Arthus... Evil?

• I am happy to announce… Arthus Goldmoon the once loyal paladin of torm... has now become an Oscuran... 😉 As you have all probably noticed in game, he has become a little evil. :oops:

• The Halfling Defence League

8O
    Hey wow…this really DID get off topic!

• Now now folks… shakes head I didnt even imply that Oscura was evil! I said that Arthus is now evil!!! Hear me out! 😉 lol (He had to move to Oscura because no other towns would accept the evil that he carries with him) Just thought I'd clear that up 🙂 (its just basically the only place he can live comfortably)

• As one who likes the idea of Oscura, and one who likes visiting it, not to mention one who does a small bit of business with it…

Oscura is neutral, in the sense, that it provides for not only the evil, but the neutral, and the good. The city allows -anyone- to visit, live, or start organizations and businesses within the city, provided they follow the town laws, and don't go around haplessly slaughtering the townsfolk.

Until such time that it bars paladins of all sorts from entering the city, it can't be said that it does not provide for all alignments.

Now if the majority of the city, the people, and the orginizations are more evil based, or more so, based around evil deities... that's a whole different story. The key element is that Oscura provides for all, it just so happens that those of "Good" alignment have not taken thier oppurtunity of trying to make thier own there.

• Thank you for the clarification, now back on topic! I'm looking forward to discovering IG what caused such a drastic change in alignment, Arthus.

@409db00773=ZANETAR:

@409db00773=Wykith:

If a city/country's leading party, and major organizations/NPCs are all evil = the city/country is evil, then America is an evil country.

See? Makes no sense at all.

It's the commoners that decide alignment. Not the would be major players/NPCs.

America is full of active PCs, not anonymous commoner NPCs.

@409db00773=Oreth:

If you say so.

• @e8a1c6581c=Wykith:

If a city/country's leading party, and major organizations/NPCs are all evil = the city/country is evil, then America is an evil country.

America is full of active PCs, not anonymous commoner NPCs.

But whatever. I'm not going to argue about something that really doesn't matter.

• If a city/country's leading party, and major organizations/NPCs are all evil = the city/country is evil, then America is an evil country.

Regardless of what the "word" was in Pelt's darker days, it never stopped being neutral. It just went through a dark time.

• Let me clarify…

My post was not targeted at any other posts or comments. What alot of people are forgetting is that while you have described maybe 14 PCs the majority of the NPCs, both the factions and general population are infact, nuetral.

What the city ends up in a RL year is up to the players. If more and more become evil with more evil organizations then yes, the cities alignment will shift but at the moment, the influence of the evil organizations simply has corrupted the majority of the population.

• I apologize, an offhand comment and joke by me seemingly was blown out of proportion.

• If you say so.

• Oscura is neutral. Some leaders are evil, some are not. You could look at some of the laws as more liaise fair than anything but it depends on a perspective that I am not willing to argue over the forums at the moment.

In the end, Oscura is neutral.

• This doesn't happen often, but I agree with Zane wholeheartedly. If the government is evil, the laws are evil, the clergy are all evil, and all of the truly active citizens are evil, then it really doesn't matter if the barkeep pets bunnies and gives candy to children, he lives in an evil city.

• We are neutral here, not evil.

Kicks a helpless bunny across the street.

Looks around

WHAT?

• I would think of Oscura as being neutral with evil tendencies.

Besides, the PCs active shape the town, don't they? People used to consider Peltarch neutral / evil, or so say old posts I read somewhere, but now it's often viewed as good / neutral. Why? Active PCs change; government changes.

At present, Oscura's government is largely evil. There are no less than three Banites on the Tribunal, one Aurilite, two followers of Shar (whether neutral or not, they follow an evil god, and they emit a potent evil aura – good enough for me).

I'm not sure about some of the NPC Tribune members, but I know all of them (minus two, I think, who didn't cast votes), were in support of legalizing the trade of slaves in Oscura. Slavery is a very blatantly and profoundly evil practice.

Then there's Oscura's merchant queenie, Chaevre, who is not a good girl by any stretch of the imagination.

The only temple in town houses sanctuaries to three very wicked gods.

My point is that if PCs and major-role NPCs (that is, not the masses of assumed commoners) have anything to do with shaping the sort of general alignment of a city, Oscura is being shaped to something much less than kind and wholesome.

• @6cc7044a5a=Yith:

That sounds a bit unrealistic, either a griefer has been at it, or something had gone very wrong. I don't know any event short of a large scale town attack where ten characters would die and be littered, unless the dm has done some miscalculation, or there been some accident. Maybe somebody has used it for corpse storage place during a town attack.

Beside, that is no excuse to say the place is 'evil', or that the pub is 'evil', it is hardly something you find everyday.

:roll:

It was a griefer, they created character after character and threw them at one of the NPC's there trying to do enough damage that one of them would eventually kill it and could loot it/get xp. They never succeeded, but it was funny listening to the running commentary (no DM's were around) 🙂

And no, IMO Oscura itself is neutral, it's just suffering from very very bad PR and only evil PC's going there.

• Yes yes… apparently I haven't been keeping up my reading in F&P to have noticed the change to Kelemvor's domain set. I suppose its what happens when you wander into parts of the game you don't know so well.

Thanks for the redirect. 🙂

• Just don't get in the way of Ezachiel's and Sara's evil plans, or Belade's smiting

Not to mention that they replace the death domain spells with the forgotten realms' 'repose' domain, which is all about destroying undead. Which means…no clerical necromancers.

As for the original purpose of this topic....meh, whatever floats your boat. Enjoy yourself.

• …i don't know where in the world you're getting that from. Kelemvor loathes undead more than almost anything else, has a prestige class based around the soul purpose of slaying and destroying all undead, and its one of the key differences in him compared to the former god of the dead. Where did you read he's a close assossiate to a Lich of all things? O.o