no such thing in my homeland."

"I heard that idiot Bryze wanted to be elected king," laughs one man. The whole table erupts in cheerful laughter and another round of drinks is poured.

"This is rare opportunity for me to see the electoral process," says Enzo to the woman at his side. "I am sure I will learn much in the weeks to come." The women agrees, telling Enzo various antecdotes on how other elections have been held.

As the festival continues, Enzo begins to politely inquire as to the procedure and policy that will govern the election. What will be the means of voting? How will ballots be stored and counted? Who will provide oversight? What body is responsible for fairness and security?

• Council of Moradin

The basics: Every adult (persons over the age of 15) is given two votes to cast. This allows for a more represented government. The votes are collected and counted and the person with the most votes wins.

In the present case, since there are three seats open, the top three will be elected as long as they receive at least 20% of the total vote. Failing a 20% vote, there will have to be a second election until such time as all three seats are filled.