Genzir Malark

• Playing since early August 2005, I think.

Genzir Malark: played since September 2005, more or less

STR 8
    DEX 14
    CON 14
    INT 18
    WIS 12
    CHA 12

Requested a rebuild to move some of his DEX into WIS and CHA, and maybe some of his constitution into INT. He really should have a higher wisdom than 12, the way I play him. Though I guess you could say he understands and deals with people using his intellect more than "intuition".

Feats: Toughness, Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment, Extend and Empower Spell, Spell Focus Evocation, Skill Focus: Lore

home: doesn't own a home, basically lives at Spellweaver Keep, with frequent visits to Jiyyd.

notable items:

• Spellslayer Robes (10/- pierce resist, Protection from Elements 1/day) SWK guild item
    • Spellweaver Adept's Staff (Magic Missile(9) 3/day) – This is the Keeper's staff, a guild item he is basically required to hold as Keeper--ideally I would have taken another item with less flash/damage and different benefits that suit his style more, but I have to say the MMs are nice.
    • Ring of Intellect (+1 Intelligence) -- He and Abner traded a total of 15 duergar books to each get an item like this; all but 3 of the books were obtained by trading with other PCs, gettnig them directly from the duergar would have been hell. 😉
    • Divining Rod ("club", no dmg, 40% base weight, +5 Search; custom item enchantment) -- His long quest for the rare weirwood tree finally paid off, he took a small branch to make the divining rod, and later pointed out its location to the Circle and a member of the Wolves so that they could protect it and tend to it.
    • Gnarled Oak Staff (quarterstaff, +5 Persuade, Detect Magic(3) 3/day, custom item enchantment) -- Every wizard needs a good staff, this helps him do what he's good at. And it looks really stylish.
    • Fine Woolen Cloak (cloak, +4 Bluff, 5/- cold resistance, +1 saves vs negative energy, custom item enchantment) -- The cloak is embroidered with symbols of Selune, I thought of it as a kind of Selunite/lunar-themed cloak. No particular story behind it.
    • Trapstick ("club", no dmg, 40% base weight, +5 Disable Trap) -- Perhaps Genzir's signature invention, a strange-looking metal rod with various notches and protrusions for pinning back or cutting wires. On command, it can float in mid-air, acting as a third hand.
    • Sash of Attunement (belt, +5 Spellcraft, +1 Will saves, custom item enchantment) -- a plain, red silken sash.

PNP spells known:
    level
    1: Magic Aura -- Researched in a plot with Kallethen
    2: Alter Self -- Researched in a plot with Kallethen
    3: Tongues (or Translation as he has started calling it) -- Painstakingly and hilariously researched by Genzir and Elridith, with help from Nym, Raisa, Seer and Wolf.
    4: Scrying -- Taught to him by Evendur Mildsilver
    5: Teleport -- Taught to him by Dentias Flomeigne

• updated 26 March 2007

• Updated again. This is really beating a dead horse by now, but I'd still love to see the rest of the people who play mage characters and weighed in on the troll debate tell us about their items. Out of all those people, I've only seen three of them post so far.

• updated 22 Jan 2007