A new face in the dark halls...

• Passage from a letter sent to the Tharchion of Surthay by Enzo Ifferial:

"… and shortly after I had secured what you wished of me in Peltarch, I made a noteworthy discovery. There is, not far from this port town, an entrance to a lost city beneath the ground. I overheard a conversation while napping in a guardhouse beyond Peltarch's walls naming this place as Oscura. I know of no legend refering to this place, nor have I heard it spoke of in the Underdark Halls near Eltabbar. I do not know if this place is in ruins or if long inhabited; however, the two who spoke of this place had recently visited without incident. If I am not mistaken, they spoke of an underground river and possibly a port facility. If it is so, then this Oscura is possibly connected in some manner (if not long lost) to either the halls of Sejin C'ah beneath the Earthspurs of Damara, or the Underdark Halls in Thay, or potentially both. Please advise me as to your wishes regarding this discovery."

Passage from another letter sent to the Tharchion of Surthay by Enzo Ifferial two months later:

"... and it continues to progress though I have not yet had audience with the Senate. On the matter of Oscura, I have located and visited these dark halls on your request. It is a most interesting find, my Lady... a lost underground city in an amazing state of repair. On the matter of first importance, I have confirmed the presence of an underground river with a crude but functional port facility. Though, on initial questioning of the local boatsmen, I could not ascertain whether the river connects with any location within the Farsay or Underdark that is known to me. I imagine as I make more influential contacts within the city, I will find someone who is knowledgable about the historical water routes Oscura has had access. On a general note, Oscura is surprisingly well populated and appears to have a formalized government. There is an official named Zanetar that I believe acts as ruler of this place; I do not know if he rules by force, consent, or theology. I have been able to walk freely in this place, and though the tatoos on my face and skull freely betray my heritage, I have found no confrontation in Oscura as I have in Peltarch. I will continue to gather information per your request."